PDA

View Full Version : Guide: Best investments after the holloween event

Tenetra
11-06-2013, 12:43 PM
I want to share my little knowledge in the AL market to help new players after the holloween event go for quick cash

Obvious investments
1. The new holloween vanities- especially the grim reaper helm because its cheaper and without it the sorc would look like a tree
2. Pumpkin Vanity helms- Invest in the warrior and sorc helms only while they are still cheap, the rogue probably but it really doesnt look that good
3. Vlad Eggs- well its just a flap jack with wings but a bat is a bat
4. Vampire Amulet of Malice and strength lvl 10 only- 4.1 damage or 17 str, its the best level 10 items out there
5. Hellish Assault and potency Items lvl 10, 35, and 36 only- its cheap now but the price will increase later as they are the best damage armors for rogue and warriors right now for legendary items
6. Grim Egg- great for twinks and elite mobs... Not to mention a Shinigami Pet is behind you enuff said

Not Obvious Investments
1. Kraken, green, and Red Founder sets- These items somehow became cheaper in the event so buy now because they will continue to be rare
2. George, Harley, and Grave Eggs- buy less than 50k ones, because on occcassions of extreme rarity they go about at least 100k
3. Jack hollows Pendant- I think this is the one with the lowest plat buyers because almost everyone has lep- Its just for effects but flashy people are willing to spend for an extra body effect. Buy a 250k one
4. Steel Silver Commando Armors- These are out dated items that has no comparison (e.g. iron plate controller magistrate, plated veteran, and many more)
5. Cheap winter wonderland armors- Its discontinued and cheap, but perfect this coming christmas

Bad Investments
1. Christmas Vanities- As they are to return unless devs make a way for it to still be sentimental (e.g. Putting a year on it, not all vanities of last year will come back only some, or inflate the plat value of old christmas items as to not decrease the price)
2. Lep Pendant- It shall return

Extra tips:
invest on weapons as they will momentarily rise because of the upgrade system but will eventually still go lower after the next expansion

I hope this helps, I hope everyone gets rich :)

Extra Tip:
Always save up for a Luck Pendant first before anything, because Locked Crates can be ur best initial capital to buy the items above :)

Terracio
11-06-2013, 02:39 PM
If you "find" a way to make money best keep it to yourself.
Look what happened to McCraw

dumb_troll
11-06-2013, 05:17 PM
Well 70% of what you said about obtaining profit is right. But why you tell us? I mean its kind from you but you loosed your secret. :o

Sent from my GT-S6500D using Tapatalk 2

falmear
11-06-2013, 05:48 PM
I would say add Squash to the list because right now its really cheap. There maybe a lot out there but if you are buying at 2 to 3k per squash. Eventually the supply will dry up because people will be buying these for pet achievements and collecting. The price will steadily rise. So you could easily make triple your money back. And once Squash is hatched its gone forever as an egg. If you watch CS you can see they are being bought up fairly quickly around 3k price.

FluffNStuff
11-06-2013, 05:48 PM
Well 70% of what you said about obtaining profit is right. But why you tell us? I mean its kind from you but you loosed your secret. :o

Sent from my GT-S6500D using Tapatalk 2

As soon as you invest in something, you try to get others to buy to drive the price up on your current stock. Why do you think all those 'ABC STOCK IS GOING TO GO THROUGH THE ROOF' Spam emails exist?

Ebezaanec
11-06-2013, 06:52 PM
Lol.. when people reveal the tricks to hoarding, they wonder why prices won't go as high as they hoped later on..

Just goes to show that the more people who know how to hoard, they more supply there is... And with more supply, there are lower prices, because sellers become competitive...

Solid
11-06-2013, 07:06 PM
the more you share, the less you make.

let that be known.

Tenetra
11-06-2013, 08:36 PM
Well true but its not all of the things I hoard, well its also up to you if you think you are gonna earn less too.

If you are hoarding someting and you think putting it in auc will just engage competitive sellers then don't put it in auction and sell it outside so that at least the price will make people think its high (This is the point FluffNStuff is saying I think)... You avoid CS tax and you still gain acceptable profit.

Ebezaanec
11-06-2013, 08:42 PM
Well true but its not all of the things I hoard, well its also up to you if you think you are gonna earn less too.

If you are hoarding someting and you think putting it in auc will just engage competitive sellers then don't put it in auction and sell it outside so that at least the price will make people think its high (This is the point FluffNStuff is saying I think)... You avoid CS tax and you still gain acceptable profit.

Well.. Now that you say that.. More and more people will sell outside, which forces auction sellers to lower prices in order to compete...

That also means a lower price value for the items in question..

Tenetra
11-06-2013, 09:14 PM
Well.. Now that you say that.. More and more people will sell outside, which forces auction sellers to lower prices in order to compete...

That also means a lower price value for the items in question..
Point taken, but I dont agree that it will affect auction sellers because they will not always see the one shouting outside, plus they dont care about people who's shouting outside (e.g. a seller outside have a Grim egg Selling it for 700k... why in the world would i sell it lower in auction)

Zylx
11-06-2013, 09:31 PM
Actually, the mummy and witch vanity sets are far more expensive than the grim reaper stuff, so they'd be better to sell...n i dont see why people would want the pumpkin head vanity after thanksgiving, but hey...

Tenetra
11-06-2013, 09:36 PM
Actually, the mummy and witch vanity sets are far more expensive than the grim reaper stuff, so they'd be better to sell...n i dont see why people would want the pumpkin head vanity after thanksgiving, but hey...

well I just like the mummy armor not the helm, but regardless helms are expensive now wew :))

Hoardseeker
11-07-2013, 07:39 AM
Well what abt squash I have 23 eggs of em

Haligali
11-07-2013, 07:56 AM
Discontinued eggs are best investment imo, it cannot be sold after the buyer hatched, especially grim egg, which looks cool and gives auto orange achievement without spending plat for the players, who join later.

chitgoks
11-07-2013, 08:09 AM
grave is tradeable now?

Tenetra
11-07-2013, 08:17 AM
grave is tradeable now?
Oops sorry no, I meant the other eagle

Spyce
11-07-2013, 09:49 AM
Grimm was a right choice!
It's currently 3~4m at the moment and will be rising.

Ebezaanec
11-07-2013, 09:53 AM

3-4m?

I see 800k-850k o.O

Goldenlotus
11-07-2013, 11:12 AM
I literally have all of those things. Why did u reveal the secrets!!! :<

FluffNStuff
11-07-2013, 11:29 AM

For 10 maybe :)

BudakGemuk
11-07-2013, 07:59 PM
Reverse psycology.

Hoardseeker
11-08-2013, 07:25 AM
How much will squash range goes up and after how many days or when?

Tenetra
11-08-2013, 08:37 AM
maybe up to 6-20k only and thats over 8 months to 10 months after... too much squash... tried buying it all last night but when I woke up the price is the same, not only that everyone has it, there are extremely many in stock

It's like the new deary, I tried buying it all at once too before

Kakashis
11-08-2013, 10:25 AM
Seems like grim and Vlad prices are pretty low currently too! Give it some time :)

Solid
11-08-2013, 12:05 PM
Most first time speculators are panicking ATM, selling their hoards because the % of increase was not exponential,

as the panic recedes, the % increase will be enough for the "share holders" to make a nice buck off of.

FluffNStuff
11-08-2013, 12:42 PM
Question for Grimm investors. How many of you actually bought and opened a Grimm egg with gold during the event? And if so, how much did you pay?

Tenetra
11-08-2013, 01:25 PM
I only used gold, bought 11 for 700k-750k only, there was 1 500k in auc though that I was licky enough to buy, I opened 1 and kt was worth it

basketholic209
11-08-2013, 04:01 PM
maybe up to 6-20k only and thats over 8 months to 10 months after... too much squash... tried buying it all last night but when I woke up the price is the same, not only that everyone has it, there are extremely many in stock

It's like the new deary, I tried buying it all at once too before

Squash is not that good for investment (though i have more than 10, lol).
Reason:
1. Jack Hellow (the mob that drop the egg) is EVERYWHERE (at all maps), while all other eggs are only dropped at specific places.
2. Players are "forced" to do daily quests 10 times minimum, thus increasing the chance to meet Jack Hellow multiple times in one day.
3. The drop rate of Squash is significantly better than any other droppable eggs, even we don't have to reroll.
4. Many players created several new accounts just for this event (including me, created 2 new accounts).
5. Squash will be dropped for EACH PLAYER near Jack Hellow (when he is killed), unlike any other eggs.
6. Pretty likely Squash is not discontinued (discontinued items tend to have price rising better). I think Squash will reappear next year.

So, all those who have invested in Squash heavily will be pretty disappointed :)

Tenetra
11-08-2013, 08:08 PM
Squash is not that good for investment (though i have more than 10, lol).
Reason:
1. Jack Hellow (the mob that drop the egg) is EVERYWHERE (at all maps), while all other eggs are only dropped at specific places.
2. Players are "forced" to do daily quests 10 times minimum, thus increasing the chance to meet Jack Hellow multiple times in one day.
3. The drop rate of Squash is significantly better than any other droppable eggs, even we don't have to reroll.
4. Many players created several new accounts just for this event (including me, created 2 new accounts).
5. Squash will be dropped for EACH PLAYER near Jack Hellow (when he is killed), unlike any other eggs.
6. Pretty likely Squash is not discontinued (discontinued items tend to have price rising better). I think Squash will reappear next year.

So, all those who have invested in Squash heavily will be pretty disappointed :)

I completely agree thats why i said its the new deary egg, and price will only increase in 8-10 months because no matter how much people loot we had today, inactive and quitters will be there in the future too

Solid
11-08-2013, 11:48 PM
^ lol first time speculators. Low price = exponential profit.

Lazarvs
11-09-2013, 02:09 AM
Lmao I bought 200 squash eggs thinking they'll be worth something later thats a nvm xD

Sent from my SPH-M830 using Tapatalk

Tenetra
11-09-2013, 04:29 AM
Lmao I bought 200 squash eggs thinking they'll be worth something later thats a nvm xD

Sent from my SPH-M830 using Tapatalk

You're not the only one :))

RyFG
11-13-2013, 09:12 PM
I would say add Squash to the list because right now its really cheap. There maybe a lot out there but if you are buying at 2 to 3k per squash. Eventually the supply will dry up because people will be buying these for pet achievements and collecting. The price will steadily rise. So you could easily make triple your money back. And once Squash is hatched its gone forever as an egg. If you watch CS you can see they are being bought up fairly quickly around 3k price.

I agree with you , maybe by next year price for squash will jet high.on my current I kept tons of this pet just hope we can laugh to the banks ...