PDA

View Full Version : "Top Player" actually Top Player?

Solid
11-04-2013, 11:41 AM
As you all know, the Top Player on the leader boards are the players with the most APs (Achievement Points).

It comes very close, and about 10 players will have the same amount of points and PVE (player vs enemy) kills decides the placement.

Is the "Top Player" title referring to Most APs and PVE kills?

To make the title of "Top Player" accurate, I propose instead of the deciding factornot just being PVE, but also have CTF (Capture the Flag) kills, TDM (Team Death Match) kills, and Flags from CTF, AND PvE count towards the deciding factor of Top Player.

For example,

Player X has 10000 AP points and is in 10th place, His/Her stats- 100,000 PvE kills. 0 CtF kills and 0 TDM kills and 1 flag.

Player Z also has 10000 AP points and is 11th place, His/Her stats- 90,000 PvE kills, 50,000 CtF kILLS 30,000 TDM kills and 10.000 flags.

Which is the better player?
Most would answer player Z, but in terms of the leader board for TOP player would recognize player X as the "better" player.

So, what do you think about this?

Deadroth
11-04-2013, 11:51 AM
As you all know, the Top Player on the leader boards are the players with the most APs (Achievement Points).

It comes very close, and about 10 players will have the same amount of points and PVE (player vs enemy) kills decides the placement.

To make the title of "Top Player" accurate, I propose instead of the deciding factornot just being PVE, but also have CTF (Capture the Flag) kills, TDM (Team Death Match) kills, and Flags from CTF, AND PvE count towards the deciding factor of Top Player.

For example,

Player X has 10000 AP points and is in 10th place, His/Her stats- 100,000 PvE kills. 0 CtF kills and 0 TDM kills and 1 flag.

Player Z also has 10000 AP points and is 11th place, His/Her stats- 90,000 PvE kills, 50,000 CtF kILLS 30,000 TDM kills and 10.000 flags.

Most would answer player Z, but in terms of the leader board for TOP player would recognize player X as the "better" player.

So You are taking pvp over pve i suppose :)

There are 2 achieves compared wid pvp. tdm and ctf kills.

wid pve.. with kills ofc. also 2. pve lb, and overall lb.

There is harmony, better leave it as it is.

Rest of pve is timed runs, which doesn't count here.

LB has good mechanics.

Z will get aps from pvp. And he isn't happy yet? LOL

Rare
11-04-2013, 11:52 AM
Actually, none of that determines who is the "better player" anyway. So its still just a crapshoot.

Solid
11-04-2013, 11:59 AM
When I said "Better Player", I implied a higher place in the board..

Solid
11-04-2013, 12:00 PM
So You are taking pvp over pve i suppose :)

There are 2 achieves compared wid pvp. tdm and ctf kills.

wid pve.. with kills ofc. also 2. pve lb, and overall lb.

There is harmony, better leave it as it is.

Rest of pve is timed runs, which doesn't count here.

LB has good mechanics.

Z will get aps from pvp. And he isn't happy yet? LOL

You have a different definition of the word "Top", or have a massive amount of PvE kills.

Deadroth
11-04-2013, 12:02 PM
You have a different definition of the word "Top", or have a massive amount of PvE kills.

No, You have diffrent definition of word "top" by saying 'good in pvp' ;)

Bad suggestion, PVP isn't main point of game, if it would, it would be added at start, it if ofc ONE OF major elements, but it isn't main point of game :)

Solid
11-04-2013, 12:07 PM
No, You have diffrent definition of word "top" by saying 'good in pvp' ;)

Bad suggestion, PVP isn't main point of game, if it would, it would be added at start, it if ofc ONE OF major elements, but it isn't main point of game :)

PvP and PvE are both part of the game, PvP has a separate board and PvE has a separate as well.

Your point back fires on you as you are implying that PvE is the main point of the game.

Everything should factor on how "Top" of a player you are.

csyui
11-04-2013, 12:17 PM
Haven't they already owned 10k PvP kill AP and 10K CTF flag AP?
No matter if they play normally or kill farm, they put lots of effort in PvP, so they deserve that title.

Deadroth
11-04-2013, 12:24 PM
PvP and PvE are both part of the game, PvP has a separate board and PvE has a separate as well.

Your point back fires on you as you are implying that PvE is the main point of the game.

Everything should factor on how "Top" of a player you are.

Erm.. But.. If You would like to see with Your majestatic eye.. pve has main of lb.. runs, gears.. drops in elites.. this is all pve.. not pvp.. I suppose You don't play from start... So don't impute me things, what are ridiculous.

PVE was from start, not pvp, sorry.. live with it.

That is over to me.

Baaaad suggestion.

PS. Csy, but he/she means bout overall lb.. You don't achieve title. but banner for it :)

But yeah if You achieve title from pvp, wear it, it is best reward :) No point of 'marking' who is top and who isnt

Solid
11-04-2013, 04:37 PM
Lol, iv played from season 1.

The majority of AL is interested in PvP, rather than PvE.

Rare
11-04-2013, 04:39 PM
Lol, iv played from season 1.

The majority of AL is interested in PvP, rather than PvE.

hmmm i dunno about that. That's a bit far fetched IMO. Of couse, I'm only postulating

Azepeiete
11-04-2013, 04:42 PM
You would have to count 1 pvp kill as like 40–50, or everyone would just pve cuz it's faster

DocDoBig
11-04-2013, 04:53 PM
Wasnt it like who was the first who got the AP's is the first and therefore "best" player?
As I remember how the lbs looked like in Season 1.

Instanthumor
11-04-2013, 05:07 PM
I think there should be two different stat sections on your 'inspect' tab.
One section being your 'all time stats' from day 1 of your AL playing.
And the other should be your stats as of this current season, meaning every season, those stats automatically reset, etc. If you see where I'm getting at.

Sibayjing
11-04-2013, 05:26 PM
For me the best player is the one who helps his neighbor, does not balk at pvp, respect all players noobs and pro
And keep calm in every situation.

Hehe :D I knom some players in LB who are odious in pvp and some very fair

Solid
11-04-2013, 07:05 PM
Leaderboard says otherwise..

Hinataa
11-04-2013, 07:08 PM
Wasnt it like who was the first who got the AP's is the first and therefore "best" player?
As I remember how the lbs looked like in Season 1.
Everyone already got almost every ap... soooo its not who gets first anymore lol

Zeus
11-04-2013, 07:30 PM
Well, to be the top player, it means being the top in all aspects. Since the leaderboard defines best in that specific category, then logically top would mean that a player is best or at least close to best in all other categories.

Emmacheese
11-04-2013, 07:36 PM
Anyone who has 10k flags imo! Lol

Joncheese
11-04-2013, 07:41 PM

For example,

I think that the top player in the game IMO has posted a reply or your thread. And I don't need a leaderboard to tell me that :)

baddiva
11-04-2013, 10:38 PM
the example is irrelevant, as the AP already accomodates many factors of the game...

if some players have same APs, then they should be capable to perform in the same manner... but then again, the system must have the absolute determinant to rank players... and if any player wants to be a top player, they should be able to identify the requirement of the system.

and how can devs formulate an equation to weigh both PVP and PVE kills, as in the weighing process there will be subjectivity?

life is complicated man.. don't add more on that point... ;)

Sent from my LG-P970 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

Rare
11-05-2013, 10:13 AM
the example is irrelevant, as the AP already accomodates many factors of the game...

if some players have same APs, then they should be capable to perform in the same manner... but then again, the system must have the absolute determinant to rank players... and if any player wants to be a top player, they should be able to identify the requirement of the system.

and how can devs formulate an equation to weigh both PVP and PVE kills, as in the weighing process there will be subjectivity?

life is complicated man.. don't add more on that point... ;)

Sent from my LG-P970 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

Well said.

Soundlesskill
11-05-2013, 10:58 AM
PvE is the most boring thing ever, IMO it should be pure PvP kills.

However, no because some players doesn't like PvP and PvP kills are rouge favored.

People have to cheat to get their PvE kills and it's commonly known that a few *cough* nubs do so.

Maybe there should be respect points earned per. PvP kill and PvE kill..

Bless
11-05-2013, 12:02 PM
Well, to be the top player, it means being the top in all aspects. Since the leaderboard defines best in that specific category, then logically top would mean that a player is best or at least close to best in all other categories. this obviously if its top player he/she should be better than average at EVERYTHING

Zuzeq
11-05-2013, 12:23 PM
Actually, none of that determines who is the "better player" anyway. So its still just a crapshoot.

I'll second this. The best players I have encountered don't retain a place on the LB anyways. It's just fine how is..

Daddyblu
11-05-2013, 12:26 PM

For example,

i just played for 6months and im LB..

Lb players shows how determined you are to be on the board.

i say its fine as what it is!

Oedid
11-05-2013, 05:02 PM
Simple solution. Rename Top Player to - Top Achievement Points.

Puntus
11-14-2013, 10:33 PM
The season 1 top player lb was just pve kills not ap showed in lb , so the point in this game is pve , pvp its a plus (I said that and I like more pvp) but its that pvp its a plus.

U ask what we think, ok my opinion its u have a good ap but bad pve kills , thats why u post this thread.

Crowsfoot
11-14-2013, 10:44 PM
Minor points:

1) some people prefer PvE, I personally loath PvP. So saying "IMO" is extremely accurate (this is a hi e at a post on page 1).

2) there is a PvP kills, and a PvE kills. The top player lb is an all around player so both are considered.

3) PvE kills are much more consistent to farm, hence they break ties. I have enough APs to make the lb, but I lack the necessary PvE kills. However, I can farm them and have learned to adapt.

4) PvP kills are entirely skewed for a few reasons (these are the two main ones I believe):

-rogues were OP for several months after CTF was I troduced, so rogues from that time period have a vast advatage of one-hitting all large portion of their kills.

-The windmill glitch sways a huge advantage to warriors who knew of the glitch and took andvatage of it for those few months.

inkredible
11-15-2013, 05:52 AM

For example,

meh even if u do that most of the top players got 1m kills.. even if u combine ctf .. flag or w.e 600k wont compare to 1m
unless u give pvp / flag more "points" but thats not gonna happen

Kostral
11-15-2013, 07:57 AM
Dont Worry i told to "X" to not play anymore...

DagnyTaggart
11-15-2013, 12:29 PM
Haven't they already owned 10k PvP kill AP and 10K CTF flag AP?
No matter if they play normally or kill farm, they put lots of effort in PvP, so they deserve that title.

I disagree completely. Earning pvp kills at level cap against the best players in the game is a LOT different than twinking a lowbie and farming them off noobs.

-Dag

epicrrr
11-15-2013, 02:44 PM
I disagree completely. Earning pvp kills at level cap against the best players in the game is a LOT different than twinking a lowbie and farming them off noobs.

-Dag

"twinkin" aint just about "farming" and "killing" under-equipped players, a lot of of people are in a state of denial about this; whether you pvp at endgame or any bracket its all the same(basicly)

@topic
top players as in you have all the AP, how else would you define it?

chitgoks
11-15-2013, 08:33 PM
are those pve kills real? sorry.just wondering.

Solid
01-24-2014, 09:15 PM
Bump

Commanderkeen
01-24-2014, 09:43 PM
Who really cares? Never have I been at a job interview and they asked where you on the Top Player leader board for Arcane Legends? No friends have ever asked are you a Top Player in Arcane Legends? So I'm just wondering who really cares when this game is replaced with blah blah Legends in a couple of years?

Sheener
01-24-2014, 10:41 PM
I think the one they havr is alright. But it would be too hard to judge on actual skills. Most things are just on pure playing time. Kdr lb would be good for a "top" player

Solid
01-24-2014, 11:00 PM
I think the one they havr is alright. But it would be too hard to judge on actual skills. Most things are just on pure playing time. Kdr lb would be good for a "top" player

ATM top player should be called People with the most PvE kills and APs , not actually "Top Player".

Energizeric
01-24-2014, 11:48 PM
As we have discussed in other threads, there needs to be many many more achievements, and many of them need to be very difficult ones like the flags achievements. There needs to be so many that nobody can ever get them all even if they played 24/7. Then we would have a true "spread" of players on the Top Player leaderboards. Kind of like how certain college classes are graded on a curve. It spreads everyone out across the spectrum. Currently this is an issue only because everyone is all bunched up at the top, so all that can rank them is some other stat besides APs. It's like a class where have the class gets 100% on the exam. Nobody should get 100%. Yes, there needs to be a tie-breaker, but this would not be such an issue if we were more spread out in APs.

Milan Lame Man
01-25-2014, 11:55 AM
There needs to be so many that nobody can ever get them all even if they played 24/7.
Maybe if you keep saying this for a few more months, it might actually happen.
I am starting to be a believer myself!

Htiek
01-25-2014, 12:18 PM
How about "Low Player" actually Low Player? http://forum1.hkgolden.com/faces/newyear/sosad2.gifhttp://forum1.hkgolden.com/faces/newyear/sosad2.gifhttp://forum1.hkgolden.com/faces/newyear/sosad2.gif

Crowsfoot
01-25-2014, 12:19 PM
ATM top player should be called People with the most PvE kills and APs , not actually "Top Player".
Aka: I want to be top player.

This is a fair judgment of top player. Time playing, and knowledge of glitches are factors though. I am not complaining. Everyone on the top player list should stay there unless an obvious form of cheating is discovered.

Solid
01-25-2014, 12:42 PM
Aka: I want to be top player.

This is a fair judgment of top player. Time playing, and knowledge of glitches are factors though. I am not complaining. Everyone on the top player list should stay there unless an obvious form of cheating is discovered.

I am a top player..... The system is messed up. To be the "top" you must have wide range of skills, not a artisan in one area. But be good in many areas. Right now to be top player, you just need to get APs and farm PvE kills.

Energizeric
01-25-2014, 01:33 PM
I am a top player..... The system is messed up. To be the "top" you must have wide range of skills, not a artisan in one area. But be good in many areas. Right now to be top player, you just need to get APs and farm PvE kills.

Since APs are many and in a full range of categories, APs are actually the perfect judge of who are the "top players". The only issue now is that there needs to be more APs and many players have done them all already.

Solid
01-25-2014, 01:45 PM
Since APs are many and in a full range of categories, APs are actually the perfect judge of who are the "top players". The only issue now is that there needs to be more APs and many players have done them all already.

AP system is fair, but the tie breaking system is totally jacked in actually determining the more "Top Player"

Energizeric
01-25-2014, 01:48 PM
AP system is fair, but the tie breaking system is totally jacked in actually determining the more "Top Player"

Agreed. If we had many many more APs, the tie breaking system would not be such of an issue since all the players would not be bunched at the top of the chart all tied for the same APs.

Azepeiete
01-25-2014, 06:41 PM
Nid more hard APs. Here are some ideas.

Extended Archenemies--
Kill each brackenridge elite boss x amount of times(im thinking 25 times each since these are easy) without dying during the run.
Kill each ydra elite boss x amount of times without dying during the run(20 each)
Kill each dead city boss x amoutn of times without dying during the run(15 each)
Kill each kraken isles elite boss x amount of times without dying(10 each)
Kill each nordr eltie boss x amount of times without dying(5 each)
Kill each shuyal elite boss x amount of times without dying(5 each)
Kill shuyal gladiator bosses 100 times without dying(individually of course)
Kill a total of 1500 elite bosses. You get 500 from doing the above achievment already.
The numbers are obviously interchangeable, but thats just an example.

Complete elite gold mine in under 5 minutes(this time is achievable by ALL 3 classes).
Complete elite rooks nest in under 5 minutes
Complete elite tower of marsrom in under 5 minutes
Complete elite skull cove in under 7.5 minutes
Complete elite hall of valheim in under 7.5 minutes
Complete elite ashral tower in under 10 minutes
Complete the shuyal gladiator arena in under 7.5 minutes
Complete 5 elite maps within 15 minutes(no matter the level of elite, must be different elites)
I understand the above are easy for rogues and mages, but if i made the times harder then warriors would have issues. I also understand warriors without mythics wont be able to get these, but the achievment for upgrading mythic armor and helm means any warrior without mythics isn't a top player. I dont think EVERYONE should be easily able to get an achievment.

These are all just some examples.

I also think some more incentive to timed run should be given, for APs(top player) and for leaderbord times.

chitgoks
01-26-2014, 03:01 AM
i doubt top player is really top player.

they say two or more players use the same accnt. while thats not illegal i look at that as cheating. ^_^

Solid
01-26-2014, 12:02 PM
i doubt top player is really top player.

they say two or more players use the same accnt. while thats not illegal i look at that as cheating. ^_^

"top Player" misleading lb.

Gesaffelstein
01-26-2014, 07:47 PM
What about using an average rank system like in the top guild listing. Calculating the average rank of a player in CTF, TDM, PVE kills and AP lb. Everyone with 16400 AP should be taken in as #1 AP in calculation and 16300 as #2 etc.

Energizeric
01-26-2014, 08:07 PM
What about using an average rank system like in the top guild listing. Calculating the average rank of a player in CTF, TDM, PVE kills and AP lb. Everyone with 16400 AP should be taken in as #1 AP in calculation and 16300 as #2 etc.

That is an excellent idea! Use the guild rank system as the tie breaker.

Erdnase
01-26-2014, 08:11 PM
That is an excellent idea! Use the guild rank system as the tie breaker.

I would only leave kdrs out of that ranking system.

Solid
01-26-2014, 08:32 PM
I would only leave kdrs out of that ranking system.

There aren't many extreme 50 kdrs at endgame.

Allocate
01-26-2014, 09:55 PM
Top player recieves "The virginity is strong in this one" achievement.

Same goes to all who try and maintain 0 death stat....no one looks at those stats, and even if they did, they don't think you are cool.

Smh, go out, do something with your life lol

When I looked at the boards and saw 'Boss' was at the top, I thought it was because he was top PVP fighter but then found out it's because of mob kills. LOL, yeah, so cool.. lost sleep mashing buttons for hours on end, should be awarded "Top button masher".

There is no need to have a death stat, or a leader board like the ones we have right now. What we need is top elite runners or undefeated 1v1 pvp champion in a arena!

Solid
01-26-2014, 10:03 PM
Top player recieves "The virginity is strong in this one" achievement.

Same goes to all who try and maintain 0 death stat....no one looks at those stats, and even if they did, they don't think you are cool.

Smh, go out, do something with your life lol

When I looked at the boards and saw 'Boss' was at the top, I thought it was because he was top PVP fighter but then found out it's because of mob kills. LOL, yeah, so cool.. lost sleep mashing buttons for hours on end, should be awarded "Top button masher".

There is no need to have a death stat, or a leader board like the ones we have right now. What we need is top elite runners or undefeated 1v1 pvp champion in a arena!

Well jeez.

Erdnase
01-26-2014, 10:11 PM
There aren't many extreme 50 kdrs at endgame.

Could still encourage more to kill farm for better kdrs.

Puntus
01-26-2014, 10:16 PM

With this system kill farmers and twinks will dominated , I think isnt the best solution , if we have in game a lot of kill farmers , I wont think how many more became with this system. We will see more boost accounts... thats not good for the players who trying be in lb for the fair way...like happens with ctf and tdm kills lb...a lot of boost acc , kill farmers and twinks....

But is a good idea if stg starting bann kill farmers and make pvp lb for end gamers and pvp lb for twinks

Solid
01-26-2014, 10:23 PM
With this system kill farmers and twinks will dominated , I think isnt the best solution , if we have in game a lot of kill farmers , I wont think how many more became with this system. We will see more boost accounts... thats not good for the players who trying be in lb for the fair way...like happens with ctf and tdm kills lb...a lot of boost acc , kill farmers and twinks....

But is a good idea if stg starting bann kill farmers and make pvp lb for end gamers and pvp lb for twinks

It is impossible for twinks to make the top player board anyway.

Puntus
01-26-2014, 10:43 PM
It is impossible for twinks to make the top player board anyway.

Its possible if them after get a good kdr level up, then they arent twinks but got the good kdr when was twinks. But twinks arent the unfair way , its easy way but not unfair , the problem allways re the kill farmers. I said twinks coz i dont like the easy way and its unfair for the players who wasnt twink and allways play ctf in end game.