PDA

View Full Version : the "fake full" and other party lies

Fusionstrike
10-29-2013, 01:41 PM
Ok, I just had to get this off my chest. I don't expect it to change anything, but I can't keep it bottled up anymore.

I hate it when I join a party and people tell me it's full when it's clearly a lie. "Full" started off meaning that the game is a remake that an existing set of 5 players are intending to play together, but one of them was slow in joining and they need that slot open for him. But increasingly, people use it to chase you off for some other reason (or maybe no reason at all).

Lately I ran into the most egregious example of this lie I've experienced. I joined a red dragon slayer game on my fox. There was only one player present (the host) and nobody else joined for a few minutes, i.e. clearly waiting for a new group to form. He didn't say anything as we waited for a full party to assemble. We eventually got the right mix of players and were ready to go. Suddenly, I'm told it's "full" and they "need another mage" (even though there were already two present). There was nothing I could do, so I left. But I switched to my bird and joined the same game. I see that the group has already started the battle with only 4 and I dive in and help finish that and another few runs without any complaints that the game was "full".

So obviously "full" was a lie, but also the "need mage" was too (since they went with 2 for several runs). And on top of that, they started with only 4, meaning host would rather go with an empty slot than my fox. I mean, I guess fox isn't as good at pure damage as a bird, but I'm pretty sure it has better damage output than an empty slot.

Anyway, I just get sick of the obvious "full" lies like this I see all the time. And I figure if I'm seeing it with my various capped toons, it must be happening an awful lot more to players on the low end of the level range for a given campaign. I realize there's not really anything that could be done to fix this, but it's got to make for a lot of negative player experiences. Hopefully people who are sick of this kind of treatment will be a little more likely to let players just play instead of rushing to tell the "full" lie when someone joins.

Ok, rant done.

KahunaJake
10-29-2013, 02:39 PM
Thread closed for the following reason:

Non-Constructive posts are prohibited.
A rant is a post which is long-winded, redundant and filled with angry, non-constructive comments. A free exchange of ideas is essential to building a strong sense of community and helpful in the development of the game, but rants are disruptive and incite flaming and trolling. Please post your thoughts in a concise, clear manner and avoid going off on rambling tangents.