PDA

View Full Version : question on mage mythic staff proc

ipredator
10-30-2013, 01:15 PM
well after couple of tests, the proc of the staff has almost immortality, due to the epic damage reduce.. here are few pictures while hitting aimshots.

the pictures might not be very detailed. but on a charged aimshot with 3 stacks and a critical. i did hit a 448.

wanna hear your comments and point of view. ty :)

Deadroth
10-30-2013, 01:19 PM
Rogues have mages 'immortality' on buff too.. shield..

ipredator
10-30-2013, 01:21 PM
i dont remember taking almost no damage when shield on.. matter of fact i died alot while on shield

Zeus
10-30-2013, 01:22 PM
Rogues have mages 'immortality' on buff too.. shield..

Hey Deadroth; the shield takes around 1100 damage. This immortality iPredator has described lasts the entire duration of the proc. Also, if I recall when these weapons were released, "immortality" was not listed as a benefit of the mythic mage staff/scythe.

keikali
10-30-2013, 01:23 PM
Oh look Rogues talking about OP Mages!

Deadroth
10-30-2013, 01:24 PM
Well, Apollo, I am not a rogue, so i didn't test the blades buff.. albeit, I think mages had to have their 'better' 3 months... There will come time for rogues, there is no nerf needed. It is only good buff to mythic staff. And it is at last balanced against crit of the aimed...

Another nerf thread.. Fabulous.

ipredator
10-30-2013, 01:26 PM
Oh look Rogues talking about OP Mages!

please do read correctly.. i said nothing about MAGES BEING OVERPOWERED.

ipredator
10-30-2013, 01:27 PM
Well, Apollo, I am not a rogue, so i didn't test the blades buff.. albeit, I think mages had to have their 'better' 3 months... There will come time for rogues, there is no nerf needed. It is only good buff to mythic staff. And it is at last balanced against crit of the aimed...

Another nerf thread.. Fabulous.

so when you do waste about 1.5k mana on a non shield mage with proc.. and yet doesnt die, counts as " better " month ?

Deadroth
10-30-2013, 01:27 PM
please do read correctly.. i said nothing about MAGES BEING OVERPOWERED.

So that 'almost immortality buff' was pointless as i suppose?

so when you do waste about 1.5k mana on a non shield mage with proc.. and yet doesnt die, counts as " better " month ?

For mage. Yes.

Zeus
10-30-2013, 01:28 PM

Deadroth, many have used the mythic staff and when it procs, many consider it better than the arcane staff. If we put your logic at work, then it would also in turn be okay for warriors to have 7-8 seconds of immortality as well as rogues. The truth is, no class should have that. This was not advertised as part of the mythic staff proc, so it should be fixed. Otherwise, I forsee the mythic staffs skyrocketing.

I can empty my full mana bar on a mage that has proc'd with the staff and still not be able to kill him. Isn't that rather ridiculous? The mage doesn't even have to be geared all that well.

Honestly, a full mythic mage is plenty powerful. It does need 7-8 seconds of immortality.

KingMartin
If the staff gets nerfed, can those that invested into it get some money refunded?

I saw recently that asking support for refunds became very popular :)

ipredator
so you can read it .. its the buff of the item, not the mage in general.. as its the main point

Deadroth
10-30-2013, 01:30 PM
Deadroth, many have used the mythic staff and when it procs, many consider it better than the arcane staff. If we put your logic at work, then it would also in turn be okay for warriors to have 7-8 seconds of immortality as well as rogues. The truth is, no class should have that. This was not advertised as part of the mythic staff proc, so it should be fixed. Otherwise, I forsee the mythic staffs skyrocketing.

I can empty my full mana bar on a mage that has proc'd with the staff and still not be able to kill him. Isn't that rather ridiculous? The mage doesn't even have to be geared all that well.

Honestly, a full mythic mage is plenty powerful. It does need 7-8 seconds of immortality.

Erm.. It is lottery.. It have procs sometimes.. and sometimes don't have procs.. Same about crits of aimed, nox.. Sometimes yes.. sometimes not..

I wouldn't say it is better than Arcane.

Zeus
10-30-2013, 01:30 PM
If the staff gets nerfed, can those that invested into it get some money refunded?

I saw recently that asking support for refunds became very popular :)

No stats are getting nerfed. Those who used it probably wouldn't have noticed it in the first place until it was brought up. The advertised proc and stats should still remain. However, this 7-8 seconds of immortality should be removed.

Zeus
10-30-2013, 01:32 PM
Erm.. It is lottery.. It have procs sometimes.. and sometimes don't have procs.. Same about crits of aimed, nox.. Sometimes yes.. sometimes not..

Deadroth, if I'm correct, you do not own mythic items, correct?

So, how are you going to give an opinion on something you have never used or tested? That in itself is illogical. Mythic weapons proc quite often. Often enough for it to be noticed when a mage can suddenly tank as well as a warrior due to a proc.

Deadroth
No stats are getting nerfed. Those who used it probably wouldn't have noticed it in the first place until it was brought up. The advertised proc and stats should still remain. However, this 7-8 seconds of immortality should be removed.

So it is immortality.. Nah.. This is only damage absorb against rogues.

Be cool with it.. In next season we will try to get off great bonuses from Your arcane bows and mythic bows..

ipredator
the main point is the immortality proc.. you're just messed up with other threads.. i didnt say nerf the staff..

Zeus
10-30-2013, 01:34 PM
So it is immortality.. Nah.. This is only damage absorb against rogues.

Be cool with it.. In next season we will try to get off great bonuses from Your arcane bows and mythic bows..

It's a glitch. This proc was not advertised in the weapon when they were released. Why are you defending an exploit so adamantly?

Limsi
Why do people think each class should have a better "month/moment" and yet these same people sought for overall balance? Let's hear the devs on this one.

Deadroth
the main point is the immortality proc.. you're just messed up with other threads.. i didnt say nerf the staff..

Ofc.. So what is main point of that thread? Ipredy, You posted this to just show how good is that staff, and to agree with me how cool it is? Or You wanted to get off that bonus (nerf it) ?

PS. Apollo.. Maybe it is secret proc.. Or Samm is just op mage.

Just wait for what Dev will say, for now. Mages. prepare for taking out that 'secret buff', go to pvp!

ipredator
10-30-2013, 01:36 PM
Ofc.. So what is main point of that thread? Ipredy, You posted this to just show how good is that staff, and to agree with me how cool it is? Or You wanted to get off that bonus (nerf it) ?

above was mentioned stats buff.. thats why i said that.. if immortality was mentioned in the proc.. then this thread is pointless i agree

Zeus
10-30-2013, 01:36 PM

It is more powerful than the arcane staff. This proc absorbs ANY incoming damage. The facts are there, you can't argue with them.

Deadroth
10-30-2013, 01:38 PM
It is more powerful than the arcane staff. This proc absorbs ANY incoming damage. The facts are there, you can't argue with them.

Hmm.. ANY? Time to buff Arcane staff then :)

Zeus
10-30-2013, 01:42 PM
Hmm.. ANY? Time to buff Arcane staff then :)

They would have to buff the arcane staff to at least 750-900 damage then, considering the staff reduces roughly 90% of incoming damage.

Does that seem logical AT ALL to you? You're letting your biased judgement get in the way.

Crowsfoot
10-30-2013, 01:42 PM
The last class to be labled with OP armor is mages. I fight mages and rouges, and I have never had the thought "wow these mages are imortal." I have issues with the rouge class' insane dodge chances, but I recognize each class has their strengths.

Aka: there is no nerf or buff needed atm. (IMO)

Zeus
10-30-2013, 01:45 PM
The last class to be labled with OP armor is mages. I fight mages and rouges, and I have never had the thought "wow these mages are imortal." I have issues with the rouge class' insane dodge chances, but I recognize each class has their strengths.

Aka: there is no nerf or buff needed atm. (IMO)

There is no question about the buff of mages. This is an non-advertised proc that essentially grants 8 seconds of invulnerability. Try testing it in PvP?

csyui
10-30-2013, 01:47 PM
Are you talking about the halloween or original one?
This thread is a headache for potential buyers of mythic staff, like me.:sour:

Emmacheese
10-30-2013, 01:47 PM
Want to sell Arcane Staff - Want to buy Mythic Staff! To be invulnerable for 8 seconds? And you guys are saying this doesn't need a nerf? Am I reading this right :dread:

Zeus
10-30-2013, 01:50 PM
Are you talking about the halloween or original one?
This thread is a headache for potential buyers of mythic staff, like me.:sour:

It applies to both staffs.

falmear
10-30-2013, 01:52 PM
The proc doesn't say that it does damage reduction, what it says is chance to reduce enemy armor and hit 15%. I don't know if the new mythic staff has the same proc description as the old one. Also from the 3 screen shots you only are debuffed in one of them and the staff isn't procing in that pic. So I am not sure how you can say its immortal when in the pic you aren't being debuffed in 2 of them. The red icon in the first pic I believe is the damage reduction.

keikali
10-30-2013, 01:53 PM
I for one can't really voice an opinion on this since I have not had the opportunity to use one yet. Anyone care to lend one to me to test? *snickers*

Zeus
10-30-2013, 01:53 PM
The proc doesn't say that it does damage reduction, what it says is chance to reduce enemy armor and hit 15%. I don't know if the new mythic staff has the same proc description as the old one. Also from the 3 screen shots you only are debuffed in one of them and the staff isn't procing in that pic. So I am not sure how you can say its immortal when in the pic you aren't being debuffed in 2 of them. The red icon in the first pic I believe is the damage reduction.

We will post a picture without debuffs.

Here's the procs of the mythic staff according to Sam:

Sorcerer Staff

Rogue Shield Calculation: For clarification the shield on the rogue uses the same stats for calculating as the Sorcerer. Namely, strength and intelligence. The exact calculation is:

(((2.5*strength)+intelligence)*3.5)

Procs: All of these weapons have procs where the effects of that proc decay over time. For example, the Rogue Daggers has a crit buff and shield for the proc. The effect of the buff to crit decays quickly over time. To make the best use of that buff, you'll probably want to react to the proc going off by firing off your most damaging ability immediately so you have a better chance for a crit.

Here is the breakdown on the stats that diminish from the time of the proc, until the proc goes away:

Crit on both Sorcerer and Rogue weapon starts at +15% Crit for .5s, then 10% for 1s, 6% for 1s, 3% for 1s, 1% for 1s

Armor for the Warrior Glaive starts at +1000 for 1s, then 500 for 1s, 250 for 1s, 150 for 1s, 75 for 1s

Happy Mythic Hunting!

Joncheese
10-30-2013, 01:55 PM
well after couple of tests, the proc of the staff has almost immortality, due to the epic damage reduce.. here are few pictures while hitting aimshots.

the pictures might not be very detailed. but on a charged aimshot with 3 stacks and a critical. i did hit a 448.

wanna hear your comments and point of view. ty :)

Hey Pred, thanks for sharing this.

I was actually with these guys when they were testing, they did it so many times. IMO the staff is OP and that's coming from mages point of view. No class should have immortality of any kind (warriors should be closest to it, as that's what they do) and if there is a 7-8 second glitch then it SHOULD be nerfed. Shoot me down, i don't care, but I agree with it.

The mythic weapons are meant to be mythic, NOT Arcane. Ive spent all my gold and bought what I presume to be the best Mage weapon in the game only to find out that the mythic weapon grants immortality. I mean what the hell is that? With this proc you are invulnerable for 7-8 seconds. That's an entire 1v1 fight or if it continues to proc, a whole battle of 5v5.

As for mages having their day, I don't agree. Every class goes through a period of OP, it's always happened and it will always happen, but it is still possible to kill the other classes that have 'had their day.' This is not a day, this is an entire week.

Nerf it, put it to bed and be done with it. It's clearly a design flaw and not an intentional feature, just like the Pirate rings. Only difference is that the staff won't lose money, because at the end of the day it's still a good weapon.

Crowsfoot
10-30-2013, 01:55 PM

Also, we never saw your pic of a 448 crit aimed shot. I know they can deal as little as 200-300 when I proc and debuff rouges.

Crowsfoot
10-30-2013, 01:57 PM
Hey Pred, thanks for sharing this.

I was actually with these guys when they were testing, they did it so many times. IMO the staff is OP and that's coming from mages point of view. No class should have immortality of any kind (warriors should be closest to it, as that's what they do) and if there is a 7-8 second glitch then it SHOULD be nerfed. Shoot me down, i don't care, but I agree with it.

The mythic weapons are meant to be mythic, NOT Arcane. Ive spent all my gold and bought what I presume to be the best Mage weapon in the game only to find out that the mythic weapon grants immortality. I mean what the hell is that? With this proc you are invulnerable for 7-8 seconds. That's an entire 1v1 fight or if it continues to proc, a whole battle of 5v5.

As for mages having their day, I don't agree. Every class goes through a period of OP, it's always happened and it will always happen, but it is still possible to kill the other classes that have 'had their day.' This is not a day, this is an entire week.

Nerf it, put it to bed and be done with it. It's clearly a design flaw and not an intentional feature, just like the Pirate rings. Only difference is that the staff won't lose money, because at the end of the day it's still a good weapon.

Did they change the proc? Blacky did much better against me in 1v1 with your arcane staff than she does with her mythic staff.

Hinataa
10-30-2013, 02:02 PM
Mhmmmmmmmmm
Lol REMOVE MYTHIC STAFF PERM! BANN IT AHAHAJJAAAAJAJA

falmear
10-30-2013, 02:03 PM
You need to do a test like this:

1) Fire aimed shot without proc, record the numbers (wait at least 10 seconds between each test to clear opponents debuffs)
2) Fire aimed shot when staff procs and record numbers (wait at least 10 seconds between each test to clear opponents debuffs)

No screenshots are needed. Do this 5 times for #1 and #2. Until I see some real numbers, color me skeptical. Seems like when rogues can't one shot kill people they complain. I guess you guys need to work a little extra hard to earn your kills. Too bad I bought arcane staff, had I known this I'd have not sold my mythic staff.

ipredator
10-30-2013, 02:05 PM
well, i'll let someone from here do the testing again with me .. just PM in game if you would like to.

Crowsfoot
10-30-2013, 02:06 PM
color me skeptical

My crayons didn't come with the color "skeptical" :(

Deadroth
10-30-2013, 02:09 PM
They would have to buff the arcane staff to at least 750-900 damage then, considering the staff reduces roughly 90% of incoming damage.

Does that seem logical AT ALL to you? You're letting your biased judgement get in the way.

Hello, Developers,

It has come to my attention that when the mythic staff or scythe proc's, for the entire duration of the proc, any damage inflicted on the sorcerer is reduced by almost 99%.

When iPredator and I tested it, Aimed Shot was doing 84 damage, pierce was doing 40 damage, and nox bolt poison was doing 1 damage.

I don't think it was intended to work like that. It's almost as if the rogue mythic daggers shield was implemented into the mythic staff/scythe proc.

No i don't.. At previous posts You said it gives immortality and absorbs almost 99% of dmg...
I think You 'let Your baised judgement 'get in the way'...

But this isn't a point.

Agree with that below.

You need to do a test like this:

1) Fire aimed shot without proc, record the numbers (wait at least 10 seconds between each test to clear opponents debuffs)
2) Fire aimed shot when staff procs and record numbers (wait at least 10 seconds between each test to clear opponents debuffs)

No screenshots are needed. Do this 5 times for #1 and #2. Until I see some real numbers, color me skeptical. Seems like when rogues can't one shot kill people they complain. I guess you guys need to work a little extra hard to earn your kills. Too bad I bought arcane staff, had I known this I'd have not sold my mythic staff.

Zeus
10-30-2013, 02:15 PM
No i don't.. At previous posts You said it gives immortality and absorbs almost 99% of dmg...
I think You 'let Your baised judgement 'get in the way'...

But this isn't a point.

Agree with that below.

You keep arguing different points, Dead. Your argument has no basis, it's just because you like to argue. If I prove one thing wrong, you have another.

Can you all do us a favor and give actual arguments that are backed by testings? Otherwise, it's just basically the same thing as spreading false information.

We're currently trying to get a mythic staff mage to help test.

Deadroth
10-30-2013, 02:16 PM
You keep arguing different points, Dead. Your argument has no basis, it's just because you like to argue. If I prove one thing wrong, you have another.

Can you all do us a favor and give actual arguments that are backed by testings? Otherwise, it's just basically the same thing as spreading false information.

We're currently trying to get a mythic staff mage to help test.

When You will test, You can nerf, and argue lol.. *Said to rogue who love to 'prove his right'*

PS. I have learned from master (above)

And spreading 'false information' is telling the staff absorbs 99% when it absorbes for example 90%.. Ik.. treat it as You would like to Apollo.

Crowsfoot
10-30-2013, 02:19 PM
I'm tired of this bandering. Shut up and test it the way Falmear suggested.

@Apollo: dead quoted falmears post in suport so he does have a position.

@Deadroth: stop ridiculing rouges and give unbiased reasoning please.

Deadroth
10-30-2013, 02:21 PM
I'm tired of this bandering. Shut up and test it the way Falmear suggested.

@Apollo: dead quoted falmears post in suport so he does have a position.

@Deadroth: stop ridiculing rouges and give unbiased reasoning please.

I am ridiculing only 'posting' before testing Crow, When rogues are doing that.. On random numbers... I do same to show them how much that can be annoying :)

Next time, when someone will notice a 'bug' lets say.. He will test it twice to shut my mouth from getting him mad. That is whole point (as Apollo said) of mine ' discussing' in that thread. But ok ok.. They will try to prove it earlier.. or later... so i better go to pvp to watch how they r wasting their mana.

Zeus
10-30-2013, 02:21 PM
Ok, I just tested.

Without any pets on or buff, my aimed shot hit 2100 (critical) on a non pet mage with staff.

When he proc'd, I hit him again and I hit a critical for 545.

None of us attacked each other.

falmear
10-30-2013, 02:22 PM
Also I would dismiss your pets so you don't get confused with pet damage.

Crowsfoot
10-30-2013, 02:25 PM
Ok, I just tested.

Without any pets on or buff, my aimed shot hit 2100 (critical) on a non pet mage with staff.

Are those the numbers without criting?

Testing with crits won't calculate the true damage reduction. Example:

(A x Ak) / (B x Bk) = Y

The constant of k is affected by the value of its trial, and therefore does not cancle out during division to derive the percentage of damage that was reduced.

We need to test: A / B = Y
Where: (1 - Y) x 100 = the percentage of damage reduced.

falmear
10-30-2013, 02:26 PM
Ok, I just tested.

If this is the case and the devs confirm it as a bug. And not working as intended. Then they should fix it. Whether its working as intended or not only the devs can say. If it is working as intended and just "OP". Then I the devs will have to decide if it gets nerfed or not. Its about 75% damage reduction which is pretty nice. :)

Deadroth
10-30-2013, 02:27 PM
Ok, I just tested.

This is enough to kill me XD
Ofc. Good job on testing it. And could i know, Apollo.. I will how much it absorbes when You will do two tests more. To avoid the mistake.

Zeus
10-30-2013, 02:27 PM

As specified, with proc, it crits 545 on aimed shot. Without proc, I have crit 2100 and a max of 2435 crit. These are with no pets and no debuffs. We are not even attacking each other.

Non-Proc Numbers:
• 801 (noncrit)
• 700 (noncrit)
• 1051 (noncrit)
• 2100 (crit)
• 2435 (crit)

Proc Numbers:
• 167 (noncrit)
• 201 (noncrit)
• 243 (noncrit)
• 545 (crit)
• 435 (crit)

Note, these are all done with charged aimed shot with no pets equipped or debuffs. Alfai is a witness to this as well.

The mage we tested with goes by the name Hallun.

Zeus
10-30-2013, 02:33 PM
I'll post a video upon request as well.

Crowsfoot
10-30-2013, 02:36 PM
Please do a trial of about 10-20 for both A and B. Additionally, make sure that you wait for that armor debuff from aimed to cool off.

Ps: since it is damage reduction a skill like shadow pierce may be easier to tests (no debuffs/buffs). This is just a precaution to remove any inconsistency (even accidental ones).

falmear
10-30-2013, 02:37 PM
As specified, with proc, it crits 545 on aimed shot. Without proc, I have crit 2100 and a max of 2435 crit. These are with no pets and no debuffs. We are not even attacking each other.

Non-Proc Numbers:
• 801 (noncrit)
• 700 (noncrit)
• 1051 (noncrit)
• 2100 (crit)
• 2435 (crit)

Proc Numbers:
• 167 (noncrit)
• 201 (noncrit)
• 243 (noncrit)
• 545 (crit)
• 435 (crit)

Note, these are all done with charged aimed shot with no pets equipped or debuffs. Alfai is a witness to this as well.

The mage we tested with goes by the name Hallun.

Probably needs to be fixed. I know the staff procs fairly often, more then the arcane staff. Don't know what the original intent is because this is not in the proc description. But my guess could be that mythic daggers and mythic staff share some code since they have similar diminishing crit, so the staff maybe procing a shield. I believe the shield has the same formula as the mage shield. If this is the reason because of bad copy & paste coding they should also look at the mythic daggers to make sure they don't have any extra features as well. This is just a wild guess on my part, only devs can confirm.

Crowsfoot
10-30-2013, 02:37 PM

Testing with crits won't calculate the true damage reduction. Example:

(A x Ak) / (B x Bk) = Y

The constant of k is affected by the value of its trial, and therefore does not cancle out during division to derive the percentage of damage that was reduced.

We need to test: A / B = Y
Where: (1 - Y) x 100 = the percentage of damage reduced.

I was a little late to add these equations, it was underscored so many times I figured I should pull down to the most recent.

Crowsfoot
10-30-2013, 02:40 PM
Probably needs to be fixed. I know the staff procs fairly often, more then the arcane staff. Don't know what the original intent is because this is not in the proc description. But my guess could be that mythic daggers and mythic staff share some code since they have similar diminishing crit, so the staff maybe procing a shield. I believe the shield has the same formula as the mage shield. If this is the reason because of bad copy & paste coding they should also look at the mythic daggers to make sure they don't have any extra features as well. This is just a wild guess on my part, only devs can confirm.

Based on current numbers of 74-87% damage reduction, there may be a glitch. However I want a higher test sample. Say 20-30 for each trial (A and B)?

Zeus
10-30-2013, 02:51 PM
Based on current numbers of 74-87% damage reduction, there may be a glitch. However I want a higher test sample. Say 20-30 for each trial (A and B)?

We did a full combo on a mage it got him to 2/3 health with staff proc...

Crowsfoot
10-30-2013, 02:55 PM
Please stick to hard tests. I'm tempted to say this mage is just a boss. Not to mention his final hp is skewed by heal. Stick to hard numbers so we can say "the damage reduction is [...] as proven, and it was stated to be [...] please fix this as soon as possible." As programmers the people at sts will see more value in hard numbers, imo.

falmear
10-30-2013, 02:56 PM

I don't think its necessary because there is an obvious trend even with the small sample size. You can't discount the numbers or explain away it in any other manner then something is happening. What that something is only people who can look at the code can tell us. The only thing that can reduce damage like that is a mage shield. And at most is you get is 45% (with upgrade) damage reduction and shield drops after so much damage is absorbed. To have 74-87% damage reduction on a proc is a bit much even if its working as designed. Look at it the other way, I haven't tested against the rogue shield. But if they had this kind of damage reduction, we'd be pissed off too.

Crowsfoot
10-30-2013, 02:58 PM
I don't think its necessary because there is an obvious trend even with the small sample size. You can't discount the numbers or explain away it in any other manner then something is happening. What that something is only people who can look at the code can tell us. The only thing that can reduce damage like that is a mage shield. And at most is you get is 45% (with upgrade) damage reduction and shield drops after so much damage is absorbed. To have 74-87% damage reduction on a proc is a bit much even if its working as designed. Look at it the other way, I haven't tested against the rogue shield. But if they had this kind of damage reduction, we'd be pissed off too.

When the range is greater than 30% of the value of the mean you need a larger sample size than three.

Zeus
10-30-2013, 03:00 PM
Video is processing and uploading, it will take about 15 minutes.

Excuse the lag, I don't have my MBR currently so using the older version which struggles when video recording games.

Zeus
10-30-2013, 03:02 PM
Please stick to hard tests. I'm tempted to say this mage is just a boss. Not to mention his final hp is skewed by heal. Stick to hard numbers so we can say "the damage reduction is [...] as proven, and it was stated to be [...] please fix this as soon as possible." As programmers the people at sts will see more value in hard numbers, imo.

We tested on 3 different mages now; it is all the same. I'm uploading a video with tests on OrangeKahel. To emphasize the extend of how much damage it covers, we emptied a full combo on OrangeKahel which resulted in all critical hits. Despite this, his health barely dropped to 2/3.

Hard numbers are included in the video as well.

Zeus
10-30-2013, 03:03 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BN6JP-bmrQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BN6JP-bmrQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Video is up!

falmear
10-30-2013, 03:06 PM
When the range is greater than 30% of the value of the mean you need a larger sample size than three.

All I am saying is the developers should investigate, do some testing and check the code. Its not the first time stuff doesn't work as they intended. And not always can we prove things 100% since all we see is the end result which is variable. In my mind someone should look at it.

Zeus
10-30-2013, 03:07 PM
Oh... lol. Now I realize why I was lagging. I had Solaris 11 and Fedora dual booted as well running in different virtual spaces.

Crowsfoot
10-30-2013, 03:08 PM
I saw slightly different numbers than previously listed (this is a plus because the sample group was tighter)

Crowsfoot
10-30-2013, 03:10 PM
70% damage reduction is ridiculous. I conceed, there is a glitch

Zeus
10-30-2013, 03:10 PM
I saw slightly different numbers than previously listed (this is a plus because the sample group was tighter)

There were 3 different tests. Aimed shot is known to have vastly varying numbers.

This is one of the tests I recorded.

Zeus
10-30-2013, 03:11 PM
70% damage reduction. That's ridiculous. I conceed, there is a glitch

It's definitely over 70% considering there was a 2.9k crit in that video.

keikali
10-30-2013, 03:13 PM
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?122011-Mythic-Staff-Invunerability-Glitch&p=1317337#post1317337

Lojack replied. It is indeed a glitch and will be fixed in the next update.

Crowsfoot
10-30-2013, 03:16 PM
It's definitely over 70% considering there was a 2.9k crit in that video.

I removed anomalous data to get a more concise average, I then rounded down to a whole number divisable by 10. The purpose was to get a number that is below actuallity, thus ensuring unfounded complaints can be easilly dismissed, and also making it easier for the average teen/young adult to understand. I.E. 70% > 15%

ipredator
10-30-2013, 03:17 PM
well.. looks like its not pointless after all. ty apollo :)

Zeus
10-30-2013, 03:19 PM
I removed anomalous data to get a more concise average, I then rounded down to a whole number divisable by 10. The purpose was to get a number that is below actuallity, thus ensuring unfounded complaints can be easilly dismissed, and also making it easier for the average teen/young adult to understand. I.E. 70% > 15%

Ah, sounds good. :)

However, if we wanted a more accurate range on averages, we would need to do far more testing because you and I both know that aimed shot is an untamed beast. It can either hit ridiculously high or very low.

blakadder
10-30-2013, 03:26 PM
I have a serious deja vu sensation now.... windmill glitch and all the naysayers claiming its impossible that was a glitch. noone learns from history

Crowsfoot
10-30-2013, 03:26 PM
Ah, sounds good. :)

However, if we wanted a more accurate range on averages, we would need to do far more testing because you and I both know that aimed shot is an untamed beast. It can either hit ridiculously high or very low.

Keikali posted a link, STS knows this is a glitch and is fixing it next update. There is no point wasting our time if they are already fixing it.

Zeus
10-30-2013, 03:29 PM
Keikali posted a link, STS knows this is a glitch and is fixing it next update. There is no point wasting our time if they are already fixing it.

True, I was just saying since you took the time to figure out an accurate damage reduction rate.

Alfai
10-30-2013, 03:31 PM
Ive witnessed it.it does absord 90prcnt dmg.apollo hits not even 10prcnt dmg on opponents hp.

Crowsfoot
10-30-2013, 03:33 PM
True, I was just saying since you took the time to figure out an accurate damage reduction rate.

I am very used to wasting my time. Tbh I used the calulator on my tablet using split screen, was only a few minutes.

Nesox
10-30-2013, 03:36 PM
I am an almost full mythic staff user (minus ring) and I still feel like a huge underdog everyday. I can't say that the proc has made any significant difference in actuall play. I guess that I will have to change my strategy to running around enlessly spamming attack hoping for a buff. It is already difficult for a staff user to score many hits as it requires me to stand still close range where I have little chance against either a rogue or warrior in a stand up brawl. It is already difficult for mages to avoid attacks and kite. Warriors just drag us closer and rogues can easily catch up. Even if I am able, I am limited to two attacks every three seconds as I wait for my only two offensive skills to recharge. Shield is too short in duration and cool down is slow, as is the cool down for heal. As soon as the shield runs out I am a dead duck. I can't say that I had previously noticed this benefit to the staff but I can say that it doesn't result in being op in any way IMO.

I was considering selling my staff and returning to a gun for PvP, maybe now I will keep it. Thanks for all the testing.

/offtopic Since you guys are in testing mode I would love to find out what the exact effects are of Curse as well for damage reduction and returned damage.

Crowsfoot
10-30-2013, 03:44 PM
I am an almost full mythic staff user (minus ring) and I still feel like a huge underdog everyday. I can't say that the proc has made any significant difference in actuall play. I guess that I will have to change my strategy to running around enlessly spamming attack hoping for a buff. It is already difficult for a staff user to score many hits as it requires me to stand still close range where I have little chance against either a rogue or warrior in a stand up brawl. It is already difficult for mages to avoid attacks and kite. Warriors just drag us closer and rogues can easily catch up. Even if I am able, I am limited to two attacks every three seconds as I wait for my only two offensive skills to recharge. Shield is too short in duration and cool down is slow, as is the cool down for heal. As soon as the shield runs out I am a dead duck. I can't say that I had previously noticed this benefit to the staff but I can say that it doesn't result in being op in any way IMO.

I was considering selling my staff and returning to a gun for PvP, maybe now I will keep it. Thanks for all the testing.

/offtopic Since you guys are in testing mode I would love to find out what the exact effects are of Curse as well for damage reduction and returned damage.

Give me hard numbers (damage dealt by cursed and damage taken as a result) and I will find you a rough percent no problem.

All I'm doing fyi is this:

(Average A / Average B) x 100 = Y

Zeus
10-30-2013, 03:51 PM
Give me hard numbers (damage dealt by cursed and damage taken as a result) and I will find you a rough percent no problem.

Math genius. ;)

I've noticed, the second you start speaking in letters for formulas, you lose A LOT of people. Haha :p

inkredible
10-30-2013, 03:56 PM

Wow youre so smart. plis teach me how to be as smart as you.

hakoom7
10-31-2013, 02:20 AM
Ok first of all, i think all new mythic weapons procs are over power last week we were complaining about glaiv proc now about mythic staff, beside ur calculation is wrong for sure, u forgot staff gives also 30 int ? Our hp gets higher everything gets higher and ur dmg gets lower so yeah i am expecting to see differince on the numbers if proc or not proc.

Beside common is that what u guys worried about? The proc? The guy made the video 5 minuts long just becuase trying to proc -_- in pvp i proc twice the whole match, and by saying the whole match i mean a very long time that if u compare it to pve u can proc maybe 10 times if not more.

So yes i think this is just getting redicelious, sry predy and apollo but im not agreeing on this (yes cause i have mythic staff) ;)