PDA

View Full Version : Attn: Devs

aarrgggggg
11-01-2013, 04:50 PM
After your 2 hour maintenance today everyone has been experiencing technical difficultys, slow loading times, dc often, computer freezing and more Please fix your fix and look into this :) thanx sts devs

Zealouss
11-01-2013, 04:53 PM
I've also been experiencing this, after sts having maintenance which was intended to make the game run smoother and better... clearly not for some.

-SS

Skaunared
11-01-2013, 04:56 PM
I thought I was the only one experiencing this. I've run a couple of speedtests and it shows my connection is fine. Clearly there's a problem on your servers. Fix please! thank you!

GoodSyntax
11-01-2013, 06:39 PM
I'm not too sure how large their databases are, but I've worked on some really, really big databases where putting a single clustered index on a table would take 18-24 hours to complete.

Perhaps what we are seeing is the game running in a degraded mode while indexes are being reorganized in the background.

Frohnatur
11-01-2013, 11:50 PM
I can tell that everyone in my guild experienced this too. We are now more than 8 hours after the update and it still keeps raining dc's and slow-downs like hell.

Kakashis
11-02-2013, 12:06 AM
Yeah after the maintenance, it feels worse than before!

Lui Delos Santos
11-02-2013, 05:02 AM
its true too laggy after the updates!what happen?

smuggs
11-02-2013, 07:32 AM
Servers a complex pieces of computing machinery....and the source code behind running these servers is even more complicated. Sit tight and the devs will figure it. Debugging takes a lot of resources from the server and checks every line of code, I'm sure their on to what the issue is and are working to fix it accordingly. A few hundred thousand lines of code is nothing to scoff at and most of your experienced users couldn't even imagine working a game server and dealing with these issues.

In short, chill out and let the devs fix it, it won't be a quick fix, and it'll have issues along the way, and software engineer will tell you if you change 1 word in 1 line of code it'll mess something else up 10000 lines away.

Frohnatur
11-02-2013, 11:05 AM
Servers a complex pieces of computing machinery....and the source code behind running these servers is even more complicated. Sit tight and the devs will figure it. Debugging takes a lot of resources from the server and checks every line of code, I'm sure their on to what the issue is and are working to fix it accordingly. A few hundred thousand lines of code is nothing to scoff at and most of your experienced users couldn't even imagine working a game server and dealing with these issues.

In short, chill out and let the devs fix it, it won't be a quick fix, and it'll have issues along the way, and software engineer will tell you if you change 1 word in 1 line of code it'll mess something else up 10000 lines away.

nobody is scoffing. This thread is just meant to bring the issue to the attention of the devs, just in case.

and yes, u r right, the devs do an awesome job, all this code, holy cow. XD

aarrgggggg
11-02-2013, 11:07 AM
UPDATE: Ok just logged on today and we are still having these issues.

Youngmurda
11-03-2013, 07:51 AM
UPDATE: Ok just logged on today and we are still having these issues.

Yep. Annoying. Exspecially because I'm also lagging all the time in pvp. Worse part!