PDA

View Full Version : newbie questions

kamikazees
10-30-2013, 08:33 AM
hello, I have been playing about a week now. This is a great game. I am a veteran of Pocket Legends but there are a lot of differences so I have a few general questions. Help?

1. is there a way to target enemies? In Pocket Legends, you can simply tap an enemy to select it as the target. I cannot figure out how to do that here and end up simply attacking the closest enemy.

2. how do I tap on characters in town when there are lots of people standing around them? It is very difficult, for example, to find the auction because there are so many people crowded around it. turning in quests is also hard to do.

3. is it better to be in a group in a map, or not? I am not sure I can tell any difference on joining a group or not, except that I have to leave the group after I leave the map.

4. is there a way to join a game in progress or host a private game? How about booting players from maps?

5. this last question is more of a joke, but is there some kind of achievement for begging? People seem to do it all over the place. one guy even told me he was crying in real life because I would not give him 1k. seriously.

jb57542
10-30-2013, 02:53 PM
Hope this answers you're questions:

1. Targeting in AL is done by line of sight and closest there is no click targeting like in PL. Always try to have you're character facing the target u want. Sometimes u still might hit a random crate but u get use to it with some practice.

2. Run up next to the NPC u want to interact with and click the normal attack button, it should look like a hand instead of a weapon. For trying to target regular ppl in a crowd u must try and try again for them :).

3. The advantage to forming parties is you will only join with those in you're party to a map. This helps avoid the random ppl joining when u are half way through and shows up for boss kill and get you're hard earned pink drop (OK I'm over my rant). Being in a map with others does make enemies harder but also increases how much exp you earn per kill. Parties are really useful for lvl grinding in places such as watcher tombs or elite maps.

In additon u can solo a map by typing /partyi 000 in a town before entering the map. Type /party leave to go back to normal.

4. You can join the same maps as guildies, friends are party members as long as the map in t progressed to far or a party already running the map. Otherwise when u enter a map u join with random ppl. U can solo a map with my trick mentioned in #3 above.

5. There are lots of beggers in game, utilize the ignore list for the more persistent ones.

kamikazees
10-31-2013, 02:24 PM
Yes thank you so much!