PDA

View Full Version : Banned for unreasonable reasons!!

IdemigodI
11-10-2010, 07:32 AM
I am IdemigodI and I go to log in and I'm banned for 7 days?? Because of some kid taking pics of my conversation with the word "***" in the game, and you guys have a filter system for chat also, now I have spent alot of money on platinum on this game and it goes to say that I got banned just when I was waiting for 1.5 update to come online, this really is an annoying matter , what's the point in having a chat filter system!? And what was my main reason for being banned ?
I wasn't scamming or abusing , the word "***" can be seen when typed in a chat, why not spacestudios filter that out then if it was a cause of ban?? So I get banned for saying donkey in a diffrent word , come on?? Really??

Varking
11-10-2010, 07:33 AM
I won't comment on bans or length or reason for a ban but I will say this;

They have it posted for everyone to see to no cuss in game or on the forums so if you didn't read it then it is your own fault.

IdemigodI
11-10-2010, 07:42 AM
Out of 1-2848383838 users I have seen people curse and no one chooses to ban them ? I guess this goes by maturity level, is this a term of "Ohh u cursed , I will go and snitch" .. Yeah really? Wow , then if that's the case I should file it up with someone I know , cuz by code of law, if something is spent on the game or of any matter then we have rights by for any means , not some stupid lil kid snitching , " hey he cursed , I will get u banned"

Lesrider
11-10-2010, 07:45 AM
How do they know he didn't just type three stars? There's so many ways you can gets censored even when you don't intentionally swear. I agree it seems silly to ban for seeing stars. If he tried to get around the censor and use a word that looked like a swear word, I think that would be more offensive, bc then people with their censors on would still see it.

Also, words like "dumb" are censored -- really? Does that mean dumb is now considered a swear word? I can say something is stupid but not dumb? Perhaps the censor needs to be revisited and give different guidelines before banning.

Simply saying swearing in the TOS is not enough. Again, if someone has it censored, they're only seeing stars. And if they don't censor it, that's their choice. Working around the sensor to swear should be the only offense.

Just my two cents. I'm sure many adult players would agree with me.

I guess you should just be happy it was only 7 days and not permanent?

Justg
11-10-2010, 07:51 AM
I was in game at the time, and the rules are very clear. Outside of this, please take it up with support(at)spacetiemstudios.com.