PDA

View Full Version : Endgame Pally Skill Build

Sheugokin
10-28-2013, 03:30 PM
I have a question guys, is level 7 heal for pallies better than 9? Those two skill points are extremely viable if level 7 is better than 9. Also, the other spells I have a strong grip on what to use. Just not sure about two more: Weakness and Nightmare. I currently have 9 skill points allotted in Nightmare to kill pallies and birds faster, and with the two extra skill points, I will have 11. What is a good way to distribute. Also if this helps at all, I 157 str, 158 int, and 70 dex.

Multibird
10-28-2013, 03:39 PM
7 lightning works well and heal also 9

SayCreed
10-28-2013, 03:40 PM
Isn't 7 heal same as 9
If it is I'd do 7 heal

When I mean same I mean it heals the same amount

Sheugokin
10-28-2013, 04:05 PM
I think someone stated that it gives +7 on the lower end and -20 on the higher end. Feel free to correct me. Does anyone have the stats for level 7,9 lightning ad heal? And keep those opinions coming please. Wanna hear the different viewpoints.

Trenton
10-28-2013, 04:15 PM
Heal got better after a patch.
Here's a pic from rank 7-8 http://i1367.photobucket.com/albums/r784/Iglaciate/Screenshot_2013-10-26-22-50-50_zpsffbbe246.png
Then 8-9 http://i1367.photobucket.com/albums/r784/Iglaciate/Screenshot_2013-10-26-22-50-56_zpsdc97c595.png Here is heal from 7-8 and 8-9, credit goes to Deathofan of course :)

Sheugokin
10-28-2013, 04:21 PM
Wow, that sucks, same thing for pallies? (I am pretty sure that heal doesn't discriminate) What about lightning?

And guys how about the debuffs? Have 11 available. Thanks :)!

Deathofan
10-28-2013, 06:01 PM
From rank 7-9 it goes +20 on the lower end and -7 on higher end, which means you now have a guaranteed +20 heal. If you're a ctf player and you heal your teamates quite often you will see rank 9 more usefull than 7, of course it's not a huge noticeable effect, but i can say +20 guaranteed heal is better than running the rare odds of hitting max heal and only benefiting from 7 heal.

As for your pally build, im pretty sure your healing ratio is smaller or less affected on ranks 7-9 since mine was pure int, so you should be good on 7. As for debuffs, max out nightmare and put the extra 2 points on icestorm, that should bring your freezing time from 2secs to 4secs and that helps either to hit birds with the savage auto or to run away from an enemy.

dudetus
10-28-2013, 06:04 PM
The word "skill" must be a typo, right?

Caiahar
10-28-2013, 06:07 PM
The word "skill" must be a typo, right?
Yes.
It was originally meant to be ski.

Sheugokin
10-28-2013, 06:48 PM
^ LoL!
Hey guys, how about adding the 2 extra points to weakness?

birdmasta
10-28-2013, 07:44 PM
9 all buffs, 9 all debuffs, 9 lightning, 9 fire, 1 revive, 7 heal, 9 drain, 1 ms, 1 icestorm, 2 frostbite. Considering ur a pally, I don't think u should kite (not exactly sure. Haven't played endgame yet. Based off of my pally twinks) get close. Buffs, revive, drain, ice storm, nightmare FIRST, weakness, lightning, fire (heal when needed) after first nuke, stay close to opponent and ALWAYSSSSS debuffs when u can. Play like a bear ;) mana shield when needed to (you'll figure this out Urself once u get the hang of timing mana shield) for questions pm my Mage, Fear, or rhino, mercurially :D GL destroying ;););)

TEOKILLO
10-28-2013, 08:51 PM
Lol no pally uses ms anymoar

birdmasta
10-29-2013, 01:35 AM
Really? That's weird... Y not?

Lol no pally uses ms anymoar

johnny6880
10-29-2013, 01:59 PM
Hows that skill set for pally its what i use now

Trenton
10-29-2013, 03:37 PM
Hows that skill set for pally its what i use now Change the 2 frost to 1 frost, and change the 3 ice to 2 ice, and add those to points to make 9 Lightning.

Sheugokin
10-29-2013, 05:33 PM
Woah. guys that build is so different than what I have. I have 9 on frost, heal, light, buffs, nightmare, drain and fire. I have one on icestorm, mana shield, and rev. What is the pluses of using icestorm level 2 and ice 1? Just curious and thanks guys for replying! :)

Trenton
10-29-2013, 05:46 PM
frost 1 is just for combo/dmg/freezing, 2 ice (aoe 6/8m) is for just being able to freeze them to run/heal, and I believe 2 frost (12m) is just for an extra second of being frozen

Sheugokin
10-29-2013, 05:49 PM
Oh ok. I guess I have to relearn my range for frostbite, I think that 9 frostbite has 12m range. It's k and thanks for the feedback! Any other suggestions?

Trenton
10-29-2013, 06:38 PM
Is frostbite the very first skill you get? If so, I believe at rank 1 it is 12m lol

Sheugok
10-29-2013, 07:44 PM
Oh ok thanks so much!

Waug
10-30-2013, 07:08 AM
Yes.
It was originally meant to be ski.

Nope, I used to de-codify those classy words, here I go again specilly since I was about to post something like that -

oops, this much introduction was not necessary anyways -

Op-ness building, that's what endgame pally is all about, not "skill" build. so the word skill was a typo, got it? Ik IK the orogial poster is not gonna recognise it. so shhhhh

Sheugokin
10-30-2013, 06:15 PM
Off my thread please. BTW, I think he was tryna be funny.

TEOKILLO
10-30-2013, 06:26 PM
But waugie is funnie:(

Sheugokin
10-30-2013, 06:30 PM
In your opinion, he might, but in mine, he can be annoying sometimes. More times than not, he posts nonconstructive posts. Sorry Waug, but it is true. I have read some of your posts, and most of the posts are rants about str gear and your hypocritical hypocrisy.

Caiahar
10-30-2013, 06:49 PM
Wait..at endgame people have high mana regen.. with endgame sets...
And even thought they have lower mana pool, shouldn't they have at least 1 ms?

Waug
10-31-2013, 04:30 AM
Wait..at endgame people have high mana regen.. with endgame sets...
And even thought they have lower mana pool, shouldn't they have at least 1 ms?

you got it bit wrongly, all the pallies have it but most of the time they don't get to the circumstances to use it being this much op, hence ppls see it less, thinking they don't have it. as all the pallies need to use ms at very early stages against me, ik all pallies have it.

Waug
10-31-2013, 05:12 AM
In your opinion, he might, but in mine, he can be annoying sometimes. More times than not, he posts nonconstructive posts. Sorry Waug, but it is true. I have read some of your posts, and most of the posts are rants about str gear and your hypocritical hypocrisy.

I also sometime noticed the creature named waug can be very irritating.

anyway u did not read the first 1000 post outta 1061, you would know 80% of em are about game mechanics, cuz ya I love to talk about game mechanics but as currently game mechnics gone to eat some grass, I don't have much to say.

Again, though I'm poor at english, I think you should know the clear cut difference between constructive criticism/feed back about something being op in game and rant about str set is op.

WhoIsThis
11-09-2013, 05:38 PM
I have a question guys, is level 7 heal for pallies better than 9? Those two skill points are extremely viable if level 7 is better than 9. Also, the other spells I have a strong grip on what to use. Just not sure about two more: Weakness and Nightmare. I currently have 9 skill points allotted in Nightmare to kill pallies and birds faster, and with the two extra skill points, I will have 11. What is a good way to distribute. Also if this helps at all, I 157 str, 158 int, and 70 dex.

For PvP, I recommend max-ing out heal, all buffs, and debuffs.

For pally, what I would do is to get the minimum of str needed to wear the str set, then put all of the rest into int for maximum base skill damage. Heal by the way, is mainly based on a function of how much int you have.

All skill damage is heavily influenced by int, but weapons damage is also affected by base damage as well. Heal is unique in this regard. It's purely a function of it's rank and the amount of int that you have.

Edit:
What is your current distribution of skills?

Sheugokin
11-09-2013, 05:50 PM
@WhoIsThis- I did not max out heal b/c of the aforementioned posts, but I did max debuffs and buffs. However, I do not totally agree with you on the allocation of attribute points. I only have a dragon ring (it will play in) Yes, a successful pally might want to put as little STR points as possible, but not all should be left in the INT because of the low hit percentage. Therefore, for those who are only using a dragon ring should put 157 in str, majority of the leftover in int, and some in dex. That way, the dex attribution will raise the total hit %. For those who are using 2-piece or 3-piece should follow WhoIsThis allocation of 157 str and rest in int because with those two rings, hit % are above 100% which is the ideal number if not more.

In terms of faces, if you are pally, a popular choice is the Dark Elf to add 2% to hit %. Hit percentages are vital for str-based characters because of the possible debuffs from the opponents. With debuffs, a str character can barely hit because hit percentages can lower significantly.

Hope this helps!

WhoIsThis
11-09-2013, 06:16 PM
What's your hit percentage?

I was under the impression that str did not give hit%, only hp.

As a level 74 pure int right now, I have 140% hit in 71 gear, although that is partly due to the fact that int gear carries hit % (5% per piece); will test again when I am at 76 with full crafted int set. If you want hit %, the best thing to do would be to spec dex, which also gives better crit, dodge, and weapons damage. But specing dex has it's own costs. Less skill damage.

I can see your point though. Blinding shot is currently a potent debuff and cannot be healed through (something I have recommended be changed).

Sheugokin
11-09-2013, 06:38 PM
Currently, it is 99%
Yes, Str does not give hit %, this is what I agree with you to put as little str as possible. And yeah, Dex is extremely effective in DM because one on one is critical when the opponent is constantly hit by the weapon and crit, but CTF, dex pallies are not as viable because many skills from pallies are AOE (Mage AOEs are scaled). Therefore, you want int to try to get as much damage from the AOE. At the same time, you want as much dex as possible to get hit %.

WhoIsThis
11-09-2013, 06:54 PM
In that case I'd go, the bare minimum of str needed to wear the str gear, the bear minimum of dex to 100, and the rest in int.

Only weakness is if a hit debuff lands on you, you'll be in trouble.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

Sheugokin
11-09-2013, 07:02 PM
Not exactly. Dex at 100 is a little much but it is bearable. I would say max 100 dex and rest in int. Just my opinion

Actually, if you know the timing of the opponent's moves, you can anticipate when to use heal. You need to time it perfectly. If you heal correctly, some debuffs can come off (HS, weakness, nightmare, and I think the roots, etc). However, as WhoIsThis pointed out, the debuff from blinding shot cannot be healed. In a Pally v Pally game, dodge and experience play the greatest roles in winning. When to heal, ice, re-ice with icestorm/frostbite, combo, debuff, and drain. Every spell in a mage's perspective has a crucial role.

WhoIsThis
11-09-2013, 08:51 PM
I mean 100% hit - enough dex to 100% hit.

Yes - I'm very much into heal timing. The big issue I have right now though is with very high dodge. I'd rather have very high armor and low dodge (damage is more consistent for easier healing).

Points-wise, not all skills are critical. Mana shield is only worth 1 point, even though shield timing is crucial in PvP. As is revive. Those skills need a buff imo - something to make them worth putting points into.

For your reference:

Adding strength (str emphasizes survivability, at the expense of damage)
- Each str point gives you 0.02 dmg per hit, so you need 50 points of str for 1 extra dmg
- Each str point gives you 0.03 crit, so you need 33.33 (recurring number) points of str for 1% extra crit
- Each str point gives you 0.025 dodge, you you need 40 points of str for 1% more dodge
- Each str point gives you 0.02 H/S, so you need 50 points of str for 1 H/S more
- Each str point gives you 0.05 armor, so you need 20 points of str for 1 armour more (this one is unverified)
- Str points also increase your hp reserves. Every 2 points of str increases your hp by 1, rounded down.

Adding dex (dex emphasizes maximum weapons damage at the expense of survivability and mana)
- Each dex point gives you 0.15 dmg per hit, so you need 6.67 points of dex for 1 extra dmg
- Each dex point gets you 0.167% hit, so you need 6 dex for 1% more hit
- Each dex point gets you 0.032 crit, so you need 31.25 points of dex for 1% more crit
- Each dex point gets you 0.0125 dodge, so you need 80 points of dex for 1% extra dodge
- Each dex point gives you 0.01 H/S, so you need 100 points of dex for 1 H/S more
- Each dex point gives you 0.025 armor, so you need 40 points of dex for 1 armour more

Adding int (int is like a compromise between everything)
- Each int point gives you 0.08 dmg per hit, so you need 12.5 points of int for 1 extra dmg
- Each int point gets you 0.1% hit, so you need 10 int for 1% more hit
- Each int point gets you 0.02 crit, so you need 50 points of int for 1% more crit
- Each int point gets you 0.005 dodge, so you need 200 points of int for 1% extra dodge
- Each int point gets you 0.005 h/s, so you need 200 points of int for 1 h/s more
- Each int point gets you 0.02 m/s, so you need 50 points of int for 1 m/s more
- This one is not yet confirmed, but every 2 points of int increases your mana reserve by about 1 (the game seems to have some oddities with rounding)

Reunegade
11-09-2013, 08:59 PM
Maybe a longer shield the more points you put into shield? However, higher mana cost to prevent pallies from becoming too overpowered. And revive, maybe longer range? I think that is good b/c many people don't get up because of rev, and it's because the caster was too far.

Caiahar
11-17-2013, 10:50 PM
Maybe a longer shield the more points you put into shield? However, higher mana cost to prevent pallies from becoming too overpowered. And revive, maybe longer range? I think that is good b/c many people don't get up because of rev, and it's because the caster was too far.

I'm against revive suggestion. If currently at level 1, a mages rev is 12m, even if it only went 1 up each rank, it would be OP. Rev should stay as it is for range.
If it was implemented like that, then:
L1: 12m
L2: 13m
L3: 14m
L4: 15m
L5: 16m
L6: 17m
L7: 18m
L8: 19m
L9: 20m.....
I'm trying to imagine a pally with 9 rev reviving players from across the Map xD

All for one, and one for all.