PDA

View Full Version : Android market download

Kett
11-10-2010, 07:10 PM
I have a 2.2 Samsung galaxy S I9000 and I am trying to download the application from the market but it says download unsuccessful and it is the only application that does that to me.

Futumsh
11-10-2010, 07:16 PM
(suggestion removed, apparantly can have bad side effects, and didn't fix it for this person anyway)

Kett
11-10-2010, 07:25 PM
Still nothing which is weird because out of every app I've just tried, this is the only one that won't work.

Anywhere else that I can get the .apk file?

Kett
11-10-2010, 07:39 PM
Now it just hangs with no response, I have tested around 50 apps, install and uninstall and all worked.

duhchi
11-10-2010, 07:48 PM
Have you rooted? I know most of the galaxy s hasn't got 2.2 yet.

Kett
11-10-2010, 07:52 PM
Yes It is a custom ROM from XDA but no app has issues apart from this specific one.

Kett
11-10-2010, 09:09 PM
Does anyone have the APK?

Kett
11-10-2010, 09:35 PM
Seems someone else is having the same issue.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=9142861#post9142861

Uthboth
11-11-2010, 12:00 AM
Some things that may fix your problem:

settings -> applications -> manage applications -> market (may have to do menu/filter/all to see) -> clear cache
settings -> applications -> manage applications -> download manager -> clear data
settings -> applications -> manage applications -> google apps -> clear data
settings -> applications -> manage applications -> google talk -> clear data
settings -> applications -> manage applications -> checkin service -> clear data

Some folks that have had that problem with other apps say that fixed it for them.

I did this with my phone and had to do a factory reset on it because I lost all access to the market and gmail. Just giving a warning to other users that may run into this.

corvik
11-15-2010, 08:07 AM
I have same problem with my Galaxy S. i see PL in market but if i click download then after few sec. market say download failed. same situation on wifi or 2g/3g

west][
11-16-2010, 12:29 PM
I have the same problem. Cant download this application from market repository. I am user of HTC Desire. When I press install, it just apears download bar, but nothing happening. Intresting is that this makes only Pocket Legends. Others applications are dowloading correctly. I tried clean Market and Download manager data, but it has no effect.

I have no idea whats wrong becose with the same phone model, even with the same rom, someone can download it, someone can't.
I started play game in v1.5.0 and even payed platinum points for continues, but now was released new version 1.5.1 and I cant download client update and play. Version 1.5.0 I was downloaded as *.pkg file. Please can someone post 1.5.1 update client as package for install form memory card before problem solved?..

Thank you and sorry for my english.