11-09-2010, 03:35 PM
Didn't think you guys had it in ya!

shadywack
11-09-2010, 03:36 PM
Yay!!!

This is great news!!

reddragon72
11-09-2010, 03:50 PM
yep bullet # 3 on the long list of changes :)

Lesrider
11-09-2010, 03:55 PM
This is gonna suck for those of us just getting good enough to rush ao3.

nick115
11-09-2010, 03:59 PM
people will be tired of this in no time...

Lesrider
11-09-2010, 04:02 PM
It's not fair to those of us who just got good enough at this for rushing. Now all the people who already rushed to their heart's content will own the market and be able to charge insane prices for items.
Definitely not goig to work for casual players who can't b on for hours every day.

And for god's sake, it's gonna get boring fast! How many times do you think we want to clear mobs of yellow aliens and Sniper's just to get a bunch of useless purples and a small chance at a nice rare?

Epic fail.

xera
11-09-2010, 04:05 PM
It's not fair to those of us who just got good enough at this for rushing. Now all the people who already rushed to their heart's content will own the market and be able to charge insane prices for items.
Definitely not goig to work for casual players who can't b on for hours every day.

And for god's sake, it's gonna get boring fast! How many times do you think we want to clear mobs of yellow aliens and Sniper's just to get a bunch of useless purples and a small chance at a nice rare?

Epic fail.

agree.........................

Snakespeare
11-09-2010, 04:06 PM
I have not had a chance to play, but if they made it multi-tiered, they didn't need so many yellow aliens. Hopefully they balanced it out with fewer yellows aliens? If not, well, learn to debuff them, I guess.

Lesrider
11-09-2010, 04:11 PM
They need fewer yellow aliens and everything needs to drop items and/or coins to make up for all the lost hP pots.

This makes me so sad. I was just talking to my team about starting o only rush Ol/Gurg since we've been getting good at it. Now we can't do that. Plus we sold all our items thinking prices would drop with the store. A head's up from the devs about this would have been nice so we would have held on to our items. Sigh.

elevenstrikes
11-09-2010, 04:20 PM

QFT ten characters.

Lesrider
11-09-2010, 04:29 PM
QFT? Huh? What's that?

shadywack
11-09-2010, 04:42 PM
QFT? Huh? What's that?

Quoted For Truthery.

Lesrider
11-09-2010, 04:46 PM
Ah ok lol thanks!

Snakespeare
11-09-2010, 05:23 PM
THEY NERFED THE RUSH!!!!
http://www.scentedcandlesclub.com/Party1.gif

kurl
11-09-2010, 05:26 PM
F***KKKKK!!!! THIS GOT ME SO FU**ING MADD!
and ao3 sucks anyway atlease with the rushwe couldve gone in and ran BUT NOW MORE! We gotta kill all of these b****es now...

Ellyidol
11-09-2010, 05:30 PM
Its a good thing in a way that it adds more to gameplay. I mean I don't mind clearing for a few minutes, its ideal. But theres nothing to clearing other than getting to the boss, it gets boring. You don't even know how much "significant" is.

Varking
11-09-2010, 05:32 PM

Epic fail.

If this was on a World of Warcraft forum this would seem common. People always complain about stuff like this in all MMOs, but they keep playing. All it sounds like to me is people want instant gratification and an easy way to get something. What ever happened to just bearing down and working hard for something?

Lesrider
11-09-2010, 05:34 PM
My main gripe isthat they didn't give us a head's up. I wouldn't have sold all my items so cheap if I knew this was coming. I was planning for the shop and instead got this :(. Now I lost out on a lot of cash. Why couldn't they tell us about this in advance?

Steverd
11-09-2010, 05:35 PM

Epic fail.

+1

Steve

xera
11-09-2010, 05:38 PM
If this was on a World of Warcraft forum this would seem common. People always complain about stuff like this in all MMOs, but they keep playing. All it sounds like to me is people want instant gratification and an easy way to get something. What ever happened to just bearing down and working hard for something?

working hard for something

working hard

working

it's a game. not work.

Ellyidol
11-09-2010, 05:39 PM
My suggestion is add incentives to clearing. For the newer players (those who weren't able to get the new ao3 pinks yet or such), they have no way or a very slim chance of getting these rares. Prices will go up, which they won't be able to afford. How else do they earn gold if not slowly from farming low maps over and over as much as they can? Fortunately for us who have had the chance to rush, we have our gear. Especially with the new android market coming up.

Purist
11-09-2010, 05:42 PM
Fin-all-y...

Snakespeare
11-09-2010, 05:44 PM
You can still take you level 50 character into a level 25 map.

Varking
11-09-2010, 05:50 PM
it's a game. not work.
You are still just beating around the bush. The truth is people here want everything for nothing, or for cheap. They don't want to invest time. How much longer would it take to clear? Read how many people here are complaining about things that aren't necessary. They added faces to the game to choose from, and people are complaining it should be free. It isn't something gamebreaking and it isn't something that will give somebody else an advantage. It is a spend if you want type of thing. But no, people can't be happy. People are also complaining about how the consignment shop gives us one spot instead of three, but had the read the update after that they wouldn't have gotten their hopes up or been surprised because they stated for everyone it was just going to be one.

MMOs are games, you are right, but you still have to put in work to become elite. If you don't care about being elite than by all means you don't have to participate in end game, there are other things to do.

Kossi
11-09-2010, 05:57 PM
i hate this so much..

Superzarop
11-09-2010, 05:57 PM
The drop rate have been signifcantly increased!! I took a small bit of time right after the update and did 4 bosses, guess what? 3 rares droped! A Sunblessd Bow, a Keepers Staff, and best of all i got a Force Wing!

Lesrider
11-09-2010, 06:04 PM
That's good to hear. Maybe once I take a shower and cool off, I'll check it out. Still not happy about the insane plat prices -- not given me much hope for future campaign prices.

CanonicalKoi
11-09-2010, 06:06 PM
Noticed it in AO1 with my birdie.....Bastet wasn't in her usual spot until everything else was dead. The whole group cheered. :D The best thing was none of those annoying enemy mages or fighters giving you a hard time--you could just concentrate on the boss.

addiekai
11-09-2010, 06:11 PM
Something good coming out of this, finally :)

Snakespeare
11-09-2010, 06:12 PM
Noticed it in AO1 with my birdie.....Bastet wasn't in her usual spot until everything else was dead. The whole group cheered. :D The best thing was none of those annoying enemy mages or fighters giving you a hard time--you could just concentrate on the boss.

THAT is so cool!!!!! :)

Thank you for sharing that.

Superzarop
11-09-2010, 06:16 PM
And now we can have time to chat in a game again ;)

addiekai
11-09-2010, 06:19 PM
And now we can have time to chat in a game again ;)

The "Multiplayer" aspect of Massively Multiplayer Online game is making a comeback :)

CanonicalKoi
11-09-2010, 06:35 PM
THAT is so cool!!!!! :)

Thank you for sharing that.

My pleasure! :D Sadly, you still have a clump of baddies up with Sobek (that fat, nasty, evil, [expletive deleted], [expletive adjective deleted] lizard).

Fyrce
11-10-2010, 01:39 AM
Don't know. Did Keeper twice, Plo'toxx or whatever his name is, and Mynas. Mynas seemed tons easier, but got um, purples and lower pinks. Wasn't that exciting. Opening levels for people got them excited though.

Lesrider
11-10-2010, 01:43 AM
I also got junk. It just took longer to get said junk. Not enjoying it.

Some of the bosses seemed a bit easier, I don't know if that's the case or not. But I hope that wasn't their consolation prize for having to clear. I prefer the challenge of the tough boss -- more rewarding than clearing a bunch of aliens.

Archyx
11-10-2010, 08:09 AM
What makes me chuckle is.. The fact all you lvl 50's that have all ready rushed and got all your gear are complaining? Atleast you had a shot at getting some easy gear..

The new players like myself didnt get a chance to abuse this and now have to continue the boring farm of very similar maps over and over and over again..

*I cant wait -.- note sarcasm here*

Lesrider
11-10-2010, 08:18 AM
I don't have all my gear...

CanonicalKoi
11-10-2010, 08:25 AM
Evidently, the Bastet situation was a glitch or.... Another group of us were playing last night. Even though not all of the baddies were dead, she seemed to pop up when X number of the magic useres in her area were gone. This is going to take some experimentation.

Superzarop
11-10-2010, 01:34 PM
You do not have to clear all mobs in the map or area or make a boss spawn. For example, at desert in Victory Rush, you only need to kill to 146 to make P'lot spawn, assuming you have cleared the middle room of course.

Snakespeare
11-10-2010, 01:41 PM
It is wise to clear the adds out of the boss areas before they respawn, if you can. Makes the boss fight a lot easier.

Fyrce
11-10-2010, 02:03 PM
Oh yeah, I love that you get to clear aides without the boss now. That's actually pretty funny.

Raxie
11-10-2010, 05:33 PM
so glad that they nerfed the rush.

Orei
11-10-2010, 08:38 PM
Im happy that they nerfed the rush. Last night, for the first time in weeks since I last played ao3, I actually enjoyed killing through. Makes more sense that you need to clear the minions before u hit the boss.

Before this its always pot rush, which runs down your gold fast, sometimes without any rare pinks after hours, and you get frustrated. Fighting the minions generate you some gold along the way, so you dont feel the pain of using that defense pot. Of course it takes longer compared to previously, but whats the rush? If you need that rare pink that bad, there is always the consignment store.

smoae
11-10-2010, 10:57 PM
If all the people who dont like the nerf rush care about is rushing, then you are not true mmorpg'ers. mmorpgs are not about rushing, theyre about using teamwork and finding efficient ways to kill enemies and get loot.