PDA

View Full Version : Vanity items

Guidedseeker
11-02-2013, 08:06 AM
Hello ,

Well i was wondering since old school vanity items are very cool, would that be a benefit of being an old player and using your platinum in the early stages of the game or will the vanities from last year be recycled degrading everyone's intention to get a vanity item to be "cool"? This may harm the economy aswell as the people who would actually buy the vanities with real money as they were sold the year before.

The main question is - Will vanity items change every year or be recycled ???

Thanks

- GuidedSeeker

Maxcd
11-02-2013, 09:20 AM
Hello ,

Well i was wondering since old school vanity items are very cool, would that be a benefit of being an old player and using your platinum in the early stages of the game or will the vanities from last year be recycled degrading everyone's intention to get a vanity item to be "cool"? This may harm the economy aswell as the people who would actually buy the vanities with real money as they were sold the year before.

The main question is - Will vanity items change every year or be recycled ???

Thanks

- GuidedSeeker
Some banners might come with a change of appearance (Leaderboards, maybe Halloween, Elite Cap banners) and some might not ever return because they were fer very special events (Best Banner Ever for MMORPG game of the year, and Big Love and Little Love for Valentines Day 2013 specials). It depends on the item.
For holiday vanities, its not known if the vanities will return but the design will change, or if it will be a completely different vanity. Most old vanities can still be bought in the Consignment Shop. However, if STS says a vanity will not return (steel commando for example), odds are, it wont ever return and would only be available in the CS.

Guidedseeker
11-02-2013, 09:33 AM
So basically vanities from the past e.g Santa costume , tree , Steel commando would only be able to recieve from the auction or players...?

Morholt
11-02-2013, 12:45 PM
Santa, tree, winterfest, and big & little love are all able to make a return. The winter ones all said like the Halloween ones do, "won't be available until next year."
The love ones aren't even tradeable, so there isn't much room for the regular complainers to get their panties in a bunch. Plus, it was free. Valentine's Day will likely see it return.
There is a chance of all the vanities returning as they were. A chance of them back but slightly different. A chance of completely new ones. And a chance at new & old being out.

Steel commando, Kraken, and Founder were said to never return again. Nordr will likely be gone when the next expansion comes out.

Best ever is an example of an event that will never return. It was something of a one time thing. Unless, of course, Arcane Legends wins that award again--but expect to see some differation.

afrobug
11-02-2013, 12:57 PM
Big love banners aren't free. They cost 5 plats. If you wave your hand over someone wearing it you'll get little love(pink one) which is free. Its a pity they can't be traded I have them both on my old low level mage I no longer use.

Guidedseeker
11-02-2013, 01:27 PM
If vanity items which were bought from the shops using platinum return , it would ruin the real reason why people bought it in the first place - Rarity

I think people would get angered if the exact same items return as it shows STS are being lazy etc ... If you know what i mean

Maxcd
11-02-2013, 06:16 PM
Santa, tree, winterfest, and big & little love are all able to make a return. The winter ones all said like the Halloween ones do, "won't be available until next year."
The love ones aren't even tradeable, so there isn't much room for the regular complainers to get their panties in a bunch. Plus, it was free. Valentine's Day will likely see it return.
There is a chance of all the vanities returning as they were. A chance of them back but slightly different. A chance of completely new ones. And a chance at new & old being out.

Steel commando, Kraken, and Founder were said to never return again. Nordr will likely be gone when the next expansion comes out.

Best ever is an example of an event that will never return. It was something of a one time thing. Unless, of course, Arcane Legends wins that award again--but expect to see some differation.

Couldn't have said it better, except Big Love costed 15 plat and even the description of Big Love and Little Love says "Only available during the Valentine's Day 2013 event"

Spyce
11-02-2013, 07:30 PM
If you look at PL, SL, DL, they have diffrent colored vanities every year.

Morholt
11-02-2013, 08:14 PM
If vanity items which were bought from the shops using platinum return , it would ruin the real reason why people bought it in the first place - Rarity

I think people would get angered if the exact same items return as it shows STS are being lazy etc ... If you know what i meanNobody bought them for rarity. They*were gotten out of...vanity. Bling, bling. Sparkle, sparkle. Look how cool I look!
98% of the people who bought it for fun...not to dangle in the face of newer places 8 months down the road. The other 2% are collectors who grab everything, even if it is worthless or useless (some people out there are holding onto a splintered stick, believe it or not).

If you truly cared about them being rare, you should have been complaining about sts making vanities tradeable. Now any newb can get rare old items!
But no, anyone who had them pre-treadeable said, "thank you for turning my valueless items into 1 mil+ gold."

Only people who would be upset about a re-release are those who weren't around to actually get them themselves and spent millions of gold on them.

Edit: ah, right. My mistake on big love. Wasn't a big purchase--close enough to free, though. :P Little love was just waving to big love.