PDA

View Full Version : Recommended Skills

Qwn
11-10-2010, 09:05 PM
Hey guys.
Im fairly new to the game and im wondering what skills should you max out first as a ranger? And also, do you need to get anything else up besides dex?
Thanks.

juhnken773
11-10-2010, 09:26 PM
There are MANY threads about this :)

But anyways. Max focus, and blast shot first. All buffs. Both screams, and what evas left.

In the end. They will all be maces expect 2 skills which should be meditation and restore. Restore on 4

MurdocX
11-11-2010, 01:38 PM
It depends. Do you plan on PvP or PvE?

For PvE:
Put all attribute points into Dexterity, nothing else.

Skills to max out: Focus, Blast Shot, Thorn Root, Shattering Scream, Blinding Shot, Break Armor, Repulse, and Meditation.
At level 50 I recommend that you respec your archer. Meditation is useful until you get around 45 because then the equips have large bonus stats of +M/s regeneration rates, which makes Meditation virutally usesless. I recommend putting the points into Restore rather than Meditation if you decide to respec later on.

By ranger what were you referring to? Did you mean playing with bows over using a dagger or talon? I suggest you use bows and crossbows through out the game. But a lot of people seem to like talon + wing for birds, personally, i don't like it because it doesn't output as much damage as bows have and you lose a lot of range which defeats the purpose of gaining defense from the wing.

TheLaw
11-11-2010, 08:08 PM
I recommend only these skills for PvP and PvE:

Focus, Evasion, Blast Shot, Shattering Scream, Thorn Wall, Repulse Shot, Meditation, Restore, Blinding Shot, Break Armor.

There are MANY threads about this :)

But anyways. Max focus, and blast shot first. All buffs. Both screams, and what evas left.

In the end. They will all be maces expect 2 skills which should be meditation and restore. Restore on 4

Isnt the First skill Useless?

It depends. Do you plan on PvP or PvE?

For PvE:
Put all attribute points into Dexterity, nothing else.

Skills to max out: Focus, Blast Shot, Thorn Root, Shattering Scream, Blinding Shot, Break Armor, Repulse, and Meditation.
At level 50 I recommend that you respec your archer. Meditation is useful until you get around 45 because then the equips have large bonus stats of +M/s regeneration rates, which makes Meditation virutally usesless. I recommend putting the points into Restore rather than Meditation if you decide to respec later on.

By ranger what were you referring to? Did you mean playing with bows over using a dagger or talon? I suggest you use bows and crossbows through out the game. But a lot of people seem to like talon + wing for birds, personally, i don't like it because it doesn't output as much damage as bows have and you lose a lot of range which defeats the purpose of gaining defense from the wing.

I think he meant Thorn Wall.