PDA

View Full Version : game is almost unplayable

eeknoh
11-06-2013, 08:50 AM
I know you guys are well aware the game has some serious lag issues since your recent maintenance. I know you also extended haloween so you could only do one maintenance, today, to end haloween event and try to fix this.

I'm just wondering what time you plan to perform this maintenance today? The game is almost unplayable due to the lag. Its flaky, but sometimes it literally takes 5 minutes to zone, and the consignment shop is broken.

Eta?

chitgoks
11-06-2013, 08:52 AM
yeah sooooo lag now

Fidalex
11-06-2013, 09:10 AM
Remove the word almost :)

ihud
11-06-2013, 10:31 AM
What's funny (wierd not haha) is some say they have no lag.

Fidalex
11-06-2013, 11:05 AM
I have no lag when i run a map, i have a terrible lag loading the game and when switching maps.

DocDoBig
11-06-2013, 01:30 PM
Energ has a good point on this issue http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?122951-2013-11-06-Content-Update-(134600)/page2

Regarding the lag issue, Sam explained in another thread that this is due to changes made on the server which resulted in the system cache being reset. So basically the cache has to rebuild itself over time. So the lag is not something they can just get rid of, but it will gradually go away over the coming days as more and more of us play.

It's kind of like when you clear the cache in your internet browser, sites load slower for a few days until it rebuilds itself. Same thing applies here.

A lag is usual after a long maintenance like this. It's because the Server have to ''re-boot'' to their full capacity. Plus there is a huge amount of people logging in right now.

Just wait an hour or two.