PDA

View Full Version : Guide: how to say no

Pandamoni
11-03-2013, 05:13 PM
With all of the scam threads going on, I thought we may need a guide giving tips of how to say no if someone asks for something you aren't willing to part with forever. Essentially, you have to realize that loaning anything in this game, even for 30 seconds, is as good as giving it away. You should be surprised if you get it back, not if it gets taken.

without further delay:

Friend: "hey, buddy, I need to kill this boss but my bow sucks. Can I borrow your mythic bow?"

You: "no".

Friend: "oh come on! I'm trustworthy. Ask tomsmith (random name they throw out of some person you are supposed to believe when asked if someone is trustworthy) and he will tell you I borrow his stuff all the time and give it back!"

You: "lol. No. Borrow his bow, then. Please don't ask again."

Friend:"awww I can't believe you don't trust me to borrow your bow. It's only worth 3mil. I'll let you hold my helm and all my 200k gold"

you: "if you mention my bow again I'll have to add you to my ignore list".

as you can see, when talking about an item, they will try to convince you that it's no big deal. When it comes to asking for gold for the AP, they will try any number of ways to convince you they're trustworthy. I usually throw in a lot of lol's to show them how absurd their request is.

Friend:"hey buddy! I have like 15500 AP's and only missing the gold ones. Can I borrow your gold just for the AP and I'll give it back? Pwetty pweese!?!"

You: "hahaha!!! No."

Friend:"awww come on man! I even voted for you on nicest players of AL (someone actually used this one on me lol)".

You:"lol!!! There is no way I'm letting you hold my gold. I suggest you merch if the AP is very important to you."

Friend:"wow. I can't believe you won't trust me. -.-"

You:" there are about 5 people here I trust enough to give gold or items to and you're not one of them."

Friend:"who? I bet they will all tell you I am trustworthy."

You:"I can't believe I've had to say no this many times. You're being a pretty crappy friend right now, making me have to say no so many times just to get you to listen to me. Ask again and I'm adding you to my ignore list."

I actually don't think you should say quite as much as all of that. A simple no can suffice but if you feel uncomfortable saying no, pay attention here that the key is to be sure you don't fall for the "omg you're so mean I can't believe you don't trust me!" trick. Holding on to your hard earned gear or gold isn't mean. It makes sense. The bad friend isn't the one who says no. The bad friend is the one who doesn't take no for an answer. Stop giving your stuff away. If you can't say no, PM me in game and ask me to tell someone no for you. I have an 8 year old. Saying no is second nature to me. Good luck all!

keikali
11-03-2013, 05:15 PM
Can I borrow your mythic bow pwetty pwease? I just want to make a quick buck and feed my addictions.

SIR PLS SIR, PLS

DocDoBig
11-03-2013, 05:21 PM
hey, Panda, I need to kill this boss but my Sword sucks. Can I borrow your mythic bow though i am a warrior?

Pandamoni
11-03-2013, 05:24 PM
Can I borrow your mythic bow pwetty pwease? I just want to make a quick buck and feed my addictions.

SIR PLS SIR, PLS

No. (see how easy it is!)

Pandamoni
11-03-2013, 05:25 PM
hey, Panda, I need to kill this boss but my Sword sucks. Can I borrow your mythic bow though i am a warrior?

No! But i'd love to see those meaty paws hold a bow!

afrobug
11-03-2013, 05:25 PM

Panda: No

Doc: oh come on, I just want to use your mythic bow's aimed shot. Pwetty pweasee??

DocDoBig
11-03-2013, 05:28 PM
Ask tomsmith, hes my bestie!

DocDoBig
11-03-2013, 05:31 PM

Ask him!

Ebezaanec
11-03-2013, 05:53 PM
"No"

The simplest answer yet so many people don't understand it.. :p

Instanthumor
11-03-2013, 05:56 PM

Ask him!

Made my day.

matanofx
11-03-2013, 06:01 PM
Gold pls sir? i didnt write your name on my nicest people list but only cause i really dont like you

Spyce
11-03-2013, 06:15 PM
"Friend?"

That's me..
What did I do?

Zeus
11-03-2013, 06:19 PM

SIR PLS SIR, PLS

I say no to this guy all the time. ^^

ArtofWar
11-03-2013, 06:25 PM
This thread reminds me of this guy. :D

Kakashis
11-03-2013, 06:45 PM
I always just say sorry, I don't lend out or borrow items myself. Safer for the both of us :)

KingFu
11-03-2013, 06:48 PM
No. (see how easy it is!)

On.

On.

Dammit, you said it was easy :(

Vjerevica
11-03-2013, 07:09 PM
I have an 8 year old. Saying no is second nature to me.

You've made my day.
Well, I wish you all the best in the hardest game of all. You'll need all your skils and more . . .

Rare
11-03-2013, 08:06 PM
"No means yes?"

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk now Free ('http://tapatalk.com/m?id=10')

keikali
11-03-2013, 08:11 PM

The bigger they are the harder they fall! *Imitates Bolo from BloodSport* You're Next!

Pandamoni
11-03-2013, 09:19 PM
On.

On.

Dammit, you said it was easy :(

Lol...you passed all of my tests

dudetus
11-04-2013, 02:33 AM
If a member of Average Joe's is a woman, is she considered shemale or maleshe?

Emmacheese
11-04-2013, 04:15 AM

Daddyblu
11-04-2013, 04:51 AM

Ask him!

Wahahahah LOL!

Daddyblu
11-04-2013, 04:52 AM
I love this tread! Yah you should learn when to say no :P

JaytB
11-04-2013, 05:01 AM
Here's an example...

http://youtu.be/yg2u_De8j5o

Daddyblu
11-04-2013, 05:04 AM
Here's an example...

Nice one!

Deadroth
11-04-2013, 06:20 AM
No! But i'd love to see those meaty paws hold a bow!

Lets guess.. if You say no You are dumb! XD

Whos talking now XD

Take it as filthy sarcasm,

Ok.. But seriosully.. wanna 100 m?

Commanderkeen
11-04-2013, 06:35 AM
http://i1264.photobucket.com/albums/jj492/Poz10151/IMG_20131104_063252.jpg

Deadroth
11-04-2013, 06:37 AM
http://i1264.photobucket.com/albums/jj492/Poz10151/IMG_20131104_063252.jpg

Ahahahah! Yeaaah! I proved, not everytime, is easy to say 'no' ;D

wvhills
11-04-2013, 08:39 AM
can i has monies plz?

Emmacheese
11-04-2013, 08:42 AM
Bahahaha :kiwi-fruit:

Here's an example...

keikali
11-04-2013, 09:01 AM
If a member of Average Joe's is a woman, is she considered shemale or maleshe?

Neither. 300lbs of Jabba the Hut style.

Joncheese
11-04-2013, 09:22 AM
With all of the scam threads going on, I thought we may need a guide giving tips of how to say no if someone asks for something you aren't willing to part with forever. Essentially, you have to realize that loaning anything in this game, even for 30 seconds, is as good as giving it away. You should be surprised if you get it back, not if it gets taken.

without further delay:

Friend: "hey, buddy, I need to kill this boss but my bow sucks. Can I borrow your mythic bow?"

You: "no".

Friend: "oh come on! I'm trustworthy. Ask tomsmith (random name they throw out of some person you are supposed to believe when asked if someone is trustworthy) and he will tell you I borrow his stuff all the time and give it back!"

You: "lol. No. Borrow his bow, then. Please don't ask again."

Friend:"awww I can't believe you don't trust me to borrow your bow. It's only worth 3mil. I'll let you hold my helm and all my 200k gold"

you: "if you mention my bow again I'll have to add you to my ignore list".

as you can see, when talking about an item, they will try to convince you that it's no big deal. When it comes to asking for gold for the AP, they will try any number of ways to convince you they're trustworthy. I usually throw in a lot of lol's to show them how absurd their request is.

Friend:"hey buddy! I have like 15500 AP's and only missing the gold ones. Can I borrow your gold just for the AP and I'll give it back? Pwetty pweese!?!"

You: "hahaha!!! No."

Friend:"awww come on man! I even voted for you on nicest players of AL (someone actually used this one on me lol)".

You:"lol!!! There is no way I'm letting you hold my gold. I suggest you merch if the AP is very important to you."

Friend:"wow. I can't believe you won't trust me. -.-"

You:" there are about 5 people here I trust enough to give gold or items to and you're not one of them."

Friend:"who? I bet they will all tell you I am trustworthy."

You:"I can't believe I've had to say no this many times. You're being a pretty crappy friend right now, making me have to say no so many times just to get you to listen to me. Ask again and I'm adding you to my ignore list."

I actually don't think you should say quite as much as all of that. A simple no can suffice but if you feel uncomfortable saying no, pay attention here that the key is to be sure you don't fall for the "omg you're so mean I can't believe you don't trust me!" trick. Holding on to your hard earned gear or gold isn't mean. It makes sense. The bad friend isn't the one who says no. The bad friend is the one who doesn't take no for an answer. Stop giving your stuff away. If you can't say no, PM me in game and ask me to tell someone no for you. I have an 8 year old. Saying no is second nature to me. Good luck all!

I'm a changed man :)

Eversor
11-04-2013, 09:43 AM
The bad friend isn't the one who says no. The bad friend is the one who doesn't take no for an answer.
This. A good friend should know better than to put their friend in such a uncomfortable position. A good friend won't pressure their friend into doing something they really don't want to do. Great thread Panda :)

Rare
11-04-2013, 09:56 AM
This. A good friend should know better than to put their friend in such a uncomfortable position. A good friend won't pressure their friend into doing something they really don't want to do. Great thread Panda :)

AGREED! I wouldn't ever want my friends to feel obligated to give it to me, so I wouldn't ever ask.

Pandamoni
11-04-2013, 09:58 AM
Just remember...if I ever ask for something, this guide should be forgotten...never say no to Panda

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X21mJh6j9i4

Rare
11-04-2013, 09:59 AM
Just remember...if I ever ask for something, this guide should be forgotten...never say no to Panda

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=X21mJh6j9i4

nnnnnnnnYES

Pandamoni
11-04-2013, 10:03 AM
nnnnnnnnYES

Smart man ;)

Eversor
11-04-2013, 10:25 AM

Bahahaha. Thanks for this. Just made my morning.

SayCreed
11-04-2013, 10:39 AM
Why not me :F

I <3 You Friends ;)

Rare
11-04-2013, 11:03 AM
Am I the second one panda? (crem)

Nothing to see here, move along children.

Zeus
11-04-2013, 11:05 AM
Am I the second one panda? (crem)

I thought you said that you were happy to move on from the game, Crem?

Caiahar
11-04-2013, 01:11 PM
No, you cannot have my last slice of pizza. I'm very hungry.
And no, you cannot spawn me.
And yes, I will take that pizza you just offered me
Yes, I mean no, you can't have my shotgun. It's supposed to kill my dinner for today.

Deadroth
11-04-2013, 01:19 PM
No, you cannot have my last slice of pizza. I'm very hungry.
And no, you cannot spawn me.
And yes, I will take that pizza you just offered me
Yes, I mean no, you can't have my shotgun. It's supposed to kill my dinner for today.

*Came big slice of pizza and kicked him thru the window*

Pizza, made elehesta XD

Caiahar
11-04-2013, 01:23 PM
*Came big slice of pizza and kicked him thru the window*

Pizza, made elehesta XD

No, Sorry, I will only have it plain cheezey thought.

All for one, and one for all.

FluffNStuff
11-04-2013, 02:12 PM
I used to borrow equipment from players in PL for testing . I can tell you this from a borrowers perspective, it SHOULD be something you take seriously and I was always worried when I would ask and can tell you for 100 percent certain if a player said no once or even SUGGESTED they were uncomfortable with the idea I would drop it. Now, I am not saying you should or should not be lending people stuff, but if you say no to someone and they STILL ask, then RUN LIKE CRAZY!!!!!!!!!

Stickbrains
11-04-2013, 02:15 PM
replace everything in front of "You:" with "no."

profit.

Fyrce
11-04-2013, 02:36 PM

You: "Hell no"

Friend: "oh come on! I'm trustworthy."

You: "Haha. Nonononono"

You: "You no learn too gud."
Puts Friend on ignore list.

You: "Buahahaha!!! No."

Friend: "[begging ad infinitum]"

Pandamoni
11-04-2013, 03:01 PM
You: "Hell no"

You: "Haha. Nonononono"

You: "Buahahaha!!! No."

Friend: "[begging ad infinitum]"

oh Fyrce! Please take me off ignore I won't beg anymore. hahahaha

Seriously, though, like Fluff said. If they ask more than once, run the other way!

SayCreed
11-04-2013, 03:28 PM
oh Fyrce! Please take me off ignore I won't beg anymore. hahahaha

Seriously, though, like Fluff said. If they ask more than once, run the other way!
Is it me or did your sig stranded up a bit.

Starkinea
11-05-2013, 10:00 AM
Ha ha Nice thread!! Points taken :adoration: NO!!

Hellgamer
11-05-2013, 01:08 PM

NO NO NO NO
Pls I'm too young to die

ING : HELLPANK
using tapatalk

Oedid
11-05-2013, 04:58 PM
"No" is easy to people I know.
"Reported" is the answer I give to strangers. -This one rly works

JaytB
11-05-2013, 05:29 PM
"No" is easy to people I know.
"Reported" is the answer I give to strangers. -This one rly works

Wait what? You report someone for asking stuff or did I just misread that?

Oedid
11-05-2013, 05:32 PM
I dont actually report them. but it gets them off my back. Maybe makes them rethink the whole begging situation in general.

Pandamoni
11-05-2013, 05:35 PM
Wait what? You report someone for asking stuff or did I just misread that?

I reported you when you asked me for your blades back. HOW DARE YOU!?!?!?!

hahaha

JaytB
11-05-2013, 05:45 PM
I dont actually report them. but it gets them off my back. Maybe makes them rethink the whole begging situation in general.

Ow, got ya.

I reported you when you asked me for your blades back. HOW DARE YOU!?!?!?!

hahaha

And I reported you the moment you said 'no' when I wanted to lend them to you again :p

dudetus
11-05-2013, 05:57 PM
Okay so, if we take this message seriously we say "no" to everything right? What if we say "no" to this guide then? Will the universe explode? Can I eat hard shelled tacos in my bed? Who knows, stuff like this is forever a mystery.

Hellgamer
11-06-2013, 12:20 PM

Would a report actually do sth?

ING : HELLPANK
using tapatalk

DocDoBig
11-06-2013, 01:20 PM
Okay so, if we take this message seriously we say "no" to everything right? What if we say "no" to this guide then? Will the universe explode? Can I eat hard shelled tacos in my bed? Who knows, stuff like this is forever a mystery.

What if I reply to this post with a nope? ;)