PDA

View Full Version : Form a closed Android testing group.

shadywack
11-10-2010, 12:07 PM
I know that StS changed gears on having a closed beta.

However I do have some feedback being a part of a closed testing team for the groundspeak geocaching app.

It's worked out very well for them. They allow users to download the apk from a private server. It's not device locked. They just use a subforum for the testing group.

We had a closed beta initially, but now after release they have found the testing group to be enormously beneficial for new features.

I think an open beta is fantastic. I just think it might still behoove you as well.

The benefits to the open beta are great too though and I applaud you guys going in this direction. You'll get crash reports and lots of data back on app behavior automatically.

gj, just keep it in mind

asommers
11-10-2010, 12:22 PM
I think this forum is a great direct-line to the devs about Android issues. Anything else would be too much overhead for us right now.

-ALS

shadywack
11-10-2010, 01:01 PM
I think this forum is a great direct-line to the devs about Android issues. Anything else would be too much overhead for us right now.

-ALS

Thanks man. I appreciate your courtesy and totally understand. It's a bit rough around the edges, but it's providing a fantastic experience on my Droid X.