PDA

View Full Version : Ban the Midas Touch

Pages : [1] 2 3

Joncheese
11-03-2013, 02:23 PM
As always I would like you to read before you automatically judge the post title. There is logic to what I'm saying and I would like you all to bare with me.

Firstly I would like to start off by saying that IMO this is THE MOST STUPID AP I HAVE EVER COME ACCROSS. It's also the biggest scamming point in game at the moment. People are losing millions of Gold helping those that they believe they can trust. Only to lose it.

You can all sit there and says that it is their fault, and yes to a certain degree I completely agree with you. However, if this AP had not been brought in, the idea of scamming someone for 100 million would not even come into peoples heads.

In real life people are greedy, fact. And where there is a way to obtain free money by taking advantage of others without getting into trouble they will exploit it.

For gods sake STS get rid of this ap, and get rid of the carrot dangling in front of peoples faces. It's a ridiculous AP that proves nothing. If you have this much gold in the first place that is the biggest achievement. Those that have it don't show it off, fact. Let's be honest, there are many other APs that could be done. And there are plenty of threads on that.

4 good friends we're scammed millions today by helping a trusted officer. He then vanished. They had known this person for months. Because this is a game he can just disappear. How is that right?

Take the greed out of the AP. and take the scam out of the game.

Thanks for reading.

Jon

Edit: This AP should be renamed SWINDLERS TOUCH

STS Please take note of what some of the most respected players in this game are saying, with so much support on this thread surely you can look at the point we are trying to get accross.

Thank you everyone in DM EOS and all other top guilds for your support

Hinataa
11-03-2013, 02:25 PM
All thanks used>.<

eeknoh
11-03-2013, 02:26 PM
As always I would like you to read before you automatically judge the post title. There is logic to what I'm saying and I would like you all to bare with me.

Firstly I would like to start off by saying that IMO this is THE MOST STUPID AP I HAVE EVER COME ACCROSS. It's also the biggest scamming point in game at the moment. People are losing millions of Gold helping those th they believe they can trust. Only to lose it.

You can all sit there and says that it is their fault, and yes to a certain degree I completely agree with you. However, if this AP had not been brought in, the idea of scamming someone for 100 million would not even come into peoples heads.

In real life people are greedy, fact. And where there is a way to obtain free money by taking advantage of others without getting into trouble they will exploit it.

For gods sake STS get rid of this ap, and get rid of the carrot dangling in front of peoples faces. It's a ridiculous AP that proves nothing. If you have this much gold in the first place that is the biggest achievement. Those that have it don't show it off, fact.

4 good friends we're scammed millions today by helping a trusted officer. He then vanished. They had known this person for months. Because this is a game he can just disappear. How is that right?

Thanks for reading.

Jon

Totally agree

KingMartin
11-03-2013, 02:27 PM
I could not agree more. This AP is a sheer nonsense in otherwise a great game.

There's another fresh thread about Midas Touch funds having been stolen.

Spell
I agree those gold aps are ridiculous
so many great/nice ppl have been scammed because they are nice hearted players and just wanted to help a friend.

SayCreed
I agree,but those who have can keep rest can't get anymore

Sibayjing
11-03-2013, 02:28 PM
this is a test for vanity players. Players will lose much just for a title... agree with this post but players are also responsible

Joncheese
11-03-2013, 02:28 PM

Just remove the ap from everyone. I don't care one bit.

Joncheese
11-03-2013, 02:29 PM
this is a test for vanity players. Players will lose much just for a title... agree with this post but players are also responsible

Agree. But our human nature will always try and see the best in people. It shouldn't be there to tempt in the first place.

chitgoks
11-03-2013, 02:30 PM
keep filthy rich and remove the two othet gold ap

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Joncheese
11-03-2013, 02:30 PM

My thoughts exactly

SayCreed
11-03-2013, 02:32 PM

Just remove the ap from everyone. I don't care one bit.
I don't really mind what Happens as gold is not that important.

I'd rather have a good friend than 100m
Why?
You can't buy friend with gold.
You can't say sorry with gold

Once again I rather have a friend who cares than 100m who can't say nothing nor does a title

Joncheese
11-03-2013, 02:33 PM

Why?

Once again I rather have a friend who cares than 100m who can't say nothing nor does a title

This my friend is the truest thing I've read.

Spell
11-03-2013, 02:35 PM

Why?

<3 couldnt have said it better

csyui
11-03-2013, 02:36 PM
I agree. This achievement may cause lots of scam issues, and its totally meaningless for individual player as most players get this achievement by merging gold in a big pool with others.

I also suggest include more PvE kills instead. So far the game only has 10k PvE kills AP at most which is introduced at the first launch of the game, but lots of players have gained much more than 10k PvE kills during the past year, so there have to be more PvE kills AP involved, like 50k, 100k, or even 1million PvE kills.

KingMartin
11-03-2013, 02:39 PM

This. Filthy rich title can be farmed within couple of weeks. It should stay as it gives little room for scam.

SayCreed
11-03-2013, 02:42 PM

Why?

This my friend is the truest thing I've read.

Most people care about wealth
We're as a little percentage care about friends/guildies
What's the point of playing A free mmorpg if you don't have friend
I admit sometime when I'm desperate for gold I ignore everyone who talks and farm like it's the end of the world.
I don't mind having a poor/rich friend who cares but I will despise the one
Who either scam/trashtalk
Rich or not I hate those who ruin my experience of a wonderful gaming experience .I Only trust very few people and those are pandamoni
Jaytb,Docdobig,Aed,extreme and sheriff (sorry If I leave you out)

If your a scammer and reading this.
Think of what you did.
And feel how would they feel

Joncheese
11-03-2013, 02:45 PM
Most people care about wealth
We're as a little percentage care about friends/guildies
What's the point of playing A free mmorpg if you don't have friend
I admit sometime when I'm desperate for gold I ignore everyone who talks and farm like it's the end of the world.
I don't mind having a poor/rich friend who cares but I will despise the one
Who either scam/trashtalk
Rich or not I hate those who ruin my experience of a wonderful gaming experience .I Only trust very few people and those are pandamoni
Jaytb,Docdobig,Aed,extreme and sheriff (sorry If I leave you out)

If your a scammer and reading this.
Think of what you did.
And feel how would they feel

Come and be my friend lol. We share the same values. Couldn't agree more

SayCreed
11-03-2013, 02:51 PM
Come and be my friend lol. We share the same values. Couldn't agree more

Already sent request :P

Ocelz
11-03-2013, 03:00 PM
Thx for the thread, jon.. I agree with u. Before this i already hear so much ppl got scam coz of this achvmnt. And nothing we can do after get scammed. :/ its player fault? Ok i agree, but are u never feels like u wanna help friends who u already know in months? And in front of u he seems like a good guys.. Just bcoz of this achvmnt a lot ppl fall for this trick. If u says never trust ppl, are u even play this game alone all this time? U always need a friend. And u can find a good friends here. So sts pls banned this achvmnt, already too much ppl got scammed coz of this achvmnt.. And i more agree if u get aps on pve kills than gold. Thx.

Soundlesskill
11-03-2013, 03:02 PM
I agree, you really need rich plat spender friends to reach the leaderboards?

I know a for a fact I'll never get that. Luckily a guild helpe me get the title or I'd have missed out ib lb banner yet again for an impossible achievement. Arcane achiev..

lovetrianglee
11-03-2013, 03:08 PM
100% agree i think all gold ap's shd be removed. Thats all,,, There would be no reason left for borrowing gold

Pandamoni
11-03-2013, 03:08 PM
I think that the AP was introduced as an incentive to open more crates. If there is a chance of looting a staff you can sell for 60m gold and a few arcane pets for another 40m, you're much more likely to keep popping the crates in order to get them to get so much gold you can get that AP. at least thats my assumption. I'm not saying its right, just thinking abt why stg introduced this AP.

I also like the devious poster's suggestion for more kill AP's. I'm almost at 90k kills and I would totally grind to get the 100k or 200k ap. it would give me something attainable and fun to work towards.

Shadow217
11-03-2013, 03:11 PM
Send me a request too :D I prefer a fun game over wealth IGN:Purestealth

Zeus
11-03-2013, 03:11 PM
Keep the achievement, make it 0 AP points.

Those that have it can keep the title. Anybody else has no reason to want the achievement. All this achievement has caused is grief for other players.

Also, the same should go with goldfinger.

EDIT:

Anyone who asks me from now on and pesters me about after I've said no will just go on my ignore list. I encourage anyone else to do the same.

afrobug
11-03-2013, 03:19 PM
Totally agree with this Jon. Only way to really call this as achievement is if you alone, without any help were able to get this much gold. Scamming good hearted players for the sake of having the title doesn't justify it being an achievement. Pointless IMO.

Ocelz
11-03-2013, 03:21 PM
Hope devs see this and think bout make it pointless achvmnt.. Coz if we got scammed, they already do nothing to help us. :/

Emmacheese
11-03-2013, 03:27 PM
:( just so sad this happened to such great people. <3

Hope devs see this and think bout make it pointless achvmnt.. Coz if we got scammed, they already do nothing to help us. :/

Ravager
11-03-2013, 03:30 PM

Those that have it can keep the title. Anybody else has no reason to want the achievement. All this achievement has caused is grief for other players.

EDIT:

Anyone who asks me from now on and pesters me about after I've said no will just go on my ignore list. I encourage anyone else to do the same.

Even at 0 ap, some people will want it.

matanofx
11-03-2013, 03:35 PM
100% agree i think all gold ap's shd be removed. Thats all,,, There would be no reason left for borrowing gold

^^^ This guy... what a joke

Asked me to join guild just to scam a member a few hours after he joind, and i asked around found out he did that before

Now hes coming here to talk about anti scamming... gross. Im not big on flaming people in forums but the irony of his post is giving me a head ache.

Back on topic, i dont have a problem with the Midas achievement, the problem is within the players and their ability to get away with scamming, no one can stop greed and an ap like this will bring out the worst of some people, sadly.

Long as people who just take the gold and vanish get away with it, we're simply not ready for this type of ap imo. Surely there's room for more pve aps instead.

Zeus
11-03-2013, 03:38 PM
Even at 0 ap, some people will want it.

Yes, they will WANT it.

However, the game is no different without the ap. They can still get on leaderboards and everything. There is no reason for it then unless pure greed.

So, those that are asking for it will be a clear sign that they are being greedy and you should stay AWAY!

Ebezaanec
11-03-2013, 03:46 PM
The lengths people travel for meaningless colorful pixels simply astonishes me..

I personally would never care about that AP.. All those dust-collecting gold won't "buy" me true friends at all. Friends are so much more valuable.

Honestly, without my buddies, I would have to actually think of a reason to pick up my device and actually play.

SayCreed
11-03-2013, 03:47 PM

EDIT:

The 0 Ap with title I disagree...

Scammers don't care about Ap Points.Just Money.
We've all are trying to avoid scam as there are an increase of scam lately
I strongly agree with Jon that Spacetime Games should take the AP of.
All they want is wealth as I wrote on my other post.
If they keep it they should:
Take the title off
Give 0 Ap

I've never been a fan if gold
I'm trying my best to earn as much gold as possible I only have a measly 3k

I suggest that:
The filthy rich Title stays As King said it can be farmed in a few weeks for some people.
Gold finger and Midas touch title goes

Take Midas touch and Gold finger Title removed.

EDIT:Just realised I got the more thanks of this thread than any other

KingMartin
11-03-2013, 03:47 PM

Funny to hear this from you. Frankly, with your hopping in and out of the guild without having given any reason you are one of the reasons why trust between people fades away.

I heard that one of our officers booted you today. I remember you used to be a nice person and I wonder what happened with you or your account. No, in fact, I don't care at all.

Btw, where is your I-can't-call-the-name sorcerer?

steven_soj
11-03-2013, 03:48 PM
Is nice Jon good job

karrdath
11-03-2013, 03:49 PM
I strongly agree with john

matanofx
11-03-2013, 04:04 PM
Funny to hear this from you. Frankly, with your hopping in and out of the guild without having given any reason you are one of the reasons why trust between people fades away.

I heard that one of our officers booted you today. I remember you used to be a nice person and I wonder what happened with you or your account. No, in fact, I don't care at all.

Btw, where is your I-can't-call-the-name sorcerer?

Just a scammer, he admited it i got screen shots. Ignore him

JaytB
11-03-2013, 05:00 PM
+1

The AP was implemented after a suggestion on the forums about it. That said, I agree that it would be a good idea to get rid of it again. It would clearly prevent one of the worst possible scams in game.

I remember devs stating that Arcane eggs had to be hatched to get the achievement, in part to prevent scamming of such an expensive item. Here we're talking of several times the value of such an item, and that's no problem?

So yeah, definitely sounds like a good idea to get rid of the achievement, at least in its current form.

gumball3000
11-03-2013, 05:13 PM
Agreed with the op, this should remove the reason to give anyone trusted or not such a big amount of gold.

keikali
11-03-2013, 05:16 PM
There is no need for the Goldfinger or The Midas Touch AP IMO.

Filthy rich is fine enough. Thanks.

Kakashis
11-03-2013, 05:19 PM
I saw this coming ever since they implemented it! Filthy rich should be the only applies to strive for.

xcainnblecterx
11-03-2013, 05:47 PM
I think midas touch is 40-50% cause of scamming, and the really jacked economy is the rest. If there wasnt only 2 type of gears people want or need to compete in pvp im sure there would also be less scamming. Considering most players see the price of these two types of gears(arcane and mythic) and have no idea howd they ever get that rich they turn to the dark side. Hell ill even admit ive thought about it but im to nice and actually respect what other people have worked for. I used to not take any donations (if you see cass around ask her how hard ot was to give me 20k) but now since i realize any help in this game can go a long way i appreciate it over flying solo. Just saying something should help this state of economy al is in considering in the past week there as been numerous begging threads and now ive been scammed threads. Check pl forum page, rarely see those

JaytB
11-03-2013, 05:49 PM
modas touch

What's a 'modas' touch? :p

Rare
11-03-2013, 05:50 PM
This is a no brainer *kind of*. Satisfying a few people that have actually "earned" the achievement at the expense of many people that couldn't ever hope to accomplish it.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk now Free ('http://tapatalk.com/m?id=10')

xcainnblecterx
11-03-2013, 05:52 PM
What's a 'modas' touch? :p

Fixed and i honestly dont know 80% of the stuff auto correct puts. Got muted.twice in a row last night for auto correct

chitgoks
11-03-2013, 06:02 PM
i still hope they competely remove them. even if they will be 0 ap id still want them cuz i want to complete all my ap lists (except the pvp section)

these scammers all the more made it harder to find people who can actually help lend me some millions for a few seconds just to get those ap

how i wish i found them first.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

j3peaz
11-03-2013, 06:49 PM
I don't have the title and don't want as I'll never get it lol. I agree this title is temptation and removing it will in part get rid of one reason for people to scam and might help remove a blemish for sts. I can't see how anyone wouldn't see this as a no brainer. Remove achievement, APS, but if they allowed those with titles to keep them I don't see an immediate problem although am sure some would complain later

kurd4ever
11-03-2013, 07:57 PM
Ive been scammed by frinds i really trusted couse of this stupid title...it should definitely be removed... made me never trust anyone in this game all cause of the midas AP

Yes its my fault but this title almost force people to scam even closest friends

Alfai
11-03-2013, 08:28 PM
It ws suggested in forum back then to have these aps which i honestly think was absurd.and funny how it was quickly implemented without a thorough thoughts ofits aftermath.

Pooling gold which does not belong to you should never be regarded as AP.its not yours and you cant use it rather than just unlocking points.

Because of this ap many scammers arise.many people turned against their friends.and sorting a scam report seems to take forever when day by day people are being scammed.pls dont be snobbish and outloud saying "its entirely the players fault".id like to see how you play thia game without friends.more and more people are taken advantage simply due to this hazardous AP.people stab each other even losing friends simply due to trust and being suspicious.it does more harm than good imho.

Come on.many other suggestions on new,sensible AP can be implemented not this.since we are a fan of doing ap for things that spawn,do more of em that has minimal risk of harming a players effort.weird that we are reaching season 5 but pve or pvp aps remain the same for example.

Just my 2 cents.nothing to show off really about midas touch rather than making you a target for beggars and scammers.and midas touch is not a lament term so filthy rich should be more than enough.

Hummer
11-03-2013, 08:51 PM
I agree 100 % with OP and Apollo. There are serveral good points backing this up up in this thread too. Do it like the Halloween Achievement, with 0 APs.

I also see on insider information that they will take steps for making it easier to spot scamming (see JaytB's comment #2 here http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?120859-Can-you-spot-the-difference). Which makes the Goldfinger/Midas Touch achievements somewhat weird and contradictory, because it tempts people into scamming 100m, which they would never get any other way.

Joncheese
11-03-2013, 08:53 PM
It ws suggested in forum back then to have these aps which i honestly think was absurd.and funny how it was quickly implemented without a thorough thoughts ofits aftermath.

Pooling gold which does not belong to you should never be regarded as AP.its not yours and you cant use it rather than just unlocking points.

Because of this ap many scammers arise.many people turned against their friends.and sorting a scam report seems to take forever when day by day people are being scammed.pls dont be snobbish and outloud saying "its entirely the players fault".id like to see how you play thia game without friends.more and more people are taken advantage simply due to this hazardous AP.people stab each other even losing friends simply due to trust and being suspicious.it does more harm than good imho.

Come on.many other suggestions on new,sensible AP can be implemented not this.since we are a fan of doing ap for things that spawn,do more of em that has minimal risk of harming a players effort.weird that we are reaching season 5 but pve or pvp aps remain the same for example.

Just my 2 cents.nothing to show off really about midas touch rather than making you a target for beggars and scammers.and midas touch is not a lament term so filthy rich should be more than enough.

Out of thanks alfai :)

Alfai
11-03-2013, 09:45 PM
I saw the comment on these aps rationale.as much as it is designed for players to NOT loan golds to their friends instead making it a rare AP for solo achievement it has many flaws.the lb concept is already questioned.yet its enough as the carrot for people to pursue to be on top by any means they deem necessarry to beat scores gained from players since season 1.and the mechanics of midas touch is opened,hence players who really wana be on lb has to figure out other ways (fastwr) to gather aps coz theres no way they can get all the time missed.and midas touch easily exploited worse opening the risk of scamming to a huge sum.so the flaws of the ap mechanism is yet another thing to look at.we encourage players to help each other in battlea but not in assets?why not lock it down to solo achievement?if not then drop the gold aps.if the intention is making it an incredibly rare ap where it is based on individul effort and wealth,the mechanic of the achievement does not say so.just saying.

U welcome jon.and thanks for highlighting this out.

Frohnatur
11-03-2013, 11:14 PM
+1

I dont think that midas t and goldfinger have anything to do with 'achieving something' other than people go bad ways to 'achieve' this. An achievement should be won with honest work, not with borrowing or scamming. There might be some people being able to achieve this with their money but I dont think we see any of them on the LB. Too busy merching.

Ocelz
11-03-2013, 11:37 PM

Cant be more agree with this.. Hope dev not only 'see' this thread but also at least take an action.

Ocelz
11-03-2013, 11:52 PM
The midas touch AP is meant to be achieved by earning that much gold and not by asking your friends to borrow their gold to get the AP.

The gift function was designed as just that--to give items to other players with no expectation of having them returned to you. When you lend things this way, getting your stuff back depends solely on the goodwill of the “borrower.”

We’re very proud of our community members who want to share their items, and who truly want to help their friends. Sadly, as we are unable to retrieve stolen items—only investigate issues and distribute warnings accordingly—we strongly discourage the use of the gift function to loan items.

Please always keep in mind that we are on the Internet, and that there is no way to be sure who's on the other side of the connection. No matter how many raids you do together, no matter how much you hang out in-game or on the forums, unless you know someone in real life, there's no way to be sure that they're as cool as they've made themselves out to be.

This is what delph reply on other thread coz a lot ppl disagree with the threader and our thread looks like 'miss' to be seen coz too much ppl agree in this idea.. :/ but out of this, just wanna ask.. How can u not trust ur friend if u already long time with him? Just say from season 1, how bout it? For what u become friends then?

Alfai
11-04-2013, 12:10 AM
Suggestions for new aps:

PVE
1.50k kills
2.100k kills

PVP
1.30k kills (title:soulcollector)
2.50k kills (ttile:bloodthirst)

3.20k flags (title:ionlyflag)

Alfai
11-04-2013, 12:11 AM
Suggestions for new aps:

PVE
1.50k kills
2.100k kills

PVP
1.30k kills (title:soulcollector)
2.50k kills (ttile:bloodthirst)

Daddyblu
11-04-2013, 01:28 AM

Firstly I would like to start off by saying that IMO this is THE MOST STUPID AP I HAVE EVER COME ACCROSS. It's also the biggest scamming point in game at the moment. People are losing millions of Gold helping those that they believe they can trust. Only to lose it.

For gods sake STS get rid of this ap, and get rid of the carrot dangling in front of peoples faces. It's a ridiculous AP that proves nothing. If you have this much gold in the first place that is the biggest achievement. Those that have it don't show it off, fact. Let's be honest, there are many other APs that could be done. And there are plenty of threads on that.

Thanks for reading.

Jon

Dear John,

Good morning,

1st of all STS clearly stated do not trust anyone and share anything account, gold , items.

When your friend lend them the money they already know the risk.

I totally disagree of removing the Achievement points Midas Touch.

1. ) because a lot of people get this AP due to Hard work.
2.) They spend real money to convert plats to gold.

It is not fair you removed this AP because of 4 careless people got scammed.

Well in my guild most of us had Midas touch like 50-60 members and i was aware that one of my member can always run away with my gold.
that's why i carefully select the people who borrow the gold.

Daddyblu
11-04-2013, 01:30 AM
Ive been scammed by frinds i really trusted couse of this stupid title...it should definitely be removed... made me never trust anyone in this game all cause of the midas AP

Yes its my fault but this title almost force people to scam even closest friends

LOL the title did not force people to scam friend, if they scam you they are not your true friends.

this is online its rare to have true friends online. that why the only people i lend my gold are the people i know in real life.

I'm sorry guys i totally disagree to removed the AP of Midas Touch.

Just because people get scammed.

It is not fair for people who work hard and spend a lot to get the tittle.

Frohnatur
11-04-2013, 02:28 AM
no problems with removing that little "fair" for the vast amound of "unfair/scam/mistrust/whatever"...

you just try to protect ur precious 100 ap

KingMartin
11-04-2013, 02:30 AM

Well in my guild most of us had Midas touch like 50-60 members and i was aware that one of my member can always run away with my gold.

Hello, don't you think what you say is quite contradictory?

On one hand you say how many people got this title due to hard work. On the other hand you say that 50-60 people in your guild got it thanks to your gold.

And, sorry to say that - if someone spends 5000 bucks to get a title in a game that has limited lifetime then he's somewhat... how to put it... addicted :)

Once again, the point is not only not to get scammed - nobody can scam me because I give gold only to my kids and to the other players I only either give items or I help to farm hard bosses - the point is in all those PM spams, stalking, and guys asking to join guild only with the purpose to gain trust. It brings lots of bad blood into the community and turns friends against friends.

Ocelz
11-04-2013, 02:37 AM
LOL the title did not force people to scam friend, if they scam you they are not your true friends.

this is online its rare to have true friends online. that why the only people i lend my gold are the people i know in real life.

I'm sorry guys i totally disagree to removed the AP of Midas Touch.

Just because people get scammed.

It is not fair for people who work hard and spend a lot to get the tittle.

Lol.. Thats how u said that u careful choose ppl? How if the ppl who u knows in REAL scam u? Scammed can be happen to anybody, buddy. Even how careful u are, if ppl want to scam u, u'll got scammed.

Carmen Ckm
11-04-2013, 03:06 AM
agree with what u said :).. even the best friends of urs will be scammed u just for a simple stupid things

Daddyblu
11-04-2013, 03:09 AM
Lol.. Thats how u said that u careful choose ppl? How if the ppl who u knows in REAL scam u? Scammed can be happen to anybody, buddy. Even how careful u are, if ppl want to scam u, u'll got scammed.

How can people in real life scammed you if your just few house away lol.

We are like 20-30 members that we see each other on a weekend and duh! all of us are earning a lot of USD per month in the middle east. i dont think 100m is worth it to betray your friends specially when your few house away lol.

Daddyblu
11-04-2013, 03:11 AM
agree with what u said :).. even the best friends of urs will be scammed u just for a simple stupid things

Sorry guys im just lucky that my friends are not like that.

We are from ages 25-40 on my guild. so the bond of trust and professionalism is already inside.

Joncheese
11-04-2013, 03:29 AM
Dear John,

Good morning,

1st of all STS clearly stated do not trust anyone and share anything account, gold , items.

When your friend lend them the money they already know the risk.

It is not fair you removed this AP because of 4 careless people got scammed.

Morning Sprtuz,

Firstly myself and Emma can say that before we bought our staffs we actually achieved this title. So we are 2 of the few people that actually deserve it. I can GUARENTEE you that those of us that obtained this title by the real methods wouldnt give 2 hoots if we lost the AP's.

Secondly we are not talking about careless people. You say your guild has 50-60 members with the midas touch..... Do you realise how lucky you are to have not been scammed?

Thirdly as quite clearly stated here:

For gods sake STS get rid of this ap, and get rid of the carrot dangling in front of peoples faces. It's a ridiculous AP that proves nothing. If you have this much gold in the first place that is the biggest achievement. Those that have it don't show it off, fact. [/B]

The people that have truly obtained the Midas touch the right way dont actually care about the AP points, and what we are suggesting is that those that have it keep the title. 100 AP points dont make any different in leaderboard and as quite clearly stated here:

Why?

I would rather have trust and friends in game than this anyday. I would say the general consensus is the same and you are in a minority of one. But you're entitled to your opinion.

How can people in real life scammed you if your just few house away lol.

We are like 20-30 members that we see each other on a weekend and duh! all of us are earning a lot of USD per month in the middle east. i dont think 100m is worth it to betray your friends specially when your few house away lol.

In real life you can get arrested or go to prison. You cant here. There is no justice system. This argument is irrelevant.

Sorry guys im just lucky that my friends are not like that.

We are from ages 25-40 on my guild. so the bond of trust and professionalism is already inside.

Ocelz guild was the same. The person that scammed them was a trusted friend of months and was an officer in the guild. No different to you. I really think you should look outside your narrow feild of vision here.

Why are you so against it being banned? What are you afraid of losing? I don't understand why it would be such a big deal? I'm just curious to know.

+1

I dont think that midas t and goldfinger have anything to do with 'achieving something' other than people go bad ways to 'achieve' this. An achievement should be won with honest work, not with borrowing or scamming. There might be some people being able to achieve this with their money but I dont think we see any of them on the LB. Too busy merching.

I would say the majority of the leaderboard have it.

Daddyblu
11-04-2013, 03:39 AM
Well john,

A lot of LB players don't have it and it is one of our advantage since i don't have flag AP we started playing on Season 3.

A lot of LB players remain on people because they started long ago. No way you can catch up on 50-70k pvp kills, 500k PVE kills LOL! its not that they are that good they just started ahead of us.

In short John this AP is worth 300AP 10m,50m,100m with out this i wont be on top 15 warrior LOL!

Me and my friends spend a lot of USD for this game to get that AP.

Im sorry for the people who was scammed but as STS always say never share or trust anyone.

Joncheese
11-04-2013, 03:47 AM
Well john,

A lot of LB players don't have it and it is one of our advantage since i don't have flag AP we started playing on Season 3.

A lot of LB players remain on people because they started long ago. No way you can catch up on 50-70k pvp kills, 500k PVE kills LOL! its not that they are that good they just started ahead of us.

Im sorry for the people who was scammed but as STS always say never share or trust anyone.

Im currently doing my flag AP's and PVP AP's. I started in Season 4 and i can sympathise, but thats life i suppose.

I too have spent GBP on this game and the reward i have got is the experience within the game. I can see why you guys would be upset but IMHO and to the majority this is not a worthy AP anyway. It doesnt mean that you have achieved much in game and certainly doesnt make you a better player (you dont need this to show off how good a player you are, you're already a fearsome tank who myself and emma cringe at when you enter against us, and cheer when you join our team).

I can see we're going to disagree here, so lets just say we'll agree to disagree.

See you in game mate.

Terracio
11-04-2013, 03:49 AM
I agree. And the scammers are pure scum. I know a few people are thinking "it's just a a game" and that's the scary thing "it's just a game", what would these people do IRL when things "do matter" ?

Joncheese
11-04-2013, 03:50 AM
I agree. And the scammers are pure scum. I know a few people are thinking "it's just a a game" and that's the scary thing "it's just a game", what would these people do IRL when things "do matter" ?

In real life they would be sharing a cell with BUBBA and would be watching if they dropped the soap. :D

Emmacheese
11-04-2013, 03:55 AM
Well john,

In short John this AP is worth 300AP 10m,50m,100m with out this i wont be on top 15 warrior LOL!

So really you are just thinking about yourself then? I'm on the lb (just) and i have these AP's but I would give away all my points to get rid of this stupid AP. Anyone being scammed and hurting from this is more important than 300 points. And btw we are saying remove 2 so that would be 200 points :-)
Lol your one of those players that wears the title aren't you?

Meh selfish thinking imo :grey:

Daddyblu
11-04-2013, 04:48 AM
Sorry guys if you had a bad experience because of this AP.

Maybe im just lucky my friends are not like that.

The Elitista Midas Touch Pics

Ocelz
11-04-2013, 04:49 AM
So really you are just thinking about yourself then? I'm on the lb (just) and i have these AP's but I would give away all my points to get rid of this stupid AP. Anyone being scammed and hurting from this is more important than 300 points. And btw we are saying remove 2 so that would be 200 points :-)
Lol your one of those players that wears the title aren't you?

Meh selfish thinking imo :grey:

From what i always see bout his thread in this forum, yea he is a selfish one and like to show off bout his earnings and how much he already spent lol.. Pls wake up, spart. Not only u that already spent thousand dollars in this game, no need to brag bout ur earnings or ur friends. Thats really off of the topics here. And bout flag, u can do it in 1 season if u want to, same like pve kills. The reason is u just dont want too or too lazy to do it maybe, just want the easy one using money. :) FYI my midas in from hard work too.

Daddyblu
11-04-2013, 04:59 AM
From what i always see bout his thread in this forum, yea he is a selfish one and like to show off bout his earnings and how much he already spent lol.. Pls wake up, spart. Not only u that already spent thousand dollars in this game, no need to brag bout ur earnings or ur friends. Thats really off of the topics here. And bout flag, u can do it in 1 season if u want to, same like pve kills. The reason is u just dont want too or too lazy to do it maybe, just want the easy one using money. :) FYI my midas in from hard work too.

So you guys think by removing this AP the scamming will stop?
Before STS release this AP a lot of scamming has already been done.

All im saying is its not because of this AP people are getting scammed.

You get scammed because you where too nice to let them borrow your gold with out even thinking that once you give it you cant force them to get it back.

thats why STS always remind players that never share account info, items , gold ect.

No one is to blamed you got fooled just careful next time.

Daddyblu
11-04-2013, 05:08 AM
" Originally Posted by Delphina "

The midas touch AP is meant to be achieved by earning that much gold and not by asking your friends to borrow their gold to get the AP.

The gift function was designed as just that--to give items to other players with no expectation of having them returned to you. When you lend things this way, getting your stuff back depends solely on the goodwill of the “borrower.”

We’re very proud of our community members who want to share their items, and who truly want to help their friends. Sadly, as we are unable to retrieve stolen items—only investigate issues and distribute warnings accordingly—we strongly discourage the use of the gift function to loan items.

Please always keep in mind that we are on the Internet, and that there is no way to be sure who's on the other side of the connection. No matter how many raids you do together, no matter how much you hang out in-game or on the forums, unless you know someone in real life, there's no way to be sure that they're as cool as they've made themselves out to be.

I totally Agree with this, that i only lend Gold to the people i know in real life.

Ocelz
11-04-2013, 05:10 AM
This AP makes scam case increase, havent u realized it? -.-' all the scammers make this achvmnt for reason, and we need something more positive achvmnt like pve kills maybe, or adding pvp section maybe. And as u can see, this achvmnt a little hard to achieve alone if u are not a plat user. Get an arcane and sold it for achvmnt? Ok, but from where arcane drops? Locked. Boxes contain junks. Plat again isnt it?

Daddyblu
11-04-2013, 05:15 AM
This AP makes scam case increase, havent u realized it? -.-' all the scammers make this achvmnt for reason, and we need something more positive achvmnt like pve kills maybe, or adding pvp section maybe. And as u can see, this achvmnt a little hard to achieve alone if u are not a plat user. Get an arcane and sold it for achvmnt? Ok, but from where arcane drops? Locked. Boxes contain junks. Plat again isnt it?

Why cant you guys understand no one will get scammed if you used your head!

This is online dont trust anyone but your friends in real life.

It is your own fault for trusting people online.

In real life a lot of people got rob by friends or family even there own son steal money from there parents,

HOW MUCH MORE ON ONLINE WHEN YOU DID NOT EVEN MEET THEM

GUYS!

COMMON SENSE!

YOU DONT KNOW THEM IN REAL LIFE AND YOU CAN TRANCE THEM WHEN THEY SCAM YOU

Emmacheese
11-04-2013, 05:17 AM
It's will reduce the temptation of the scam! If you can't see that then I just don't know what to tell ya ......

Daddyblu
11-04-2013, 05:20 AM
It's will reduce the temptation of the scam! If you can't see that then I just don't know what to tell ya ......

true it will be a temptation to scam i agree.

But as i told you guys dont trust anyone online unless you know them in real life.

this will be a lesson to all of us / even my guild mates as a guild master i told them don't trust anyone including me ^_^

Emmacheese
11-04-2013, 05:23 AM
I'm sorry but daddyblu you are the only 1 here making an issue of this very productive thread. You are lucky you get to play with real life friends. A lot of people come on the game to socialise with there online friends, I am also lucky Jon and I play together but I have made some great friends in this game, and when you form a friendship you also form TRUST. And greed can over rule that ....... Like Jon said it's like dangling the carrot in front of the donkey.

In real life a lot of people got rob by friends or family even there own son steal money from there parents,

GUYS!

COMMON SENSE!

Daddyblu
11-04-2013, 05:28 AM
I'm sorry but daddyblu you are the only 1 here making an issue of this very productive thread. You are lucky you get to play with real life friends. A lot of people come on the game to socialise with there online friends, I am also lucky Jon and I play together but I have made some great friends in this game, and when you form a friendship you also form TRUST. And greed can over rule that ....... Like Jon said it's like dangling the carrot in front of the donkey.

Sorry Emma well before you let them borrow any items or gold just always ask your self if can i trust this guy, will he return my gold/ items back? / do i really know him?.

Also be ready for the bad things might happened.

See you all and dont trust anyone in this game if it involve gold and items.

Bye!

Emmacheese
11-04-2013, 05:29 AM
It's just sad it has come to this as I have lost all trust in people and in the game!

Joncheese
11-04-2013, 05:32 AM

I totally Agree with this, that i only lend Gold to the people i know in real life.

So you know all 60 people in Real life? I doubt that.

You're continually missing the point, and you have proved here is that this AP is primarily achieved by people lending money. Which is exactly what this AP isnt meant to be about.

Taking away the AP will be taking away temptation. Taking away temptation means minimising risk. Minimising risk means better game for everyone.

I hope you never get scammed like my friends. If you do dont come crying to me. The only reason you're worried about this is LB. And if you havent got there without this AP IMO you dont deserve it. This doesnt show that you're a good player.

This is just my opinion.

Daddyblu
11-04-2013, 05:33 AM
It's just sad it has come to this as I have lost all trust in people and in the game!

well you can still enjoy the game with our letting people borrow your items or gold.

no one can blame you if you don't let them borrow anything your just being careful and its normal because you dont know them personally.

Just learn how to say " NO " emma.

i know its hard but if they are your real friends they will understand why you say no.

Daddyblu
11-04-2013, 05:36 AM
So you know all 60 people in Real life? I doubt that.

You're continually missing the point, and you have proved here is that this AP is primarily achieved by people lending money. Which is exactly what this AP isnt meant to be about.

Taking away the AP will be taking away temptation. Taking away temptation means minimising risk. Minimising risk means better game for everyone.

I hope you never get scammed like my friends. If you do dont come crying to me.

I know about 20-30 yes in real life and the rest are friends of friends who they also know in real life.

Example 1 office A is my old classmate playing with me and officer B is his cousin or neighbor that he can guarantee that person wont run with the gold.

Emmacheese
11-04-2013, 05:37 AM
well you can still enjoy the game with our letting people borrow your items or gold.

no one can blame you if you don't let them borrow anything your just being careful and its normal because you dont know them personally.

Just learn how to say " NO " emma.

i know its hard but if they are your real friends they will understand why you say no.

It's about friendships being ruined over this ..... Sigh I don't understand why you aren't getting this. A lot of people just play for the social aspect of the game. And this AP is in place and of course you want to help your friends....

And I'm sorry daddyblu but weren't you the one also sticking up for a well known scammer/harasser a few days ago on the forums :/ I'm pretty sure you know what I mean ...

Emmacheese
11-04-2013, 05:42 AM
I know about 20-30 yes in real life and the rest are friends of friends who they also know in real life.

Example 1 office A is my old classmate playing with me and officer B is his cousin or neighbor that he can guarantee that person wont run with the gold.

Well then you are just lucky. Many people aren't fortunate to have that in-game, and consider there in-game friends true and real friends. I know I do with a couple of people .....

Can we please get back to talking about banning this AP kthx

Daddyblu
11-04-2013, 05:44 AM
Well then you are just lucky. Many people aren't fortunate to have that in-game, and consider there in-game friends true and real friends. I know I do with a couple of people .....

yup lucky indeed sorry for your friends lost.

Deadroth
11-04-2013, 05:51 AM
Sorry Emma well before you let them borrow any items or gold just always ask your self if can i trust this guy, will he return my gold/ items back? / do i really know him?.

Bye!

GUYS!

COMMON SENSE!

Yeah.. Don't talk to anyone.. He may scam You... *sarcasm*

The meritoric level of this meaningful disputation, about scamming starts to be paranoid...

The M M O R P G Is created for purpose of co-operation between players..

So... It is impossible to do not trust to anyone, since You don't know him in real life.. (or, sorry, it is impossible to me)

Being a reculse, who bites, when You will ask "woah, nice vanity", isn't good idea.. for example ofc..

If You play this game... later, or earlier you will trust someone... and You will earn trust from others too.

Sorry Spart.. Maybe not everyone is sooooooo smaaart as You are..

That may sounds selfish.. But i need to admit, this game doesn't have point of existence without friendship of virtual players,
who unite in guilds, to achieve their own purposes ect.

If You tell us, to do not trust anyone, except Your well-known real life friends, You start to close Yourself in the 'bubble',
in which You won't have place to anyone except You.

I have many friends... I have.. 3 Bestfriends. And i trust them all, i don't care, They live on second part of world.. And play, when i have sweet dreams. We earned our trust, cause of the time, we have spent together, and i bet, scammer WOULD NOT be my friend in this game :) (I would kick him, report, and killed his reputation if so, ikik i am bastard.) That is the point, You need to belive in Your friends, and vice versa. The friendship - bond, which takes much time to grow, needs to be nurtured every day.

The friends are Your true treasure... Not gold..

None dares to scam You from friends, You can't put them in trade.. or in gift window..

They can help You, when You had bad time,

And they won't abandon You, even if You will have big troubles.

I am talking, about my friends, and about bond, which we together made, in months, of time we spent together.

This is what i wanted to mention about paranoid of 'anti-friendship' here..

Now time for app..

As my Bestfriend said in first post, it should be deleted.

Why?

I will allow myself to affirm the tragic situation here.

This ap works like wrong circle..

Pepole want to get it -> They gain money -> (There are scammers also so) They scam money -> They are getting ap -> They showing it -> Pepole want to get them too (here circle closes)

But the main, and worst point is, without the achievments, Pepole haven't been scammed for such big amounts of gold. So, My calculation shows, the community will suffer more. The scams will double, triple, and it will be 'everyday' someday..

To avoid such scams, such wasted amounts of hard-earned gold,

Devs, Mods, please, hear my desire, of saving pepole, who can be scammed by awful creatures, in purpose of getting this app..

Pepole, even if They wanted to use 'heads' to avoid scams, there will still be big ones.

Scammers were, are and will be here..

Better be prepared for that, when we will gain money for that ap, (hopefully not) we may get scammed.

Daddyblu
11-04-2013, 07:29 AM
Hi Death,

You can still make friends with out letting them borrow your items / gold.

I think they can understand that.

Also true that its hard to avoid this things specially he or she is already with you for 5-6 months.
We as a human create this attach feelings to our online friends who we encounter in a few months, we cant avoid it.
I do have a lot of online friends and guild members who borrow gold.
But the time when they borrow gold it depends on the amount and how long they stayed in my guild.

True its very hard to judge where he or she will not scammed you.
also this is a way of testing your friendship.

I know one guy we are not close and by accident my girl gift the Mythic 36 weapon to him :P.
his name was Beelzebob, he can always say sorry its your mistake i cant give it back to you.
But when i pm him he return it with no hassle .
his not even my friend - i just know him like 2-3 weeks ago.

In online we cant truly tell who is fake or real.
Im glad i meet a few people online who is very friendly and can be trusted.

Emmacheese
11-04-2013, 07:33 AM
Ok so daddyblu ...... Would you give 100m for the AP to a fellow officer and a friend online you have known since season 1 and also loaned other things too and got back in the past?

smuggs
11-04-2013, 07:36 AM
The whole trust deal also counts on a scammer being impatient and greedy....yes all scammers are greedy but as we've seen as of late, they're far from stupid and impatient. For this ap it doesn't take 15 minutes or even 2 months (usually) to gain the kind of trust required to give out that kind of gold. Itd be like meeting someone and handing them a couple thousand dollars because they say. "You can trust me, you've known me for 15 minutes now," no, these people are nurturing relationships and friendships for the long road. They know peoples emotions and how to play them, and they utilize it 5 - 6 months down the road to take you for all youre worth. Its not something you can say "Don't trust people who aren't your best friends," because in 5 - 6 months they can make you believe they are your best friend in game and could never do something so low...wrong. just get rid of the ap.

Emmacheese
11-04-2013, 07:45 AM
Out of thanks ... This is exactly what is happening!

The whole trust deal also counts on a scammer being impatient and greedy....yes all scammers are greedy but as we've seen as of late, they're far from stupid and impatient. For this ap it doesn't take 15 minutes or even 2 months (usually) to gain the kind of trust required to give out that kind of gold. Itd be like meeting someone and handing them a couple thousand dollars because they say. "You can trust me, you've known me for 15 minutes now," no, these people are nurturing relationships and friendships for the long road. They know peoples emotions and how to play them, and they utilize it 5 - 6 months down the road to take you for all youre worth. Its not something you can say "Don't trust people who aren't your best friends," because in 5 - 6 months they can make you believe they are your best friend in game and could never do something so low...wrong. just get rid of the ap.

Emmacheese
11-04-2013, 07:50 AM
And from my past experiences with MMO's this is the only game I have played that don't do anything to punish these players and have a very fair support system ..... With all the irl money I spend on this game I expect more :/

Daddyblu
11-04-2013, 07:57 AM
Ok so daddyblu ...... Would you give 100m for the AP to a fellow officer and a friend online you have known since season 1 and also loaned other things too and got back in the past?

Yes Emma,

As i said i let a few people who i did not know for the 100m AP.

they are friends of friends.

Im just lucky no one run away with my gold LOL.

Daddyblu
11-04-2013, 07:58 AM
And from my past experiences with MMO's this is the only game I have played that don't do anything to punish these players and have a very fair support system ..... With all the irl money I spend on this game I expect more :/

True, I mean they should have a recall system and conversation log.

If its proven they should return the item / gold.

Emmacheese
11-04-2013, 08:01 AM
Yes Emma,

As i said i let a few people who i did not know for the 100m AP.

they are friends of friends.

Im just lucky no one run away with my gold LOL.

Well I'm glad you agree because ..... This was the case with one of my friends on Saturday and now he has quit because he feels so betrayed, he lost 100m but he is more disappointed with his friend that scammed him and the fact support don't do ANYTHING and he is also a big plat spender so also pays to play! ...... Again there is only one word to describe this and that is GREED

True, I mean they should have a recall system and conversation log.

If its proven they should return the item / gold.

And to STS pull your finger out for god sake and do something about this, you need to look after the players (customers) in this game.

Paulsebi
11-04-2013, 08:03 AM
What I can say more than Emma / Job already said? Nothing! BUT I TOTALLY AGREE WITH THEM AND THE MAJORITY HERE!

STS, in the benefit of AL game ban the 50 mil and 100 mil APS.

It's not helping anyone!

BAN BAN BAN!

Paulsebi
11-04-2013, 08:08 AM
Let's do a revolution!

I requested EOS via EOS thread to support this thread and share their opinion here :

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?110442-*-EPITOME-OF-SILENTKILL-*-new-guild-thread!&p=1323460&viewfull=1#post1323460

Hope you guys do the same in your guilds. Let's give to scammers less temptations to SCAM :) Lame players

Daddyblu
11-04-2013, 08:09 AM
Well I'm glad you agree because ..... This was the case with one of my friends on Saturday and now he has quit because he feels so betrayed, he lost 100m but he is more disappointed with his friend that scammed him and the fact support don't do ANYTHING and he is also a big plat spender so also pays to play! ...... Again there is only one word to describe this and that is GREED

100M is a lot of gold wish STS can do anything to get it back.

Did he print screen the whole conversation or agreement sort of thing that you can send to STS.

Maybe that will help i know STS can block a device and can trace the owner of the device.

If that guy is a plat user it is easy for STS to get hold of his true identity, for every plat purchase you used your credit card but also they wont share it.

what they can do is they can banned the device this guy is using by tracing up his Apple Id / User.

And hope they can do a recall system to replace your gold.

KingMartin
11-04-2013, 08:11 AM
I can help saying that this thread has been hijacked a bit.

Yes, one should help materially only to people one trusts, but...

Material APs encourage scammers and this brings bad emotions into the game. The AP belong to be canceled IMHO. And I am not saying it because I will never have the 100m AP.

Emmacheese
11-04-2013, 08:17 AM
Yes it has I agree but I also think in the bigger picture it is all relevant and it's about time this was noticed before more people get hurt

Also queeny you are a true player ..... I offered you the 10mil ap and you turned it down because you wanted to achieve it by yourself ..... This is very rare and I take my hat off to you :-)

I can help saying that this thread has been hijacked a bit.

Yes, one should help materially only to people one trusts, but...

Material APs encourage scammers and this brings bad emotions into the game. The AP belong to be canceled IMHO. And I am not saying it because I will never have the 100m AP.

Kjalisi
11-04-2013, 09:02 AM
I totally agree with OP and I'm so sorry that that happened to any of you or your guildies :/

Anyone who thinks it is so black and white as "don't lend gold to people you don't know" need to realise that this is a micro society. It's not real life but it reflects it... people spend a lot of time on this game playing and farming with the same people for months and months and forming bonds. If someone says "I will help you get Midas Touch I have 25mil" and you have known that person for months and months, its no so easy to go against human nature and say "sorry friend I don't trust you" if you can't trust your friends and this game is all about friends then where are we?

As Jon says, this AP merely provides a temptation and helps people to hatch the idea of scamming their "friends" out of millions of gold. Further to this... it might not even be that that person goes into the trade with the intention of stealing the money but in that moment when they see all that gold its just all too easy.

I did in fact have a close encounter of this sort here is the abridged version:

"hey kja can I borrow the last 6mil to get midas touch AP that I'm doing with friends? I'll give you two mythic weapons as safeguard"

"sure" *trades*

"hey im back look at all my titles *displays all gold related titles* if you want this I can get it for you but you will have to give me your username and password. I'll log on to your account and give you the title"

"erm no way... I'm not giving you the password to my mythic upgraded rogue account with guild.. no AP is worth me giving you my login details"

"oh ok nvm" *trades back gold for bows*

I didn't do it.

I know people who have done it.

Eski
11-04-2013, 09:04 AM
The ones who ware this title are people who lend the money
And almost no non plat gamer wiil get the title without lending ,so the title and the ap are ridiculess..

Eski
11-04-2013, 09:06 AM
Btw whats next "the good one" ,have to waste 100k plat?

Venom
11-04-2013, 09:10 AM
It wasn't meant to be earned by loaning anyways, but players are gonna be players.. Players like borrowing, loaning, and now scamming.. So they use the shortcut. Some get lucky and get all their money back. Some trust the wrong person and lose the items/gold. We all trust a wrong person at some point in game.

Keeping titles and taking away the points is actually a good solution to this. People who have that kind of gold can show off their titles. The ones who ask to loan your 50/100m so they can get a title with 0 AP, you know they wanna rip you off. Moreover, easy to say NO or ignore such requests as it won't be a necessary achievement in terms of reaching the leaderboard.

Kjalisi
11-04-2013, 09:14 AM

Funny you should say this. There is at least on particular (and I believe and hope he is known for this) scammer in game who does JUST THAT. So be warned people... here is the scam.

-joins guild
-starts acting all nice and friendly and loveable to all guildies slowly establishing friendships with each one of them.
-privately asks guildies to borrow gold. at first small amounts. each times returns the gold promptly and without problems.
-continues to do this for a while. builds up trust relationship. no1 can ever say a bad thing about him cos he is so trustworthy.
-"borrows" expensive items such as mythic or arcane.
-disappears. changes name.
-is now full mythic player with arcane gear.

Its a shame but people like this make it -REALLY- hard to know who you can trust.

Joncheese
What I can say more than Emma / Job already said? Nothing! BUT I TOTALLY AGREE WITH THEM AND THE MAJORITY HERE!

STS, in the benefit of AL game ban the 50 mil and 100 mil APS.

It's not helping anyone!

BAN BAN BAN!

Thank you so much for your support Paul. It won't be forgotten.

^^^ This guy... what a joke

Asked me to join guild just to scam a member a few hours after he joind, and i asked around found out he did that before

Now hes coming here to talk about anti scamming... gross. Im not big on flaming people in forums but the irony of his post is giving me a head ache.

Back on topic, i dont have a problem with the Midas achievement, the problem is within the players and their ability to get away with scamming, no one can stop greed and an ap like this will bring out the worst of some people, sadly.

Long as people who just take the gold and vanish get away with it, we're simply not ready for this type of ap imo. Surely there's room for more pve aps instead.

Perhaps me and you need to collaborate screen shots and get a case together matan. Message me in game so we can have a chat.

Emmacheese
I just hope this thread stays alive and something is done! Please take notice of this STS don't push it to one side. Before anyone else gets scammed.

Joncheese
11-04-2013, 09:15 AM
It wasn't meant to be earned by loaning anyways, but players are gonna be players.. Players like borrowing, loaning, and now scamming.. So they use the shortcut. Some get lucky and get all their money back. Some trust the wrong person and lose the items/gold. We all trust a wrong person at some point in game.

Keeping titles and taking away the points is actually a good solution to this. People who have that kind of gold can show off their titles. The ones who ask to loan your 50/100m so they can get a title with 0 AP, you know they wanna rip you off. Moreover, easy to say NO or ignore such requests as it won't be a necessary achievement in terms of reaching the leaderboard.

Well said Venom.

Eski
11-04-2013, 09:22 AM

Their own fault to be scammed ,in the end the friendship ends if its about the gold (please dont understand me wrong ,my english is not the best)

Paulsebi
11-04-2013, 09:24 AM
I just hope this thread stays alive and something is done! Please take notice of this STS don't push it to one side. Before anyone else gets scammed.

If you want to keep this thread alive and make STS hear the voice of AL, do what I actually did :

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?110442-*-EPITOME-OF-SILENTKILL-*-new-guild-thread!&p=1323460&viewfull=1#post1323460

Inform your own guild to post their opinions in this thread, spread it around. STS should listen to their customers and do something if most will say their opinion.

Let's keep it alive!

Frohnatur
11-04-2013, 09:25 AM
STS just TURN IT OFF

i will notice my guildies too to support the case. Thanks paul for beeing such a good inspiration.

Spyce
11-04-2013, 09:26 AM
You shouldn't trust ANYONE, period.

Rare
11-04-2013, 09:29 AM

Bye!

So you're saying the only problem here is possibly being scammed? What about the fact that the whole idea of the achievement itself is lost?

That is sad. But, don't fear. There are a lot of trustworthy people in this game. And most of them will NEVER ask for your things.

You shouldn't trust ANYONE, period.

Better yet, trust anyone you want, but don't get attached to pixels and fake gold. Do like I and a lot of my friends do. If you "like" someone enough or "trust" them, then gift them what they want (or need), and hope that one day it will come back around.

Daddyblu
11-04-2013, 09:32 AM

True but still dont agree that 50-100m will be 0AP.

How about the players who spend a lot of time farming 5-9 who is truly worth for this 100AP and the people who spend a lot of money just to get this 100AP.

I mean just dont let anyone borrow gold or items. i know its hard to avoid but im sure they will understand.

100m is not a small amount to borrowed and this app is not meant to be borrowed anyways.

This is like a tie breaker from hard working people who like to farm and from the people who like to pvp all the time.

People who spend time more in pvp than farming will be force to farm and people who farm all the time will be force to pvp if they want to get the pvp AP.

Daddyblu
11-04-2013, 09:35 AM

Eski
11-04-2013, 09:40 AM
Those achievments has made nice players to scammers.

KingMartin
11-04-2013, 09:40 AM
Yes it has I agree but I also think in the bigger picture it is all relevant and it's about time this was noticed before more people get hurt

Also queeny you are a true player ..... I offered you the 10mil ap and you turned it down because you wanted to achieve it by yourself ..... This is very rare and I take my hat off to you :-)

Lady never takes hat off to a gentleman :)

True story, I really wanted to prove to myself that farming Filthy Rich title was possible - and it is, as I have farmed Filthy Rich title 3 times already (but bought myth sets, Razorbacks and Scythe which makes me go broke again and again :D )

While Goldfinger may still be farmable title (if you don't buy anything, which is quite a stupid policy and takes the joy away) I think Midas Touch can be achieved only by massive involving of IRL money or by ripping off other players playing lowball. Or, scam.

Daddyblu
11-04-2013, 09:42 AM
Those achievments has made nice players to scammers.

not true, its just how they are.

the true color of human nature and greed.

everyone has greed inside but its how you handle it.

don't let greed take over you its not worth losing your friends.

Emmacheese
11-04-2013, 09:51 AM

Yes we maybe on the internet but I still class some people in this game as my good friends. This is insulting to me IMO because real life friends let you down also. Not everyone is a Catfish. And it is a chance you take online and in real life. Difference is in real life something can be done about it. Can I ask why you can't retrieve stolen goods? Other MMO's can? After all this isn't really a free to play game now is it.

Back on topic the only way to solve this is to remove this AP ...... No brainer really.

Emmacheese
11-04-2013, 09:53 AM
If you want to keep this thread alive and make STS hear the voice of AL, do what I actually did :

Inform your own guild to post their opinions in this thread, spread it around. STS should listen to their customers and do something if most will say their opinion.

Let's keep it alive!
Already on it Paul :-) thanks for your support

Emmacheese
11-04-2013, 09:55 AM
not true, its just how they are.

the true color of human nature and greed.

everyone has greed inside but its how you handle it.

don't let greed take over you its not worth losing your friends.

Again the donkey picture has to come out.

Daddyblu
11-04-2013, 09:57 AM
Again the donkey picture has to come out.

I say NO to OAP points and STS should help you guys get the gold back.

END!

Rare
11-04-2013, 10:05 AM
You know, maybe they SHOULD put some kind of a grace period on your gold.

If you want the achievment you need to hold your gold for a week (or longer even). You're right, you won't be able to use it, but that's the price of getting the achievement. Now, its not going to help everyone. Yes, some people WILL still be dumb enough to give their gold away. But it should prevent most people.

On the one hand, while I do agree its a no brainer that this AP shouldn't have been introduced (and should probably be removed). On the other hand, I see where sprtcuz is coming from with regard to paying real money (if anyone is really that wealthy that they would blow that much plat to buy gold for some "title").

GoodSyntax
11-04-2013, 10:17 AM
The more I see in game, the more I realize that this thread is right on the mark.

Having these APs encourages greed, scamming and ruthless, uncivilized behavior. Especially when everything is done at risk and is purely based upon trust. Unfortunately, this has a counter productive result that discourages trust - and this will inevitably damage the game in ways we cannot imagine right now.

At the end of the day, what is the point of these specific APs - to see how much gold you can accumulate? At least the other APs have a purpose - to drive the storyline forward, these are purely greed oriented achievements and usually leave a trail of victims in their wake.

Pandamoni
11-04-2013, 10:19 AM
Personally, I do think that the AP causes people to want that AP so bad they will resort to deviant measures to achieve it but I can't help thinking that removing it won't make a difference and people will still get scammed...the difference being that they will get scammed of an item or two, not all of their gold, so it will sting a bit less. I like the idea of having to hold the gold for a certain amount of time to make it award the AP because it makes it easier to say no, "Oh, sorry. I can't loan you my gold for a week. There are some things I want to buy".

I've loaned stuff and gold and never gotten it back but I was prepared for that to happen. And I don't think that NOT trusting people is the solution. It seems that the solution that makes the most sense, removing the AP, won't be implemented because it does lead to people opening crates (at least I'm assuming this is why?) so finding solutions that may help keep thefts from happening (aside from the obvious of not loaning out gold) may make STG more inclined to bring about a change.

inkredible
11-04-2013, 10:24 AM

Thanks for reading.

Jon

STS Please take note of what some of the most respected players in this game are saying, with so much support on this thread surely you can look at the point we are trying to get accross.

Thank you everyone in DM EOS and all other top guilds for your support

lmdao totally agree, but geez why u gotta sound so mad LMFAO, its like youre yelling at sts

Saribeau
11-04-2013, 10:28 AM
agree completely

Emmacheese
It's called a well written productive post mate. He isn't mad ..... I AM, I've lost a very dear friend this weekend because of this AP. So yes I will yell at sts if it means them fixing this.

lmdao totally agree, but geez why u gotta sound so mad LMFAO, its like youre yelling at sts

Daddyblu
You know, maybe they SHOULD put some kind of a grace period on your gold.

If you want the achievment you need to hold your gold for a week (or longer even). You're right, you won't be able to use it, but that's the price of getting the achievement. Now, its not going to help everyone. Yes, some people WILL still be dumb enough to give their gold away. But it should prevent most people.

On the one hand, while I do agree its a no brainer that this AP shouldn't have been introduced (and should probably be removed). On the other hand, I see where sprtcuz is coming from with regard to paying real money (if anyone is really that wealthy that they would blow that much plat to buy gold for some "title").

Well if sts well refund me from all the cash i purchase on plats and converted go gold ill agree on this.

But since its 100% no refund then i say no. Not fair for the rest of us who did not do anything wrong.
I know im not the only person who spend a lot from this game.
But its your gold its your responsibility how to take care of it.

Few made a mistake its normal on human nature. Then learn from it,

kamikazees
11-04-2013, 10:37 AM
It's also the biggest scamming point in game at the moment. People are losing millions of Gold helping those that they believe they can trust. Only to lose it.

I am a relatively new player (barely have 100k gold), but I am not sure I follow here. How are people getting scammed over this title? Does the deceptive "friend" ask to "borrow" several million from several friends so he can get the achievement? Then he logs off?

And if that is what is going on, why do they do it (besides to scam someone)? Does everyone get some award for getting the title?

Emmacheese
11-04-2013, 10:38 AM
Well if sts well refund me from all the cash i purchase on plats and converted go gold ill agree on this.

But since its 100% no refund then i say no. Not fair for the rest of us who did not do anything wrong.
I know im not the only person who spend a lot from this game.
But its your gold its your responsibility how to take care of it.

Few made a mistake its normal on human nature. Then learn from it,

If you converted the plat to cash (which is absurd) then you can hold onto if for awhile and get the AP that way shouldn't be a problem eh?

Yes it is human nature ..... If everyone thought it was a mistake to trust where would we be?

Pvpandctf
11-04-2013, 10:52 AM

Why?

I luv you!

inkredible
11-04-2013, 10:54 AM

She has her points, Sts have their point. this is just a game to them.. but this is personal to players
as much as you choose not to, sometimes you do get connected with people in a very unique way in this game.. and you end up trusting them "FOOLISHLY"
and in the end.. whos always to blame? when you get screwed over? YOU, always YOU .. which really just becomes real emotional to people
and they get mad at themselves for being stupid and blame the people who used them. It becomes discouraging to play this game when that happens. Its not about the gold.. its about friends betraying

STS doesnt support scamming, and they are well aware that friends will gather money for 100m ap because its not easy to get
but by keeping this AP.. they are technically encouraging people to scam..cuz they already know the possible outcome.. but at the same time they are parenting.. in such a way " DO NOT TRUST PEOPLE YOU MEET IN GAME. "
everything you do will always have some kind of risk that comes with it.. comes down to how careful you are. There are a bunch of kids in the game who are easily fooled also
... 13-50+ yrs old ppl play this game.. and theres a huge gap of knowledge and maturity there. Even if you tell kids do not trust people in game, .. kids will be kids. human will be human. its not gonna change

Anyways it doesnt hurt to ban this ap , it wont hurt anyone , but it does hurt a lot of people keeping it. In which im not really sure why youre not
supporting this lol.. you have your own opinion, understandable.. but it kinda reflects who you are as a person

Im sorry to tell you this, but it kinda sounds like you at least have scammed once ;)

SayCreed
11-04-2013, 10:56 AM
If you converted the plat to cash (which is absurd) then you can hold onto if for awhile and get the AP that way shouldn't be a problem eh?

Yes it is human nature ..... If everyone thought it was a mistake to trust where would we be?

Plat>Cash

Never for me

I hate making Long posts yes I m lazy :(
I should really stop being lazy lest begin

Why did Spacetime Games make the Midas touch Ap?
If that was me (unfortunately I'm not) I will not make that Ap.But we all make mistakes like take me for example when In PL
I was Sellng and Wepon which was worth 1m I put in cs I thought I wrote 1m n box but I really put 100k.I regretted that day and sold my dc stuff.Its Not Their fault It's no ones they thought they could make it better which they are still doing.
It will take time for them to understand.They might get something different of what I'm thinking.No one is the same,right?
StG Is Awsome but they cannot fix everything in one second like bans/scams/tickets etc.
I advise Jon And all the other who agree to Private Message Delphina After The Crafting/Upgrading Update,They have A lot on their hands

StG is amazing.No matter what they please me.If there was one company I would take is STG.Why?
They never disappoint me.Yes I said NEVER.
I seriously liked this idea since I saw it in the Ap place But never had gut to
From now on I will try not to be quiet of some ideas .

I <3 You all :)

Joncheese
11-04-2013, 11:02 AM

Hey Ink, thanks for the support. I'm not mad at STS.... the players who have affected the game however, yes.

I just want them to see that without this AP the game would be a better place.

Emmacheese
11-04-2013, 11:02 AM
She has her points, Sts have their point. this is just a game to them.. but this is personal to players
as much as you choose not to, sometimes you do get connected with people in a very unique way in this game.. and you end up trusting them "FOOLISHLY"
and in the end.. whos always to blame? when you get screwed over? YOU, always YOU .. which really just becomes real emotional to people
and they get mad at themselves for being stupid and blame the people who used them. It becomes discouraging to play this game when that happens. Its not about the gold.. its about friends betraying

STS doesnt support scamming, and they are well aware that friends will gather money for 100m ap because its not easy to get
but by keeping this AP.. they are technically encouraging people to scam..cuz they already know the possible outcome.. but at the same time they are parenting.. in such a way " DO NOT TRUST PEOPLE YOU MEET IN GAME. "
everything you do will always have some kind of risk that comes with it.. comes down to how careful you are. There are a bunch of kids in the game who are easily fooled also
... 13-50+ yrs old ppl play this game.. and theres a huge gap of knowledge and maturity there. Even if you tell kids do not trust people in game, .. kids will be kids. human will be human. its not gonna change

Anyways it doesnt hurt to ban this ap , it wont hurt anyone , but it does hurt a lot of people keeping it. In which im not really sure why youre not
supporting this lol.. you have your own opinion, understandable.. but it kinda reflects who you are as a person

Im sorry to tell you this, but it kinda sounds like you at least have scammed once ;)

Ran out of thanks! Great post mate I agree totally with it xD

inkredible
11-04-2013, 11:05 AM
It's called a well written productive post mate. He isn't mad ..... I AM, I've lost a very dear friend this weekend because of this AP. So yes I will yell at sts if it means them fixing this.

Of course he's upset, but all im saying is, "yelling" doesnt fix anything, nothin directed

inkredible
11-04-2013, 11:07 AM
Hey Ink, thanks for the support. I'm not mad at STS.... the players who have affected the game however, yes.

I just want them to see that without this AP the game would be a better place.

i feel ur pain

Emmacheese
11-04-2013, 11:17 AM
Of course he's upset, but all im saying is, "yelling" doesnt fix anything, nothin directed

Lol I know nothing directed, just correcting you that I'm the one that's mad, Jon is the chilled one out of me and him and I like to yell! :o

Lui Delos Santos
11-04-2013, 11:19 AM
i like thoughts of this thread bout friendship:) can you be my friends?scoobiedoo(eos)

inkredible
11-04-2013, 11:20 AM
Lol I know nothing directed, just correcting you that I'm the one that's mad, Jon is the chilled one out of me and him and I like to yell! :o

+1 to jon, gotta stick up for yaaa girl ;)
upset girl = no .. awesome nights ;)

Emmacheese
11-04-2013, 11:22 AM
+1 to jon, gotta stick up for yaaa girl ;)
upset girl = no .. awesome nights ;)

Haha This is soooooo true!

Deadroth
11-04-2013, 11:25 AM
Hi Death,

You can still make friends with out letting them borrow your items / gold.

I think they can understand that.

Also true that its hard to avoid this things specially he or she is already with you for 5-6 months.
We as a human create this attach feelings to our online friends who we encounter in a few months, we cant avoid it.
I do have a lot of online friends and guild members who borrow gold.
But the time when they borrow gold it depends on the amount and how long they stayed in my guild.

True its very hard to judge where he or she will not scammed you.
also this is a way of testing your friendship.

I know one guy we are not close and by accident my girl gift the Mythic 36 weapon to him :P.
his name was Beelzebob, he can always say sorry its your mistake i cant give it back to you.
But when i pm him he return it with no hassle .
his not even my friend - i just know him like 2-3 weeks ago.

In online we cant truly tell who is fake or real.
Im glad i meet a few people online who is very friendly and can be trusted.

Spart, i need to agree here.
But the only logical way to think bout that situation is that, there just are good pepole on the world, same as bad pepole.

There is also other way to explain it.
Miracles exist :) This game is like 'roulete', You never know, where the ball will stay.. on red, or green, or on black... There are 5 types of persons, You can meet in game.

1. Scammer - awful creature made for purpose of making You pain.. Yknow where.

2. Good player - Someone, who isn't Your friend, but he isn't a scammer, and he can help You in unexpectable while

3. True friend - player, or person, who You know well, and trust to.

4. Noooooooooooob - Person who is 'new' and playing on lowest standards.. Beg for gold, and insult peps.. This is like a stone, none can tell him to change his person. He knows better that he is bestest in game ;)

5. The fake friend - these are worst, They came, earned Your trust, and, while You was unexpecting such reaction, they hit Your heart with dagger.

I think, You were talking about 5th type of persons, I suppose none can greatly avoid them.. Even in real life..

There were accidents about such fake rl persons :) They earned trust, and then, killed.

Ofc, the + is, they can't kill You in game.

But they are the most dangerous type of players for sure.

I wish none of us meet those guys never, ever.

My conclusion is, the 'darkness', and all awful features of pepole, made good line of defence in this game,

Through their professional, or trivial scams, they are 'unstopabble', cause 'tos' doesn't accept such scams in trades, or gifts.

One thing we should do, is to be prepared for everything, but still being natural, and stay as we were.

We can't count on pepole such as Beel, ofc this wasn't sarcasm, baa, this wasnt anything bad towards You Beel, I wanted to admit, None can do such heroic thing, like giving back the myth worth 12m..

Not everyone have pure heart.
And not everyone have good intentions.

This thing, should reinforce us in our bond with true friends, not fake ones.

Joncheese
11-04-2013, 11:26 AM
i like thoughts of this thread bout friendship:) can you be my friends?scoobiedoo(eos)

Seen you about mate. will add you in game :)

Daddyblu
11-04-2013, 12:46 PM
Spart, i need to agree here.
But the only logical way to think bout that situation is that, there just are good pepole on the world, same as bad pepole.

There is also other way to explain it.
Miracles exist :) This game is like 'roulete', You never know, where the ball will stay.. on red, or green, or on black... There are 5 types of persons, You can meet in game.

1. Scammer - awful creature made for purpose of making You pain.. Yknow where.

2. Good player - Someone, who isn't Your friend, but he isn't a scammer, and he can help You in unexpectable while

3. True friend - player, or person, who You know well, and trust to.

4. Noooooooooooob - Person who is 'new' and playing on lowest standards.. Beg for gold, and insult peps.. This is like a stone, none can tell him to change his person. He knows better that he is bestest in game ;)

5. The fake friend - these are worst, They came, earned Your trust, and, while You was unexpecting such reaction, they hit Your heart with dagger.

I think, You were talking about 5th type of persons, I suppose none can greatly avoid them.. Even in real life..

There were accidents about such fake rl persons :) They earned trust, and then, killed.

Ofc, the + is, they can't kill You in game.

But they are the most dangerous type of players for sure.

I wish none of us meet those guys never, ever.

My conclusion is, the 'darkness', and all awful features of pepole, made good line of defence in this game,

Through their professional, or trivial scams, they are 'unstopabble', cause 'tos' doesn't accept such scams in trades, or gifts.

One thing we should do, is to be prepared for everything, but still being natural, and stay as we were.

We can't count on pepole such as Beel, ofc this wasn't sarcasm, baa, this wasnt anything bad towards You Beel, I wanted to admit, None can do such heroic thing, like giving back the myth worth 12m..

Not everyone have pure heart.
And not everyone have good intentions.

This thing, should reinforce us in our bond with true friends, not fake ones.

guest what Beelzzebub just borrowed my maul and glaive for picture taking and he both return it just now :P

i just know him for 2 weeks.

im glad i meet beel

Deadroth
11-04-2013, 12:50 PM
guest what Beelzzebub just borrowed my maul and glaive for picture taking and he both return it just now :P

im glad i meet beel

Fair enough i belive.. *sarcasm*, good he didn't borrow Your pants lol XD

Ok back for discuss ;)

parnasofication
11-04-2013, 12:50 PM
I'm really glad to see a lot of players like Jon, Emma and Dead who share the same vision. Having friends you can trust in this game is truly wonderful. I'm sorry if my post seems "Cheesy", no pun intended (just finished watching LOST for the 3rd time, so I'm a bit emotional :/)
Too bad we're not friends in-game, but I believe STs should really listen to what you guys are trying to accomplish here.

Sent from under my bed.

Justg
11-04-2013, 12:53 PM
We're listening.

Joncheese
11-04-2013, 01:14 PM
We're listening.

Thank you :)

Joncheese
11-04-2013, 01:16 PM

im glad i meet beel

I'm sorry bro, but this is not the same. Beel is a well known and respected member of the community. He would never tarnish his name with anything. Hope you can see what I'm saying.

Joncheese
11-04-2013, 01:18 PM
I'm really glad to see a lot of players like Jon, Emma and Dead who share the same vision. Having friends you can trust in this game is truly wonderful. I'm sorry if my post seems "Cheesy", no pun intended (just finished watching LOST for the 3rd time, so I'm a bit emotional :/)
Too bad we're not friends in-game, but I believe STs should really listen to what you guys are trying to accomplish here.

Sent from under my bed.

Adding now bro :)

Emmacheese
11-04-2013, 01:19 PM
We're listening.

Ahhhh and I've ran out of thanks! But thank you....

Sariita
11-04-2013, 01:24 PM
We're listening.
Thanks so much!

Rare
11-04-2013, 01:26 PM
I'm sorry bro, but this is not the same. Beel is a well known and respected member of the community. He would never tarnish his name with anything. Hope you can see what I'm saying.

Well... I'm not speaking of Beelzzebub, but just to bring it to light. There HAVE been other "well known and respected members" of the community that turned on it. Just a warning that it doesn't preclude one from scamming.

hakoom7
11-04-2013, 01:26 PM
I cant agree more with all of this, this ap just making trouples, if u help ur friends ur in dangour of getting scammed and if u ignore them ur in dengour of being hated.
Alot of people would think like (id rather have good friends than 100m) is just crap, well it isnt, i changed my name after building huge repetation and guess what after 3 days i changed back to my old name, cause most my friends didnt knew me and it actually sucked, alot.

I think only 10 in this game got this ap by themselves the rest just shared money or borrowed, and as i recall borrowing is something sts dont agree with. Why then made this ap? Its just impossable for many people to get this ap, doing elusive 4 ap is hard, or finding child play ap in arena, but this ap is just impossable and brought so many trouples to this game.

FYI : this thread been made and supported by people allready has the ap. Imagine that

Joncheese
11-04-2013, 01:29 PM
Well... I'm not speaking of Beelzzebub, but just to bring it to light. There HAVE been other "well known and respected members" of the community that turned on it. Just a warning that it doesn't preclude one from scamming.

Yeah I totally get what your saying. I do think that beel is an exception though. He's a blogger, a sig artist and lots of other things. Whilst I don't know him personally I know lots that do and he really does have far too much to lose.

But yes..... You really just don't know with some people.

Deadroth
11-04-2013, 01:31 PM

Good point ;) I was afraid to say this.. I could have been trolled :D OK

I need to thank You, sir Justg for listening this awesome discussion!
It won't be fogotten to You sir!

Avshow
11-04-2013, 01:45 PM
it is a ridiculus ap at this time, maybe good for future,but at least not now.Let's do a simply math, suppose someone can farm constantly 0.5million a day without breaks, he need 200days that
is 7months to get this ap by soloing. Suppose someone spend USD to purchase plats converting to gold, 100m gold=0.1m plats=100kplats=60*90$=5400$.

That is the way someone can get this ap by soloing.

I suggest a vote, and lets see how many players would agree or disagree keeping this ap.

Deadroth
11-04-2013, 01:49 PM
I disagree for keeping it.

Milan Lame Man
11-04-2013, 01:52 PM
I wanted to stay away from this thread, but just could not help myself reading through it :sour:

Emphasis mine.

It's called a well written productive post mate. He isn't mad ..... I AM, I've lost a very dear friend this weekend because of this AP. So yes I will yell at sts if it means them fixing this.Huh? S/he never was your friend in the first place. Now you know that, thanks to Midas Touch AP.
----------------
Some more thoughts.
For many players 1m gold is just as far as 100m for you. I've never had 1m gold in 3 months playing. It is OK to have an achievement that few people get - that is, in fact, the point of "achievement".

After removing Midas Touch, players would scam for Mythic/Arcane/Whatever gear. "Please borrow me money for full myth, I'll earn 10m in a few weeks and pay that back". You never know if it's real or scam.

Even if some kind of reputation was added, a scammer can always make more Facebook accounts and transfer gear+gold to that. Even buying new phone would be worth it.

It all boils down to being prepared to loose what you lend. I lent 20k and was sure I'd never get it back but after spamming the person a bit, I did. I gave an 200k item to someone I kind-of trusted to sell it and keep 1/3 of the profit, never heard of him since. It just happens.
----------------
Sorry it looks like only I agree with Sprtcuz but I am fine with big plat spenders having an advantage. And plat is not even required to get gold. BTW all my plat comes from free offers.

Avshow
11-04-2013, 01:57 PM
i agree the game should have advantage for plat users. However , as most players r not big plat users, Devs SHOULD MAKE THE GAME FAIR in some kind of balance.
If there is some AP that need 100k plats, i would rather suggest sts make a "Buy plat LB and AP" ,who invest more cash on plats would get on lb ,ap points and get a special banner:)

Emmacheese
11-04-2013, 02:06 PM
I wanted to stay away from this thread, but just could not help myself reading through it :sour:

Emphasis mine.
Huh? S/he never was your friend in the first place. Now you know that, thanks to Midas Touch AP.
----------------
Some more thoughts.
For many players 1m gold is just as far as 100m for you. I've never had 1m gold in 3 months playing. It is OK to have an achievement that few people get - that is, in fact, the point of "achievement".

After removing Midas Touch, players would scam for Mythic/Arcane/Whatever gear. "Please borrow me money for full myth, I'll earn 10m in a few weeks and pay that back". You never know if it's real or scam.

Even if some kind of reputation was added, a scammer can always make more Facebook accounts and transfer gear+gold to that. Even buying new phone would be worth it.

It all boils down to being prepared to loose what you lend. I lent 20k and was sure I'd never get it back but after spamming the person a bit, I did. I gave an 200k item to someone I kind-of trusted to sell it and keep 1/3 of the profit, never heard of him since. It just happens.
----------------
Sorry it looks like only I agree with Sprtcuz but I am fine with big plat spenders having an advantage. And plat is not even required to get gold. BTW all my plat comes from free offers.

Maybe if you read the thread properly you would know I'm talking about a friend of mine who got scammed of 100m this weekend and decided to quit the game because of it .... So yes I did lose a friend thank you. Also this is about removing an AP that lures people to scam ....... DO I NEED TO GET OUT THE DONKEY PIC AGAIN? Lol

Joncheese
11-04-2013, 02:09 PM

Emphasis mine.
Huh? S/he never was your friend in the first place. Now you know that, thanks to Midas Touch AP.
----------------
Some more thoughts.

----------------

She is talking about someone who quit the game because he got scammed.

If someone is willing to lend their items then fine, that's up to them. They don't get an AP for this, it's just the borrowing of an item. There is no incentive and it does not cost 100 million.

I'm a plat spender so is em. This has nothing to do with why we are saying this. I don't even know why you have changed the topic? There are plenty of threads on that already.

This is an achievement if you earn it properly and a completely ridiculous one at that. Most don't have this by the real way of achieving it. It's pointless and means nothing and as I stated before, if you have this much gold that is the biggest achievement.

We're are trying to change the game for the better by removing the biggest scam around at the moment. If you have the achievement and you don't want to lose it then that's fine, the proposal is to able you to keep the title if you so wish and make it a 0 point AP. Though I can GUARANTEE you that those that truly earned it wouldn't care at all unless it means them coming off LB. And if that's the case IMHO they don't deserve to be there anyway. It does not reflect how good you are as a player..... And btw if I get my next AP I will go back onto LB and will be removed myself if this proposal goes through.

I'd rather have humanity restored in the game than be on LB. My friends are too important.

inkredible
11-04-2013, 02:16 PM

Emphasis mine.
----------------
Some more thoughts.

----------------

you shouldve stayed away from this thread, you dont know what youre talking about
toodles

Pandamoni

Emphasis mine.
----------------
Some more thoughts.

----------------

This is the problem here. You're approaching this from a mature outlook of someone who doesn't covet titles. You don't garner your self worth from a couple of letters floating over your head. Many, many people do, though. This is so important to some that they will damage others to reach the top. I am with you, in that I believe that people will still loan items and will still lose gold. BUT, without a reason to loan obscene amounts of gold, the amounts stolen will be much less. It will still suck but it will be a lot less painful. So I was more leaning towards leaving the AP and telling people to just stop loaning items and money but the more I thought about it, I realized that if we remove the largest theft temptation we will at least see less people losing such enormous amounts. It's much easier to recuperate 3m than 20m.

Joncheese
you shouldve stayed away from this thread, you dont know what youre talking about
toodles

*crying with laughter*

Joncheese
11-04-2013, 02:17 PM
This is the problem here. You're approaching this from a mature outlook of someone who doesn't covet titles. You don't garner your self worth from a couple of letters floating over your head. Many, many people do, though. This is so important to some that they will damage others to reach the top. I am with you, in that I believe that people will still loan items and will still lose gold. BUT, without a reason to loan obscene amounts of gold, the amounts stolen will be much less. It will still suck but it will be a lot less painful. So I was more leaning towards leaving the AP and telling people to just stop loaning items and money but the more I thought about it, I realized that if we remove the largest theft temptation we will at least see less people losing such enormous amounts. It's much easier to recuperate 3m than 20m.

Exactly

Avshow
11-04-2013, 02:18 PM
this ap is also a test to the baseline of one's moral.One would say I wont betray my friends for the sake of 1m, then how about 10m?100m?1000m?10000m?100000m?

Ask yourself if you have a chance to scam those amount of gold without any punishment(maybe only punishment is deleting the scam acc), will you betray your friend?

razerfingers
11-04-2013, 02:21 PM
What a good way to get thanks, i bet all those people have over 100mil ;) *end sarcasm* ill first off not be rude but bluntly say if you get scammed its your fault sometimes if something seems too good to be true then it 99.9% of the time is too good to be true even if you are helping someone. thats my thoughts

Joncheese
11-04-2013, 02:22 PM
i agree the game should have advantage for plat users. However , as most players r not big plat users, Devs SHOULD MAKE THE GAME FAIR in some kind of balance.
If there is some AP that need 100k plats, i would rather suggest sts make a "Buy plat LB and AP" ,who invest more cash on plats would get on lb ,ap points and get a special banner:)

Please stay on topic. There are plenty of threads about this already.

And for the record this is a dumb idea. No one will go for it, plat spenders already have an advantage in that they can buy special pets from the store. We don't need anymore, and I certainly wouldn't want to walk around with a banner shouting 'look how much plat I spend.' Why? Cos I would look like a complete tool.

SayCreed
11-04-2013, 02:23 PM

Why?

I luv you!

We all <3 You :o

Rare
11-04-2013, 02:28 PM
this ap is also a test to the baseline of one's moral.One would say I wont betray my friends for the sake of 1m, then how about 10m?100m?1000m?10000m?100000m?

Ask yourself if you have a chance to scam those amount of gold without any punishment(maybe only punishment is deleting the scam acc), will you betray your friend?

I might for 100000m

Rare
11-04-2013, 02:31 PM
What a good way to get thanks, i bet all those people have over 100mil ;) *end sarcasm* ill first off not be rude but bluntly say if you get scammed its your fault sometimes if something seems too good to be true then it 99.9% of the time is too good to be true even if you are helping someone. thats my thoughts

Doesn't mean STS shouldn't protect ignorant people from themselves.

Samhayne
11-04-2013, 02:43 PM
Hey guys,

We've actually been talking about removing the top 3 gold achievements for a while now, given the scamming issues that come up from them. The team is sensitive to the titles, those who have them and those who would like to obtain them in the future. We don't have a specific course of action that we're prepared to announce, but I think it is safe to say that we will be doing something with them in the future.

Thanks for keeping this thread friendly.

FluffNStuff
11-04-2013, 02:43 PM
I am gonna say the issue here is NOT this specific AP but a deeper issue related to AP's, Guilds and the top 50.

Currently, the Top 50 Guilds are decided by the total number of Achievement Points which means helping to increase each members total will improve the standing of the guild. Theoretically this is an excellent idea as it incentives guilds helping their members level up, defeat the different Elite Bosses and working together in PvP to help everyone get the team based AP's. The issue comes in with the fact that not all AP's are team based. The entire assets category and everything in character after level (Obtaining the pets and Mythic/Arcane status) are individual achievements, and should not be done with a group. Therefore, they should not count towards the groups standing.
My suggestion is to move the pet collecting and the Mythic/Arcane status to the Assets category and to rework the Guild rankings to completely ignore this category as it has ZERO relevance to the group as a whole. This will remove the incentive for guilds to loan gold to others for these points, and remove the 'carrot' that players dangle in front of guilds to get them to loan them items and gold.

keikali
11-04-2013, 02:48 PM
Hey guys,

We've actually been talking about removing the top 3 gold achievements for a while now, given the scamming issues that come up from them. The team is sensitive to the titles, those who have them and those who would like to obtain them in the future. We don't have a specific course of action that we're prepared to announce, but I think it is safe to say that we will be doing something with them in the future.

Excellent. Thank you Sam.

Joncheese
11-04-2013, 02:51 PM
Hey guys,

Thank you very much Sam. That's all I needed to hear.

Joncheese
11-04-2013, 02:51 PM
I am gonna say the issue here is NOT this specific AP but a deeper issue related to AP's, Guilds and the top 50.

Currently, the Top 50 Guilds are decided by the total number of Achievement Points which means helping to increase each members total will improve the standing of the guild. Theoretically this is an excellent idea as it incentives guilds helping their members level up, defeat the different Elite Bosses and working together in PvP to help everyone get the team based AP's. The issue comes in with the fact that not all AP's are team based. The entire assets category and everything in character after level (Obtaining the pets and Mythic/Arcane status) are individual achievements, and should not be done with a group. Therefore, they should not count towards the groups standing.
My suggestion is to move the pet collecting and the Mythic/Arcane status to the Assets category and to rework the Guild rankings to completely ignore this category as it has ZERO relevance to the group as a whole. This will remove the incentive for guilds to loan gold to others for these points, and remove the 'carrot' that players dangle in front of guilds to get them to loan them items and gold.

Exactly what we are all thinking fluff. Thank you .

Kakashis
11-04-2013, 02:56 PM
Hey guys,

Thank you STS! Honestly those titles don't do anything other than show off anyways.

ipredator
11-04-2013, 03:05 PM
agreed on that .. the AP is just pointless anyway.

epicrrr
11-04-2013, 03:07 PM
Hey guys,

Im pretty sure, gold related titles doesnt really have an impact with Arcane Legends gameplay say of course for bragging purposes, so I support for its removal! (AP/Titles)

SayCreed
11-04-2013, 03:17 PM
Who doesn't love sammy :D

Emmacheese
11-04-2013, 03:20 PM
Who doesn't love sammy :D

I love sammy! Haha :-)

SayCreed
11-04-2013, 03:24 PM
I love sammy! Haha :-)

:-)
I liek u too :P

Samdegreat
11-04-2013, 03:39 PM
Don't get rid of it lol otherwise I'll have to get 5000 flags ....

SayCreed
11-04-2013, 03:41 PM
Don't get rid of it lol otherwise I'll have to get 5000 flags ....

Down with That Ap

Gg Panda

nyknicks
11-04-2013, 03:47 PM
Jon nice thread and I completely agree wih u

Milan Lame Man
11-04-2013, 04:19 PM
She is talking about someone who quit the game because he got scammed.

You should've stayed away from this thread, you don't know what you're talking about.

Oh well. Now I know part of the story.

We don't have a specific course of action that we're prepared to announce, but I think it is safe to say that we will be doing something with them in the future.
There is also the other way: make achievement for 10k, 20k, 50k, 100k, 200k, 500k, 1m... ad infinitum. One day a player will think:
"Enough of that. Back to playing for fun."
As I see it, part of the problem is that Midas Touch is *the* ultimate gold achievement.

Emmacheese
11-04-2013, 04:34 PM
:-)
I liek u too :P

Haha awww I likes u also! :-)

gumball3000
11-04-2013, 04:47 PM
Oh but they do, they have a great deal of impact on the gameplay. The players who do try to get the ap legitimately gather a LOT of gold that is taken out of the economic circuit. This leads to increased difficulty in trading and low auction price for farmed items.

Instanthumor
11-04-2013, 05:17 PM
agreed on that .. the AP is just pointless anyway.

Lolz, exactly.

KingMartin
11-04-2013, 05:22 PM
Oh well. Now I know part of the story.

There is also the other way: make achievement for 10k, 20k, 50k, 100k, 200k, 500k, 1m... ad infinitum. One day a player will think:
"Enough of that. Back to playing for fun."
As I see it, part of the problem is that Midas Touch is *the* ultimate gold achievement.

Unfortunately, scamming the ultimate title automatically yields all the previous ones. (OK, I don't take your "ad infinitum" too seriously because that would degrade all other hard-earned APs). Similarly you might have ad infinitum pve kills (the best LB players had some kind of bot code/exploit anyway), pvp kills etc...

If pve highest AP is at 10k kills, then asset can stick to 10M too. Higher not needed as mentioned zillion times in this thread and demonstrated by donkey too.

Lovingly
11-04-2013, 05:35 PM
my heart bleeds fo those who have been scammed bcus of this poitless AP, +1111 to you jono!

Valkiryas
11-04-2013, 05:45 PM
Totally Agreed!

Thanks Sam!, A few friends lost their millions triying get these AP, is a solution for stop the " Ap's Scammers "

Kjalisi
11-04-2013, 06:04 PM
Suggestions for new aps:

lol!

Limsi
11-04-2013, 06:29 PM
The gold achievement was designed in a way to reward players of their hard work in either farming/merching. Despite the fact that you see quite a number of players wearing the title, only a mere small percentage really achieved it the legitimate way. While it could be agreed upon that the achievement promote trust among friends as lending gold with the hopes of gaining it back from a trusted friend - it's never a happy ending for the majority.

I firmly believe that whenever there is a source for a potential risk/hazard, it is best that that source is eliminated. Yes one could argue that it's always the fault of the lender, but isn't it possible that this scenario does not stir up in the first place?

Milan Lame Man
11-04-2013, 08:01 PM
There is also the other way: make achievement for 10k, 20k, 50k, 100k, 200k, 500k, 1m... ad infinitum.(OK, I don't take your "ad infinitum" too seriously because that would degrade all other hard-earned APs). Similarly you might have ad infinitum pve kills (the best LB players had some kind of bot code/exploit anyway), pvp kills etc...

If pve highest AP is at 10k kills, then asset can stick to 10M too. Higher not needed as mentioned zillion times in this thread and demonstrated by donkey too.
I'm not sure I understand your argument. Of course each step should give the same amount of APs (say 100).
My point is that there is always the next step, so your "friends" won't scam you for the current step, as long as it's not the last step.
I don't see how introducing achievement of 200m gold is degrading 1k PvP kills. If it's easy for you to get another 100m gold, you totally deserve another 100 APs.

Yes, the "ad infinitum" idea can be extended to all assets. It's just sooo much easier to get 1k PvP kills than 100m gold that leaderboard players will have to be good at (more or less) everything, instead of just getting "all" APs and going WT4 for PvE kills. Or whatever they do.

BTW it might be easier for STS to prevent automated kill farming, rather than preventing people scamming each other.

Joncheese
11-04-2013, 08:22 PM
I'm not sure I understand your argument. Of course each step should give the same amount of APs (say 100).
My point is that there is always the next step, so your "friends" won't scam you for the current step, as long as it's not the last step.
I don't see how introducing achievement of 200m gold is degrading 1k PvP kills. If it's easy for you to get another 100m gold, you totally deserve another 100 APs.

Yes, the "ad infinitum" idea can be extended to all assets. It's just sooo much easier to get 1k PvP kills than 100m gold that leaderboard players will have to be good at (more or less) everything, instead of just getting "all" APs and going WT4 for PvE kills. Or whatever they do.

BTW it might be easier for STS to prevent automated kill farming, rather than preventing people scamming each other.

This won't make the game a safer place. Which is what we are aiming for. Kill farming as far as I know isn't commonplace, scams are ATM.

falmear
11-04-2013, 09:53 PM
Even though I have these APs. I hope they get rid of them or set the points to 0. And replace them with some more interesting APs. Not just go find some random boss spawn. I think this has been covered enough in other threads.

Origin
11-04-2013, 09:53 PM
Gah.. Midas Touch, the accident waiting to happen. So at some point, the game devs decided it would be a good idea to introduce the 50/100m AP. It was patched in at a time when many were still struggling to get to 10m. The reaction was overwhelmingly negative as players anticipated where it would lead to. But that reaction wasn't big enough to basically get Sam to respond the way he did in this thread. And what we said would happen did happen.. now we're upset again. We wait for a big badaboom and then everyone flies into reaction (reaction not action).

There seems to be a few levels of denial happening with both gamers and game devs.. loosely grouped it into 2 points :

1) For the most part, STS has absolved itself from the responsibility of restoring stolen/accidentally NPC-ed items. But it seems to lack consistency in this area too - you'll hear of one friend getting their item restored and another getting turned away.. even though it's the exact same scenario. Maybe a lack of SOP (standard operating procedure). So in a way, it's like not acknowledging that the scale of the problem requires its own solution, and fast. Free-to-play, but many of us are still paying customers. That, and the timing of introducing the 50/100m AP - I'll leave u to draw ur own conclusions. With any profit-driven corporation, there is no incentive to invest in/fix anything that does not have a direct impact on the superficial figures. This is the real world we've inherited, so we kinda have to acknowledge certain things before we can really roll with it.

2) Gamers still not protecting ourselves enough, going by trust basis. Sorry but as long as you're not able to go down the street and knock on that guy's door, you're setting yourself up for disappointment with plain old trust. Here, we're not acknowledging our social limits. It's not that there are more bad/good people online than in the real world; The online world simply removes certain barriers so, while it lets us experience a kind of alternate reality, we also get to see where we truly stand socially (or depending on how u understand the world, u could substitute the word for "spiritually"). We get upset because our shiny new bling ("advancements" in technology we call it) fools us into thinking we've gotten farther. But we haven't. How we look on the outside sometimes just gets in the way of what we wanna achieve - (for the younger gals, VS angel Cameron Russell probably said it best recently on Tedtalk (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KM4Xe6Dlp0Y)). There's gotta be a balance between self-achievement and group achievement, I think this needs to be worked on. :) Also, we may be upset but our overall spend/pattern of behaviour is unlikely to change - some may boycott, some will truly work for change like the cheeses (yay) - most will just pretend to get upset, echo a few lines, to conform with what's socially acceptable but stand on the sidelines, hoping someone else will go first and take the bullets. If there were more unity in thought and action, we would be able to achieve anything. ^^

Unfortunately it's always tended to be like this, if it didn't happen to this friend it would happen to someone else. Sorry if I sound a bit blasé, not that I lack passion abt it.. I've just seen too many similar situations happen across different platforms. Most of us are too distracted and busy chasing the next personal achievement to do it differently.. to do stuff that counts. Maybe we're confused about what counts.. maybe that's what we need to figure out. We can't have our cake and eat it, too. :p Hey I'm still figuring this part out, too.

In the meantime, there are ways to safeguard ourselves. I think this lovely thread and the lovely people who responded here is a good start ^^v Agh.. ok, that's probably enough from me. ._. Hope at least some of this was useful! Love u guys.

gundamsone
11-04-2013, 10:23 PM
Here's my version of this.

These AP's could stay if STS actually enforced some rules into their own game instead of letting scammers run wild.
I can honestly say this now as I'm no longer part of the game but what kind of online game doesn't punish scammers? even with all the player testimonies, and concrete evidence provided, and amount of supports sent in, to this day these scammers are still running wild (and frankly they're proud of their accomplishments)

The removal of Midas Touch is just weak on all of you. Instead of asking for the removal of these kind of APs (which always exists in one shape or form in any MMO), you guys should be persuading the devs to do something about the scammers.

Arn't you guys all forgetting why people play MMOs? It's b/c it's a never ending game with limitless possibilities and with the removal of all the wealth achievements you guys are really putting this game a step backwards. Most of this game revolves around money and the players who've legitimately earned their gold who feel accomplished and want to be awarded for their achievements.

In many of my personal reports to STS, the one thing I highlighted was the fact that b/c STS put too much emphasis on "it's not our fault if you lose your gold/items in the trade window" even if you've got a verbal contractual promise/agreement with the other party. B/c of this scamming has become a way of "easy money".
Why? because you can befriend someone and take their stuff afterwords and run scotch free.

So shoudld you guys let a few scammers ruin it for all of you?
From what I see the primary outlying problem of this thread are scammers and not this particular set of APs.

=====
*off topic & bit personal (for those curious)

What got me banned (& furthermore non-appealable) were as a result of scammers and my "harassment" towards this scammer (whom you all know).

*if STS is reading this, I suggest you guys implement equality and fair treatment before you permanently ban a player b/c from my point of view (and many can vouch for me), I got myself banned b/c of harassment yet they were the ones who scammed me and continued to harass, lie, cheat, spread rumours, and even distribute my personal information.

Blocking players in this game is most DEFINITELY NOT the best solution when:

- the report buttons broken
- /r command still replies to blocked players
which drove me crazy when kill _ _ _ _ spammed me on a daily basis preventing me from doing my daily merching
- some of these individuals have the power to persuade a group of players to believe their side of the story to wage a war against you in many shapes and forms
- in my case few of these players decides it'll be fun to spam my SKYPE username and personal location in public chat to many of those who dislikes me
- and finally (to my disappointment in this company) their ignorance in these such cases. They tell you to contact support but what do you do when support ignores you for months?

I took it into my own hands in the end (and I think I acted within the acceptable boundaries) but obviously I went overboard and it seemed to have worked against me.
Really does suck when scammers win at the end of the day doesn't it?

wlsgh15
11-04-2013, 11:42 PM
These AP's could stay if STS actually enforced some rules into their own game instead of letting scammers run wild.

[agree!!!!! I hope it must be removed]

hakoom7
11-04-2013, 11:51 PM
Hey guys,

Well this is just a wonderfull news, i dont think people in leaderboard would care about this ap much i mean after all everyone in lb actually has it so removing it wouldnt do much effect, the ap we all would love to have it removed and would do a huge difference is the 10k flag ap lol. Lets hope people take thier mind of this ap in the future so no one get scammed by trying to be a good friend.

I ha e one wish, the guy who scammed our friend could see this thread.

Linkincena
11-05-2013, 12:02 AM
Wow.. never seen a response that big in a short time..
N yes.. I agree with this ban..
My friend lost 100 million to some ... who changed his id..
Man.. it hurts a lot when someone takes even 100k gold from u n ports away...
100 million would bring heart attack. .
I calculated myself if I start farm it would take 1000 days (3 years).. to get to 100 million anyways. .
Its useless to play for this ap...
Yes.. plz ban it..

sixth
11-05-2013, 12:39 AM
id rather lose gold than to lose friend ;)

Alfai
11-05-2013, 12:47 AM
When the community (more voices) speaks,the dev answers.tq sam thats all needed to at least hold on to our faith and hope that the game that we love has a favourable longevity.

I hope in future such voices can be rallied to safeguard ourselves from potential harms that can rob our joy and effort.
It is OUR job to play a role to create movement towards a changing act.not 1.i am excited to see more and more players have a sense of empathy rather than beinf selfish which is not against tos but not benefiting the community either.

As much as some would say this is just a game.its also a reality that we have established a virtual society.being virtual is harmful so heres to a good start to iron out whats right or wrong so this be an enjoyable piece for all.and fulfilling for the devs too.

Nice work jon u certainly spark a change here.

Demonassa
11-05-2013, 12:53 AM
IMO, it would be wise to remove something which acted as a catalyst for scams. Prevention is better than cure. So yes, STS please listen to the community by large and remove these gold Achievements. Thanks.

zorathorg
11-05-2013, 01:13 AM
added this to list of threads devs need to pay attention to... Arcane Legends General Discussion

AL/PL/DL/SL - Anarchyz (Deadgoatgames.com)

zorathorg
11-05-2013, 01:19 AM
If we do not remove this achievement... Maybe disallow the achievement to be obtained if within a 24 hour period you obtain more than 5 million gold BY TRADE, you cannot earn achievement at that point.... I dunno sounded better in my head... But limit it... So as to produce less scamming, or at least stretch it out, so as though every regular user can see the thin threads these scammers hand on... And "cut the threads" sending scamming to its doom.... I dont think anyone will understand what im saying here though

AL/PL/DL/SL - Anarchyz (Deadgoatgames.com)

Daddyblu
11-05-2013, 01:50 AM

Wow maybe you forget Space time make money from plat users! with our plat user this game wont work! FYI

Daddyblu
11-05-2013, 01:54 AM
Hey guys,

WHAT!??? how about the people who spend a lot of plats for your game to get this AP! its not even fair for plat users

its not our fault they are careless and got scammed.

will you sts refund all the plats converted to gold?

tell me and ill agree to this!

Instanthumor
11-05-2013, 01:59 AM
will you sts refund all the plats converted to gold?

Wow. That's a lot of plat spent on 100 mil gold.

Daddyblu
11-05-2013, 02:12 AM
Removing this AP don't solved anything!

there will always be a scammers on online games and STS need to do something about it. they should implement some rules like of proven scam with screen shot they should do a recall Systems just like other online game to return the gold back same with hack accounts.

The ap is for hardworking people who farm all day, merchers who merch the up to get 100m and last the plat users.

its not fair to removed this AP because a few careless people got scammed.

1.) no one force them to let there gold borrowed.
2.) you trade 2 gold meaning you are aware what you are giving the person.
3.) it is stated on the STS rules dont share any account info / items / gold to anyone you dont know.

Its was your fault you got scammed and now you keep crying on forums to banned the AP?
did you post in forums and ask the people should i let this guy borrowed my 100m for AP?

because if did that normal we would all say no! now you guys got scammed post in forums and crying and Hassle a lot players.
is your fault deal with it no one to blamed!

Originally Posted by Delphina "

Daddyblu
11-05-2013, 02:16 AM

I can honestly say this now as I'm no longer part of the game but what kind of online game doesn't punish scammers? even with all the player testimonies, and concrete evidence provided, and amount of supports sent in, to this day these scammers are still running wild (and frankly they're proud of their accomplishments)

The removal of Midas Touch is just weak on all of you. Instead of asking for the removal of these kind of APs (which always exists in one shape or form in any MMO), you guys should be persuading the devs to do something about the scammers.

Arn't you guys all forgetting why people play MMOs? It's b/c it's a never ending game with limitless possibilities and with the removal of all the wealth achievements you guys are really putting this game a step backwards. Most of this game revolves around money and the players who've legitimately earned their gold who feel accomplished and want to be awarded for their achievements.

In many of my personal reports to STS, the one thing I highlighted was the fact that b/c STS put too much emphasis on "it's not our fault if you lose your gold/items in the trade window" even if you've got a verbal contractual promise/agreement with the other party. B/c of this scamming has become a way of "easy money".
Why? because you can befriend someone and take their stuff afterwords and run scotch free.

From what I see the primary outlying problem of this thread are scammers and not this particular set of APs.

=====

What got me banned (& furthermore non-appealable) were as a result of scammers and my "harassment" towards this scammer (whom you all know).

*if STS is reading this, I suggest you guys implement equality and fair treatment before you permanently ban a player b/c from my point of view (and many can vouch for me), I got myself banned b/c of harassment yet they were the ones who scammed me and continued to harass, lie, cheat, spread rumours, and even distribute my personal information.

which drove me crazy when kill _ _ _ _ spammed me on a daily basis preventing me from doing my daily merching
- some of these individuals have the power to persuade a group of players to believe their side of the story to wage a war against you in many shapes and forms
- in my case few of these players decides it'll be fun to spam my SKYPE username and personal location in public chat to many of those who dislikes me
- and finally (to my disappointment in this company) their ignorance in these such cases. They tell you to contact support but what do you do when support ignores you for months?

I took it into my own hands in the end (and I think I acted within the acceptable boundaries) but obviously I went overboard and it seemed to have worked against me.

I SHOULD SAY ITS VERY ANNOYING THEY BANNED YOU DUE TO TRASH TALKING AND HARASSING THE PEOPLE WHO SCAMMED YOU.

WHILE STS CANT BANNED THE PEOPLE WHO SCAMMED YOU LOL.

very disappointing the people who spend the most got banned while the people who scammed love is freely playing now.

removing this AP will only make the scam pot money smaller but wont solved any problems.

they are still a lot of ways like can i borrow your arcane maul for pictures! bla bla bla!

no one will get scammed if you wont let your self scammed!

its your choice to let him borrow so deal with it!

nice JOB STS!

Instanthumor
11-05-2013, 02:33 AM
Removing this AP don't solved anything!

there will always be a scammers on online games and STS need to do something about it. they should implement some rules like of proven scam with screen shot they should do a recall Systems just like other online game to return the gold back same with hack accounts.

The ap is for hardworking people who farm all day, merchers who merch the up to get 100m and last the plat users.

Actually, removing this AP, IMO will not solve anything, HOWEVER it will minimize the impacts on scammers. Now instead of those scammers scamming 100 mil gold, they are now limited to scamming 10 mil gold, or other worth merchandise.

Daddyblu
11-05-2013, 02:35 AM
Actually, removing this AP, IMO will not solve anything, HOWEVER it will minimize the impacts on scammers. Now instead of those scammers scamming 100 mil gold, they are now limited to scamming 10 mil gold, or other worth merchandise.

Lol they can still scammed arcane staff, arcane maul ect ect.

hey im your office for 6 months now. can i borrow you maul for pictures!

just like what happen to EOS one of paulsibe officer run away with the MAUL you think this is worth 10m that
time???

dont make this AP as an excuse of your carelessness!

or maybe we should banned all arcane weapons because i know a lot of people got scammed and borrowed arcane items and run away!

come guys think!

Instanthumor
11-05-2013, 02:40 AM

just like what happen to EOS one of paulsibe officer run away with the MAUL you think this is worth 10m that
time???

or maybe we should banned all arcane weapons because i know a lot of people got scammed and borrowed arcane items and run away!

come guys think!

So then by keeping this AP, you think that scamming will stop? I'm afraid not, my friend.

Daddyblu
11-05-2013, 02:43 AM
So then by keeping this AP, you think that scamming will stop? I'm afraid not, my friend.

No it wont stop! your dont under stand my point!

my point is it is not the 100m ap why people get scammed so stop blaming the AP!

there is not point in removing the AP STS should do or implement rules about scamming Issue.

BTW when you gave it by trade its not scammed because you yourself are aware of lending them the gold.

no matter what court you will go if you go to sts rules it is your fault for lending him the gold!

Instanthumor
11-05-2013, 02:50 AM
No it wont stop! your dont under stand my point!

my point is it is not the 100m ap why people get scammed so stop blaming the AP!

there is not point in removing the AP STS should do or implement rules about scamming Issue.

BTW when you gave it by trade its not scammed because you yourself are aware of lending them the gold.

no matter what court you will go if you go to sts rules it is your fault for lending him the gold!

Yes, I somewhat agree, the 100 mil AP is not why people get scammed, BUT it is partially the reason why and how people get scammed.

Avshow
11-05-2013, 02:51 AM
In my opinion:
I have to say ppl got scammed for this AP is not because of the careless, but because of the trust.
After all;, this is just a game, even u lost 100m, it wont change lots for your life. Aso , in real life , I think everyone will be Cautious enough to lend others money.

you could say they got scammed because of careless.
But I would say they are really good guys who are willing to help friends. And I also believe that before they loan gold to others they must think of the risk , but they still choose to trust their friends.
And this AP also push the potential scammers to be the real scammers, lets say 90% wont scam if they have a chance to scam 10m, how about 50m?maybe 85% wont scam...then how about
100m? 80% wont scam?...I hope you understand my point....

time???

come guys think!

Daddyblu
11-05-2013, 02:57 AM
Yes, I somewhat agree, the 100 mil AP is not why people get scammed, BUT it is partially the reason why and how people get scammed.

the 100m is an excuse for scammers to borrow money and it is also the same excuse in borrowing items like arcane maul, staff ect.

So to end the story if you let them borrow its your on will and you are aware of letting this people borrow, so its your responsibility.

thats it dont make the story long its your fault and no need to hassle and complain on forums removing AP bec. he or she got scammed due this AP.

Instanthumor
11-05-2013, 02:59 AM
the 100m is an excuse for scammers to borrow money and it is also the same excuse in borrowing items like arcane maul, staff ect.

So to end the story if you let them borrow its your on will and you are aware of letting this people borrow, so its your responsibility.

thats it dont make the story long its your fault and no need to hassle and complain on forums removing AP bec. he or she got scammed due this AP.

I didn't say that it wasn't someone's responsibility when lending or trading your maul/whatevers, I just said the 100 mil AP is another method of scamming, and by removing that AP, it can somewhat minimize the scamming. I'm still not sure why you're so defensive as to why this AP shouldn't be removed.

Daddyblu
11-05-2013, 03:02 AM
In my opinion:
I have to say ppl got scammed for this AP is not because of the careless, but because of the trust.
After all;, this is just a game, even u lost 100m, it wont change lots for your life. Aso , in real life , I think everyone will be Cautious enough to lend others money.

you could say they got scammed because of careless.
But I would say they are really good guys who are willing to help friends. And I also believe that before they loan gold to others they must think of the risk , but they still choose to trust their friends.
And this AP also push the potential scammers to be the real scammers, lets say 90% wont scam if they have a chance to scam 10m, how about 50m?maybe 85% wont scam...then how about
100m? 80% wont scam?...I hope you understand my point....

you said it your self before you lend them the money you already know the risk! so stop yapping! in removing the AP.
by the way before you lend to anyone, STS clearly stated this on the rules and regulation.
so you know rules and you know when they run away you cant get it back.

Daddyblu
11-05-2013, 03:03 AM
I didn't say that it wasn't someone's responsibility when lending or trading your maul/whatevers, I just said the 100 mil AP is another method of scamming, and by removing that AP, it can somewhat minimize the scamming. I'm still not sure why you're so defensive as to why this AP shouldn't be removed.

ohh what if i say! Arcane weapon is also another method of scamming, can we removed all arcane then?

Daddyblu
11-05-2013, 03:04 AM

ohh what if i say! Arcane weapon is also another method of scamming, can we removed all arcane then?

i knew a lof of people got there arcane items scammed! its worth 50m and more

Instanthumor
11-05-2013, 03:05 AM

But that's a different story...
Arcane weapons are something that cannot and should not be removed, but this AP on the other hand, can be and possible should be removed.
It's called aggregate bias.

Paulsebi
11-05-2013, 03:07 AM
Sprtcuz, I agree we will not get rid of scammers, but this risk will be minimized. Also by spreading the word around, people are more and more aware of it.

But if we continue with these big temptations, we give them a big chance to be present in game more and more.

And yes, one of my officers scammed a maul and everyone knows who he is, and mostly his reputation is f...ed due to this, he always leave the room in PVP when I join, and other EOS officers join cause he can't face it.

He got what he deserved. So he is running and hiding in game, people doesn't like him and dunno if he likes playing the game this way.... (even if he say he doesn't care, I don't think so) (Event more than 2 months past since he scammed, I will always follow and present his scam reputation so people will always be aware of this guy) ( and he scammed a member)

So I think with removing this AP, we minimize a lot the risk of losing 100 mil. Losing 1-2-3-10 mil still can make you survive, but losing 100 mil makes you instantly quit.

In this point I agree with community and I vote for getting rid of this crap APs which doesn't prove you are rich or good in any way, is just a stupid APs which makes you shaking if you wanna help your friends lmao :)

Thanks to Sam / Just and Delphina for their replies in this thread, I am also glad this thread was kept clean and no fights. I hope more and more will agree that these APs are stupid and STS will take an action as soon as possible.

REMOVE 50 mil and 100 mil APs! Thanks!

Instanthumor
11-05-2013, 03:09 AM
Sprtcuz, I agree we will not get rid of scammers, but this risk will be minimized. Also by spreading the word around, people are more and more aware of it.

But if we continue with these big temptations, we give them a big chance to be present in game more and more.

And yes, one of my officers scammed a maul and everyone knows who he is, and mostly his reputation is f...ed due to this, he always leave the room in PVP when I join, and other EOS officers join cause he can't face it.

He got what he deserved. So he is running and hiding in game, people doesn't like him and dunno if he likes playing the game this way.... (even if he say he doesn't care, I don't think so) (Event more than 2 months past since he scammed, I will always follow and present his scam reputation so people will always be aware of this guy) ( and he scammed a member)

So I think with removing this AP, we minimize a lot the risk of losing 100 mil. Losing 1-2-3-10 mil still can make you survive, but losing 100 mil makes you instantly quit.

In this point I agree with community and I vote for getting rid of this crap APs which doesn't prove you are rich or good in any way, is just a stupid APs which makes you shaking if you wanna help your friends lmao :)

Thanks to Sam / Just and Delphina for their replies in this thread, I am also glad this thread was kept clean and no fights. I hope more and more will agree that these APs are stupid and STS will take an action as soon as possible.

Took these word right out of my mouth... Congratulation.

Alfai
11-05-2013, 03:19 AM
I SHOULD SAY ITS VERY ANNOYING THEY BANNED YOU DUE TO TRASH TALKING AND HARASSING THE PEOPLE WHO SCAMMED YOU.

WHILE STS CANT BANNED THE PEOPLE WHO SCAMMED YOU LOL.

very disappointing the people who spend the most got banned while the people who scammed love is freely playing now.

removing this AP will only make the scam pot money smaller but wont solved any problems.

they are still a lot of ways like can i borrow your arcane maul for pictures! bla bla bla!

no one will get scammed if you wont let your self scammed!

its your choice to let him borrow so deal with it!

nice JOB STS!

Woot!you got MY attention,perhaps its sufficient for what you seek in forums.

You can keep your ap pal.its not worth it to debate further.the dev has spoken.

Daddyblu
11-05-2013, 03:22 AM

So your saying its ok to lose a maul or arcane mage staff is that it? what is the difference. ohh yah you wont be scammed for 100m but you can be scammed for 50-60m arcane staff.

Removing the AP is not the solution, STS need to do changes in this game,why would we go to minimize and not suggest for a solution instead? on how to punish this people.

I think its better if you guys suggest to STS to make a solution about scamming rather than removing the AP

mommyjane
11-05-2013, 03:27 AM
to remove the midas ap is too much...unfair i must say. what about the players who worked so hard and spent a lot of money just to get that ap? u cant just make them pay too just because of one person's fault.

i dont think removing the 50-100m ap would help decrease the scamming issue in this game. scammers are everywhere, and midas ap is not all they wanna scam. they could scam expensive items too. but u wouldnt be a victim of scamming if u r careful.

i got scammed too but i couldnt blame anyone or anything just to cover up my mistake coz it was my fault for being so careless. nobody could scam if nobody would let himself be scammed.

its a matter of self responsibility.

what happened to your friend is a lesson to all of us. just be more careful next time. but still, its so unfair for us all to be affected with what happened to him/her. ty

Limsi
So your saying its ok to lose a maul or arcane mage staff is that it? what is the difference. ohh yah you wont be scammed for 100m but you can be scammed for 50-60m arcane staff.

Removing the AP is not the solution, STS need to do changes in this game,,why would we go to minimize and not suggest for a solution instead? on how to punish this people.

I think its better if you guys suggest to STS to make a solution about scamming rather than removing the AP

If you're talking about looking for a solution to the different scamming activities, then the first step is highlighted = MINIMIZATION

It's a no brainer that if you want to solve a problem, you determine the catalysts (possible contributors) and do something about it.

Instanthumor

Removing the AP is not the solution, STS need to do changes in this game,why would we go to minimize and not suggest for a solution instead? on how to punish this people.

Dude, I don't know how many times I have to emphasize this, but NOBODY said that it was ok to scam a maul or an arcane staff. It was just stated, that by removing the 100 mil AP, it will minimize the scamming.
100 mil gold > 10 mil gold AND 100 mil gold > Maul or kersh staff

Paulsebi
11-05-2013, 03:42 AM
Dude, I don't know how many times I have to emphasize this, but NOBODY said that it was ok to scam a maul or an arcane staff. It was just stated, that by removing the 100 mil AP, it will minimize the scamming.
100 mil gold > 10 mil gold AND 100 mil gold > Maul or kersh staff

Yes totally agree! The best words for this thread : " MINIMIZE SCAMMING TEMPTATIONS"

KingMartin
11-05-2013, 03:44 AM
I wonder how do arcane items compare to 100M gold.

For Midas touch, good guildies are motivated to help another guildmate to get the AP (and perhaps help overall guild ranking).

Now, what on Earth can make me to give arcane item off my hands? I can think of only one reason - to help guildmate to be stronger in pvp and get those kills and flags.

As generous as I am, there are perhaps 2-3 people in the game I would lend arcane weapon to (if I had it). And I would never expect or beg anybody to lend an arcane item to me.

Let's keep this thread focused - Asset APs above filthy rich are not achievements showing your gaming skills - they rather show your ability to persuade other people to give you gold.

I don't think there are many madmen who bought 100M of gold for RL money to get couple of ASCII characters attached to their name.

I don't have Midas Touch (and I will probably never have) but I see many respected players and guildmasters who have the title Midas Touch lobbying in favor of its cancellation. So, probably they have a point, don't you think?

Emmacheese
11-05-2013, 03:48 AM
IMO, it would be wise to remove something which acted as a catalyst for scams. Prevention is better than cure. So yes, STS please listen to the community by large and remove these gold Achievements. Thanks.

This sums it up. And the people arguing against are thinking about themselves and not the bigger picture, I have this AP and I am on the lb just! I could also say I opened crates merched hard farmed hard to get it, Would I ask sts for my money and TIME back? Absolutely not. Having 100m is an achievement within itself for gods sake. At the end of the day if taking this temptation out of the game and protecting our community I am all for it .... Yes there is other scams but this is a start of making AL a safer place. And with what Demonassa said Prevention is better than a cure

Instanthumor
11-05-2013, 03:49 AM

For Midas touch, good guildies are motivated to help another guildmate to get the AP (and perhaps help overall guild ranking).

Now, what on Earth can make me to give arcane item off my hands? I can think of only one reason - to help guildmate to be stronger in pvp and get those kills and flags.

As generous as I am, there are perhaps 2-3 people in the game I would lend arcane weapon to (if I had it). And I would never expect or beg anybody to lend an arcane item to me.

Let's keep this thread focused - Asset APs above filthy rich are not achievements showing your gaming skills - they rather show your ability to persuade other people to give you gold.

I don't think there are many madmen who bought 100M of gold for RL money to get couple of ASCII characters attached to their name.

I don't have Midas Touch (and I will probably never have) but I see many respected players and guildmasters who have the title Midas Touch lobbying in favor of its cancellation. So, probably they have a point, don't you think?

Generally speaking, although arcane items are worth a lot, they don't go up to 100 mil, maybe 60-70 mil for the kersh staff at the very most, but about lending the item, IMO, you start getting 'attached' to the item. Sounds ridiculous, but hey, it happens.

Emmacheese
11-05-2013, 03:52 AM

Out of thanks Queen, but you summed it all up! +5 :cat:

KingMartin
11-05-2013, 03:55 AM
Generally speaking, although arcane items are worth a lot, they don't go up to 100 mil, maybe 60-70 mil for the kersh staff at the very most, but about lending the item, IMO, you start getting 'attached' to the item. Sounds ridiculous, but hey, it happens.

I can imagine how hard it is to give arcane weapon back. I know that I am potentially losing money by not selling Razorbacks while the price is still soaring but I can't imagine selling them despite 5 requests a day :)

And now I can only imagine (back to Emm's Donkey) how it feels to have 100M on my account - at least 2 seasons of comfortable gameplay secured (neglecting the fact that one becomes an outlaw).

Emmacheese
11-05-2013, 03:57 AM
I can imagine how hard it is to give arcane weapon back. I know that I am potentially losing money by not selling Razorbacks while the price is still soaring but I can't imagine selling them despite 5 requests a day :)

And now I can only imagine (back to Emm's Donkey) how it feels to have 100M on my account - at least 2 seasons of comfortable gameplay secured (neglecting the fact that one becomes an outlaw).

The donkey has to come out lol

Daddyblu
11-05-2013, 03:57 AM

Banned the Midad Touch so no careless people will scammed by 100m and just be scammed with a few arcane items.

What can say paul already admit above on his post a fellow officer run with maul and i think it did not happen once but more than that.

@Emma prevention is better than cure, Yes i would its true then dont let anyone borrow your stuff to be prevent them scamming you.

Very simple, if no one will let other people borrow no one will get scammed.

FYI a lot of people let there friends borrow arcane items.

DexterityX
11-05-2013, 03:58 AM
the community has spoken and i support it. BAN this 100m gold/50m gold ap! this ap is pointless.. it only give suffering to the people who cares about helping their friends for the exchange for what... getting scammed!?

Joncheese
11-05-2013, 04:01 AM
Gah.. Midas Touch, the accident waiting to happen. So at some point, the game devs decided it would be a good idea to introduce the 50/100m AP. It was patched in at a time when many were still struggling to get to 10m. The reaction was overwhelmingly negative as players anticipated where it would lead to. But that reaction wasn't big enough to basically get Sam to respond the way he did in this thread. And what we said would happen did happen.. now we're upset again. We wait for a big badaboom and then everyone flies into reaction (reaction not action).

There seems to be a few levels of denial happening with both gamers and game devs.. loosely grouped it into 2 points :

1) For the most part, STS has absolved itself from the responsibility of restoring stolen/accidentally NPC-ed items. But it seems to lack consistency in this area too - you'll hear of one friend getting their item restored and another getting turned away.. even though it's the exact same scenario. Maybe a lack of SOP (standard operating procedure). So in a way, it's like not acknowledging that the scale of the problem requires its own solution, and fast. Free-to-play, but many of us are still paying customers. That, and the timing of introducing the 50/100m AP - I'll leave u to draw ur own conclusions. With any profit-driven corporation, there is no incentive to invest in/fix anything that does not have a direct impact on the superficial figures. This is the real world we've inherited, so we kinda have to acknowledge certain things before we can really roll with it.

2) Gamers still not protecting ourselves enough, going by trust basis. Sorry but as long as you're not able to go down the street and knock on that guy's door, you're setting yourself up for disappointment with plain old trust. Here, we're not acknowledging our social limits. It's not that there are more bad/good people online than in the real world; The online world simply removes certain barriers so, while it lets us experience a kind of alternate reality, we also get to see where we truly stand socially (or depending on how u understand the world, u could substitute the word for "spiritually"). We get upset because our shiny new bling ("advancements" in technology we call it) fools us into thinking we've gotten farther. But we haven't. How we look on the outside sometimes just gets in the way of what we wanna achieve - (for the younger gals, Cameron Russell probably said it best recently). There's gotta be a balance between self-achievement and group achievement, I think this needs to be worked on. :) Also, we may be upset but our overall spend/pattern of behaviour is unlikely to change - some may boycott, some will truly work for change like the cheeses (yay) - most will just pretend to get upset, echo a few lines, to conform with what's socially acceptable but stand on the sidelines with hands in pockets. If there were more unity in thought and action, we would be able to achieve anything. ^^

Unfortunately it's always tended to be like this, if it didn't happen to this friend it would happen to someone else. Sorry if I sound a bit blasé, not that I lack passion abt it.. I've just seen too many similar situations happen across different platforms. Most of us are too distracted and busy chasing the next personal achievement to do it differently.. to do stuff that counts. Maybe we're confused about what counts.. maybe that's what we need to figure out. We can't have our cake and eat it, too. :p Hey I'm still figuring this part out, too.

In the meantime, there are ways to safeguard ourselves. I think this lovely thread and the lovely people who responded here is a good start ^^v Agh.. ok, that's probably enough from me. ._. Hope at least some of this was useful! Love u guys.

Thanks for your lovely reply Trueorigins.

=====

Thanks for your input.

In response to both of your replies i would like to say the following:

Myself and Emma sat down and talked to many people about this AP, what implications it is having within the game, and why it would be a good idea to abolish. Our argument is based on personal experiences and the experiences to those close to us that have been directly affected by THIS AP.

I agree that STS IMHO do not do as much as they could do to police the issue. There are many aspects of this game that IMO need addressing so that players are made to feel safer, the 'Buy Back' system is a good example of this. In reality though have they got the man power? I understand that there are only a handful of people that run STS and for this reason i'm always kind of sympathetic. Thats not to say i excuse the lack of policing, but i do understand that they are swamped by other things like the actual development of the game which in all honesty SHOULD be their main focus.

What ourselves and others are suggesting is the you remove the carrot. It is not a solution to the problem, but it is a start. With the benefit being that there would be no reason to even think about trading that sort of money. As pointed out by Daddyblu there are other expensive items in the game, namely the arcane staff. This is used on a few replies as an example of another way to lose a substantial gold within game. I do not agree with this. The main reason people within guilds lend this money is to get the AP and to boost the guilds and that certain individuals ranking. Borrowing an arcane staff won't get you an AP. I don't even think i need to expand on this point anymore.

In response to peoples comments about the victims being at fault, i would like you to remember the following:
HUMANITY
• Humanity (virtue), a set of strengths focused on "tending and befriending others"

We are all human. its in our nature to help and befriend others. True some of us do not hold the same values as others which in turn causes huge issues. But those who have been scammed certainly do not need to be penalised for it. They are already the victims.

Removing the AP wont get rid of the greed and the scammers. But it will take away a reason for someone to 'give' an obscene amount of gold to someone..... And thats a step in the right direction.

Daddyblu
11-05-2013, 04:03 AM
the community has spoken and i support it. BAN this 100m gold/50m gold ap! this ap is pointless.. it only give suffering to the people who cares about helping their friends for the exchange for what... getting scammed!?

there are more than 10k players who played this game.

in this tread maybe around 100+ who support to banned the midas touch. so do think the is already the community? LOL

maybe around 5k players dont have a forums account and i know a lot of plat used dont use forums .

Linkincena
11-05-2013, 04:05 AM
How about 100000 plat buy xD
Get 100 million ;)
Lets buy plat for STG.. )

Emmacheese
11-05-2013, 04:08 AM
I'm sure sts will be able to go through your log daddyblu and refund your plat back from your conversion to gold (whilst taking that gold) then refunding you for the plat you have left from it. But then you won't have all those 99999999's looking at you when you open your inventory.

Emmacheese
11-05-2013, 04:10 AM
there are more than 10k players who played this game.

in this tread maybe around 100+ who support to banned the midas touch. so do think the is already the community? LOL

maybe around 5k players dont have a forums account and i know a lot of plat used dont use forums .
Your main concern here is that you will be knocked off the lb if this is removed .... Well we have spoke to many of the lb players and they just DONT CARE. The love for the game and community is superior to 200 AP's

Daddyblu
11-05-2013, 04:14 AM
Your main concern here is that you will be knocked off the lb if this is removed .... Well we have spoke to many of the lb players and they just DONT CARE. The love for the game and community is superior to 200 AP's

No its not about that.

It is not our fault your friends made a mistake. As i said 100m ap is not the reason why people got scammed.
its there carelessness, there own fault ect ect.

event with out 100m AP a lot of scammer will still try to scam you.

Ohh i remember one guy try to scammed you Arcane Mage Staff and you made a tread also on this one.

this one is worth 70m

Always remember if you are the one who let them borrow not us.