PDA

View Full Version : Trade Manager Utility

DanielRH
10-30-2013, 10:22 AM
Hi All,

I found my trade threads getting very messy, and out dated, and looking pretty cruddy... So i started to develop a trade manager that would allow me easily manage the items in a clean and organized manner.

I present the trade manager:

Create as many trade lists as you like.
Create subsections within those lists (Halloween items, Sewer items etc).
Add items to the different sections quickly and easily.
Keep track of your inventory by entering in the quantity, rarity, level, and where it is located (char, stash, etc) for each item you're selling
Edit and delete items easily
And, when you're already to post your selling thread? Simply copy the code, paste it into the thread, and forget about it! You can continue the add new items, manage existing items and delete items from the utility and the thread will auto-update to reflect those changes.
Automatic color coding to match rarity in the thread.

Here is a sample of what a thread managed through this utility might look like.
http://stgtools.com/trademanager/image.php?id=19

You can signup for it here (registration/login is done through email), once you're logged in click on the Trade Manager link: www.STGTools.com/trademanager (www.STGTools.com/tradegen)

v0.2.5:
Changed sorting of items by: Level (high to low), then Rarity (high to low), then the Item Name (alphabetically)
Bug fixes

v0.2.4:
If you add an item with the same name, level, and location as another item, it will simply add +1 to the original entry. - Gets rid of duplicates.
Changed url to /trademanager instead of /tradegen.

v0.2.3:
Vanity item rarity added, and color coded.

v0.2.2:
Now orders items according to rarity first in the following order: elites, pinks, purples, greens, oranges, whites, and greys last, and by secondly by level.
Fixed bug causing single quotes to display as a weird looking box.

v0.2.1:
Changed to a much nicer font.
Improved how the items are displayed.
Added item bullets.

v0.1:
Initial Release.

Choose from many different styles of selling thread (want it PL themed? How about AL? etc). [IN DEVELOPMENT]
Reorder items within the lists.

I will begin porting all my tools, utilities, guides, etc over to STGTools.com.

Would love to know your comments and suggestions.

Thanks!

dudetus
10-30-2013, 10:28 AM
Once again, very nice job :)

MightyMicah
10-30-2013, 10:33 AM
Very impressive! (Temporarily out of thanks)

Pvpandctf
10-30-2013, 11:15 AM
Da bes!

LEVEL ONE
10-30-2013, 11:20 AM
Woah, didn't know you were still active Daniel. This tool is very useful, so thanks for that.

Also, greet Benjamin for me, will you? :D

SayCreed
10-30-2013, 11:29 AM
This guy is to smart

DanielRH
10-30-2013, 02:15 PM
Thanks guys! Also any comments or suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Woah, didn't know you were still active Daniel. This tool is very useful, so thanks for that.

Also, greet Benjamin for me, will you? :D
Quite busy, but still out and about. How did you meet benjamin? O.o

LEVEL ONE
10-30-2013, 02:47 PM
How did you meet benjamin? O.o

Whoops sorry... I meant Zmaster :rolleyes:

DanielRH
10-30-2013, 02:50 PM
Oh haha, I know who you are! How are you doing??? :) You still play that other thing?

Skeletonlord
10-30-2013, 03:06 PM
Just waiting for my welcome email with a logon link, hopefully that comes through soon! :)

Sure this will be a nice thing to use! :D

LEVEL ONE
10-30-2013, 03:16 PM
Oh haha, I know who you are! How are you doing??? :) You still play that other thing?

Nope. That other thing turned into a joke. So I am playing this and in the meantime I am beta-testing the next-thing. I always keep myself well occupied haha.

DanielRH
10-30-2013, 03:17 PM
What is the next thing?

And skeleton lord, check your spam (it may have gone there)

Cheenivie
10-30-2013, 03:33 PM
Wow this is really going to help me organize my stuff thanks!

Skeletonlord
10-30-2013, 03:55 PM
What is the next thing?

And skeleton lord, check your spam (it may have gone there)

Checked every area of my email account, no email with log on information anywhere. This is very strange. Maybe I'll try again.

Everyone'sFavMage
10-30-2013, 04:18 PM
YAY bes idea.

DanielRH
10-30-2013, 06:25 PM
Working on a nice new theme for the utility. And more organization features (such as reordering items as you like). Anyone have anything they would like to see implemented?

Checked every area of my email account, no email with log on information anywhere. This is very strange. Maybe I'll try again.
Odd, do try again. Also try a different browser (chrome or firefox?), have not tested in IE.

NECROREAPER
10-31-2013, 04:01 AM
This is the difference between some one whoʻs helpful, and a Guardian of Alterra.

Beyond excellent work as usual Daniel.

Skeletonlord
10-31-2013, 05:02 AM
Working on a nice new theme for the utility. And more organization features (such as reordering items as you like). Anyone have anything they would like to see implemented?

Odd, do try again. Also try a different browser (chrome or firefox?), have not tested in IE.

I'm using the Apple Safari iOS browser. I guess maybe it takes a while to come through.

DanielRH
10-31-2013, 05:49 AM
This is the difference between some one whoʻs helpful, and a Guardian of Alterra.

Beyond excellent work as usual Daniel.
Thank you for those incredibly kind words!

Skeleton, try Firefox or chrome or if you have it, the email should be instantaneous. PM me your email, I'll see what's wrong.

Skeletonlord
10-31-2013, 02:49 PM
Thank you for those incredibly kind words!

Skeleton, try Firefox or chrome or if you have it, the email should be instantaneous. PM me your email, I'll see what's wrong.

Hi,

The email came through, thanks! Maybe it's my internet client, because the've gone straight through for several attempts.

Cheers again Daniel!

johnny6880
10-31-2013, 05:53 PM
You have to much time on your hands lol

DocDoBig
11-01-2013, 04:23 AM
Best invention since sliced bread!
Good Job!

SayCreed
11-01-2013, 04:25 AM
This guy is......................AMAZING

SayCreed
11-10-2013, 03:37 PM
v0.2.2:
Now orders items according to rarity first in the following order: Elites, pinks, purples, greens, oranges, whites, and greys last, and by secondly by level.
Fixed bug causing single quotes to display as a weird looking box.

V0.2.1:
Changed to a much nicer font.
Improved how the items are displayed.
Added item bullets.

Will now begin working on the feature that will allow you to reorder sections within the thread.

gggggrrrrrrrt stop killing your brain

DanielRH
11-22-2013, 07:44 AM
v0.2.4:
If you add an item with the same name, level, and location as another item, it will simply add +1 to the original entry. - Gets rid of duplicates.
Changed url to /trademanager instead of /tradegen.