PDA

View Full Version : I joyfully waited for 1.5 for so long, but...

xera
11-09-2010, 05:07 PM
I kept checking for the 1.5 update at least 2-3 times a day. Joyfully updated when it FINALLY was out. The opposite effect struck me: disappointment. Not just disappointment, but also aversion.
I already thought the game was getting pretty expensive (campaigns costing more and more every update), but this beats everything.

-Charactar customisation!
Really? 20 platinum to change the COLOR of a face you can hardly see? And guess what! They even messed up the birds face; to encourage us to buy those face paintings. You've gotten sneaky STS, very sneaky.

-Capture the flag
I'm refusing to buy this.

-Consignment shoppe!
Huzah! The long awaited consignment shoppe!
But wait what...? They promised us 3 slots? we only got ONE?
wait what...? Didn't they tell us 10 platinum for 5 slots? We have to pay FORTY plat for 5 slots now?
Oh yeah and don't even get me started on the fees.

Just want to say thank you sts, for screwing us over. I thought the update could not disappoint me, but you prove me wrong. Congratulations.

Hayabusaz
11-09-2010, 05:15 PM
Agreed agreed agreed !!

This 1.5 is .... NOT COOL !!!!

I Already Gave Like 200$ !!!

Want more Money !!!!?????

I'll keep spamming to sell items in towns . I'm off :( :( :(

Kossi
11-09-2010, 05:16 PM
i agree with EVERYTHING THIS GUY SAYS! (faces cost me 10p lol) but im not getting ctf, and so arent many people, therefore, CTF WILL DIE, also they did promise us 3 slots! im not rich! i cant afford 40p!

Bludd
11-09-2010, 05:19 PM
Lol I thought the same thing.
At AO3 I waited for it and it finally came, but cost 2x as much as any other map. I was like omg wtf but I got it anyways because I thought it was worth it, but just bearly.

I got wind of this a few weeks ago and I thought well they can't possibly ruin CS because what is there to pay for?
Submitted to app store and they tell us we only get 3 slots and you have to pay 10p per 5 more. I thought wtf but I looked at my stash full of pinks and thought. Well its kinda worth it. I was glad they didn't kill this update like they almost did with AO3.
Big day. CS comes out. I look at store. I resolve not to ever pay anything on this game ever again, and when new maps come out I'm quitting.
I am not the only person thinking this, mark my words. I'm betting your income will drop dramatically in the next few days.
You messed up.

RainyKai
11-09-2010, 05:19 PM
i agree with EVERYTHING THIS GUY SAYS! (faces cost me 10p lol) but im not getting ctf, and so arent many people, therefore, CTF WILL DIE, also they did promise us 3 slots! im not rich! i cant afford 40p!

Its either you waste 8 dollars for CTF @5p/1Dollar or buy 8 games @.99$ from the appstore...... mhmm

Hayabusaz
11-09-2010, 05:21 PM
I tough mirrorface would be free !!!!????

This update is an epic fail

Bludd
11-09-2010, 05:23 PM
Its either you waste 8 dollars for CTF @5p/1Dollar or buy 8 games @.99$ from the appstore...... mhmm
After looking at it this way I might quit the game perm not just stop paying.

Hayabusaz
11-09-2010, 05:24 PM
After looking at it this way I might quit the game perm not just stop paying.

Same , I'll might quit perm , not sure but I'll see :(

xera
11-09-2010, 05:26 PM
Same, I'm also thinking about quitting this game.

Ogediah
11-09-2010, 05:27 PM
I had alot of platinum from a plat pack and didnt even look at those prices... wow. I'm even more surprised, and disappointed.

Lesrider
11-09-2010, 05:29 PM
Same. I'll play when my friends are on, but if the next map is too pricy, I'll cut my losses and quit. This game has become a cash sinkhole.

And they made the bird ugly now so I feel almost forced to buy a new face. But I won't.

Varking
11-09-2010, 05:35 PM
If you guys quit, can I have your stuff?

kurl
11-09-2010, 05:36 PM
i totally agree i feel like quiting also but then i feel like iv put to work in to quit now...
ive lost all intrest in pl.. for the past month ive been playing in the haunted manor because AO3 SUCKS more that AO2 seems for us level 50s and now that it is gone nothing else to do but farm in this wack elite frost crap..so imma just quit i think..
BTW

FORUMS ARE BETTER THAN GAME!

addiekai
11-09-2010, 05:37 PM
If you guys quit, can I have your stuff?

Don't think tht's the right thing to ask now...

reddragon72
11-09-2010, 05:43 PM

yes it is :)

lighten up! You all act like the world is coming to an end, and if it is because of the changes in a game then you need to see a shrink... just like I am to cope with no android app, and now I'll have to pay overtime because the pocketlegends.com site has an android app pic that has no link.....

Varking
11-09-2010, 05:53 PM

This your first MMO? Usually on every MMO forum people feel the need to announce to everyone they are quitting, and there are usually a bunch of people joking saying "can i haz ure stufz?". Like I said though, if this is your first MMO than you likely wouldn't get it.

CanonicalKoi
11-09-2010, 06:03 PM
I look at it this way: the Magic Mirror, additional consignment store slots, and other "vanity" items amounts to a voluntary tax. Money to pay salaries to develop new content, to buy servers and to run them costs. The money has to come from somewhere. The game itself is free. The first 13 levels of your character's life cost you nothing. Yes, you do have to purchase additional maps to continue leveling, but there's no fee to play and you can play as much or as little as you like. Compare it with WoW--$30 (or so) to get the game and then $77.94 for six months of time on their server (the cheapest rate) or $155.88 a year whether you played for 10 minutes or 160 hours.

The money has to come from somewhere. Spacetime seems to have adopted the idea of letting people pay to support the system through the sale of luxuries. Faces too expensive? Don't buy them. Consignment store slots too spendy? Don't buy more--use the free one you have and sell in Forest Haven or on the Forum. Point being that you don't need the extras (except for additional maps) to play and, personally, I'd much rather pay occasionally for silly extras than get saddled with an onerous monthly bill. Got enough of those as it is. ;)

addiekai
11-09-2010, 06:04 PM
This your first MMO? Usually on every MMO forum people feel the need to announce to everyone they are quitting, and there are usually a bunch of people joking saying "can i haz ure stufz?". Like I said though, if this is your first MMO than you likely wouldn't get it.

I been playing MMOs and MMORPGs since 2002.

Started with the best of em all, most likely gonna retire soon...

CanonicalKoi
11-09-2010, 06:50 PM
Or, amortize it out--what's the cost of entertainment per hour?

WoW (assuming you could pick up the software for $25 and 6 months of time at $77.94 and 160 hours of playing time) = $0.64/hour
Book (assuming it's a hardcover at $24.95 and it takes you 5 hours to read) = $4.99/hour
Movie (assuming it's a full 2 hours long and you buy matinee tickets--$6.75 here) = $3.38 hour
PL (assuming you spent $50 on it, buying all maps and some other stuff and 160 hours of playing time) = $0.31/hour

xera
11-09-2010, 07:46 PM
Or, amortize it out--what's the cost of entertainment per hour?

WoW (assuming you could pick up the software for $25 and 6 months of time at $77.94 and 160 hours of playing time) = $0.64/hour
Book (assuming it's a hardcover at $24.95 and it takes you 5 hours to read) = $4.99/hour
Movie (assuming it's a full 2 hours long and you buy matinee tickets--$6.75 here) = $3.38 hour
PL (assuming you spent $50 on it, buying all maps and some other stuff and 160 hours of playing time) = $0.31/hour

Ok now please amortize it out again
and calculate the cost of entertainment per hour for pocket legends VS OTHER app store games.

gwippy
11-09-2010, 07:53 PM
cartoon wars two $0.99 roughly took me 2 days to finish at 8 hours a dayish don't ask why i had to finish this game 0.99/16 = $0.0625/hour

Pharcyde
11-09-2010, 09:54 PM
Guys Pocket Legends is expanding rapidly. They need to come up with the cash somehow. Believe it or not they are not getting filthy rich off of this they are just making enough to pay for the company and THEN paychecks. Not paychecks and THEN company. This isnt Goldman Sach's now.

I do agree though if they are going to charge so much for content then they need to spice it up to keep players interested.

Right now its a loose loose for them. This update is making alot of players stop playing/buying platinum. Now Pocket Legends needs to make that cash elsewhere, GUESS WERE: More expensive game updates. So unless they change something now they will sprawl into a cycle of loosing more players and blasting loyal players with the sloppy makeup prices.

LoonnooL
11-09-2010, 10:20 PM
Don't compare it with WOW.

if you really want to compare with WOW, i'll say WOW is surely worth that price with the entertainment it provides. So what if you have to pay a constant amount of money to play a game monthly? Its better off playing free mmorpg but with additional benefits for those who throw in money just to get "godly".

The maps/campaigns are worth the plat (to some extend) because it's sort of like an expansion to the game. Though that expansion last a mere 2~5 days with hardly any story line and attractive quest.

There are things which should cost plat and which should not. Take for example avatar customization - designing a SINGLE page of your character WITH LIMITATION on what you can design and the designs available. Another would be PVP maps (CTF), happy playing CTF with the people you have played with/against over and over again because theres quite a number of people who won't buy that just to PVP.

with this update, STS will most likely lose quite a big portion of its players and only hold on to a small number of it's die hard fans who will continue to buy plat. Not to mention the new players will all be frighten away when they see the plat shop for the first time.

Justg
11-09-2010, 11:21 PM
I am going to start to consolidate these feedback threads into the official one we monitor. We realize there are a lot of strong feelings out there about the new prices. Nothing is required to level, all of these are luxury items. That being said, we are still watching and listening.

Thank you for your non-dramatic feedback about 1.5 in this thread, it helps us evaluate things: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?12137-Client-Update-1.5-is-Live!&p=119123#post119123