PDA

View Full Version : PVE Spec

Vaeriu
11-06-2013, 07:15 AM
Hi AL!
What's the best spec for a Lvl 36 Rogue?
I do PVE and Elites.
MY current spec is 5 Damage 5 Int 5 Str 5 Dex 5 AS 4 Medic 3 Nox 3 Shadow Piercer (I'm still LvL 35)
And as for my stat points, 10 go to Str, 20 go to Int and the rest goes to Dex.
What's the best way to go? Full Dex or Hybrid? And where should my skill points go? Which skills are good for PVE and elite?
Well, I'm only considering taking Combat Medic and Shadow Piercer out now for Traps but I wanna hear your opinions!
Cya!

wvhills
11-06-2013, 10:11 AM
take out combat medic. there's really no use for it in pve.
u definitely want to go full dex. here's what i do:
aimed shot: maxed
nox: maxed
veil: 4/5- all except explode
the fourth skill depends on what u want to do. If u are doing elites only then get traps with all upgrades except explode. if you're going to do arena then get pierce as ur fourth skill (no upgrades). Pierce is a game changer in arena as it allows u to escape the environmental conditions by piercing right to the boss.

passives: 5 damage, 5 dex, 5 might and the rest in int.

DocDoBig
11-06-2013, 01:22 PM
^I used wvhills build from an old thread (I think it's sticky?) and I'm satisified with it. :)

keikali
11-06-2013, 02:02 PM
the fourth skill depends on what u want to do. If u are doing elites only then get traps with all upgrades except explode. if you're going to do arena then get pierce as ur fourth skill (no upgrades). Pierce is a game changer in arena as it allows u to escape the environmental conditions by piercing right to the boss.

Literally same build on my Rogue. Works well in Elites.

Loelin
11-07-2013, 02:15 PM
Hi guys , thx for pve skill. Can you also talk about ur equipement and pets pls that's interresting.

wvhills
11-07-2013, 02:26 PM
Hi guys , thx for pve skill. Can you also talk about ur equipement and pets pls that's interresting.

if ur talking about arena and shuyal elites then u want the best equips u can get. U want the highest damage possible with the highest health. Try to get around 3000 health and 350 damage. If u lack in health then use str pets (malison, kettle, ribbit, etc. there are many more). I use upgraded mythics. The best non mythic equips are architect. I'm not sure if elites/arena are doable in non upgraded mythics without spending a ton of plat. I'd say it would be tough but have never tried it.

Soundlesskill
11-07-2013, 03:50 PM

Hills, Bruh, what do you want with ranged nox?

Heres my build anyways:

Aim 5/5
Nox 4/5 No Range
Veil 4/5 No Explode
(Piercer for Arena) 2/5 20% Armor Reduction upgrade.
(Trap for elite maps) 4/5 No Explode.

Passives: 5/5 DEX, CRIT, DMG, STR. Rest to INT

wvhills
11-07-2013, 04:21 PM
Hills, Bruh, what do you want with ranged nox?

Heres my build anyways:

Aim 5/5
Nox 4/5 No Range
Veil 4/5 No Explode
(Piercer for Arena) 2/5 20% Armor Reduction upgrade.
(Trap for elite maps) 4/5 No Explode.

Passives: 5/5 DEX, CRIT, DMG, STR. Rest to INT

in arena ranged is a waste but i think it's essential in elites. not so much the ranged part of the upgrade but increasing from 3 targets to 6.

200 damage per second of nox poision (once it stacks) * 8 seconds= 1600 damage * 3 additional targets = 4800 more damage. i think it's worth it. :)
however, i don't do elites that often but it saves me from respecing when i do decide to. lol.

GoodSyntax
11-07-2013, 05:30 PM
I've been running elites exclusively this entire season and have been running without any mythics (aside from Lep Pendant) and have been able to hold my own in both Elite Shuyal and the Gladiator Arena. The build that I use allows me to solo any map up to Elite Skull Cove (can't seem to handle BloodHammer and his infinite minions just yet) and the Arena (most of the time unless I get the wrong environmental with the wrong boss to match).

Here is my build:

SKILLS:
Shadow Piercer (2/5): Added Shadow Absorption upgrade
Noxious Bolt (5/5): All upgrades!
Aimed Shot (5/5): All upgrades!
Shadow Veil (4/5): Did not add Combusting Decay upgrade.

PASSIVES:
Damage: 5/5
Agility (DEX): 5/5
Knowledge (INT): 5/5
Might (STR): 4/5

EQUIPMENT:
I use three builds, depending on where I'm going and what I am trying to do.

MAX DMG: This is my maximum damage build. I use this for lower level elite maps up through Kraken Isles. I sometimes use this in Nordr, but for the most part, it leaves me too squishy, so I only do this if I have a good Tank (or two) around to manage aggro.

Architect Quills of Brutality
Hellish Thistle Crown of Potency
Hellish Raiment of Potency
Full Circuit of Potency
Bling Bauble of Potency

HP: 2816
Dodge: 35.65%
Crit: 19.45%
DMG: 342.1
Mana: 1395
Armor: 1067

HIGH DMG: This is a high damage build that sacrifices some DMG for more armor. This is my primary load-out for elite Nordr runs and elite Shuyal if I have a good party to run with.

Architect Helm of Will
Architect Armor of Will
Full Circuit of Potency
Bling Bauble of Potency

HP: 2832
Dodge: 35.80%
Crit: 19.53%
DMG: 323.5
Mana: 1415
Armor: 1192

BALANCED: This is a more balanced build that sacrifices more DMG for more armor and HP. I use this when I am running the Arena, when I am training new elite runners in Shuyal or anytime I expect to get the bulk of the aggro on a tough elite map (like elite Man Eater with a weaker party).

Architect Helm of Will
Architect Armor of Will
Night Ocean Ripple of Warfare
Gleipnir

HP: 2984
Dodge: 34.98%
Crit: 19.06%
DMG: 306.9
Mana: 1285
Armor: 1233

I also have other more exotic builds that I play with on occasion, such as a tank/dodge build for when I'm taking the walk to Elite Lost Mages Mine, and a Crit+DMG build for fast Elite Forest runs, but they are only effective in very specific situations.

Generally, from what you will see, I am heavily reliant on NoxBox to solo tough elite maps, hence the full upgrades.

Vaeriu
11-07-2013, 09:56 PM
Thanks guys for all the wonderful builds :bee:
Just one more thing, I run elites more often than normal maps/Arena/PVP so is veil really that useful?
Also, how do you use traps effectively?
Thanks all!

Kakashis
11-07-2013, 10:50 PM
I use nox, aimed, Pierce, and razor. I enjoy blending mobs and if there's a warrior with rally cry and someone else with Mali or ewen, hello 100% Dodge with Konga a pet! The shadow veil is nice, but with 10%damage pets, and warriors with 2000 armors, shadow veil I find to be slowly becoming less useful. It's nice to have at least one person in the group to have it, but it won't be me!

Soundlesskill
11-08-2013, 01:24 AM
in arena ranged is a waste but i think it's essential in elites. not so much the ranged part of the upgrade but increasing from 3 targets to 6.

200 damage per second of nox poision (once it stacks) * 8 seconds= 1600 damage * 3 additional targets = 4800 more damage. i think it's worth it. :)
however, i don't do elites that often but it saves me from respecing when i do decide to. lol.

Ooooo... I never do elite maps anyways LOL

Kakashis
11-08-2013, 01:30 AM
Elite us fun! But sometimes no loot means a gold pit

Loelin
11-08-2013, 03:50 AM
I don't inderstand when u talk about upgraded mythic ? What is it ?
My other question is when u solo in elite maps , u use Daggers or Bow ? Cause i m using Wvills skills with legendary item ( Architect Helm of Will , Architect Armor of Will , etc ... ) and i'm taking bad damages when i fight with daggers lol. With bow and run that work better ... or do you guys use a lot of potions in elite maps ?
Thx for answer and sorry for noobing lol.

wvhills
11-08-2013, 08:42 AM
Thanks guys for all the wonderful builds :bee:
Just one more thing, I run elites more often than normal maps/Arena/PVP so is veil really that useful?
Also, how do you use traps effectively?
Thanks all!

shadow veil is essential. it debuffs mobs hit percent, adds 20% armor and 15% damage. I've asked a lot of pro tanks and every one of them love rogues who use veil. it makes tanking so much easier. traps are kind of tricky. u just have to keep in mind they are very random and won't always drop where u want them too. u can practice in non elites to get a feel for them.

My other question is when u solo in elite maps , u use Daggers or Bow ? Cause i m using Wvills skills with legendary item ( Architect Helm of Will , Architect Armor of Will , etc ... ) and i'm taking bad damages when i fight with daggers lol. With bow and run that work better ... or do you guys use a lot of potions in elite maps ?

don't solo. haha.

GoodSyntax
11-08-2013, 09:41 AM

I generally use Daggers (Architect Quills of Brutality) when running elite maps. The reason for this is because I like the PROC (+50% Crit). I occasionally use a bow, but the small DMG increase doesn't make up for the loss of all that crit. If I am running a map solo and I want to use the NoxBox, then I'll use the bow because the added DMG also means more damage for my Nox poison.

And, yes, I do use a lot of potions on some elite maps.

Soundlesskill
11-08-2013, 10:06 AM
It'd most likely be like this..

Mobs = Blades

Boss = Bow

Why?

Bow is more DMG on a sinle target.

Blades damages up to 3 targets per. Auto attack.

Desperoto
11-08-2013, 11:44 AM

This build, except the 'rest in int' part, int isnt usefull in elite and arena.. U better can get a 1/5 pierce skill unlock instead of the int OR some passive crit

ihud
11-08-2013, 03:16 PM
lol.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?114630-Guide-How-to-Upgrade-Your-Mythic-Helm-and-Armor-and-become-%93The-Hero-of-Legend%94

centoid
11-10-2013, 02:03 AM
which passice should i go for int or crit i do arena and elite .

Soundlesskill
11-10-2013, 10:33 AM
which passice should i go for int or crit i do arena and elite .

Crit dex dmg str

centoid
11-10-2013, 02:26 PM
is crit usefull cause 5% more crit doesnt seem big.is int maxed better.

Soundlesskill
11-10-2013, 04:38 PM
is crit usefull cause 5% more crit doesnt seem big.is int maxed better.

It is a biggie. Crit does a alot for you. Whereas INT is the same as an extra potion.

Potions for HP and MANA. You PvE, you want more fast killing.

centoid
11-10-2013, 09:28 PM
int adds a little dmg also isnt it useful than str.

Soundlesskill
11-11-2013, 01:28 AM
int adds a little dmg also isnt it useful than str.

Better survive than have 1k+ mana