PDA

View Full Version : Neat idea!

SakuraSenbonKageyoshi
11-01-2013, 07:55 AM
I have an idea that I'm sure everyone here has thought about at one point, or at least the merchants roaming Alterra.

What if STG came out with a sort of Consignment Shop app, that made it easier to track your auctions, and prices. It could be a completely mobile and independent app that would make it easier to track prices and the status of sales.

For example, there is a website ( i don't remember which one, it's been a couple years ) for Runescape, another MMORPG, that helps track prices.

I.e. if you type "Gold Bar" in the search bar, it would give you the stats and description and have a DOW-esque status update. Such as the price is up by 3.92% , which would help new players and/or lazy merchs ( ;) ) to make the decision to buy or not. In PL's case, however, maybe it could show simply the price, for our economy relies heavily in individuals prices, and supply and demand.

I feel as if STG could also employ the help of GoA's, or just people from the community to contribute their expertise with item/set prices, to be added to that set/items "profile".

Now, I have no idea how long this would take, or how practical it is yadayada, but I feel as if it would be an amazing addition, and really put some of the fun back into PL, simply on the grounds of it being NEW in a land of ancient.

It can also be used for the other games, it wouldn't be PL exclusive! What do you guys think? (:

Argyros
11-01-2013, 08:08 AM
Please use the search bar before creating a thread... This has been suggested before.

dudetus
11-01-2013, 08:09 AM
I've heard better ideas.

EndGamer
11-01-2013, 09:15 AM
It is a cool idea, but perhaphs STG not in the condition to listen it at this moment.

Chopper
11-01-2013, 09:35 AM
Please use the search bar before creating a thread... This has been suggested before.

not everything is as readily searchable, especially if the thread titles dont give it much description like "neat idea".

As for the idea, it would be tricky to manage that, especially since they haven't even gotten around to adding an in-game notification as to any of your items being sold or not.
I doubt STG will want to spend the time to put an app like that together for anything other than AL.

Trenton
11-01-2013, 01:09 PM
I've heard better ideas. "I've had better!" -Fletcher Reed

SakuraSenbonKageyoshi
11-01-2013, 01:27 PM
I've heard better ideas.
Nice.

But thanks for the feedback, those who were constructive.