PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion: Add "Won Games" counter to CTF an TD

gumball3000
11-06-2013, 07:42 AM
I would like this to be added to the game and maybe a dev to tell me why this hasn't been implemented yet.

As a player without the best gear in the game (ie., no mythic items/pets) you would probably be intimidated by joining any pvp matches and for a good reason. You cant expect to have a positive kdr or get any fun out of it. I think adding this counter would give those players a sense of achievement, would promote new strategies and TEAM play. Otherwise killing each other in ctf is plain and boring.

Please discuss.

Sleepdeprived
11-06-2013, 10:15 AM
Adding achievements for won games would be nice. Yet, for people that played pvp before then, it wouldnt be an accurate number for how many games they actually won, but it still wouldnt hurt.

Jxmaa
11-06-2013, 10:21 AM
How is possible to judge a game as "win" ? First to 5 flags ? That can be easily farmable like kills and flags , first to 100kills would be nice , and can be judged as a win in my opinion , maybe needs a separate room idk .

gumball3000
11-06-2013, 10:52 AM
It is easy now because not a lot of people care if the other team has the flag or not. What i mean is that every member of the team who wins the ctf match should score a point as won game.

Roberto077
11-06-2013, 12:00 PM
Why not take out kills and deaths, replace them with average damage dealt and taken per game, and make rewards for killing people in pvp. Like 10 gold per kill, and as you kill them more and more in that game with little contest, they loose value.

The first part would make people care less about individual effort and more on team effort, and the second part would give people the satisfaction they should have for killing someone. Also, average damage dealt/taken would make judging a person of their skills (based on stats) much easier. For example, a warrior with low damage dealt and high damage taken will be considered good, like a rogue with the opposite and the sorcerer averaged out.

Soundlesskill
11-06-2013, 12:02 PM
Okaaaaay. So if that were to happen.

My kills at are 44k

That would be 10x44000 = 440000G

440k that I missed out on because this was inforced late -_-

Frekken
11-06-2013, 12:26 PM
If you want to Pay gold people to play pvp or kills, then all fun is gone. Theyre gonna hate, trashtalk ewen more because money is implied...no room for noobies there. Talk about fun

Saribeau
11-06-2013, 12:43 PM
Why not take out kills and deaths, replace them with average damage dealt and taken per game, and make rewards for killing people in pvp. Like 10 gold per kill, and as you kill them more and more in that game with little contest, they loose value.

The first part would make people care less about individual effort and more on team effort, and the second part would give people the satisfaction they should have for killing someone. Also, average damage dealt/taken would make judging a person of their skills (based on stats) much easier. For example, a warrior with low damage dealt and high damage taken will be considered good, like a rogue with the opposite and the sorcerer averaged out.

i agree with this because i dont have a ton of gold and i like to pvp but high lvl pets get expensive to feed. at least this will pay for a little of this gold by getting kills

gumball3000
11-06-2013, 12:56 PM
No, money should not be involved in pvp and 10 gold / kill would not cut it for the pet feeding anyway. My idea is very simple and easy to implement, its just a counter that increases by 1 every match you win with your team. Some are good flaggers and some ferocious killers, this would make the pvp more appealing for everyone cause they would actually play as a team to win the game not just score kills. If you're really about scoring kills without any strategy involved then you can go play dm.

Nesox
11-06-2013, 02:35 PM
I was actually thinking of a games won stat as a way to rid CTF of its culture of flagging entitlement, however; I feel that loaded teams, ganging, and spawn kills are all too rampent already in pvp and this wouldn't help. The only way to make this work would be to assign random teams and not be allowed to join part way through a match (cant join a runaway for the last couple points). IE. An even number of players join a pool, are randomly assigned a team at match start, and don't leave until the match ends. All the opposing players leaving would work for a win as well I would imagine.

gumball3000
11-09-2013, 05:13 AM
I just realized why some people might not want this to be implemented. I didn't think about it when i started the thread but this would damage the business of flag and kill farmers. People don't care about the actual game, only about the ap that they get from kill/flag count. That's unfortunate for the players who don't do it for the ap and would like to actually play a game of ctf where you don't get away with flagging just by saying "don't kill pls".

Farmu
01-24-2014, 10:25 AM
If your interested in a true CTF matches pm me in game ign- farmu