PDA

View Full Version : No sound

drau9r
11-10-2010, 12:20 PM
Am I the only one who has no sound? I know its not my iPad, because I can hear the clicks when I type. In my options, the sound and music are both turned on... but I hear nothing :(

asommers
11-10-2010, 12:27 PM
I just tried it on my iPad with no problems. Can you try a delete/reinstall?

-ALS

drau9r
11-11-2010, 03:25 PM
yah, i deleted and reinstalled, and it worked until i closed the app and reopened it. my iPad has software version Gold 4.2 on it, so this might be an issue once everyone upgrades later next week.

drau9r
11-11-2010, 03:26 PM
p.s. the sound is redundant, but kind of meditative. LOL! i miss it =]

Futumsh
11-11-2010, 03:37 PM
Thanks, we'll make sure to check that out before the 1.6 release.

FluffNStuff
11-11-2010, 03:38 PM
I have found sometimes the toggles get messed up. So even though it says sound is off, I get sound, then have to turn it on and off to get rid of it. Are you able to toggle sound off and on?

drau9r
11-11-2010, 03:41 PM
no, i cant even toggle on and off. its just off. if i delete the app and reinstall, it works for the first session, but once i close down and reopen, no sound again.

setec
11-11-2010, 03:48 PM
@drau9r - I have an iPad as well running iOS 4.2 gold master. I've run every 4.2 beta and now the final and I was not able to reproduce this. I tried toggling sound off and on and music off and on as well.

I'm sure you've tried this but have you hard rebooted your iPad lately?

If you did and this doesn't fix it, it might be worth doing a restore of the firmware.

Also, are you running 4.2 gold master or one of the betas yet?

setec
11-11-2010, 03:50 PM
Am I the only one who has no sound? I know its not my iPad, because I can hear the clicks when I type. In my options, the sound and music are both turned on... but I hear nothing :(

when you say clicks when you type - do you mean in the game or out of the game? Also, do you hear no sound at all or just no game sound. for instance, do the menu buttons produce sound at all?

One other thing, is this a jailbroken 4.2 or a developer approved UDID 4.2?

Barbamitsos
11-11-2010, 04:41 PM
same here. i get nooo sound

setec
11-11-2010, 04:43 PM
same here. i get nooo sound

Are you running 4.2, if so, what version - a beta or the gold master or are you running 3.2?

setec
11-11-2010, 04:45 PM
HANG ON - in 4.2 they changed the switch on the iPad near the volume control from a lock rotation switch to a volume on/off switch. Is it possible you have your sound muted that way?

setec
11-13-2010, 08:10 AM
Upgrade to the latest iPad 4.2 Build that came out if you have access.

http://www.engadget.com/2010/11/12/apple-outs-new-ios-4-2-gold-master-that-fixes-ipads-wifi-woes/

developer.apple.com

presto1973
11-27-2010, 08:27 PM
I don't have sound either. Tried everything in this thread. All was well until the 4.x iOS upgrade. :(

Lesrider
11-27-2010, 11:03 PM
Happens occasionally with me, usually if I get interrupted by a call or something. But if I restart the game, the sound's back.

I think by clicking you mean the keyboard still has sound? The keyboard is not really part of the game, so the sounds stays even if the game's doesn't.

SnowGoon
11-28-2010, 09:48 AM
its not just the ipad its on my droid the same ( htc desire hd ) turn music off, and then no game sounds, turning all on doesnt work..

Diodge
11-29-2010, 12:24 AM
I have a motorola milestone......
I had to switch phones yesterday. I still have the milestone.
I had to download a fresh copy of the game. I logged out after a couple of games useing the normal log out , then home button , then close.
I logged back on and I have music but no in game sound's. I turned everything on and off and it didn't fix the game sound's. I could control the music.
I dele PL and downloaded it again. I got my sound back. I shut the phone down the same way as before. I logged back in and there is no game sound's.
I tried a force close on it after a fresh download. It did the same thing.

Great game ... Peace

p.s. It was fine before on my old phone. There was no problem. That phone had all the old files from when I started playing the first day.(I think 2weeks ago I started on PL)

bladesword
11-29-2010, 04:50 AM
Are you muting your devise?

Diodge
11-29-2010, 04:41 PM
I dont think im useing a mute.

Is there a hideing button in game that might mute game sounds? The music always plays with no problem...

... Im guessing im not useing mute. I can always hear the music playing. I just dont hear the spells/xtra sounds. I can uninstal and reinstal to get the game sounds back.(I always have music playing)
well i downloaded a minor fix already tonight. It seems to be fine now.............................Great job on the time. If it fixed its self then you get credt any ways.

.................................................. ................................
I downloaded some pack again tonight.... I now have the birds and animal noises......... but . I have no music and no spell sounds.
del and downloading it again

Diodge
11-30-2010, 07:42 PM
I downloaded some pack again tonight.... I now have the birds and animal noises......... but . I have no music and no spell sounds.
del and downloading it again

Diodge
12-02-2010, 04:26 PM
It was working fine for a day...................till
Tonight your new patch that you just sent out.... It screwed my sounds up............. I have the birds and the music ......... no spells/boss sounds..........
I will dele it and install again ..................

Branwyn
12-02-2010, 06:26 PM
I have the same problem. I keep checking the toggles, quitting and restarting. Even reinstalled and rebooted. Nothing. No game noises :(

Diodge
12-04-2010, 04:48 AM
I had no problems yesterday after installing it again.
I got a chance to log on tonight to no sounds/birds/boss/spells..... and just music playing

Balonia
12-04-2010, 05:20 AM
I had the same issue the other day on my iPhone. Could hear clicks on keyboard but no sound in game. Had a huge issue when I came to gurg trying to watch his feet and not rely on sound. I had to reboot my device then it worked fine.

Diodge
12-05-2010, 10:57 PM
same deal. It works great every night after installing it over......
Then the next day the game sounds dont work. Just the music... . . . . .... . ... .. .

I guess atleast everyday I add a download to the game....

Daonaloz
12-27-2010, 11:29 PM
I've been having the same issue on a droid X for about two weeks. No sound from the bosses unless I uninstall then reinstall the game. Works for awhile then nothing. I even shut off auto sync; didn't help. the only time I miss it is when doing captive audience dungeon.

Diodge
12-29-2010, 07:00 PM
Im still haveing problems. I just shut the phone or whatever down and restart it. I have to do this almost everytime i play. I just restart the phone everytime now before i log in.

pizzaman
01-05-2011, 07:44 AM
I have the same sort of problem on my Desire HD: i hear some sounds, but not the sounds of spells/wand firing/enemies. It doesn't matter that much, except its very annoying when i cant hear gurgox scream / fart / growl.

Ursanblessing
01-10-2011, 06:32 AM
no sounds on my Desire, just the background sound :(
I like to hear my self hack and slash trough the game

ErwinCole
01-14-2011, 05:16 PM
I have a similar problem and the only way to temporarily fix it is to reboot the phone. I'm in Motorola Defy.
In my case, the first sound to disappeared is the attacking sound, then later the enemy calls sound. I tried the sound option in the game, but after disable and enabled it, the background music is gone too. Left only the environmental sound.

And the sound seems to disappeared and triggered when I traveled to another area. Hope this info help the technical team to fix the issue.

Claxtin
02-21-2012, 03:37 PM
I have a similar situation here except my sound fx come and go. Assuming I haven't played in a day (which is rare any more haha) ill have everything. The longer I play, and im talking hours here, I have no sound fx but I hear music. While I still play cuz I can somewhat over look it, I miss hearing the electrified crash of thunder as my lighting strikes and kills that lol green slime :-( I know if I gave it a day I could hear my character fart once again, but is this something that is a known issue that can be absolved on my end?

- Claxtin