View Full Version : Upping avatar customization

Arterra
11-10-2010, 10:17 PM
One thing I would pay for is to have a short description of, say, the background of my character viewable on the avatar page. nice and simple, a max character limit and only 0-9, a-z, "" , . , ! , ? (those are the characters allowed or something)

here are some general guidelines that have worked in other games... notable the one in the link lol
http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=105094&hl=dragon+description+rules

now, it WOULD be a hassle to take care of for devs with work to do... though cant find actual rules in the previously shown forum for their own system here is the gist:

>player approved descriptions.
>offensive descriptions earn bans or changes, just like offensive names or chat.
>only players who have played a certain amount of time, and have all three classes to lv25-30 min (limits to actual players)
>needs 4 approvals to be implemented, from 4 different reviewers. either that or the more approvals it has, the higher in the list of dev screening it is.
>if it turns out offensive anyway when approved, and reported, approvers are put on rating hold, about a week. (or permanently hey)

incentive
>some form of tokens, exchangeable for either rare items in real dungeons (soul-bound/nontradeable/etc), buff pots, housing items, guild upgrades... list is endless if you put it into thinking ;D
>stats on descriptions rated in avatar page, find out who is the real new Royce in town.

Hey, THIS i would pay for. not hiding info, or changing colors :/

Hodnett
11-11-2010, 12:33 AM
That's a SICK idea! Hope it gets put into the game...

Arterra
11-11-2010, 08:05 AM
Ok I realize its a long explanation lol. So short version:

A character bio, reviewed by peers and reports.