PDA

View Full Version : Str packs need nerfs..

Heroelite
10-30-2013, 03:42 PM
Strength plat packs (warrior and paladin) are ridiculously over powered for low levels. They have been like this for a while now and nothing has been done. The armor and damage on these sets are crazy. For example, the level twenty rhino 3 pack's war-hammer damage is: 140-175 1.3 speed. That is 5 damage higher than the level THIRTY iceberg 2h and 10 levels lower. The armor on these packs are 15-20 higher than what the usual high armor is, and at low levels that is very significant. The damage on the bear sword is extremely high as well. All i see these days around 30,40, and especially 20-26 are plat packs.

Somemager
10-30-2013, 03:44 PM
Now you have to take into account that many have bought these packs so that would just be like ripping off alot of people unless they can refund all those people.

Suentous PO
10-30-2013, 03:53 PM
Now you have to take into account that many have bought these packs so that would just be like ripping off alot of people unless they can refund all those people.

It would not best be described as a rip off because although we buy things in game, we do not own our accounts, it's more like we rent them if we pay.
Things need to be tweaked and fixed, nature of the beast. I bet some bought it knowing it was unbalanced wanting to use that possibly unfair advantage.

Heroelite
10-30-2013, 03:59 PM

So what do you propose they do just leave it op? The only one to blame is themselves for trying to jump on the op bandwagon.. when it is pretty clear that they will be nerfed at one point since the gear is stronger than 2 campaigns above it. If it is not, then I believe I will have lost all hope in STG for not fixing something that an mmo producer should put pretty high up on their list. I think the plat pack users have had more than enough time to enjoy and exploit the over poweredness of the gear.

Reunegade
10-30-2013, 08:17 PM
Many people farmed forgotten bows, and that took money. And guess what, they nerfed it.

Sheugokin
10-30-2013, 08:20 PM
They really should eliminate all of these dumb plat packs. Either they are crazy underpowered or overpowered so I suggest PL drop the sets. Refund the set with a 10% increase of plat of the original plat amount.

Heroelite
10-30-2013, 08:40 PM
They really should eliminate all of these dumb plat packs. Either they are crazy underpowered or overpowered so I suggest PL drop the sets. Refund the set with a 10% increase of plat of the original plat amount.
Let's be a bit more reasonable.. and if anything the plat sets shouldn't be as powerful as lootable gear. That would just give power to plat buyers without doing any work, which is what is happening as we speak.

Roberto077
10-30-2013, 09:16 PM
Let's be a bit more reasonable.. and if anything the plat sets shouldn't be as powerful as lootable gear. That would just give power to plat buyers without doing any work, which is what is happening as we speak.

You rounded up AL in this post. Yes, the whole game.

Kingzila
10-30-2013, 10:54 PM

That's never going to happen like ever. Not only because those packs took Time to make but they would be eliminating content on something they don't want to work at the moment. So why would they create a bigger problem then they have? Just saying though I dought this would ever happen.

Kingzila
10-30-2013, 11:09 PM

Um till this post plat packs have been fine so js. Don't make it sound like us (PLAT PLAYERS) who payed for items are dogging you out of dmg please thank you. More like players that ran forgottens with almost 180 dmg now run less so now you got plat players that run loot & plat packs out gunning you.

AND ON THAT MATTER plat packs where made for lvling up past that hard lvl your on. SO MAYBE instead of saying nerf it all you should say nerf it in pvp not pve. am I right?

Kingzila
10-30-2013, 11:15 PM
So what do you propose they do just leave it op? The only one to blame is themselves for trying to jump on the op bandwagon.. when it is pretty clear that they will be nerfed at one point since the gear is stronger than 2 campaigns above it. If it is not, then I believe I will have lost all hope in STG for not fixing something that an mmo producer should put pretty high up on their list. I think the plat pack users have had more than enough time to enjoy and exploit the over poweredness of the gear.

Enjoyed weak packs that until now are suppsidle op? Oh yah because everyone wants to run that. Talk to me about a Phoenix bow bird pvp set up being op and then maybe il listen. Cuz right I'm not seeing the big deal like with forgottens being op.

Heroelite
10-30-2013, 11:55 PM
Um till this post plat packs have been fine so js. Don't make it sound like us (PLAT PLAYERS) who payed for items are dogging you out of dmg please thank you. More like players that ran forgottens with almost 180 dmg now run less so now you got plat players that run loot & plat packs out gunning you.

AND ON THAT MATTER plat packs where made for lvling up past that hard lvl your on. SO MAYBE instead of saying nerf it all you should say nerf it in pvp not pve. am I right?
I'm really having a hard time understanding anything you are saying. If the gear is op it doesn't matter if it's pve or pvp. One should not have the stats of a level 30 at level 20. And "until this post plat packs have been fine"?, it's been mentioned already, STS has done nothing, so I am here posting it again.

Enjoyed weak packs that until now are suppsidle op? Oh yah because everyone wants to run that. Talk to me about a Phoenix bow bird pvp set up being op and then maybe il listen. Cuz right I'm not seeing the big deal like with forgottens being op.

Like I said I'm still having a hard time understanding what you are trying to say. I haven't said a thing about pheonix bow bird nor does this thread have anything to do with higher levels. I'm talking about lower level twinking, and the strength plat packs definitely have an effect on it.

Kingzila
10-31-2013, 12:04 AM
I'm really having a hard time understanding anything you are saying. If the gear is op it doesn't matter if it's pve or pvp. One should not have the stats of a level 30 at level 20. And "until this post plat packs have been fine"?, it's been mentioned already, STS has done nothing, so I am here posting it again.

Like I said I'm still having a hard time understanding what you are trying to say. I haven't said a thing about pheonix bow bird nor does this thread have anything to do with higher levels. I'm talking about lower level twinking, and the strength plat packs definitely have an effect on it.

What are you having a hard time understanding? The fact that packs where not over powered till the new nerfs? Or the fact that removing them is not happening due to no content updates. Like there's not that's hard to get hear other then you just want everything that's slightly stronger then what you have to be gone. Simple

Heroelite
10-31-2013, 12:12 AM
What are you having a hard time understanding? The fact that packs where not over powered till the new nerfs? Or the fact that removing them is not happening due to no content updates. Like there's not that's hard to get hear other then you just want everything that's slightly stronger then what you have to be gone. Simple
Explain to me how the packs were not op til the new nerfs. They have been OP for a while now the stats didn't change, they just became more effective now that tanking is more viable than nuking these levels. Did I ever say I wanted them removed? No. The last sentence of yours I can barely understand, but from what I see I'm can see that you are agreeing that it is stronger than other gear. But what you don't understand is that it's not just slightly stronger, I already told you it can match gear that is campaigns above it.

Kingzila
10-31-2013, 12:27 AM
Explain to me how the packs were not op til the new nerfs. They have been OP for a while now the stats didn't change, they just became more effective now that tanking is more viable than nuking these levels. Did I ever say I wanted them removed? No. The last sentence of yours I can barely understand, but from what I see I'm can see that you are agreeing that it is stronger than other gear. But what you don't understand is that it's not just slightly stronger, I already told you it can match gear that is campaigns above it.

Goes what? PUFFFF I don't care if you don't understand. Pay to play players get better stuff then you? GOOD they made pl what it is today. And on top of that you said your posting this again? It must of not been that big of a deal then and it still is not that big of a deal now. DONE PUFFFF!!!

Heroelite
10-31-2013, 12:45 AM
Goes what? PUFFFF I don't care if you don't understand. Pay to play players get better stuff then you? GOOD they made pl what it is today. And on top of that you said your posting this again? It must of not been that big of a deal then and it still is not that big of a deal now. DONE PUFFFF!!!
There's a fine line between over powered and a slight advantage. I do agree pay to play players should receive bonuses. And I have purchased a lot of platinum and yes I do own some strength plat packs myself. I'm not sure if you only play endgame and are clueless about twink levels or you are a str plat pack user yourself. Either way the stats are over powered and denying so only shows your ignorance or selfishness. Would you like to see a comparison of stats? It hasn't been much of a big deal on the forums because of the decline in old twinks. Imagine if a level 70 plat pack was strong or almost as strong as end game gear. There would be complete outrage on the forums only because there is much more of a "voice" for endgame pvpers on forums unlike twinkers.

Kingzila
10-31-2013, 02:05 AM
There's a fine line between over powered and a slight advantage. I do agree pay to play players should receive bonuses. And I have purchased a lot of platinum and yes I do own some strength plat packs myself. I'm not sure if you only play endgame and are clueless about twink levels or you are a str plat pack user yourself. Either way the stats are over powered and denying so only shows your ignorance or selfishness. Would you like to see a comparison of stats? It hasn't been much of a big deal on the forums because of the decline in old twinks. Imagine if a level 70 plat pack was strong or almost as strong as end game gear. There would be complete outrage on the forums only because there is much more of a "voice" for endgame pvpers on forums unlike twinkers.

You want to know why your plan to just lower the plat pack probably got dropped? Because no one would ever be happy about it.
Sts won't make such a bold move as nerfing PLAT items and I think you know 100% why. Still don't know? Because it would scare off plat players that nerf would tell them (unless they got a refund and even then) that your money means nothing you own nothing & that what ever you buy can be changed without a refund or say from them. And that's why this wont happen.

Heroelite
10-31-2013, 02:15 AM
You want to know why your plan to just lower the plat pack probably got dropped? Because no one would ever be happy about it.
Sts won't make such a bold move as nerfing PLAT items and I think you know 100% why. Still don't know? Because it would scare off plat players that nerf would tell them (unless they got a refund and even then) that your money means nothing you own nothing & that what ever you buy can be changed without a refund or say from them. And that's why this wont happen.
I don't think you will ever get it, and it is such a simple concept to grasp as well. Truly do not know why you can't seem to understand that if items are over powered, then a nerf is necessary because it will benefit the game as a whole.

Here's your logic: example of a situation - Staff bought from plat store does twice the damage of any weapon in that level range. No don't nerf it because it will make the unskilled players upset that they will actually have to get skill instead of rely on op gear. It doesn't matter if they have massive advantage over other players. they are paying players !!1!!!

Rescind
10-31-2013, 02:44 AM
I know how to fix this!--> everyone buy str packs! Jk
In all honesty though, I do agree that str packs are pretty op.
Even I do love using my str Mage and rhino both at 20 with plat packs, I gotta agree that there should be a nerf on the packs

SakuraSenbonKageyoshi
10-31-2013, 08:25 AM
All hail Naetheanimal for eternalizing the both admiration for l20 rhinos using plat hammer, and hatred. Hallowed is his name, humble is his praise.

Impact
10-31-2013, 09:24 AM
My rhino actually used the hammer before nae :/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

Impact
10-31-2013, 09:25 AM
But if plats get nerfs all lvls -40 will be mage land since they can already beat plat packs the way they are.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

Pvpandctf
10-31-2013, 09:49 AM
You should try to 56-61, because I think that it has the most balance.

Have fun! :)

MightyMicah
10-31-2013, 10:05 AM
I couldn't agree more with this post. If something is unbalanced, it needs to be fixed and mark my words, these low level plat packs are unbalanced! And not just unbalanced, but extremely over powered. With the recent damage nerf across the board, it just makes things even worse for anyone not wearing the plat pack gear.

To say people will lose their money and therefore the packs shouldn't balanced is to be somewhat close-minded. People should realize that this is an mmo and as such, is subject to change. Therefore anything purchased should be purchased with caution. It's also notable to realize that these packs aren't that expensive. Ten dollars can get you 75 plat which will buy you about two different plat packs. If someone can't afford to lose ten dollars, they should spend less time playing games, and more time working at a job.

miistic
10-31-2013, 10:43 AM
well there goes all the plat ppl spent
if they do nerf hopefully sts refunds

miistic
10-31-2013, 10:47 AM
there goes sts plat buyers
unless they refund lol or dont nerf them....... simple after the nerf ppl will start complaining about nerf

miistic
10-31-2013, 10:48 AM
just like the dmg nerf for birds

MightyMicah
10-31-2013, 11:36 AM
well there goes all the plat ppl spent
if they do nerf hopefully sts refunds

there goes sts plat buyers
unless they refund lol or dont nerf them....... simple after the nerf ppl will start complaining about nerf

just like the dmg nerf for birds

To say people will lose their money and therefore the packs shouldn't balanced is to be somewhat close-minded. People should realize that this is an mmo and as such, is subject to change. Therefore anything purchased should be purchased with caution. It's also notable to realize that these packs aren't that expensive. Ten dollars can get you 75 plat which will buy you about two different plat packs. If someone can't afford to lose ten dollars, they should spend less time playing games, and more time working at a job.

miistic
10-31-2013, 12:24 PM

you dont have to repeat yourself
my point was dont nerf. most ppl purchase with caution and ik 10 bucks isnt alot but still its annoying to have wasted like 50 plat for all the vanitys, rings, and plat packs

miistic
10-31-2013, 12:26 PM
you treat it like you dont care that other ppl put alot of time into something like the rhino and then it all goes to waste

miistic
10-31-2013, 12:28 PM
some ppl dont like to waste their plat and i guess some ppl dont care

miistic
10-31-2013, 12:39 PM
and besides cant they just refund

Suentous PO
10-31-2013, 02:19 PM
Good lord use the edit button yo

SayCreed
10-31-2013, 02:22 PM
So many triple posters :)

MightyMicah
10-31-2013, 02:50 PM
you dont have to repeat yourself
my point was dont nerf. most ppl purchase with caution and ik 10 bucks isnt alot but still its annoying to have wasted like 50 plat for all the vanitys, rings, and plat packs

My point was, that's part of the game. You shouldn't buy a plat pack fully expecting that it will last forever. If the developers never develop the game for the better, this game would be worse than it is now. Sure, it sucks knowing you have a worthless set, but that's part of the mmo system. If you have a problem with it, I understand, but don't act like the entire spacetime community should bow to your wishes. That's unreasonable and, honestly, quite selfish.

miistic
10-31-2013, 03:53 PM
ok i understand your point and sorry if i did sound selfish

miistic
10-31-2013, 03:58 PM
also rhinos are only op cuz they are higher lvl than you

Heroelite
10-31-2013, 04:03 PM
also rhinos are only op cuz they are higher lvl than you

Once again, coming to conclusions based off of nothing.

johnny6880
10-31-2013, 05:52 PM
Its all even i mean look at voodoo take that away to then..you guys complain about everything just play the game more or maybe get more skilled?cause ranting on this is not helping the matter..

Heroelite
10-31-2013, 06:12 PM
Its all even i mean look at voodoo take that away to then..you guys complain about everything just play the game more or maybe get more skilled?cause ranting on this is not helping the matter..
So you think op means anything that can beat you. No, the stats on the plat pack on the other hand are clearly op, they can make any class good. You people make the same arguments as the pro-fbow people did and see what that did? Delayed STS from nerfing fbow because all of you people couldn't even picture the sight of you losing your ability to beat people who were originally better than you. And since STS didn't nerf the fbow earlier, most veteran twinks are gone and now we are left with brainwashed new pvpers like you.

johnny6880
10-31-2013, 06:32 PM
New ? Uh ya probably not i think pvp is better now but all u guys wine about everything what more do u expect like settle your kettle.and btw ive been playing since 2010 so yeah uh go to bed now u brainwashed crrrybb

miistic
10-31-2013, 07:40 PM
Once again, coming to conclusions based off of nothing.

based off nothing huh? no higher lv does matter
and i agree with johnny get more skill and stop whining

Caiahar
10-31-2013, 08:09 PM
@mistic: Yes, but when something is OP? Overpowered for that level? It then doesn't take skill, except for very little.
If you were to compare the rhino hammer to the winter fest 2hs, or onyx, crystal, or earthquake 2h str weapons, the hammer has much more dmg than all of them
At some levels, something might be a tiny bit powerful, but can be beaten.
Ex: 56 bears are kinda powerful. That mace is kinda OP
Solution: A mage or bird can kill them easily, achieved through kiting properly.

But when something gets out of hand, its hard to defeat. And its way worse if they join the 15-18 games.

MightyMicah
10-31-2013, 08:11 PM
New ? Uh ya probably not i think pvp is better now but all u guys wine about everything what more do u expect like settle your kettle.and btw ive been playing since 2010 so yeah uh go to bed now u brainwashed crrrybb

I've been here since 2010. I agree with Hero. We are "wining" because things are out of balance. If you'd open your eyes and actually do the research and experiment with twinking, maybe you'd come to agree with us. This "wining" you speak of is not wining at all. There will always be people trying to give feedback on how to balance the game. Hero brought up a lot of very legitimate points in his original post. Why don't you read it and stop spreading your bias.

tHelonestud
10-31-2013, 08:36 PM
as far as people spending platinum on overpowered gear, they don't lose the gear so why should they get refunded?
because that stats are balanced now? that would imply the sole reason of buying it was to exploit the unbalanced stats on the gear in which case the deserve the loss.

It's actually very overpowered, it has more max damage than the 75 savage scythe, a 19 level difference
it is not as noticeable as the rhino packs, because it is not accompanied by unheard of armor for that level and the exponentially growing damage from non weapon set pieces.

Caiahar
10-31-2013, 09:51 PM
as far as people spending platinum on overpowered gear, they don't lose the gear so why should they get refunded?
because that stats are balanced now? that would imply the sole reason of buying it was to exploit the unbalanced stats on the gear in which case the deserve the loss.

It's actually very overpowered, it has more max damage than the 75 savage scythe, a 19 level difference
it is not as noticeable as the rhino packs, because it is not accompanied by unheard of armor for that level and the exponentially growing damage from non weapon set pieces.
Exactly.
The plat packs can be nerfed to around where its slightly better than normal stuff (SSC items, winter fest) and people could use the other stuff more.
Also, if I'm correct, SSC items have more mana Regen than plat packs, so if packs ARE nerfed, people can also use SSC items for mana, and (maybe) set bonus.

@the glyph mace: Also the mace is OP, but it can be beaten easily.

johnny6880
10-31-2013, 10:32 PM
Haha

IGN Storm
10-31-2013, 10:40 PM
I'm OP, do I need to be nerfed?

johnny6880
11-01-2013, 09:43 AM
Lmfao i guess i need to be nerfed to Ha

miistic
11-01-2013, 04:10 PM
ikr lol

WhoIsThis
11-01-2013, 10:26 PM
I suspect that each tier needs to fixed tier by tier.

- At the moment, I feel like str is OP. Dex and Int are ok in some tiers, but awful in others.
- Str vs str fights can go on for a long time, especially if both classes are able to heal

I think that lowering the survivability of the str sets (especially dodge) would be the best solution. It won't solve every tier though, but it's a step forward.

johnny6880
11-02-2013, 09:26 AM
I think u need to suck it up before u ruin game more:)

MightyMicah
11-04-2013, 01:14 PM

I think you've only ever been thanked twice for a reason.

Pvpandctf
11-04-2013, 01:31 PM
:mad: sololo

TENACITY
11-05-2013, 08:53 PM
The issue is "balance," balance isn't being shown as such with these strength plat packs in comparison to other gear whether it be int, dex plat packs, or regular non- money bought equipment. I PvP quite a lot at the level where strength plat packs are strewn throughout with no problem beating them with gear that isn't plat bought nor using the nerfed but still over powered forgotten bow. Whether stg will up the stats on all gear in said level ranges where strength plat packs are dominant in PvP to match or bring down the stats on the paladin and warrior plat packs, it doesn't matter. We just ask for balance. I think we all know which is easier.

I'm quite sure if said gear is nerfed, it will not affect players into quitting, if it does, not enough to hurt the clientele base. If balance is thrown out the window, like with these packs, that's what should and will cause players to quit, non paying and plat paying players alike. So balance definitely needs to be put into play. Sure there are plenty of balance issues through all tiers in pvp, but this issue still needs to be handled, whether they to start here or not, unbalance is still rearing its ugly head.

Caiahar
11-06-2013, 08:40 AM

I think you should stop being negative.
If we are paying customers, we have a right to expect new things and nerfs that we want.

Rot
11-06-2013, 09:06 AM
if they really did nerf the packs guilds like rhino ffa are gonna fall

Reunegade
11-06-2013, 09:03 PM
Exactly. I made a talon bear and 'attempted' to prove the "omg str pcks 2 op plz nerfgun" threads wrong, but could not have proof to do so. It is safe to say that these do need a nerf, along with heal being nerf'd for rhinos and mages, because they could heal right back up.

Speedytank
03-05-2014, 09:47 PM
No way is lvl 20 str pack is getting nerfed. If it does get nerfed then that would not be fair to the rhinos that are already pro with plat packs. Yes, I do agree that it is kind of over powered but just leaving it would be fine.

Rescind
03-05-2014, 10:00 PM
No way is lvl 20 str pack is getting nerfed. If it does get nerfed then that would not be fair to the rhinos that are already pro with plat packs. Yes, I do agree that it is kind of over powered but just leaving it would be fine.

well im guessing youre one of these "pro" rhinos huh? i dont think there is a "pro rhino". with this op str sets anyone can kill another with it. i'd say there is a bunch of egotistical rhinos that think they are pro because they use the plat pack to win. honestly i have a plat pack rhino that's just wasting away gathering dust. STR PACKS NEED NERF.

Suentous PO
03-05-2014, 11:13 PM

Waitwait wait waigh,
You both admit the gear is op and somehow at the same time can conceive that a "pro" uses it!

Like; let's watch that fight between the guy wearing boxing gloves and one of those PROS who don't wear soft gloves and also happen to use brass knuckles.

Being that I'm insane I can appreciate those sorts of gymnastic contortions of logic.

Naetheanimal
03-07-2014, 05:14 PM
Plz nerf op packs and rhinos plz plz

fourleaf
03-07-2014, 05:50 PM
imo sts should nerf it
integrity of the game will please more players
as far as I am concerned many of the people using these packs are exploiting the unbalanced stats, idk how these stats were made but either nerf them or you have to up the dmg and armor on every other item in the game atleast up to level 45ish
if the players that using them are really 'pros' they will be fine without it