PDA

View Full Version : Upgrade System Initial Thoughts Feedback Thread

Samhayne
10-29-2013, 04:06 PM
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=41740&d=1379522941

New Crafting and Upgrade System Coming in November to Arcane Legends

Please keep in mind that the Crafting and Upgrade systems are currently work-in-progress. As such, things are subject to change from what is outlined below.

Arcane Legends will be turning 1 year old in November. What better way to celebrate than with two awesome new game systems: Crafting and Upgrading!

If you are looking for the Crafting Feedback Thread, that can be found here: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?122006-Crafting-Initial-Thoughts-Feedback-Thread

Upgrading:

The Upgrade System will allow you to socket one or more (depending on the quality of the item) powerful Gems into your gear.

The number of Gems any particular item will hold depends on the quality of the item:

Epic items: 1 upgrade slot
Legendary items: 2 upgrade slots
Mythic or Arcane items: 3 upgrade slots

Socketing a Gem is not a trivial task and takes time. While an item is having a Gem socketed, it is not available for use. Plan your upgrading carefully!

Putting a Gem into the first socket takes 8 hours. A second and third socket take even more time.

The amount of bonus that a Gem grants depends on the level of an item.

When a Gem finishes imbuing into a socket, it has a chance to form a superior bond with the item for an additional bonus!

The stat bonus amount is determined by the level of the item. In a level 36 item, a normally bonded Gem grants a +3 stat bonus, while a superior bonded Gem grants a +6 stat bonus.

Once you have a Gem socketed into an item, you can replace that gem with a new one and have a chance for that replacement to yield a superior bonded Gem! Replacing an existing socketed Gem takes 12 hours, regardless if it is in the 1st, 2nd or 3rd Gem slot.

Here is an example walkthrough of the Upgrade process. I'm going to slot a Blood Gem to add some extra STR to my lvl 31 Entomed Hammer of Warfare.

Step 1: Select Item

Step 2: Select Slot

Step 3: Select Gem

Step 4: Review Upgrade Info

Step 5: Confirm

Step 6: Upgrade in Progress

The Entombed Hammer of Warfare is being upgraded and is not available for use. I can buy through the timer if I really want to finish it up right now. Any one character may only have a total of 5 Crafts or Upgrades in progress at any one time.

Notice how the Super Gem stat bonus for the Level 31 Entombed Hammer of Warfare is +5, where a level 36 item can be +6. This scales up from level 10 items that are a base +1 with a Super Gem possible bonus of +2.

The Crafting Station, where you can start new Gem crafts, new Upgrades, review your current progress and pick up is easily accessible from the main menu.

As with Crafting, this is the first use of this new System. There is a lot of room for future expansion with Upgrades.

We look forward to your thoughts and feedback regarding this system that is in development for Arcane Legends. We anticipate that the system will go live in mid to late November.

FluffNStuff
10-30-2013, 04:12 PM
AWESOME!!! Then, the most obvious question, WHERE can we get the GEMS?

OOPS, in the CRAFTING THREAD, DUH!!!!

Crowsfoot
10-30-2013, 04:19 PM
1) Can items with gems in them be sold/traded?

2) What are the odds of a superior bond occurring?

3) Can you infuse an item with more than one of the same type of gem?

4) Can you take gems out if items they are I fused to, or are they destroyed when you do this?

5) do gems have a certain level? Or are they all different levels of gems?

FluffNStuff
10-30-2013, 04:20 PM
OK, real question. First, are upgradeable items sellable. Second, how easy will it be to tell that the item your buying is upgraded and not the regular version and third, how easy will it be to tell it has the upgrades you want.

FluffNStuff
10-30-2013, 04:25 PM
OK, so if out FAVORITE weapon only gets a regular gem, we can keep trying till it gets superior, correct. What is the general odds of each?

Cero
10-30-2013, 04:26 PM
arcane - 1slot
mythic - 1slot
legendary - 2slot
epic - 3slots.

firstly, I would like to point it other way around. with this the non mythic/arcane user or what we call non-plat players can make a good weapon to atleast shorten the gap between arcane to epic wielders. we know arcanes and mythics are already Giving a huge gap so why not give chance to those who can afford only legendaries. this would also Keep the casual players.

Secondly, give more gems that can give a proc ability. There are many proc ability from lowlvl weapons that isnt being used. For example, dark path from a sorc staff that can do life leech.

my opinion and would like to see the feedback.
overall i like how the developement on gears is going. ty

FluffNStuff
10-30-2013, 04:31 PM
I would like to point it other way around.

arcane - 1slot
mythic - 1slot
legendary - 2slot
epic - 3slots.

with this the non mythic/arcane user or what we call non-plat players can make a good weapon to atleast shorten the gap between arcane to epic wielders. we know arcanes and mythics are already Giving a huge gap so why not give chance to those who can afford only legendaries. this would also Keep the casual players.

Problem with that is it would make the jewels worth more then the crown so to speak. Essentially, you are putting expensive upgrades to not even bring them in line with cheaper items. Don't let the 'lack' of plat cost here fool you, this system WILL make PLAT PLAYERS super rich in the first 8 hours of release since they will be able to churn through the creation of a ton of items. After that, it should even out as the overnight creators start to catch up, but that initial flood will be in their favor. Nothing wrong with that, as they pay the salaries, so giving them a head start is totally fair.

Uzii
10-30-2013, 04:38 PM
arcane - 1slot
mythic - 1slot
legendary - 2slot
epic - 3slots.

firstly, I would like to point it other way around. with this the non mythic/arcane user or what we call non-plat players can make a good weapon to atleast shorten the gap between arcane to epic wielders. we know arcanes and mythics are already Giving a huge gap so why not give chance to those who can afford only legendaries. this would also Keep the casual players.

This. U sayed what i was thinking.... :)

Crowsfoot
10-30-2013, 04:47 PM
Just want to point out: they added crafting, but the blacksmiths still don't do anything besides give us dailies no one do.

Maybe make the blacksmiths in kragg and Kelsey serve a role in crafting? Don't get me wrong I like having everything avalible from my avatar menu. I just find it a little funny that the blacksmiths don't do anything.

Zeus
10-30-2013, 04:48 PM
If I am reading this right, does this mean if our normal gem doesn't turn superior, we will need a completely new gem?

Sibayjing
10-30-2013, 04:49 PM
GReat! But This is only for weapons?

Armor and helm can be upgrade?

Cero
10-30-2013, 04:49 PM
I would like to point it other way around.

arcane - 1slot
mythic - 1slot
legendary - 2slot
epic - 3slots.

with this the non mythic/arcane user or what we call non-plat players can make a good weapon to atleast shorten the gap between arcane to epic wielders. we know arcanes and mythics are already Giving a huge gap so why not give chance to those who can afford only legendaries. this would also Keep the casual players.

Problem with that is it would make the jewels worth more then the crown so to speak. Essentially, you are putting expensive upgrades to not even bring them in line with cheaper items. Don't let the 'lack' of plat cost here fool you, this system WILL make PLAT PLAYERS super rich in the first 8 hours of release since they will be able to churn through the creation of a ton of items. After that, it should even out as the overnight creators start to catch up, but that initial flood will be in their favor. Nothing wrong with that, as they pay the salaries, so giving them a head start is totally fair.

I understand your point but i can't help to argue of how OPs gears becoming more OP. Yes, there are many mythics and arcane gears out there so what about those Legendary or epic user players that struggles to compete? It is not about who can craft and upgrade first, in my understanding, the crafting and upgrading befriends those who has the Highest quality items. Also, "Super Gems" are giving the best benefits from the high quality gears. Why give more slots? It's just making it more OP.

Helps those casual gamers or non-plat users to get atleast fair improvement for this game. Sure, it is just common to give the sweetest part for those who helps the devs to keep this game running but lets not take foregranted other players. They can help to in other ways.

octavos
10-30-2013, 04:55 PM

I agreed with Cero, just for the reason that new gems will eventually come out in later updates will close the gap a bit more but, Arcane/Mythic will still reign king in AL. but atleast it gives Non-Plat buyers more of a chance.

falmear
10-30-2013, 04:59 PM
I don't know if its fair but people who use a lot of plat have 2 advantages. One they can purchase the essences from the store to make gems then sell them in CS. You say they are epic in rarity, but so is an elite golden puzzle box. Yet this is way more rare then any other epic. In my mind epic rarity is very common. So saying its epic doesn't tell me anything because as we have seen so many times the color/rarity of an item doesn't matter as to how rare it is. Next they can manufacture weapons faster by spending plat by not waiting overnight. This isn't such a huge advantage because this is a matter of time. But if everyone wants a superior bonded weapon, then the plat player can just keep spending plat trying and retrying until this happens. Non-plat player has to keep waiting. So here are the advantages for the plat player:

1) Can manufacture gems from the store and sell them in CS
2) Can manufacture superior bonded weapons and sell them in CS

So in my mind this is not very fair. I get you pay plat to make life easier, or take less time to do stuff. But I think this is too much of an extreme. Already we see a lot of people buying vanities, eggs, and amulets and converting these to gold by selling them in CS. I am not against this since it makes them available to more people. But this is too much of an advantage in my opinion for crafting and upgrading. You should cut the time down to half in the upgrade system. As for buying essences, I guess this depends on how expensive they are in the store or how "rare" they are to be found. Also its not clear by what you posted if the manufacturing of gems can be sped up by spending plat. This is a serious and obvious omission. I am glad I have been hording my plat and not opening locked because if this goes through as is, I will use most of it to make gems and manufacture weapons. I don't see why someone would bother to farm when you can buy a weapon in CS, upgrade it with plat and turn it around for a big profit.

FluffNStuff
10-30-2013, 05:01 PM
I understand your point but i can't help to argue of how OPs gears becoming more OP. Yes, there are many mythics and arcane gears out there so what about those Legendary or epic user players that struggles to compete? It is not about who can craft and upgrade first, in my understanding, the crafting and upgrading befriends those who has the Highest quality items. Also, "Super Gems" are giving the best benefits from the high quality gears. Why give more slots? It's just making it more OP.

Helps those casual gamers or non-plat users to get atleast fair improvement for this game. Sure, it is just common to give the sweetest part for those who helps the devs to keep this game running but lets not take foregranted other players. They can help to in other ways.

Here is the simple problem with fair: it is boring, and makes for a boring game. Am I a super rich plat player? NO! But I do enjoy the game, and like all players I want to have something to strive for, and that something is THE BEST. I think about Mythic Daggers with 3 Superior Gems and start to drool, and it is not even covered in Hunny! There are players out there that WILL get them, and they will get them extremely fast and probably trade them like the rest of us trade crates, but that does not change anything for me. I still have something to farm for, and work for, and after quite a bit of time, and maybe with a TON of luck, perhaps I will get them. And that is what drives the game. Oh, and as for more slots on epics??? Be honest, do you really think anyone would WASTE a gem AND time or plat to upgrade one slot, let alone more then one? Make sure you know what you are asking, because the simple fact is the gems will be worth more then the items, so it would be worthless to use them.

Desperoto
10-30-2013, 05:04 PM
Reserved for later feedback

FluffNStuff
10-30-2013, 05:05 PM
Question not asked, maybe answered, brought up in chat:

Sibayjing: Anyone know if it is only for weapons?

Crowsfoot
10-30-2013, 05:11 PM
We are talking +70 str if we can do all str gems. Or +25 str and +25 dex if we can do one of each gem (this is for me, I use an archone ring of potency).

Aka: about a +12-24 damage, or in later terms a 2-4% increase in my damage max (this math was done with all super bonded gems).

With normal bonds, which many will use because it costs 16 plat to excellerate crafting each gem, the number is much lower.

Remember it takes 16 plat to excellerate a gem bond. So, assuming its a 20% chance to super bond, you will use 300-1500 plat on average. That's a wide margain of getting lucky, I can see how people will spend 3k plat in the first day just to max their gear. STS knows how to make money ;) I'm not opposed to this. I will simply start bonding the night before, and check them in the morning/ at my lunch.

FluffNStuff
10-30-2013, 05:16 PM
We are talking +70 str if we can do all str gems. Or +25 str and +25 dex if we can do one of each gem (this is for me, I use an archone ring of potency).

Aka: about a +12-24 damage, or in later terms a 2-4% increase in my damage max (this math was done with all super bonded gems).

With normal bonds, which many will use because it costs 16 plat to excellerate crafting each gem, the number is much lower.

[Remember it takes 16 plat to excellerate a gem bond. So, assuming its a 20% chance to super bond, you will use 300-1500 plat on average. That's a wide margain of getting lucky, I can see how people will spend 3k plat in the first day just to max their gear. STS knows how to make money ;) I'm not opposed to this. I will simply start bonding the night before, and check them in the morning/ at my lunch.

Exactly what I will do. Patience or Plat, choose one :)

Bullox
10-30-2013, 05:20 PM
arcane - 1slot
mythic - 1slot
legendary - 2slot
epic - 3slots.

ty

+1 to this...... i would write absolute the same :)

Carapace
10-30-2013, 05:26 PM
1) Can items with gems in them be sold/traded?

2) What are the odds of a superior bond occurring?

3) Can you infuse an item with more than one of the same type of gem?

4) Can you take gems out if items they are I fused to, or are they destroyed when you do this?

5) do gems have a certain level? Or are they all different levels of gems?

1) Yes you can sell them with the upgrades. The details for what you buy show up on the expanded information tab for that item. This means you can purchase something, gem it up and resell it for more!

2) It's fairly rare, but roll of the dice rare and not mythic from a crate rare

3) Yes, you can put 3 separate STR Gems in the same item for example

4) You cannot "remove" a gem, however you can "replace" a gem. You can replace it with the same kind of gem trying to get the awesome version as many times as you would like.

5) Gems are dynamic in that there is only one per stat, but the amount of bonus you receive varies based on the item level of the item. As a level 20 twink or as a level 36 Elite runner you will use the same gem, and receive benefits scaled to the level of the item used for upgrading.

Carapace
10-30-2013, 05:49 PM
This will work for Helms, Armor, Rings, Amulets, and Weapons

Carapace
10-30-2013, 05:52 PM
If I am reading this right, does this mean if our normal gem doesn't turn superior, we will need a completely new gem?

Correct. The gem slotted will remain, however if you want to try again you will need a new Gem.

Gems are crafted from Essences, and these essences can be farmed or purchased in the store. Essences are NOT tradeable, and NOT stashable.The farming rate is relatively generous however, and with 5 available craft spots it should be reasonably easy for a majority of players to be able to turn their essences into a gem craft before bed, or mass craft to get those super socketed gems!

Crowsfoot
10-30-2013, 06:40 PM
So in a best case scenario I can have between +42-70str when I put a str gem in ever plausible slot for a 4/5 myth player with a legendary ring? IMO that may be OP.

However you said benefits scale, therefore I must ask the following:

1) is scaling of benefits based on level?

2) is the scaling of benefits different for weapons, armors, helms, rings, and amulets or does the benefits of gems scale differently for each class of item?

3) does a certain class scale their base stat benefits differently than the others?

4) does it cost anything (besides time) to craft/bond gems?

5) what is the max (all str gems, super bonded to a 4/5 myth set [glaive, upgraded helm, upgraded armor, and doom] and an archon ring of potency [str version]) amount of additional str I can gain from bonding gems?

eeknoh
10-30-2013, 06:46 PM
Please rethink the "chance to create a superior bond" this will be flat out infuriating to most players.

Think of a better way to do the creation of a superior bond. Perhaps have different essences that drop in elites versus normal dungeons, and different gems altogether.

Chances(of this particular type) in a game = misery = less desire to play.. in my experience. And I've been playing games for 23 years.

You make some money in plat but there's better ways to do that that can make the game more fun for players, not less fun and flat out frustrating.

Otherwise I like it.

briantheboss31
10-30-2013, 06:58 PM
A little confusing, but its in progress. It'll be great guys!!!

luka
10-30-2013, 06:58 PM
I agree with everything but plat speed up's ( i say all should wait 8 hrs to Finish )

eeknoh
10-30-2013, 07:10 PM
Please rethink the "chance to create a superior bond" this will be flat out infuriating to most players.

Think of a better way to do the creation of a superior bond. Perhaps have different essences that drop in elites versus normal dungeons, and different gems altogether.

Chances(of this particular type) in a game = misery = less desire to play.. in my experience. And I've been playing games for 23 years.

You make some money in plat but there's better ways to do that that can make the game more fun for players, not less fun and flat out frustrating.

Otherwise I like it.

Another thought I had.. perhaps make it take multiple gems to create a superior gem? The chance thing is just really throwing me off.. I can forsee how it will turn out.

Some folks will have maxed gear quick, within a few tries

Some will take weeks of miserable attempts only to be let down over...and over..and over.

And the average populus will take some average amount of tries.

Any way you shake it the majority will be between somewhat annoyed and bored with it to flat out furious and rage quitting. And I don't think that's the goal here.

I just think there's a better way

Crowsfoot
10-30-2013, 07:13 PM

Otherwise I like it.

Ideas to replace luck based upgrades:

1) I love the idea of elite drop. From mobs though, if you make it breakable warriors will just spec: rally cry, jugg, heal, and wm. And rush through maps gaining essences faster than other classes.

2) Perhaps have these superior gems require a higher number of essences, say 50+? Makes it take much longer to get that extra 2 points for each gem.

Why STS will kepp the luck system (imo):

1) encourages you to spend plat instead if waiting several hours EACH GEM, every attempt you make to get the superior bond.

2) controls the market by forcing players looking for the absolute best gear to destroy some of the gems in order to attempt to get a superior bond.

3) refer to the first five words in point #1.

Crowsfoot
10-30-2013, 07:15 PM
Another thought I had.. perhaps make it take multiple gems to create a superior gem? The chance thing is just really throwing me off.. I can forsee how it will turn out.

Some folks will have maxed gear quick, within a few tries

Some will take weeks of miserable attempts only to be let down over...and over..and over.

And the average populus will take some average amount of tries.

Any way you shake it the majority will be between somewhat annoyed and bored with it to flat out furious and rage quitting. And I don't think that's the goal here.

I just think there's a better way

At least non plat players can have a chance to upgrade to the best gear. I know this isn't a common thought on the forum, but I apreciate this system more than "30+ plat per superior bond."

xXz21
10-30-2013, 07:20 PM
i think this item to ''put slot on items'' need be a NORMAL item with a npc on towns.. for GOLD not platinum bcus when this release this item is going to cost millions and anyone are going to buy this only for make 1 slot..

i think this need be a GOLD item with a npc selling it not drop..

this give more advantage to the money users..

Instanthumor
10-30-2013, 07:22 PM
I have a couple questions...
In your example, Carapace, you were upgrading/crafting your entombed.
Let's say you have two red gems...can you use those two gems at the same time on the same item?

And, you mentioned essences being able to be purchased from the store and consignment shop, I assume.
Will gems be able to be sold too?

razerfingers
10-30-2013, 07:25 PM
Oh cool, maybe it will give me an incentive to play :P right now the XP curve is killer at 27 i become less interested in playing. also nobody does story mode so when i want to get the xp bonus in the new area nobody is in my game then there is still tons of people in watcher tombs and stuff like that. i think you need to put a slightly higher XP value in Nodr but less than the new place so it doesn't make 1-30 obsolete and just hella WT runs.

HopeSolo
10-30-2013, 07:27 PM
we are grateful for new development, however, in my personal opinion, i think this is not fair for all players in AL. the reasons i say " not fair for all" because using money to buy gems which leads into plat users or rich people will take control, powers and advantages on those who can't afford to get platinum to buy those gems.In addition, lets think about the battle , it will be less value of pvp, unbalance and its not gonna be fun like the way before, since most plat used players have good gears than other who don't have.

razerfingers
10-30-2013, 07:33 PM
we are grateful for new development, however, in my personal opinion, i think this is not fair for all players in AL. the reasons i say " not fair for all" because using money to buy gems which leads into plat users or rich people will take control, powers and advantages on those who can't afford to get platinum to buy those gems.In addition, lets think about the battle , it will be less value of pvp, unbalance and its not gonna be fun like the way before, since most plat used players have good gears than other who don't have.

Not trying to be rude but thats like in every game as well as life. thats like saying bill gates can't invent another for of software because hes gonna get richer and he doesn't need anymore money..

GoodSyntax
10-30-2013, 07:52 PM
Look at this old post that I found: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?119252-New-Idea-for-Vanity-Items-Special-Effect-Vanities&p=1292177&viewfull=1#post1292177

I'm a noobier version of Nostradamus!

Generally, I love the idea and think that it will help tremendously in PvE - not entirely sure how it will work out in PvP just yet, as I am already concerned about the Mythic vs. Non-Mythic argument. I will reserve judgement for now though/

Instanthumor
10-30-2013, 08:04 PM
Not trying to be rude but thats like in every game as well as life. thats like saying bill gates can't invent another for of software because hes gonna get richer and he doesn't need anymore money..

Yes, this is true, but all the rich people in the game are OP already. Giving this additional bonus for them, they will now become even more OP which I don't think a lot of people want. Cero's opinion posted earlier is fair, IMO, stating mythics/arcanes should have only 1 upgrade slot, etc.

razerfingers
10-30-2013, 08:20 PM
Yes, this is true, but all the rich people in the game are OP already. Giving this additional bonus for them, they will now become even more OP which I don't think a lot of people want. Cero's opinion posted earlier is fair, IMO, stating mythics/arcanes should have only 1 upgrade slot, etc.

Makes sense there.

Sent using blood on a bathroom wall.

Morholt
10-30-2013, 08:27 PM
Holy crap!
Are you guys reading the same threads as I am?
Based on the majority of these posts, you guys can't possibly be doing so.

Essences- you farm them super easily. They can't be traded. Combine them to make gems. Still free. These can be traded. You take gems and put them into items. Still free. Hope for superior bond. If it isn't, try again for free.
Only way platinum is involved is by speeding up the process of inserting gems into items.

I seriously hope sts quotes and responds to some of these posts with nothing more than, "please re-read the announcements before posting. You are wasting valuable server space."

Questions:
-will essences and gems take up inventory spaces? I can't see essences doing so...a person with no inventory expansions wouldn't even be able to hold 9 of each type.
-With that in mind, essences will be in the satchel, like gold and story tokens, yes? Especially since they aren't even tradeable.
Gems taking up inventory spaces would be proper.

Thoughts/suggestions/feedback:
Do away with superior bonding. Make higher quality gems. Make your current gem be a 'flawed gem,' combine 3 or 5 to make a 'normal gem,' and 3 or 5 of those for a 'perfect gem.'
-And with this in place, you can now make it so that if someone wishes to change gems in the item to a higher one, they have to unsocket all of them. That's right, if a person stuck 2 perfects and a flawed...you can't just redo the flawed....you have to put 3 new perfects in there.
-This also makes it so that a new owner of an item isn't stuck with the old choices of a previous owner, as some people may want dex for more crits on their mage instead of purely int. It'll allow for some more versatility with end game gears, which there isn't much of as it stands.

FluffNStuff
10-30-2013, 08:30 PM
1) Yes you can sell them with the upgrades. The details for what you buy show up on the expanded information tab for that item. This means you can purchase something, gem it up and resell it for more!

This is what I was afraid of. Before this goes live can you find some way to identify as much about the item as possible on 'glance'. This will help reduce the potential for bait and switch scamming and selling regular gemmed items as superior gemmed. There also needs to be a new way to search in the CS to isolate only crafted items, and preferably by number/type/quality of gems on the item. If not then players will be slapping all different types in together to try to confuse people and ditch out of failures. It will just happen.

wvhills
10-30-2013, 08:38 PM
the whole system to me seems complicated and confusing so I really can't comment.
I'm a causal player and can see myself getting left behind in all this.

Instanthumor
10-30-2013, 08:41 PM
This is what I was afraid of. Before this goes live can you find some way to identify as much about the item as possible on 'glance'. This will help reduce the potential for bait and switch scamming and selling regular gemmed items as superior gemmed. There also needs to be a new way to search in the CS to isolate only crafted items, and preferably by number/type/quality of gems on the item. If not then players will be slapping all different types in together to try to confuse people and ditch out of failures. It will just happen.

Actually, there is a way to identify them on first glance, or so I believe. If you look at Sam's weapon inventory, they all have those dots/empty spaces next to them, and if I'm correct, if they were to be upgraded, then they would be colored in with their matched upgrade (str, dex, or int). But I'm not sure what the differences are between the regular gem, and the 'Exceptional' gem.

Morholt
10-30-2013, 09:00 PM
Actually, there is a way to identify them on first glance, or so I believe. If you look at Sam's weapon inventory, they all have those dots/empty spaces next to them, and if I'm correct, if they were to be upgraded, then they would be colored in with their matched upgrade (str, dex, or int). But I'm not sure what the differences are between the regular gem, and the 'Exceptional' gem.Look at the picture in step 4. I would imagine that they'll use the same graphics to visually differentiate between the two when in items.

TuMadreee
10-30-2013, 09:10 PM
I don't like the idea of using plats to buy gems. That's just unfair.

Crowsfoot
10-30-2013, 09:18 PM
Look at the picture in step 4. I would imagine that they'll use the same graphics to visually differentiate between the two when in items.

In the original teaser (this is in the spacetime insiders forum) the yellow gem on the mythic weapon was glowing. I assumed back then that the middle one glowed for aesthetics. However, I am inclined to believe that the yellow gem was in fact a superrior bond.

Aka: the good stuff glows.

Instanthumor
10-30-2013, 09:31 PM

More like unfairly, uncalled for. (To non-plat users or cheapskates, of course)

NinjazZeroid
10-30-2013, 09:43 PM
Can we upgrade leprechaun pendant????

Kakashis
10-30-2013, 10:05 PM
The only thing I'm fusing my gems into are my luck amulet!! Finally a permanent luck feature in the game!

Overall I like this system! I'll be a gem crafter seller :) my job will be like doing the upgrading mythic quest every day in normal maps lol

Looks like our mythic sets could last another season!

Beastmoodeee
10-30-2013, 10:18 PM
Great!! :)

Phoebehottie
10-30-2013, 11:10 PM
Hopefully there are corresponding effects for every gem like red for fire

Something like that would be awesome the higher the upgrade the more effect it will have

Tishamaxine
10-30-2013, 11:56 PM
I been waiting for this for the whole time......

Eski
10-31-2013, 12:10 AM
The difference between arcane-legendary are too huge ,and after the crafting update realese the difference will be bigger..

Instanthumor
10-31-2013, 12:18 AM
The difference between arcane-legendary are too huge ,and after the crafting update realese the difference will be bigger..

Agreed, arcanes, as of right now, lasts up to three seasons (including the season it was introduced).
Now, they're probably good for 4-5 seasons, assuming you're using an 'Exceptional' gem, which a lot of players are indeed going to go for.

rivet
10-31-2013, 12:20 AM
Add some visual effects to these weapons when upgraded.

Instanthumor
10-31-2013, 12:28 AM
Add some visual effects to these weapons when upgraded.

I kinda agree! Let's say someone upgrades their Maul of Ollerus with a blood gem. There should be a slight, somewhat noticeable red aura around the maul !_!

aarrgggggg
10-31-2013, 12:45 AM
Ok so i like the idea of farming essence and crafting gems also then binding said gems to the equipment.But i disagree with the ability to buy said essence for plat.Also i do like the the idea of normal gems and superior gems however this is my feedback on this idea. Ok lets say it takes 10 essence to make a normal gem (easily farmable similar to the tombs, the hardest of the days of the dead quests) and 3 normal gems to make a superior gem, thats 30 essence needed per superior gem instead of a chance to make superior gem. This i would support and i like the sounds of. Whereas the system as samhayne has stated says that a gem has a chance to superior bond which when added to the fact that these essences are plat purchasable means that this is just another form of locked grand crate gambling as u are not guaranteed to get the weapon u were expecting when returned from upgrading, it is nothing more than a gamble. That i dont like. This will force all players wishing to have the best gear in the game to almost definitely buy plat in hopes for superior bonding aka gambling in hopes for a superior bond,meaning the days of merching and farming for wealth/the best gear in the game will be long dead. Long live plat users i suppose O.o. Crafting/Upgrading is in my opinion a good way to bring many more hours of play to people searching for those essences as everyone will be wanting to upgrade their gear, unless u let them be bought by store eliminating the need 2 play at all because u can in fact just buy your upgrades. Another thing i would like to see changed is the fact that u have to wait 8 hours to craft the gem and then another 8 hours to upgrade your item,that forces everyone to have two of everything if they plan on playing at all during these times which in my opinion will actually cause less people to play because they are waiting to get back they're upgraded items. Ok quick recap Do not let essence be store bought make essence farmable only, similar to tombs in halloween event. Make superior bonding a guarantee if u accomplish a certain task or collect a certain number of items, and eliminate wait times while crafting/upgrading so players arent forced to have two sets of gear. This is my feedback for now. Samhayne u said that these changes are not set in stone yet..........please consider my concerns and opinions.

Excuses
10-31-2013, 12:50 AM
Thoughts/suggestions/feedback:
Do away with superior bonding. Make higher quality gems. Make your current gem be a 'flawed gem,' combine 3 or 5 to make a 'normal gem,' and 3 or 5 of those for a 'perfect gem.'

I like this.
I don't mind buying 'time', but SICK of wasting my time on gambling and luck.
I want something I can actually work for it.

And if we have other kind gem, like armor, dmg, dodge or crit as proc, it would be good and work with this well too by adding proc gem as upgrade.

xXz21
10-31-2013, 01:48 AM

i think buy items with money is not unfair ir only more easy but i think remove the ''timer'' with plat yes this is unfair..

why don't remove this timer for all??

this is fair for all user. and if theys wanna buy items with plat is ok but we have the same ''advantage'' on time..

i think the item for ''make 1 slot on ur weapond'' this need be selled with an npc. not with platinum or ''Elite puzzlebox'' elite puzzle box cost 200k so this item are going to cost ''500k'' maybe and a weapond with 2 slot cost more of a 1 million..

maybe this can cost 10-20k is good for all user (low lv too) bcus if u start the game u can't put stone on ur weapond/items bcus cost millions for 1 slot..

i agree with make a special effect when weaponds are upgraded like Aion when u have a stone on ur wep have a effect on it :)

wlsgh15
10-31-2013, 02:34 AM
agreed. if this happens, i am sure i can't buy more plat and maybe make a reason to be retired...too much.......spending if there is plat essence, i know sts feed us new stuff and they make money but plat essence... it should be removed because if sts gonna imply this, it will be so certain that plat users and non plat users(if they not merchant) gonna be a big gap with gold. IMF for non plat user cuz if they want other way, its time consuming. eh i don't like this idea. i don't have time to farming but i rather farming then pay n easy way.
and i am the plat and farming user which means i do use plat for farming for loot or lock crates (why lock crates? many reasons not many time to farming since work, and i got paid and i can afford to buy plat for twice a month but.. even plat user don't like this.

thats only imo

gumball3000
10-31-2013, 04:28 AM
DO NOT MAKE ESSENCES BUYABLE IN THE STORE!
I am ok with the wait time skip but make the essences farmable so EVERYONE has a chance at merching gems and upgraded items.

Sent from my GT-I8160 using Tapatalk 2

Kraoracha
10-31-2013, 04:49 AM
I think this all looks good, and experience of the players will finetune any improvement points if they come up. I am personally a bit worried about my inventory slots, I guess essences and gems also take up those slots and I already am low on them all the time, lol.

I completely understand the need to make the essence etc buyable, STG has to make money from new developments too, either by getting more players in, or more options to spend plat. I dont mind if others have the gems and upgrades sooner because they donate to the game. In the end we all can have them, since it is not that the gems are not available for those that do not buy plat.

Haligali
10-31-2013, 06:42 AM
Can i remove the socketed gem later, if buy a new weapon?

KingMartin
10-31-2013, 06:43 AM
It has been said several times already - please make some essences or any other needed ingredient drop in elite maps only. You can distinguish between Shuyal, Nordr, and others so that "quality" of the ingredient increases with map difficulty.

But don't make Elite levels die, don't degrade this fabulous game to stupid mobs and barrels smashing like in many (all????) recent quests that have been implemented. I hate to do a quest not even looking at the screen.

Drearivev
10-31-2013, 08:13 AM
I have a couple questions...
In your example, Carapace, you were upgrading/crafting your entombed.
Let's say you have two red gems...can you use those two gems at the same time on the same item?

And, you mentioned essences being able to be purchased from the store and consignment shop, I assume.
Will gems be able to be sold too?
Morholt answered your second question. Essences aren't tradeable, Gems are.
Your first question....Idk.

Haligali
10-31-2013, 09:02 AM
It has been said several times already - please make some essences or any other needed ingredient drop in elite maps only. You can distinguish between Shuyal, Nordr, and others so that "quality" of the ingredient increases with map difficulty.

But don't make Elite levels die, don't degrade this fabulous game to stupid mobs and barrels smashing like in many (all????) recent quests that have been implemented. I hate to do a quest not even looking at the screen.

Elite are dying :/

Bluevaporz
10-31-2013, 09:13 AM
Sale of Upgraded Items I think fluff mentioned this but again there needs to be an overhaul of the Auction house and trade screen or at least some fine tuning for the influx of these items. I know it was mentioned that the upgrades will be listed in the "additional info tab" but that is cumbersome to say the least.

For example, say there are 10 or so Mythic Mage Helms on sale. In the current auction house I would then have to click on each more info button to see why it is they are listed at their price? This is even more of a headache for epic and legendary items which exist in far larger numbers on the market.

One solution would be to show the gem slots next to the names of items. A superior gem could be highlighted or brighter than a standard gem socket. This could get confusing as you start adding other gems into the system though but as it is now, navigating through the market and trades will even be tougher than it is.

Zuzeq
10-31-2013, 09:59 AM
Would it be horrible if..

-Upgraded items were not sellable. As stated above I see the selling and trading of upgraded items will lend to mass confusion. Scammers are already licking there lips. If upgraded item "must" be sellable, I'd suggest the name of the item changes depending on what gems are connected to it. This way you know just what you're getting while trading/buying at AH.

-When you procure a new item you can remove the gems from old and place on new

FluffNStuff
10-31-2013, 10:12 AM
Actually, there is a way to identify them on first glance, or so I believe. If you look at Sam's weapon inventory, they all have those dots/empty spaces next to them, and if I'm correct, if they were to be upgraded, then they would be colored in with their matched upgrade (str, dex, or int). But I'm not sure what the differences are between the regular gem, and the 'Exceptional' gem.

That is inventory, not Auction House. In the house, it is a bunch of names. If you click each name, you see a tiny picture in the lower corner, and yes, that might have little gems on it. So if you see a deal, you need to decide quick based on those gems, and HOPE you did not get scammed. The idea of ALSO pressing more info is kinda well, not sane. I vote for long crazy names. Give each gem type, position and quality a modifier name. That way you can search for what you are looking for and isolate them from the scams. I have fallen for a scam of this ~type~ but don't want to go into more detail as it will just give the scum more ideas.

Morholt
10-31-2013, 11:01 AM
Morholt answered your second question. Essences aren't tradeable, Gems are.
Your first question....Idk.I would imagine the answer would be yes, we can.
It says first socket is 8 hours, while second and third take even longer.
As a guess (and for example usage), second socket takes 12 hours and third takes 16.
If you wish to add two gems at once, you are then waiting for 20 hours; 36 hours if you wish to do all 3 at once.

As it stands, though, based on the way the pictures are...it looks that you can't add a second gem DURING the socketing process of the first. It looks like if we are able to add multiple gems at a time, you have to do them together.

One odd issue with multi-gemming is platinum speed ups. With all 3 going at once, it should take 48 platinum to skip the wait. I'm sure some people may get antsy during the wait and at hour 25 wish to finish it with platinum. 36-28 hours left should cost the full 48 platinum; 27:59-16 hours left would be 32; and 15:59-0 hours left would be 16.

Of course, these are just my thoughts (based on the limited info & pictures given) on how to make the system smooth & effectively running. :)

Going to add: some of you should calm down. Gems are going to be worthless. At least the initial 3 types of gems. They are fairly easily found by even new players (essences, which are freely converted), and you can easily find them during your normal farming routines. Anyone who spends platinum on essences is truly donating to sts, as they aren't getting anything back (as the essences are pretty much worthless).
Gems will have a small value for about 3 days...5 tops. After one week, I can't see them being sold for more than 500 gold each. Everyone is going to have plenty for sale.
Wait until runes are implemented. ;) Those will have cool things like +1% crit. And I suspect they won't be purchase-able. Specific monsters will have a small chance to drop specific runes.

Nitamana
10-31-2013, 11:08 AM
No one has suggested this yet, I want all types (arcane, mythic, legeng, epic, rare, and common) of items have 3 slots to upgrade.

This will make the developer happy as more possible plat spending on upgrade granted that this will also reduce a bit of demand on mythic and arcane items. This will also answer the complaints on the unfairness of this system.

I have been playing a lot with my fully geared lv15-26 and really like to have my forerunners and demonlords fully upgraded.

KingMartin
10-31-2013, 11:16 AM
Elite are dying :/

I still hope not, Hali - if the future of this game is sweeping of low-level mobs, barrel smashing and end-game pvp with all the ganging and trash language then I will probably spend my $$$ somewhere else :)

Samhayne
10-31-2013, 11:38 AM
In follow up questions, people wondered about how buying/selling/trading of items will work with regard to their upgrade slots.

When you are trading, or gifting or using the Consignment Shoppe, you can see what gems are in the item from the icon.

Further, you can inspect the item to view an expanded view of the items stats that displays what gems are socketed into the item.

Here are example screens from the Consignment Shoppe where I have listed an Entombed Hammer of Warfare that has one Blood Gem socketed into it for a +3 STR bonus.

Here is the Hammer inspected:

JaytB
10-31-2013, 11:46 AM
Just found this thread O.o

Going to read up first but so far sounds pretty exciting to me!

Prahasit Prahi
10-31-2013, 11:49 AM
In follow up questions, people wondered about how buying/selling/trading of items will work with regard to their upgrade slots.

When you are trading, or gifting or using the Consignment Shoppe, you can see what gems are in the item from the icon.

Further, you can inspect the item to view an expanded view of the items stats that displays what gems are socketed into the item.

Here are example screens from the Consignment Shoppe where I have listed an Entombed Hammer of Warfare that has one Blood Gem socketed into it for a +3 STR bonus.

Coollll!!!!
and one more good thing is we are able to see the commas hope to see this update soon!!

keikali
10-31-2013, 01:27 PM
A quick question. Not sure has this been already asked, but will the current Upgraded Mythics be tradeable once again if this is implemented? I know originally they were not mean to be traded/sold once you upgraded it, but since this new system is being brought into play, will it be once again tradeable/sellable?

Samhayne
10-31-2013, 01:29 PM
A quick question. Not sure has this been already asked, but will the current Upgraded Mythics be tradeable once again if this is implemented? I know originally they were not mean to be traded/sold once you upgraded it, but since this new system is being brought into play, will it be once again tradeable/sellable?

You will be able to slot Gems into your upgraded Mythics, but that won't change the fact that those items are not tradeable.

keikali
10-31-2013, 01:41 PM
You will be able to slot Gems into your upgraded Mythics, but that won't change the fact that those items are not tradeable.

Very quick response. I knew you were waiting for me to ask this!

FluffNStuff
10-31-2013, 02:17 PM

Look at the picture in step 4. I would imagine that they'll use the same graphics to visually differentiate between the two when in items.

In the original teaser (this is in the spacetime insiders forum) the yellow gem on the mythic weapon was glowing. I assumed back then that the middle one glowed for aesthetics. However, I am inclined to believe that the yellow gem was in fact a superrior bond.

Aka: the good stuff glows.

OK, you guys made a FANTASTIC game, but I sometimes wonder if you play it ;) [LOL]

In PL, gold was EVERYWHERE, heck, it was practically pouring out of Alien Oasis. A player could liquidate themselves to a million in no time and pay for any non-top gear they wanted. In AL, liquidating loot won't even pay for the pots you used to farm it, let alone buy you better gear. This means for a player to get gold they have three+ options:
1) Pay real money to get it from crates or the store.
2) Sell items to those who paid real money.
3) Sell items to those who sold items to those who paid real money (etc+) .

So we now have a huge difference between PL, where the majority of players were farmers selling to each other and some plat players to AL where pretty much all non plat players NEED to Merch. I believe it is an EXCELLENT system where players can pay if they wish to avoid that part of the game, or play for free or low cost and experience it. Capitalism at its finest, work or pay :)
Now the issue is that because the Merchant system was so small in PL and has EXPLODED in AL I fear that it is not being taken into account as well as it should, and I don't mean price controlling or limiting or that kind of thing (Capitalism remember, the market will take care of itself). What I would like to see is more safeguards to prevent scamming, as the increase in merchants naturally means an increase in bad merchants. The comma addition is step in the right direction, but that is a response and not an action. That image you show from the Auction is not a real image, as in not what a real player would search for (of course). What would they search for to find that? Entombed hammer? I assume then there will be bunch of entombed hammers listed in one range, say [200k-300k], then entombed hammers with one socket regular in another, say [400k-500k], with 2 regular [700:800k],then with 2 superior maybe in another range, say [1.4-1.6m]. Those are the honest merchant listing. Now lets look at the dishonest merchant listings: Entombed Hammer, 2 Regular: 1.35m, 1 Regular: 1.3M,698K No Sockets: 899K,1.3m. Now, why would they do this? Because the SYSTEM makes it easy for a player to confuse the two and it looks like a bargain to a Merch (which most players are) and they know someone will fall for it.
This is just one example on one item. The merchant system in AL is a fantastic addition, and whether they know it not, both PLAT AND NON-PLAT players NEED EACH OTHER because of it, so anything that can be done to prevent scams in the first place will save a lot of head aches for both honest players and the forums :)

----
(edit) Perhaps I am being overly cautious, and I guess there is an easy way to tell. Sam, would it be possible to see 4 entombed hammers listed there, one without, one with one regular red, one with two regular gems and one with 2 superior gems? Would give us a better idea what it would look like 'in action'. I understand if you are low on plat so the 2 superior gems one could take a while depending on your luck ;)

Kakashis
10-31-2013, 03:03 PM
Don't make gems purchasable! Let them drop from crates since no one is opening them anymore. Why open crates when 500 Plat gets you a mythic item from grimm egg sales!

Crowsfoot
10-31-2013, 03:16 PM
So in a best case scenario I can have between +42-70str when I put a str gem in ever plausible slot for a 4/5 myth player with a legendary ring? IMO that may be OP.

2) is the scaling of benefits different for weapons, armors, helms, rings, and amulets or does the benefits of gems scale differently for each class of item?

3) does a certain class scale their base stat benefits differently than the others?

5) what is the max (all str gems, super bonded to a 4/5 myth set [glaive, upgraded helm, upgraded armor, and doom] and an archon ring of potency [str version]) amount of additional str I can gain from bonding gems?

Burning questions^

TheMightyFeusalet
10-31-2013, 03:27 PM
i think honestly sts will lose much players with doing this, peeps with only legendary gear have it already now hard with all the people with there myhtics. THIS IS NOT A GOOD UPDATE I THINK.

Samhayne
10-31-2013, 03:33 PM

The amount of stat bonus that you could receive (that scales with the item level) is displayed when you are choosing what gem you want to socket in.

It doesn't change at all based on class or slot or which socket you are putting it into; only by item level.

For example:

Slotting a Blood Gem (that gives a STR bonus) into a level 21 item, it will give +2 STR with a chance for +4 STR if the slotting is exceptional.

If you slot the same Blood Gem (made with the same 10 Blood Essences) into a level 36 item, it will give +3 STR, with a chance for +6 STR if the slotting is exceptional.

Again, the bonus amount doesn't matter what class the character is that is doing the combine, what level the character is or what slot the item is for. The bonus only calculates off of item level.

There is no cost (other than the time wait) to initiate or collect crafts or upgrades.

Soundlesskill
10-31-2013, 03:44 PM
Thank you :)

Instanthumor
10-31-2013, 04:06 PM
arcane - 1slot
mythic - 1slot
legendary - 2slot
epic - 3slots.

Secondly, give more gems that can give a proc ability. There are many proc ability from lowlvl weapons that isnt being used. For example, dark path from a sorc staff that can do life leech.

I still like this idea.... wonder if this could actually get implemented...

octavos
10-31-2013, 05:25 PM

umm yea..should be noted.....Comma?!?!!? finally..now all STG need this.

Ninthplague
10-31-2013, 08:39 PM
I hope there will be gems that add damage, armor, health and mana.

Frohnatur
10-31-2013, 10:31 PM
Its completely free. Thats awesome. Thank you STS. :applause:

Plat may give you a time bonus, thats all. Even buying essences is in other words just a time bonus. I think this is really great for non-plat users. All they need is more time than plat users.

And for all the complainers: Please be realistic. There has to be some advantage plat buyers. They finance the game. (I'm not one of them ;)). Thanks to STS the only advantage Plat unsers will gain is Time. That may be make them super rich, but who cares? Upgrading is for free, remember? So even non-plat user can make a lot of money with upgraded items.

Khylan
10-31-2013, 11:05 PM
Great mechanics for the craft/upgrade system!

I think everyone needs to look at the big picture and quit raging over the essence being farmable and/or plat purchasable. The gems need to be plentiful, and relatively inexpensive to keep people interested in upgrading/crafting. Resocketing a gem consumes the old gem, and people are going to burn through a lot of gems attempting to get a superior bond on mythic, arcane, and the some of the better legendary items.

If using a socket was instant and not on a timer, then I would agree that being able to purchase essence from the store would be unbalancing. Upgrading items and making gems takes time (or money). If it took time and money, who would bother with it long term?

The crafting and upgrading adds depth to the game outside of elite farming and will give new life to mythic/arcane items already in game.

Ravager
11-01-2013, 01:18 AM

Is there a way to make it so you can see the particular bonus without going into the detailed view? It would be a pain searching for superior bonded items in some cases.

Morholt
11-01-2013, 07:52 AM
Is there a way to make it so you can see the particular bonus without going into the detailed view? It would be a pain searching for superior bonded items in some cases.See that picture? Before looking at the detailed info, you can tell it is regular because the red circle in the listing is a dull color with black around it, just like it would appear in the pre-craft screens. A superior bonded gem will appear in the listing with a lustrous appearance--as it does in the pre-craft screen.

Ravager
11-01-2013, 08:30 AM
Is there a way to make it so you can see the particular bonus without going into the detailed view? It would be a pain searching for superior bonded items in some cases.See that picture? Before looking at the detailed info, you can tell it is regular because the red circle in the listing is a dull color with black around it, just like it would appear in the pre-craft screens. A superior bonded gem will appear in the listing with a lustrous appearance--as it does in the pre-craft screen.

Ah. I missed that. It does appear that way. Thanks.

Konviict
11-01-2013, 09:26 AM
Can we sell the upgraded mythic (armour or helm) that is upgraded by a gem?

octavos
11-01-2013, 09:44 AM
I think everyone needs to look at the big picture and quit raging over the essence being farmable and/or plat purchasable. The gems need to be plentiful, and relatively inexpensive to keep people interested in upgrading/crafting. Resocketing a gem consumes the old gem, and people are going to burn through a lot of gems attempting to get a superior bond on mythic, arcane, and the some of the better legendary items. ect....

This is a feed back forum, and people can post and rage if they don't like a feature (some are kids, so understand that some wont write as clear as you might have wanted). Its the dev's that need to interpret this information to please the majority of players. This is initial thoughts, I for one want more slots on lower items..and less slots for higher items (as Cero stated above in 1st page).

So for your idea, I love it I agree that it needs to be plentiful and easy to farm.

Soundlesskill
11-01-2013, 09:49 AM
I agree with Cero.

Crowsfoot
11-01-2013, 10:46 AM
I am satisified. Ty for answering all my questions sts :)

Morholt
11-01-2013, 10:48 AM
Can we sell the upgraded mythic (armour or helm) that is upgraded by a gem?It has already been stated that you can't. They remain non-tradeable.

valheeru
11-01-2013, 08:34 PM
i am worried abt inventory slot since i am not a plat user i will be overflowed

Crowsfoot
11-01-2013, 08:55 PM
i am worried abt inventory slot since i am not a plat user i will be overflowed

Read the original post. essnces don't take up Inventory slots. Only gems do, but the are fabricated at your discretion and require 20 essences each.

Valsacar
11-03-2013, 01:02 AM
Great mechanics for the craft/upgrade system!

I think everyone needs to look at the big picture and quit raging over the essence being farmable and/or plat purchasable. The gems need to be plentiful, and relatively inexpensive to keep people interested in upgrading/crafting. Resocketing a gem consumes the old gem, and people are going to burn through a lot of gems attempting to get a superior bond on mythic, arcane, and the some of the better legendary items.

If using a socket was instant and not on a timer, then I would agree that being able to purchase essence from the store would be unbalancing. Upgrading items and making gems takes time (or money). If it took time and money, who would bother with it long term?

The crafting and upgrading adds depth to the game outside of elite farming and will give new life to mythic/arcane items already in game.

But you're missing a part of it. If the essence is purchasable in plat, then the gold price will be low for gems (at best, plat cost * 10 * 500, the gold value of the plat) but probably lower. That isn't good for non-plat players, that is bad. That system works great for the lep amulet and grimm, because the ONLY way to get it is buying it, there are no drops.

Without it being purchasable by plat, all gems will be farmed. This creates a NEW mechanic for non-plat players to make money, and will be easier than farming elites (which many complain costs too much in gear and pots). The prices will be based off supply and demand, and most likely not be cheap (demand will be high, for the reason you stated). This gives non-plat players a relatively inexpensive way to get the items they need to upgrade their own gear, and sell of the ones they don't for a good profit. STS still profits (and I would argue will profit MORE) because those plat players will be buying them from non-plat players. Where is that gold coming from? Plat to gold conversion.

Let's do some "pull-out-my-arse" math to explore this idea. I'm going to say 1 essence costs 10 plat. So that means one gem will be 100 plat, which is 50000 gold (if I remember correctly). That means no plat player is going to want to spend more than 50k to buy a single gem, they will probably look for cheaper than 50k. This is bad economics, supply and demand don't work because there is an upper boundary on price. In the end, gems will be cheap and worthless for people to farm for profit.

Now, lets pretend they are not purchasable by plat. All gems are from farming. Supply and demand will decide the prices, and I would estimate that they will be at least 50k and probably 100k (depends on how easy they drop). A non-plat player can make a good profit in a few days doing this, and there are no arbitrary limits on the value of the gems. Plat players will be the most adamant about getting the best items possible, and as quickly as possible. They will buy up the gems, and when they need gold they will buy gold with plat. But, because the value of them is higher, 100k vs 50k, that means they will be using almost double the amount of plat than they would if they could just straight buy the essence with plat (hence, STS will make more profit).

The second scenario is the better one for all parties involved. The timer speed up I agree with, let the plat players speed up the construction, but make them purchase the items from the non-plat players.

I am a big plat player.

JaytB
11-03-2013, 02:40 AM
Whatever is decided, I hope essences will be easily and plentifully found. If it takes too long to gather them, you could hardly manage to craft your items within an expansion cap or it would cost a ridiculous amount of gold to do so.

Personally, I'm all for the proposed plat options. It's nice to have an alternative, on top of the gold options, for people who are interested in crafting but can't spend all day farming for components. But that might just be me.

Ebezaanec
11-03-2013, 11:53 AM
So, my question is: Can the Leprechaun/Jack Hellows Pendant be upgraded?

Then the pendant would have stats :p

Great job STG! The system sounds great and I have no complaints :D

JaytB
11-03-2013, 12:43 PM
Another idea would be to give upgraded items a standard and 'subtle' color-coded glow or particle effect . Nothing too fancy or distracting, but a visual que on how many/what upgrades each item has when it's equipped.

Maybe it's just me, but I always enjoy looking at people with vanities trying to figure out their stat build and gear they wear. Often small visual cues, like the subtle sparkles of Archon/Mythic rings and mythic pendants is enough to get an idea of the gear someone is wearing.

A simple way would be 3 different colors, each showing how many upgrade slots are filled. Just for example purposes, let's take a red/green/blue (faint) glow/particle effect around your items...
Red= 1 upgrade slot filled
Green= 2 slots filled
Blue= 3 slots

That system could of course be taken much further than that. For example (I know yellow, red, blue would be more appropriate, but for the sake of uniformity I'll be using R/G/B again)...
Red= Str
Green= Dex
Blue= Int

Items with 1 str gem, would glow faintly red (or have a faint red sparkly effect or...), with 2 they would glow brighter (or more/bigger particles...), while 3 str gems would give a maximum effect. Also a distinction between normal and superior bonded gems could be added.

If str/dex/int is combined, multiple different color effects could be displayed at the same time. For example, if a Str and Dex gem would be used, both Red (Str) and Green (Dex) effects would be shown as 2 different colors. Alternatively, colors could just be mixed. So let's say you'd have a str/dex and int gem equipped, R/G and B would mix and display a white color.

As you can see, the possibilities are nearly endless.

I understand that too many colors would be distracting and make us all look like walking Christmas trees, so the effects I'm talking about should be really subtle but clear enough to make out the difference.

I can understand if my suggestion might seem trivial to most, but to me I always enjoy seeing someone with cool items and small visual cues that show of exactly what I'm looking at. If not for visualizing stats, wouldn't it just be cooler to have a different effect instead of having every normal/upgraded item look exactly the same?

MaestroMaster
11-04-2013, 02:48 AM
Quick question, level 31 myths would have a normal value of +3 and superior value of +5? If the current level cap 36 is increased what happens to eq with superior value of +6? Would it drop to +5 or remains +6? Thx.

drgrimmy
11-04-2013, 04:25 AM
arcane - 1slot
mythic - 1slot
legendary - 2slot
epic - 3slots.

I agree that giving 2 slots to legendary and 3 slots to mythic and arcane further widens the gap between those that have mythic and arcane and those that don't. For a full set of mythic vs legendary gear (weapon, helm, armor, ring and amulet) this equates to a difference of 5 slots or a minimum of 15 and a maximum of 30 (for a superior bond) stat points. This difference is huge! Please sts, reconsider. This will make elite legendary gear even more worthless than it already is, making this a game even more exclusively for plat spenders, merchs and scammers. Just my humble opinion.

JaytB
11-04-2013, 05:55 AM
The most expensive and difficult to obtain items should have the best upgrade options. That's how it is in all the limited MMO's I've played and that's, in my personal opinion, how it should be.

I can understand the point of view of some about 'widening the gap', but is 6 str/dex/int -at best when creating a superior bond on a lv36 item- really going to close that gap or make it noticeable wider?

We don't even know yet how expensive crafting is going to be. It could very well be so expensive that non of the pink users that are now complaining would actually bother to upgrade in the end.

To me, it wouldn't make any sense that lower rarity/cheaper weapons would have better upgrade options as compared to the rarest/most expensive ones. I don't see why STS would have to break traditional systems, only to benefit those people who don't put the effort in it to get those best items. Before people yell 'plat users!', I know plently of people who rarely ever buy plat rocking mythics, because they actually put the effort into obtaining gold to buy them.

If I really had to propose a 'solution' (although I don't think there's a problem), I'd say make the number of upgrade slots for every item the same. That would at least be a solution that's fair to both parties and doesn't put Mythic/Arcane users at a disadvantage. Suggesting to overthrow traditional MMO systems just to benefit those without the drive to go for Mythics/Arcanes, while simultaneously trying to put those people who put most effort in the game at a disadvantage, ticks me off a little. Some people post here as the shining knights on white horses who are here to benefit the masses, while in reality they only seem to suggest solutions that solely benefit them.

I hope this didn't read like a rant because that wasn't my intention. I just think that people shouldn't only look at things from a perspective that benefits just themselves.

drgrimmy
11-04-2013, 12:14 PM
The most expensive and difficult to obtain items should have the best upgrade options. That's how it is in all the limited MMO's I've played and that's, in my personal opinion, how it should be.

I can understand the point of view of some about 'widening the gap', but is 6 str/dex/int -at best when creating a superior bond on a lv36 item- really going to close that gap or make it noticeable wider?

We don't even know yet how expensive crafting is going to be. It could very well be so expensive that non of the pink users that are now complaining would actually bother to upgrade in the end.

To me, it wouldn't make any sense that lower rarity/cheaper weapons would have better upgrade options as compared to the rarest/most expensive ones. I don't see why STS would have to break traditional systems, only to benefit those people who don't put the effort in it to get those best items. Before people yell 'plat users!', I know plently of people who rarely ever buy plat rocking mythics, because they actually put the effort into obtaining gold to buy them.

If I really had to propose a 'solution' (although I don't think there's a problem), I'd say make the number of upgrade slots for every item the same. That would at least be a solution that's fair to both parties and doesn't put Mythic/Arcane users at a disadvantage.

I agree with the same number of upgrade slots for all items and not necessarily the upsidedown system suggested by cero. And yes a total of 30 str/int/dex from 5 items would make a huge difference.

Suggesting to overthrow traditional MMO systems just to benefit those without the drive to go for Mythics/Arcanes, while simultaneously trying to put those people who put most effort in the game at a disadvantage, ticks me off a little. Some people post here as the shining knights on white horses who are here to benefit the masses, while in reality they only seem to suggest solutions that solely benefit them.

Wow. I hope you are not refering to me with a large part of your rant. The upgrade system would benefit me just as much as anyone else who has full mythics. I worked really hard for my full mythic set and arcane pet back when it cost around 40m to get the full setup, so yes I worked really hard for my gear, and I am not just crying "plat users" because I am lazy. Please don't assume things about people you don't know. I will kindly refrain from posting me assumptions about you.

I hope this didn't read like a rant because that wasn't my intention. I just think that people shouldn't only look at things from a perspective that benefits just themselves.

Responses in bold

Lui Delos Santos
11-04-2013, 12:37 PM
non plat users are getting out of the game!!
QUESTION? W/O THOSE NON PLAT USERS OR ORDINARY PLAYERS .DO YOU THINK THIS
GAME WOULD BE NICE??WHAT IM TRYING TO SAY IS .DONT GIVE A REASON TO
NON PLAT USERS TO DONT PLAY ANYMORE AL CAUSE THEY CANT FIGHT IN PVP...YES AFFCOURSE PVP IS NOT
THE ONLY WAY TO ENJOY THIS GAME BUT THIS IS A BIGPART OF THE GAME TO MAKE FUN SINCE
ITS RPG GAME!!WE DONT WANT TO SPEND ENTIRE TOME JUST TO HUNT AND EARN A LIL GOLD

JaytB
11-04-2013, 12:55 PM
Responses in bold

If I was talking about you, I would've quoted you. Stop taking things personal.

Ow, and I encourage you to post your 'thoughts about me' if it would make you feel any better.

Haligali
11-04-2013, 01:50 PM
Can i socket 3 gems into a leprechaunt pendant? (its mythic)

Samhayne
11-04-2013, 02:45 PM
Can i socket 3 gems into a leprechaunt pendant? (its mythic)

Yes, you will be able to socket 3 gems into a Leprechaun Pendant when the system goes live.

Haligali
11-04-2013, 02:47 PM
Yes, you will be able to socket 3 gems into a Leprechaun Pendant when the system goes live.

Hehe nice

JaytB
11-04-2013, 02:48 PM

That's good news!

Instanthumor
11-04-2013, 02:50 PM
I agree that giving 2 slots to legendary and 3 slots to mythic and arcane further widens the gap between those that have mythic and arcane and those that don't. For a full set of mythic vs legendary gear (weapon, helm, armor, ring and amulet) this equates to a difference of 5 slots or a minimum of 15 and a maximum of 30 (for a superior bond) stat points. This difference is huge! Please sts, reconsider. This will make elite legendary gear even more worthless than it already is, making this a game even more exclusively for plat spenders, merchs and scammers. Just my humble opinion.

STG, it's not too late! Please reconsider!
IMAGINE THE CHAOS

Sibayjing
11-04-2013, 04:59 PM
One question :)

If I upgrade my lvl 26 mythic helm with gem, can I upgrade this same helm at lvl 36 and keep the bonus gem?
Or I will restart my upgrade with gems once my helm will be lvl 36

Urm
11-04-2013, 05:40 PM
you need plat to craft?

JaytB
11-04-2013, 05:51 PM
you need plat to craft?

Nope, at least not in STS's original proposition.

Lovingly
11-04-2013, 05:52 PM
so confused and i read this 5th times

Justg
11-04-2013, 05:56 PM
you need plat to craft?

No you do not.

Bullox
11-05-2013, 03:49 AM
I don't like this upgrade System, because it's the next Gamble thing ingame...

I'm no 'lucky' Player and i'm sure i need a lot of Gems and time/Plat for getting a Superior Bond......

I'm sure, at the beginning the Players love it and maybe spend some Plat for it and then they complain about their luck....

Sry but i'm really tired of all these luck systems ingame.....

Instanthumor
11-05-2013, 03:51 AM
I'm curious, which weekend exactly is this going to be released? (I need to plan my plat buying days for this month ahead of time)

JaytB
11-05-2013, 12:19 PM
I don't like this upgrade System, because it's the next Gamble thing ingame...

I'm no 'lucky' Player and i'm sure i need a lot of Gems and time/Plat for getting a Superior Bond......

I'm sure, at the beginning the Players love it and maybe spend some Plat for it and then they complain about their luck....

Sry but i'm really tired of all these luck systems ingame.....

I have to agree on the luck based part.

Maybe chances for a superior bond won't be super low though, at least I hope so.

Zuzeq
11-05-2013, 12:53 PM
I think if gems must be purchasable via plat you should be able to procure a GeM that will grant a definite top bond. I think crates give us enough of the "Pay plat for a chance for something great" effect. If not, they should be 100% farmable.

Bluevaporz
11-05-2013, 02:11 PM

Hi Sam,

But would the stats of the socketed gems be at the lowest scale since the Leprechaun Pendant is only a lvl 1 item? Likewise with the mythic amulets, rings, and arcane maul? Would the gem stats on those items not match up to a lvl 36 item.

Primeblades
11-05-2013, 04:05 PM
Epic idea :D but i think it would add more strategy to it if the gems didnt just increase stats but also maybe certain gems added bonuses to certain abilities like a green gem may increase how much the heal ability heals by 10 percent or something like that. This way you could stack gems and create an awesome strategy to make your character more unique and special! Also having gems have different abilities will create a higher and lower demand for different gems!

Alhuntrazeck
11-06-2013, 05:32 AM
When you get gems, are they in levels? If I get essences combined in my l15 will the gem be 15? If so, will that work in upgrading l36 mythic weapons?

Bullox
11-06-2013, 09:13 AM
When you get gems, are they in levels? If I get essences combined in my l15 will the gem be 15? If so, will that work in upgrading l36 mythic weapons?

If i read correct, the Gems have absolute no Stats or levels. That means, it doesn't matter If u create your Gems with your Main Char or with any Twink.....
More Twinks = more Gems :)

Tenetra
11-06-2013, 10:30 AM
I hope essenses can be acquired via quests, just to not meddle with the inventory

Like how we upgrade the mythic weapons, because if essenses are items that will consume inventory slots I can just imagine how we can loot multiple varieties of essenses and full our inventory...

Scenario:
Oh I just looted a fire essense 9 more to go wooot woot.... then I happen to loot an ice essense (yey? uhm 9 more to go also... fast forward

Uhm ok I got 6 fire essense, 7 ice essense, and 8 water essense... uhm do I delete these? (question to self) but I worked so hard for these and these are really hard to loot and I'm not using any plat yet :( huhuhu if only it can be traded or if only its a quest?

Note: This is just how I picture the future, let's also consider new players?

Tenetra
11-06-2013, 10:37 AM
I want to ask if the upgrading system has any risk involved? because if an item is easily upgradable, it would make the upgrade system very mechanic.

e.g. If it cost 10k gold to upgrade a slot and the cost gradually increases depending on level and number of slots then it would just be a money game..

I'm just asking about the future

Frekken
11-06-2013, 10:39 AM
stashable maybe...lets see it in the screen first to know for sure.but maybe some dev could give us a light here

mapenjay
11-06-2013, 10:54 AM
its just like clash of clans, players who dont use gems must wait and for those who use must take the advantage for what they have pay

thats the reality guys, better stop complaining on plats users and not

Adrian Dechavez
11-06-2013, 12:17 PM
As i notice lots of people asking for more visual effects on thier stuffs depending on how many upgrade they did with their stuffs and the game would be balance if The gems have lvl for each. Slot lets say on the
first slot (lv1 str gem) second slot(lv2 str gem) third( lv3 str gem)..

then this is how to upgrade gem level:

to make a lvl 2 str gem you need to combine two lvl1 str gem
(Strlv1) + (strlv1) = (strlv2)

Then to make a lv3 str gem
You need to combine two lv2str gem
(Strlv2) + (strlv2) = (strlv3)

The stats of the gems should remain still the same..
My concern is to make the game balance because if every one can easily upgrade their stuff the game would be really unfair to those players who cant afford to upgrade

The more huge glow effect may incourage players to upgrade thier stuffs

inkredible
11-06-2013, 04:00 PM
sorry that i didnt bother going thru the whole thread
but - i heard somethin about the upgraded items being tradeable? is there an information section regarding trading upgraded items if it is tradeable

Samdegreat
11-06-2013, 05:46 PM
Platinum is always involved..... *sigh*

Carapace
11-06-2013, 06:09 PM
Platinum is always involved..... *sigh*

but never required. :)

Carapace
11-06-2013, 06:10 PM
If i read correct, the Gems have absolute no Stats or levels. That means, it doesn't matter If u create your Gems with your Main Char or with any Twink.....
More Twinks = more Gems :)

Essences will be bound as non-tradeable and non-stashable on a per character basis.

Ninthplague
11-06-2013, 08:10 PM
I have a question about gemmed items, example I gemmed my lepre at lvl20, will the added bonus also increase as my character lvl goes up or will it be stuck at lvl20 bonus

:::lol i just read that gem bonus depends on the lvl of the item, and a lvl10 item adds 1-2 bonus, may I know what gem bonus is for lvl1 item like lepre?

Samhayne
11-06-2013, 10:18 PM
I'm curious, which weekend exactly is this going to be released? (I need to plan my plat buying days for this month ahead of time)

We are at the mercy of the Apple app approval process and cannot give you a specific date, sorry.

Milan Lame Man
11-07-2013, 04:27 AM
Socketing a Gem is not a trivial task and takes time. While an item is having a Gem socketed, it is not available for use.

Just a thought: Encouraging people to *stop* playing is never a good thing.

Theillist1
11-07-2013, 09:36 AM
This will work for Helms, Armor, Rings, Amulets, and Weapons

Will this work on lvls 1-9?

Sent from my N860 using Tapatalk 2

drawfflerz
11-08-2013, 12:15 PM
Like the way what cero talked about :) its so trueee. To people who denied him, is only a rich and mythic or arcane user only. Dont care about expensive or cheap item. The value is depend on the item with gems. Maybe the 35 lvl of entombed warfare with 3 gems can beat mythic or arcane weapon.. maybe.

Zeus
11-09-2013, 10:32 AM
Like the way what cero talked about :) its so trueee. To people who denied him, is only a rich and mythic or arcane user only. Dont care about expensive or cheap item. The value is depend on the item with gems. Maybe the 35 lvl of entombed warfare with 3 gems can beat mythic or arcane weapon.. maybe.

Than what is the point of a mythic or arcane item?

Assumptions
11-09-2013, 10:53 AM

If I upgrade my lvl 26 mythic helm with gem, can I upgrade this same helm at lvl 36 and keep the bonus gem?

Please dev, answer this question ^ :concern:

Thx.

Crowsfoot
11-09-2013, 06:50 PM
They already answered this twice now.

The answer is no, you will lose the gems you bonded to the lvl26 and 31 items once they are upgraded to lvl36.

Mrmalibog
11-10-2013, 01:54 PM
I think this'll be much cool if TWINKS player will be able to participate in this upcomming new SYSTEM

Excuses
11-11-2013, 09:50 AM

This is my question too.
Please answer dev.

And if you have no intention to change this system, how about giving all items 3 slots and make superior bond's success rate not low?
Then there will be not too big gap between legendary and mythics.
I agree mythic should be better than legendary, but then we will lose the point of farming arena and elite which already not many people do..

Zeus
11-11-2013, 11:46 AM
This is my question too.
Please answer dev.

And if you have no intention to change this system, how about giving all items 3 slots and make superior bond's success rate not low?
Then there will be not too big gap between legendary and mythics.
I agree mythic should be better than legendary, but then we will lose the point of farming arena and elite which already not many people do..

It was literally answered on the same page that you're posting on...

Excuses
11-11-2013, 10:19 PM
It was literally answered on the same page that you're posting on...

Oops.
Thanks.
:)

Bullox
11-12-2013, 10:10 AM
We are at the mercy of the Apple app approval process and cannot give you a specific date, sorry.
Sam that's no Problem! You can release! We Android Users create Gems for the Apple Players :)

Uzii
11-12-2013, 04:01 PM
... how about giving all items 3 slots ..

I like this. Giving all (epics, legendaries, mythics, aracne) 3 slots. Nothing is left out and owner of the weapon can choose what to upgrade. Mythics and arcanes still will be the best. With one slot r epic items not worth to upgrade, but with 3...
This will bring more diversity to the game, to the market... Epic items will get some value.

HeartlessR
11-12-2013, 04:35 PM
What i'd like to know is how weak are the gems going to be from 30-36... Example is a epic bling bauble of potency going to be on par with fang when both fully upgraded because it is 36 and fang is 30 ?

markuselliot
11-12-2013, 10:12 PM
Epic, mythic and arcane items should all have three slots. To solve the power imbalance in game it could be done by setting rules like for mythic and arcane items their slots should be filled with stones of increasing rarity. Mythic and arcane items are more easily accessed by plats user, rich people, farmers, YES!! They put in lots of time effort, real money on plats is also effort, so rare items are the rewards. If those who still only wear epic or pinks and yelling this unfair and that unfair. Yes world is unfair. There are also elite chests that are free and farmable, only if u are less skillful you have to die many times for one.

Another suggestion will be breaking down unused pinks, epics to gemstone two grades lower than the original (if u really mean epic is the highest rank for gemstone). Say, two pinks can be broken down into one green stone. This can totally deal with the unused or even rubbish pinks after the bloodbath of any events concerned with locked crates abuse.

VanRah
11-13-2013, 03:23 AM
What i'd like to know is how weak are the gems going to be from 30-36... Example is a epic bling bauble of potency going to be on par with fang when both fully upgraded because it is 36 and fang is 30 ?

I also would like to know it

epicrrr
11-13-2013, 06:28 AM
Sam that's no Problem! You can release! We Android Users create Gems for the Apple Players :)

HAHA that we will nom nom nom!

Prahasit Prahi
11-14-2013, 08:21 AM

actually the server changes now..New clients come...so they won't even be in your list who uses the older version :)

herculeans
11-15-2013, 11:14 PM
Why apple is so slow google is fast

Lazzuardi
11-17-2013, 09:34 AM
Agree :D

James R. Bajande
11-18-2013, 04:40 AM
Hello I'm glad if you add one of the forging system the other game has, like the dragon nest. One of the forging system they had is the +1 +2 +3 system. If you upgrade the gears or weapon with a certain gem, they will have +1 +2 +3 or in short gear level. Because I certainly like the DN but I can't play it because my brother always use the laptop so I'M know play with mobile then found this awesome game. So please add their forging system. And also if the gear level reaches lvl 10+ it has special effects like it has a blue fire on it. And also there are succesful and unsuccessful forging upgrade like if you upgrade your gear w/
A lvl 5+ the percentage of successful forging goes down so if you are lucky you will upgrade your gear and if not your gear will be destroyed permanently. If you don'tt want your gear to be destroyed you must buy a protectin jelly.
That's all thank you. It's up to you if you'll add this. If will then I wuold really love this just awesome and cool game ever played.