PDA

View Full Version : Class Upgrades

afrobug
11-01-2013, 02:05 PM
I'd like to suggest to devs to give us option on which class(upgraded) we want to focus on when we reach certain level.

How it works:

For each class(default), you need to level up to let's say level 41 then there will be a quest you need to finish which will allow you to choose an upgraded class you prefer. All of your stat and skill points will be reset and then you'll have two options on what class upgrade you'd like to focus. For instance a rogue can have an archer or assassin both of which have different and permanent skill sets. Once you made up your mind on what class upgrade to choose, bear in mind that with archers you can only equip bows and daggers for assassins. The same applies to warriors and sorcerers. I'd like a support sorcerer which will only be able to wield staff and an all out damage sorcerer which will harness the brute force of guns. I still haven't decided what to call each class upgrades. Perhaps, priests for support and idk for damage sorcerers.(comment below what you guys want). As for warriors. You can choose to go all out damage as well which will be using two hand swords/spears or a tanking warrior which uses one hand sword with shield on the other hand. All class upgrades, again will have different set of skill builds and it will be permanent unless you pay plat to reset the quest of choosing class upgrades.

I think this will add more life to the game experience rather than just focusing on getting wealthy to own the game. Diversity pushes boredom away. Think of it, the possibilities are endless. It could bring more profit to sts and excitement to us players.

I'd like to read your comments on this.

Bullox
11-01-2013, 02:37 PM
+1 :)

Sariita
11-01-2013, 02:43 PM
Good idea! But I want to keep my precious Aimed shot lol

Instanthumor
11-01-2013, 02:44 PM
Once you pick a new 'focused class', is there an option of changing back?
And what if the sorcerer using a staff wants to use three attack skills? What are the limitations?
I wouldn't mind this idea, but I'd rather insert a new class instead, but that's out of the question.

razrl
11-01-2013, 02:46 PM
You mean something like Lineage class transfer ?

afrobug
11-01-2013, 03:05 PM
Once you pick a new 'focused class', is there an option of changing back?
And what if the sorcerer using a staff wants to use three attack skills? What are the limitations?
I wouldn't mind this idea, but I'd rather insert a new class instead, but that's out of the question.

Yes but to reset class upgrade quest you will have to pay a certain amount of plat. And if what you're asking is if you could choose to stay as a regular rogue as what rogues are now, no, you will need to choose from archer or assassin to proceed otherwise stay a twink below level 41*. For the limitations, it should be clear that when you choose a support mage obviously you're role is to provide support with health and mana regen. I think benefit of this is a group/team PvP fight as well as creating a good strategy to run elite maps based on each upgraded class skills. Crafting and upgrading weapons will also come into consideration.

afrobug
11-01-2013, 03:08 PM
You mean something like Lineage class transfer ?

I've never played that game so I don't know. :-)