PDA

View Full Version : Add Reputation points in Game..

Linkincena
11-05-2013, 12:28 AM
If someone helps another player in game...
The player can add reputation points to him depending on his level. .
Plz give your thoughts on this...

zorathorg
11-05-2013, 12:36 AM
This has been suggested before..... And proven to be a hassle... Someone can just create another character and give his main character a whole bunch of rep, so he looks reliable... Then he can get trusted by more people and scam said people easier....

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

Derezzzed
11-05-2013, 01:05 AM
This has been suggested before..... And proven to be a hassle... Someone can just create another character and give his main character a whole bunch of rep, so he looks reliable... Then he can get trusted by more people and scam said people easier....

^this

Plus people could just be "you know what" & De-Fame you for no reason, it's a good idea in theory but not in application

Linkincena
11-05-2013, 01:35 AM

STG has remedy for that too...
Limit accounts from same device n reps etc.

Venom
11-05-2013, 01:43 AM

Can not do that. Anyways its pointless to go on about this, if they wanted to add, would have added long ago. Has been suggested many times and yes, players themselves make it impossible for STS to add such features. For example, haters would give you a negative reputation.. Beggars would threaten to give you negative rep if you don't give money. Friends would boost each others' rep.

KingMartin
11-05-2013, 02:28 AM
Very nice idea that would help to evaluate players so much!

Pity it cannot be put into practice due to the above reasons. Another reason is that scammers' club can give rep points to each other. I am afraid no remedy for crooked and disturbed characters. Pity.

Urqui
11-05-2013, 02:59 AM
Didn't Abraham Lincoln once say that we are all equal?
Besides, there are already people with huge egos in game, so do you think another way to boost their ego even more is necessary?

Instanthumor
11-05-2013, 03:01 AM
Besides, there are already people with huge egos in game, so do you think another way to boost their ego even more is necessary?

Then again, my ego is not yo amigo, so it was never meant to be in the first place O.O

matanofx
11-05-2013, 03:30 AM
This is one of those ideas that sound awesome but us humans will mess it up real good and bad people will use it in their advantage

Im guessing a scammer waiting to act will ask his entire guild to give him +1, while a normal good fella wouldnt ask anyone for +1 but they'd just receive it occasionally

Making the people who just want to scam look better than the people you can actually trust.

Again i like the idea, but im afraid it'll do the the opposite of what you intended.

Daddyblu
11-05-2013, 03:44 AM
If someone helps another player in game...
The player can add reputation points to him depending on his level. .
Plz give your thoughts on this...

Not good idea,

Scammers can use this rep thingy! the can build good rep for 5-8 months then bang!

Daddyblu
11-05-2013, 03:45 AM
This is one of those ideas that sound awesome but us humans will mess it up real good and bad people will use it in their advantage

Im guessing a scammer waiting to act will ask his entire guild to give him +1, while a normal good fella wouldnt ask anyone for +1 but they'd just receive it occasionally

Making the people who just want to scam look better than the people you can actually trust.

Again i like the idea, but im afraid it'll do the the opposite of what you intended.

Opps Matanofx already posted, yes this is true.

zorathorg
11-05-2013, 07:26 AM

You forget people can just create new accounts with new fake emails... No email accptance....lulz

AL/PL/DL/SL - Anarchyz (Deadgoatgames.com)

dudetus
11-05-2013, 05:59 PM

My ego is so big that I can't even fit my reply prope

DocDoBig
11-05-2013, 06:06 PM
My ego is so big that I can't even fit my reply prope

Wanna bet my ego is DocDoBigger?

Yeah ... I have to quit.

gundamsone
11-06-2013, 02:13 AM
People will start buying reputation...don't get into this please...
You can learn from MAPLESTORY

keikali
11-06-2013, 08:33 AM
People will start buying reputation...don't get into this please...
You can learn from MAPLESTORY

Welcome back? lol :D

There will be 2 issues with this: 1) As someone has mentioned - "boosting" chars 2) Bias issues against certain people ingame.

Samhayne
11-06-2013, 11:21 AM
Other games have attempted this to mixed or poor results. As such, we don't feel it is that attractive of an option for us to spend time on. Rather, we'd like to focus on areas that have proven to be interesting to our players - more stuff to do (content)!

Roberto077
11-06-2013, 11:53 AM
we'd like to focus on areas that have proven to be interesting to our players - more stuff to do (content)!

Well ain't that ironic.