PDA

View Full Version : 1% solution? Auctioneers?

Snakespeare
11-09-2010, 04:20 PM
So apparently, when I listed one item for 150K, it took 1% of that from my gold. Then, when I cancelled, it did not restore that 1%. Then I listed another item for 120K. Now I am out 2700 gp, and I got nothing.

Sorry, devs, but I WILL NOT BE BUYING ANY CONSIGNMENT SLOTS! I was going to, but this has changed my mind.

You would think they would make REAL CASH from the sale of slots, and there would be no need to take our pretend gold. But I guess that would be logical. Instead, I feel punished for being dumb.

I seriously was going to buy slots, but now it seems stupid to buy more slots. Why should I lose what little gp I have trying to fool myself into thinking somebody wants my unused items? Imagine if I bought 5 slots for 40 plat and listed 6 items, or even 1 more for 10 plat and listed 2. I would lose tens of thousands of gold with no certainty of getting any of it back.

Of course, if they ONLY TOOK IT AFTER THE SALE, that would give me a reason to buy more slots. I could take the risk of listing more items for shorter periods. But as it stands, I would be a bigger fool than I already am to buy any slots. It just doesn't make sense. More slots merely means more times they can take my pretend gold, so there's no sense in me spending real money so they can take my pretend gold.

Lesrider
11-09-2010, 04:27 PM
Agreed.

And now my post is long enough...

reddragon72
11-09-2010, 04:37 PM
Well if it makes you feel any better I'll be buying some lower end stuff once I start playing. But to pay for a slot to sell something and then get hit with a "transaction" fee... yea kinda lame.

Snakespeare
11-09-2010, 04:47 PM
I would gladly pay a fee IF it sells. I would buy slots if that were the case. Yes, it takes bandwidth and required development effort and I am taking up a tiny bit of server space with a record in a table on the server... but doesn't the plat pay for that? GP is fake money. Plat is real. Why dissuade me from spending real money by taking my fake money? It's illogical.