PDA

View Full Version : help i dont undrstand it!

shlomisaada
11-04-2013, 05:48 PM
hey i new is this game listen i warrior level 21 i want to undrstand dps= speed? and dmg= you know what is it.. ok so what i dont undrstand here have weapons with dps and dont dmg.. so if all to weapons is dps and dont dmg.. how you incresed you dmg? how i get hight dmg?? thanks for your help

Maxcd
11-04-2013, 06:00 PM
DMG=Damage
DPS= Damage per second.
Some weapons might have a higher damage but lower DPS because of the actual attack speed (A maul takes longer to hit than a sword a shield)

shlomisaada
11-04-2013, 06:04 PM
DMG=Damage
DPS= Damage per second.
Some weapons might have a higher damage but lower DPS because of the actual attack speed (A maul takes longer to hit than a sword a shield)
im still dont get it in weapons i see just dps and stats.. this all.. where you see in weapon dmg?

Spyce
11-04-2013, 06:36 PM
im still dont get it in weapons i see just dps and stats.. this all.. where you see in weapon dmg?

Are you wanting to see your Warrior's DPS?

UnderAgeKids
11-04-2013, 07:08 PM
I understand. all weapon shows dps only. so, if u want to increase your damage, see the weapon stat. as a warrior,u need STR base weapon.

p/s : if u want higher damage, dont look at the weapon only.armor,ring,helm,amulet and the most important thing is your character stat also affect your damage.

shlomisaada
11-04-2013, 07:57 PM
I understand. all weapon shows dps only. so, if u want to increase your damage, see the weapon stat. as a warrior,u need STR base weapon.

p/s : if u want higher damage, dont look at the weapon only.armor,ring,helm,amulet and the most important thing is your character stat also affect your damage.

ooooooo this is answar !! thank you very much!!!! just 1 lest question dps is part of dmg right is give you to dmg somehow right?!

Instanthumor
11-04-2013, 08:33 PM
ooooooo this is answar !! thank you very much!!!! just 1 lest question dps is part of dmg right is give you to dmg somehow right?!

I just don't understand....

JFelt8
11-04-2013, 08:56 PM
Dps is your weapons auto attack damage dealt where the damage stat number is more relevant to your skill usage damage dealt

Worship
11-04-2013, 09:03 PM

Yes, higher damage will increase your DPS, causing more damage to enemies.

baddiva
11-04-2013, 10:13 PM
Yes, higher damage will increase your DPS, causing more damage to enemies.

it might not always true, as usually, at the same level, higher damage weapon comes at slow attack speed, resulting in low DPS, and vice versa..

DPS is abbr for Damage per Second. so, if a weapon enables you to attack one time for every one second, then DPS = Damage.
on the other ex., if your weapon attack two times for every one second, then DPS = 2 x Damage, or Damage = 1/2 x DPS. and vice versa.

you hate math? there's a simple way. just look at your simulated stats when you highlight an item... green stats mean higher point, while red stats mean lower point. just notice the dmg and dps stat..

Sent from my LG-P970 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

Morholt
11-04-2013, 11:08 PM
@baddiva I think worship meant if you took ring with +3 damage, it cause your dps to show an increase as well with the same weapon. :P

But yea...just look at your characters stat screen. :D

Damage is used to calculate your skills' damage and dps.
Dps is a reflection of your normal attack's damage.

shlomisaada
11-05-2013, 06:15 AM
ok thanks everybody really thanks!!!!!!!!!!!

bhutkeyur
11-05-2013, 09:36 AM
Dps-damage per second
Higher your dps means your weapon normal attack and charged attack hits hard. DPS has nothing to do with your spell. It just pure your weapon attack damage only.

Damage
Higher damage means your spell hits hard. For example skyward smash(spell). Having more str increase your spell dmg as warrior.

I hope it makes bit more clear.

JaytB
11-05-2013, 10:14 AM
I made a topic about it long ago...

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?t=88373

It's for a sorcerer but the basics are the same for all classes.

keikali
11-05-2013, 10:54 AM
I made a topic about it long ago...

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?t=88373

It's for a sorcerer but the basics are the same for all classes.

I was literally going to link to your thread that you created about DPS v. DMG.

Great thread read.