PDA

View Full Version : What did they add with the new update that is required to advance in the game?

Varking
11-09-2010, 06:07 PM
Consignment shop? They give you one slot for free and for the rest you can continue to use the Trade forum here.

Faces? They are cosmetic and most times people won't even be looking at your character long enough to even notice it.

You can now change what color your avatar page is and all that but there is a fee? Does this impact how you play the game? Can't kill a certain mob unless your portrait is a blue background and the scroll?

These things have nothing to do with how you actually play the game. If you don't pay anything you aren't affected at all. It is basically just an extra way to say thanks for all the hard work and listening to some of our feedback.

What other complaints are there? Oh yeah, nerfing the rush!

I am just confused and baffled by the complaints about nerfing the rush. Yeah, the prices will go up for a while but who cares? I am sure Spacetime didn't create the "trash" mobs just so you could run by them all the time and just go for the bosses, that would have been a waste. It seems like they are now fixing something that was sort of broken and is now how it was intended.

Just wanted to point out what a big deal is being made about things you don't even need to have. It wasn't a new map or new armor, relax.

addiekai
11-09-2010, 06:08 PM
Good point here.

As for me, unlocking the maps would be where I'm spendingmy plat on.

Snakespeare
11-09-2010, 06:10 PM
Consignment shop? They give you one slot for free and for the rest you can continue to use the Trade forum here.

Faces? They are cosmetic and most times people won't even be looking at your character long enough to even notice it.

You can now change what color your avatar page is and all that but there is a fee? Does this impact how you play the game? Can't kill a certain mob unless your portrait is a blue background and the scroll?

These things have nothing to do with how you actually play the game. If you don't pay anything you aren't affected at all. It is basically just an extra way to say thanks for all the hard work and listening to some of our feedback.

What other complaints are there? Oh yeah, nerfing the rush!

I am just confused and baffled by the complaints about nerfing the rush. Yeah, the prices will go up for a while but who cares? I am sure Spacetime didn't create the "trash" mobs just so you could run by them all the time and just go for the bosses, that would have been a waste. It seems like they are now fixing something that was sort of broken and is now how it was intended.

Just wanted to point out what a big deal is being made about things you don't even need to have. It wasn't a new map or new armor, relax.

Quoted for the truth of it!

Superzarop
11-09-2010, 06:12 PM
Yep, most truthful post ive seen in ages. I would give 4.5 for the patch as CTF costs a bit too much... Not too much for how cool it is, but too mich for my amount of plats right now. :(

Bludd
11-09-2010, 06:12 PM
The uproar is because noone beleived that it was possible to dissapoint us with an Aution House, changing faces, and a customizable interface.
Apparently it is possible.
What about the next update? This is just the beginning.
That's why people are mad.

Lesrider
11-09-2010, 06:13 PM
They could have given us a head's up about nerfing the rush. Just saying. I would not have been so eager to sell all my stuff if I had known this was coming. A warning would have been fair.

Lesrider
11-09-2010, 06:15 PM
The uproar is because noone beleived that it was possible to dissapoint us with an Aution House, changing faces, and a customizable interface.

Exactly. This just shows how much they think their game is worth. The next map is definitely going to be a lot more expensive. And each time a new one comes out, you hVe to pay, or the game is worthless.

Varking
They could have given us a head's up about nerfing the rush. Just saying. I would not have been so eager to sell all my stuff if I had known this was coming. A warning would have been fair.

That hurts newer players even more than nerfing the rush. All the high level players would have farmed like crazy and held onto everything, not only putting new players at a disadvantage when it comes to farming, but also making it cost more gold to get said items. They did the right thing.

Ogediah
The point is that they mislead everyone.

Varking
11-09-2010, 06:16 PM

The question was what did they add in this one that truly affects gameplay. You are worrying about down the road and it seems you are taking out your anger/worriedness out on them now even though they did nothing to negatively impact the game now.

Superzarop
11-09-2010, 06:17 PM
U misslead yourself

Varking
11-09-2010, 06:18 PM

So they didn't add anything you HAVE to pay for?

addiekai
11-09-2010, 06:18 PM

I guess it was their mistake for not giving a heads up for this. But let's not be hasty and judge them.

I'm sure they would be able to come out with a logical explanation for everything, as well as a solution for all this.

Let's just hold on tight, and don't let all these affect this community.

We are better than this people.

Lesrider
11-09-2010, 06:24 PM
That hurts newer players even more than nerfing the rush. All the high level players would have farmed like crazy and held onto everything, not only putting new players at a disadvantage when it comes to farming, but also making it cost more gold to get said items. They did the right thing.

New players, IMO, don't need to worry about equipment. I didn't buy a single piece of equipment until ao3 came out. I did trade a couple of ao2 items but that was it. I played, I got loot, I swapped for the best loot I found. Occasionally a nice person I was playing with would just gift me a decent purple that was better than what I was using. I never asked for items, I never hung out in the town until ao3 came out. B/c for ao3 you need good equipment, you need lots of pots, and you need to be able to support all that with cash. So this really does not effect new players. It won't effect them for some time. It does effect those of us who have been playing ao3, practicing and mastering the bosses, but did not get a chance to loot as much as the gazillionaires. And the gazillionaires will now get even more rich. I sold my Gurgox hammers for 70k just so I wouldn't have to give them away for free when the new shop came out. Now with the rush gone, they'd have been worn much more. And I also would have bought a Wraith before the update if I knew this was happening. Just so not cool surprisin us with this.

Snakespeare
11-09-2010, 06:25 PM
They did give a heads up about nerfing the rush. I saw it. I was expecting it. I am singing the Hallelujah Chorus!!!

It happened the morning after the Halloween Haunted Manor was released. The previous evening Cinco went in to enjoy his work, and what did he find? EVERY SINGLE INSTANCE was a rush!!! Nobody was actually playing. Everybody wanted a pink for no effort whatsoever. What kind of game is that? A game of acqisitiveness?

As I understood it, the devs were deeply offended. Here we had petitioned them to make a cool Halloweeen Manor and costumes and all that, but it was corrupted by greed.

So the next day, Cinco nerfed it. He re-released it with multi-tiered levels. It turned out to be easy. People could clear the first level in about 5 minutes, with teamwork. Now people were playing.

That is when the heads up was sent out. "We are watching Haunted Manor very closely" one dev said, "and if it is successful, we will expand it to the entire game." Another dev said, "I have a plan to nerf the rush."

I know that most of the anti-rushers, myself included, wanted it to be done the way they did, not the multi-tiered way. I am so glad!

Amen! Hallelujah! You rock, devs!!!

Lesrider
11-09-2010, 06:28 PM
A couple of lines mixed in to other posts is not a warning. It should have been in the post about the new 1.5 update.

Superzarop
11-09-2010, 06:31 PM
I was all for the rush before, but this updates really gets me on the anti rushers side.

Ogediah
11-09-2010, 06:36 PM
I agree that there are some over reactions, and I have been a part of the community long enough to know that this will probably all get smoothed out. This happens almost every time a new update gets put out. Frankly, I don't care about the money. I care about the concept. They layed out specifics before release, and didn't meet them. Then they asked ridiculous prices for all of it (including somethings they mislead us about). I dont have hostility towards the developers, I just want to see it fixed.

addiekai
11-09-2010, 06:51 PM
I agree that there are some over reactions, and I have been a part of the community long enough to know that this will probably all get smoothed out. This happens almost every time a new update gets put out. Frankly, I don't care about the money. I care about the concept. They layed out specifics before release, and didn't meet them. Then they asked ridiculous prices for all of it (including somethings they mislead us about). I dont have hostility towards the developers, I just want to see it fixed.

Thinks like this happen. And everything that people do can't please anyone.

Let's give them time to work this out.

After a week, people would have forgotten about this already.

Justg
11-09-2010, 07:01 PM

You are correct that we laid out specifics, when it was IN DEVELOPMENT. We also went back and informed you that we were going to adjust the pricing (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?10692-Upcoming-System-quot-Consignment-Shoppe!-quot/page7), while it was still IN DEVELOPMENT.

We never misled you. Whether or not the prices are in line with your expectations is still in question. Nothing is required to level, all of these are luxury items. That being said, we are still watching and listening. Thank you for your non-dramatic feedback in this thread (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?12137-Client-Update-1.5-is-Live!), it helps us evaluate things.

Varking
11-09-2010, 08:56 PM
Just sucks to see so many people who claim they love this game give up and threaten to quit or never play again over 1 update that doesn't actually affect anything that actually happens out there on the battlefield.

Azrael
11-09-2010, 09:13 PM
Just sucks to see so many people who claim they love this game give up and threaten to quit or never play again over 1 update that doesn't actually affect anything that actually happens out there on the battlefield.

Well the nerfing of the rush certainly affects the battlefield even though its a good thing.

People get annoyed because every update has either fallen short or disapointed players for month.
The stat based skill revamp is a perfect example of a near meaningless update compared to what needs to be improved in the game. And the developers have continued to focus their energies on meaningless aesthetic additions that cost money. Spacetime has a business model and the development ball is in their court, but its obvious why dedicated players are upset or sad by the last few months of development, and they have every righy to express that constructively...

Post from iphone

Edit: the UI changes are good, that counts as real development... so kudos for that.

Snakespeare
11-09-2010, 11:26 PM
I just want to say that I love this update. Epic Win!

Justg
11-09-2010, 11:28 PM
I am going to start to consolidate these feedback threads into the official one we monitor. We realize there are a lot of strong feelings out there about the new prices. Nothing is required to level, all of these are luxury items. That being said, we are still watching and listening.

Thank you for your non-dramatic feedback about 1.5 in this thread, it helps us evaluate things: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?12137-Client-Update-1.5-is-Live!&p=119123#post119123