PDA

View Full Version : How to farm Nuri

Michael Liu
10-28-2013, 08:24 PM
Hey guys,
This is my first "guide" in the forums, so plz take it easy if it doesn't meet your (high) expectations.

Farming: There are a couple kinda decent places to farm.

I recommend the funhouse or the plat dungeon. In order to go into the funhouse, you need to be at least LVL 53 and done all the quests for Nuri. It's a map with all the bosses from Nuri, but the drop rates are pretty low. If you want to farm here, it drops all drops from regular Nuri's bosses. The drops are scaled, so if you want LVL 56, bring a 53-57 character. Since the drop rates are low, I recommend a BIG LUCK vanity (if you have one) or an elixer that boosts luck. (100% is usually best unless you are farming steels). I believe that in the funhouse, Panto the Mime drops helms, Gustav drops armor, Snake charmer drops 1H, and Nuri drops 2H.

In the plat dungeon, (3 plats per run) the drop rates are much higher, and pres and merrymaker drops. It's possible to run this without an elixer, especially because of the (I'm new to the forums, I don't know color codes) (orange) Glyphic Blade Steel (worth 300-400k). If you buy a luck elixer, this will not drop for you since it's orange. Also, I think you have to be LVL 60+ to get steels (I'm not sure on this one.) You should also get a good team before you farm here; I seem to have more luck with a team. IMO the plat dungeon is a MUCH MUCH better place to farm.

ALSO: IF I WERE YOU I wouldn't farm LVL 58; it's pretty hard to sell.

So there you have it. Comments, suggestions, additions. POST THEM BELOW.

Edit: According to some people, *cough cough*, the glyphic blade steel is available to all players. We will never know.

Boss strategies: Panto, after a while, sings at you. You are completely immobilized and Panto & company will continue to attack you. My suggestion is to keep relatively full on health so you don't die.
Gustav, if you are slow, drops weights that are incredibly damaging and have Ao3 effect. You should avoid the black holes that you see on the ground immediately before they drop, but there isn't much you can do.
Alessandro/Lion: The lion has an annoying knockback effect. Kill him first. You can see if this is about to happen by observing the yellow cloud around him, the brighter the cloud the closer the knockback is.
Snake Charmer: Has two screams. If you are hit by the first one, the second one, (a few seconds later) will instantly one-hit you. If you are hit by the first one, HIDE BEHIND THE PILLAR! Also, the first scream slows you down, so fight from close to a pillar.
Nuri: Just kill it.

THX guys, more comments, suggestions, concerns?

NECROREAPER
10-28-2013, 09:37 PM
Good start, but before publishing a guide you should be sure that all the info on itis accurate otherwise your guide loses its validity.

Suentous PO
10-28-2013, 10:02 PM
I think you have to be LVL 60+ to get steels (I'm not sure on this one.)

Thankfully, no there is no lv requirement on the steels, and your right that they're orange rarity.

Being that this is to farm, maybe add boss tactics. Most know but there are a some tricks in surviving a couple of them. Also the trick of buying the 2x combo and removing the luck, is a way to farm oranges.
Just some ideas.

angeldawn
10-29-2013, 01:28 AM
So there you have it. Comments, suggestions, additions. POST THEM BELOW.

Hera are some things you might want to add and some corrections/comments.

Maybe add what items drop in which maps? Armor in Lion? Helms in Symphony. Maces from Boggy? Staffs from Nuri? Shields from House?

Maybe add that mini bosses can also drop crafting items.

Yes, crafting drops are scaled. Meaning a lower lvl (56) can't loot crafting items, including steel.

I also agree with the other poster, you should add killing boss techniques.

Corrections/comments

You may actually need combo elixir to run plat map because STS still hasn't fixed the lock on the map (what's it been? A year since the first post) and some ppl won't wait for you when they kill a boss so it can be a waste of plat. You need the combo elixir for the speed.

If you buy an elixir (or get a blessing) that contains luck (trashed or dumpster) You can still get crafting items including steel. Your chances just lesson.

You might want to check on the drop tables on fun house. Some of the free boss maps do not drop all the items that the normal bosses drop. I know before the plat map was implemented, I saw almost every item drop there. But STS may have changed that once the Plat map was created (I think they call plat maps turnstyles)

If I think of anything else, I'll post :)

Suentous PO
10-29-2013, 08:46 AM
Yes, crafting drops are scaled. Meaning a lower lvl (56) can't loot crafting items, including steel.

In the item description for steel, it says level one. That is the only requirement listed, so a 56 could.

angeldawn
10-29-2013, 08:50 AM
In the item description for steel, it says level one. That is the only requirement listed, so a 56 could.

Not completely true. It does say lvl 1. But it doesn't drop. I don't know what the coding is behind the scenes but have you tried it?i have tested this for days. It won't drop for a 56 and is pretty well known around the community. I think there are even other posts about it. I'm pretty sure it is only dropped for 60+

dudetus
10-29-2013, 08:53 AM
In my opinion vampires are scary.

Suentous PO
10-29-2013, 09:04 AM
Not completely true. It does say lvl 1. But it doesn't drop. I don't know what the coding is behind the scenes but have you tried it?i have tested this for days. It won't drop for a 56 and is pretty well known around the community. I think there are even other posts about it. I'm pretty sure it is only dropped for 60+

I only know what the requirements for looting it says, honestly I don't believe there is any more to it than that. I'm calling rumor on that one, no offense.

angeldawn
10-29-2013, 09:07 AM
I only know what the requirements for looting it says, honestly I don't believe there is any more to it than that. I'm calling rumor on that one, no offense.

Before you call something a rumor. Why not test it?

Suentous PO
10-29-2013, 09:26 AM
Before you call something a rumor. Why not test it?
I think no one does because taking a 56 through the turnstile is less efficient, so less do equating to seemingly none dropping to 56.
The only reason I won't is because I'm not spending money on this game until it's gets some serious dev attention, so I'll have to do some free plat offers. The drop rates in the free maps seem way worse than the turnstile.
Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence, as they say.
Again don't mean to sound argumentative, it sounds like the "don't kill witch for better drops" bunk.

angeldawn
10-29-2013, 09:40 AM
I think no one does because taking a 56 through the turnstile is less efficient, so less do equating to seemingly none dropping to 56.
The only reason I won't is because I'm not spending money on this game until it's gets some serious dev attention, so I'll have to do some free plat offers. The drop rates in the free maps seem way worse than the turnstile.
Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence, as they say.
Again don't mean to sound argumentative, it sounds like the "don't kill witch for better drops" bunk.

As i said earlier, I have tested this for days on my 56 and so have many, many others. You are mistaken. There are many 56 that run plat map. This is where 56 sets, merry and pres are farmed. I see 56s soloing it and also running in teams. Saying you don't think no one does shows you need to run it more and experience it.

I'm not trying to argue either. I'm just having a convo with you.

Until it is proven to be otherwise, my experience (5,000 plat+ spent in that map experience) and many many many others experience is steel doesn't drop for 56.

Thanks for the convo :)

Suentous PO
10-29-2013, 10:10 AM
I won't go so far as to believe you're wrong and have had bad luck, anymore than believe STG is incapable of a typo (lol) in the requirements we can know. I'll stay open to either possibility due to lack of provability.
Your vast experience is the only reason I'm willing to say I could be wrong. I can think of maybe 3 people who play this game as much as me, you are one of em.
Cheers

angeldawn
10-29-2013, 10:45 AM
I believe the lvl requirement is lvl 1 because any lvl can use the item (meaning crafting it)

I stash crafting components on a stash toon (lvl 4 I think) then I craft them into fibers and whatnot.

I completely understand your reasoning but there's something hinky in the code we don't see.

IGN Storm
10-29-2013, 10:10 PM
GBS only drop for 60+ characters. The End

Suentous PO
10-30-2013, 01:16 AM
GBS only drop for 60+ characters. The End

Maybe make a thread in the bugs section that either the text in the description has the wrong lev, or that the coding is bugged?

angeldawn
10-30-2013, 08:50 AM
Maybe make a thread in the bugs section that either the text in the description has the wrong lev, or that the coding is bugged?

It might not be a bug, since it is use to create lvl 60 crafted gear. It kinda makes sense.

Chopper
10-30-2013, 10:19 AM
Other tips

- when you fight the shadow creatures protecting Nuri, they have a strong knock back attack as well. It's usually better to run in front of them before you activate AUTO, so when the knock back happens, at least you will be pushed in the right direction and not too far behind the rest of the party;

- The Strongman- the cross-section where he stands when you enter the room appears to be the safest place to stand to avoid the falling weights from the sky. If you have enough armour to stand and fight, the tile cross section in front of his throne/display is a good place to stick around.

- The mirrors can lower Nuri's shield. You can have one player each from the party to monitor the mirror closest to them and activate it when it turns green.

- use your jump forward skills to bypass spike holes on the ground, since they can actually kill you if the timing is right.

- Serpent - the first strike appears to lower your armour or make you vulnerable to the second strike. I've heard if you can avoid the first one, the attack that follows wont one-hit kill you. But always better to be safe and hide behind a pillar anyway.

angeldawn
10-30-2013, 11:42 AM
Chopper great tips!!

Yes, if you miss Snakes white ring. The second won't kill you. :)

Suentous PO
10-30-2013, 01:15 PM
It might not be a bug, since it is use to create lvl 60

That's what I'm curious about now, if it is a bug, because it also kinda doesn't make sense to my (admittedly possibly insane) logic. As in a lv one can easily loot lv 15 recipes.
I pm'ed and asked, maybe ill hear back.

Xyzther
10-30-2013, 04:30 PM
It might not be a bug, since it is use to create lvl 60 crafted gear. It kinda makes sense.

Yep, just like how crafting recipes and natural red diamonds for BSM only drop if you are level 75+

Suentous PO
10-30-2013, 06:07 PM
Yep, just like how crafting recipes and natural red diamonds for BSM only drop if you are level 75+
Ok if so low level maps are the exception to that rule and the requirement text for a lot of crafting material is incorrect.

dudetus
10-30-2013, 06:11 PM
Lets all agree to disagree :)

Suentous PO
10-30-2013, 06:40 PM
Lets all agree to disagree :)

Now that there's no argument, you say this?!?
I must disagree with you then;
We should all not dont do something apart!!!

angeldawn
10-30-2013, 11:53 PM
Ok if so low level maps are the exception to that rule and the requirement text for a lot of crafting material is incorrect.

Requirement lvls for use is different that drops lvls.

dudetus
10-31-2013, 05:26 AM
Now that there's no argument, you say this?!?
I must disagree with you then;
We should all not dont do something apart!!!

I must disagree with u!

There are always arguments! Always differences to be solved! Now go forth and spread my message!

Xyzther
10-31-2013, 07:21 AM

I believe at the time Nuri's Hallows was released, any level could loot crafting materials but since the plat dungeon update crafting materials only drop to 60+ as angel said she has spent 5k+ plat on the dungeon and never seen a crafting material drop for a 56. I believe it having done 217 runs where 3/4 were with her and no 56 has looted any crafting materials...