PDA

View Full Version : So will the old Christmas vanitys come back??

jhopper
11-04-2013, 10:31 AM
A lot of people are sayin they will bring back the old Christmas vanitys with new ones. So I wanted to start this thread to see what STS will do?

Deadprezz
11-04-2013, 10:44 AM
''Thanks for the ideas. The next vanities we have in our sights are stuff to go along with the Winter content we should see in December.
Yes, last year's vanities will also resurface.''

That's what Sam [Samhayne] said in one of his latest posts. so I'm pretty sure they WILL come back.

Too bad for the people that spent millions for those vanities...

Rare
11-04-2013, 11:56 AM
Too bad for the people that spent millions for those vanities...

Not really, they get to show them off until the new ones come.

octavos
11-04-2013, 12:28 PM
A lot of people are sayin they will bring back the old Christmas vanitys with new ones. So I wanted to start this thread to see what STS will do?

heres a hint...

The next vanities we have in our sights are stuff to go along with the Winter content we should see in December.

Yes, last year's vanities will also resurface.

Zanpakuto
11-04-2013, 02:20 PM
yes! finally I get to get some of these :)

Kakashis
11-04-2013, 03:17 PM
I knew paying 1m for a hat was not going to be smart!

SayCreed
11-04-2013, 03:25 PM
Hope not 50 plat again

I only got 33 :(

Anigrazas
11-04-2013, 04:20 PM
Last year it was 25 platinum right?

Instanthumor
11-04-2013, 05:16 PM
Last year it was 25 platinum right?

I think it was 50 plat, not so sure.

Sibayjing
11-04-2013, 05:19 PM
last year it was only 15 plat for christmas vanity, vanity price rises gradually since last year

Worship
11-04-2013, 05:21 PM
Ugh.... nooooo...... I had kept these Arlors since they first came out. I hadn't spent a single gold coin on a set and now they are selling for over a million.. Why are they bringing them back??

Lovingly
11-04-2013, 05:31 PM
Ugh.... nooooo...... I had kept these Arlors since they first came out. I hadn't spent a single gold coin on a set and now they are selling for over a million.. Why are they bringing them back??

duno bout you bro but i think its a great idea bringing some of the vanity back, i mean.. some people may have been waited all year for this, and im sure all those retired pl players too, kinda sorry for those individuals that only cares about golds;)

Alex Miller Landicho
11-04-2013, 09:02 PM
Ugh why would bring it back, make a new vanity don't bring old vanities back it makes no sense.

Worship
11-04-2013, 09:07 PM
duno bout you bro but i think its a great idea bringing some of the vanity back, i mean.. some people may have been waited all year for this, and im sure all those retired pl players too, kinda sorry for those individuals that only cares about golds;)

It was 2012 Christmas.. they should bring something fresh and new and not recycle content from an entire year ago.. I like wearing the 2012 Arlor not because of the value, but because it shows I have played since then and that I am a dedicated player. So I think it would be dumb to recycle the Arlors, because then an Arlor set would be on the common-folks and not on a handful of players..

Iamruthless
11-04-2013, 09:07 PM
i currently own all vanitys , and i agree they should be back last xmas they told us THEY WILL COME BACK sts wont change their mind, so for all of us that will loose gold good we need someone to encourage us to farm or merch harder , and i hope they do come back :) for all those who didnt get a chance last xmas will this xmas :) snowball pet ;)

Ravager
11-04-2013, 10:05 PM
last year it was only 15 plat for christmas vanity, vanity price rises gradually since last year

I think 15 was for the winter wonderland vanity.

Morholt
11-04-2013, 11:51 PM
It was 2012 Christmas.. they should bring something fresh and new and not recycle content from an entire year ago.. I like wearing the 2012 Arlor not because of the value, but because it shows I have played since then and that I am a dedicated player. So I think it would be dumb to recycle the Arlors, because then an Arlor set would be on the common-folks and not on a handful of players..For all we know, you're just some noob with money and bought gold to trade for those vanities.
Having it means nothing. They are there just for looks/to wear if they match your tastes.
If you truly felt that way, you should have been making threads saying you don't want vanities to be treadeable.

Oh wait, that's right...sts gave those who bought early vanities a very big "thank you for early support of the game...here's a chance to sell your useless items for millions" and nobody was upset about it.

People who bought them, that was your choice to spend that much on an item that said "will be back next year" in the description. That was your impatient choice.

Edit: wear your untradeable best ever banner if you want to show how old school you are.

gison
11-05-2013, 09:38 AM
Ugh why would bring it back, make a new vanity don't bring old vanities back it makes no sense.
Welcome to STG.

Sibayjing
11-05-2013, 10:03 AM
players buy old vanity, so why make a new design when you can recycle :p

Alex Miller Landicho
11-05-2013, 03:33 PM
It was 2012 Christmas.. they should bring something fresh and new and not recycle content from an entire year ago.. I like wearing the 2012 Arlor not because of the value, but because it shows I have played since then and that I am a dedicated player. So I think it would be dumb to recycle the Arlors, because then an Arlor set would be on the common-folks and not on a handful of players..

Exactly.

Samhayne
11-05-2013, 03:38 PM
Hey guys,

We totally get that some people would like for old stuff to not come back. However, on the other side of that coin, there are a lot of new players who would enjoy seeing those cool previous items come back. So we want to clearly set the expectation that old stuff will come back.

We do have plans for a lot of cool new stuff, but we also have plans to bring back old looks. Just like next year Halloween, you can expect to see some 2013 looks come back. Grimm will likely be back in 2014. Just like for Valentine's day, Big Love and Little Love will likely return.

Thanks in advance for your understanding.

Roberto077
11-05-2013, 03:50 PM
Hey guys,

We totally get that some people would like for old stuff to not come back. However, on the other side of that coin, there are a lot of new players who would enjoy seeing those cool previous items come back. So we want to clearly set the expectation that old stuff will come back.

We do have plans for a lot of cool new stuff, but we also have plans to bring back old looks. Just like next year Halloween, you can expect to see some 2013 looks come back. Grimm will likely be back in 2014. Just like for Valentine's day, Big Love and Little Love will likely return.

Would it be possible to have some sort of time stamp on current items (like 2012/13 in the name) to make to old items remain a high value with the same style as some less expensive gear?

csyui
11-05-2013, 03:50 PM
Hey guys,

How about those expansion-related items? Like Steel commando suit and Kraken priate vanity. I can understand some holiday exclusive items can be recycled, but those expansion-related items are particular for each expansion, I don't see any reason to bring them back as there are already items of current expansion for sale in store.

csyui
11-05-2013, 06:50 PM
im sure youd get a banner for each expansion youve made through? bes ever banner.? if so arlor shouldnt be important,. sam pointed out a few reasons why theyre bringing back dude, it was meant to be, and erm greedy auctions prices r lame

Dude, i am talking about expansion-related vanity, not holiday exclusive one. Can't you read carefully?

Kakashis
11-05-2013, 07:45 PM
Yessssss! The confirmation I've been waiting for! Maybe armors will start selling for a little cheaper now!

Kingzila
11-05-2013, 07:59 PM
If I see coal ballon & my hat in pl's this years Xmas im going to be very angry

Morholt
11-05-2013, 10:20 PM
How about those expansion-related items? Like Steel commando suit and Kraken priate vanity. I can understand some holiday exclusive items can be recycled, but those expansion-related items are particular for each expansion, I don't see any reason to bring them back as there are already items of current expansion for sale in store.Things like Kraken, Steel Commando, and Founders will not be returning. They are limited time only, and had no "until next time" in their description. Furthermore, you can check back a bit into the Announcements forum and see official announcement threads stating those vanities are never to be released again.
Note: you can expect for the Nordr vanity to be no longer for sale when the next expansion inevitably comes out.

Roberto077
11-05-2013, 10:36 PM
Yessssss! The confirmation I've been waiting for! Maybe armors will start selling for a little cheaper now!

Nooooooo! Now my Winter Fury set may have no rarity value whatsoever! :(

chitgoks
11-05-2013, 11:09 PM
lol no way spending millions just to show it off for less than a year.

so those who will whine, sorry .... your fault :D

saiyen
11-05-2013, 11:33 PM
Hey guys,

if possible dont increase their price ( in platinum ) :) after all those are Christmas vanities!

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk 2

Lovingly
11-06-2013, 02:32 AM
Dude, i am talking about expansion-related vanity, not holiday exclusive one. Can't you read carefully?

naw bro i didnt read it at all :sulkiness:

keikali
11-06-2013, 08:37 AM
Hey guys,

As always, you are on point. Thanks.

Daddyblu
11-06-2013, 08:45 AM
Hey guys,

Suggestion its better not to bring back vanities

Reasons:

It will be a collectors items give more Value to it and i think people in arcane legends love to collect rare and old items.

Seasonal pets like grimm, frost man , ect. ect. yes we can understand you guys can bring it back.

saiyen
11-06-2013, 09:02 AM
Suggestion its better not to bring back vanities

Reasons:

It will be a collectors items give more Value to it and i think people in arcane legends love to collect rare and old items.

Seasonal pets like grimm, frost man , ect. ect. yes we can understand you guys can bring it back.

Totally disagree with u, Christmas is supposed to be celebrated with fun and joy! 75%+ players are casual players, not super rich mean collectors...

Just bcoz some people have invested money in those vans which were supposed to come back every year, shouldn't make them discontinued!

Coming from the dude who owns all of the winter vans,yes ill be loosing 5m+ gold but when i think that so many other players will get the opportunity to get these awesome vanities i dont feel bad about it :)

Peace :rolleyes:

Daddyblu
11-06-2013, 09:09 AM
Totally disagree with u, Christmas is supposed to be celebrated with fun and joy! 75%+ players are casual players, not super rich mean collectors...

Just bcoz some people have invested money in those vans which were supposed to come back every year, shouldn't make them discontinued!

Coming from the dude who owns all of the winter vans,yes ill be loosing 5m+ gold but when i think that so many other players will get the opportunity to get these awesome vanities i dont feel bad about it :)

Peace :rolleyes:

Hello its you again,

Why you always contradict my post.

1st calling me fake seller whewww.

Joke

Ok lets have it your way then.

Sts should lunch items that can only be collected once per season and only that season you can get that items / vanity.

Ihavenokills
11-06-2013, 09:39 AM
Hello its you again,

Joke

Ok lets have it your way then.

Sts should lunch items that can only be collected once per season and only that season you can get that items / vanity.

Saiyen's right though. 99% of the ppl who disagree with bringing old content back are the hoarders/investment players. Trust me when i say ive lost millllllllls to a discontinued item set making a surprise appearance the next year (thanks SL!) but in the end, who cares? Its holiday. Should be enjoyed by everyone.

Wutzgood
11-06-2013, 10:04 AM
Nice so the price of arlor vanities dropped from a mil to 300k overnight lol. Guess I'm getting that Christmas tree one after all lol.

saiyen
11-06-2013, 10:21 AM
Hello its you again,

Joke

U also know that it was a misunderstanding,i thought ur name was daddyblue -_______-..

I have no hate for you, my comment was based on the context of ur comment.

Peace:)

Lovingly
11-06-2013, 11:12 AM
Saiyen's right though. 99% of the ppl who disagree with bringing old content back are the hoarders/investment players. Trust me when i say ive lost millllllllls to a discontinued item set making a surprise appearance the next year (thanks SL!) but in the end, who cares? Its holiday. Should be enjoyed by everyone.

realllll talk yo

Deadroth
11-06-2013, 11:15 AM
Hey guys,

YEAH! Thank You Sam! I think, letting new players have that vanitys is veery good idea :)

Good job!

Alexmann
11-06-2013, 12:47 PM
I agree With Daddyblu :p

Alex Miller Landicho
11-06-2013, 04:17 PM
Hey guys,

Yes those who owns arlor has a littel bit in mind to keep the set to invest it. But in other hands some wants it not to come back because it shows the dedication. Those who played last year would like to show off that they are one of the first players in Arcane legends. I would like to suggest to put something in game to show that we represent the old players, like a cape or something.

Dipperi
11-11-2013, 01:05 PM
Yes those who owns arlor has a littel bit in mind to keep the set to invest it. But in other hands some wants it not to come back because it shows the dedication. Those who played last year would like to show off that they are one of the first players in Arcane legends. I would like to suggest to put something in game to show that we represent the old players, like a cape or something.

Yeah expect anyone could buy arlors since vanitys came tradeble so owning arlors definetly dosent meant that you're old player.

Primeblades
12-05-2013, 11:31 AM
Hey guys,

Omg just make love tradeable and im set for life ;)

kummitus
12-05-2013, 01:59 PM
Omg just make love tradeable and im set for life ;)

Please not...

crusaderr
12-05-2013, 03:25 PM
It would be nice if they did, so that prices can drop even more.
Ninja Suits and Red Commando are better. If they come out, players
can buy them cheap and say they are worth a lot, then they can trade them
for 3 Red Commando sets, and then later sell the Red Commando at
inflated prices. This would be good, this would make me very happy

C