PDA

View Full Version : PVP "Kick" Suggestion and Team Switch Options

WoofCookie
11-06-2013, 01:36 PM
Hi Folks;

Problem

You know how when you play PVP you sometimes get that annoying flagger that just won't help you fight. Feels like you're playing 6v4 on those instances. How about someone who is obviously playing for the other team and won't leave the game.

While this may be very annoying a slight amendment would do the trick.

Solution

Get a Kick option in PVP similar to FPS systems. Essentially it's a "Team Vote" that gets initiated. When 3/5 of the team members vote against you...you're booted from the game. This will allow teams to open spots for players who will fight for their cause. It will also help kick people who don't want to leave when you're in Guild Clashes.

TEAM SWITCH OPTION

Sometimes your guild is on the opposite side and a spot is open. How about not "leaving the game" entirely but returning to the "lobby" section of CTF where you get to choose. Maybe a Switch option could be implemented in this instance.

"Tank come this side"

Tank clicks "lobby" and gets taken back to the "Pre-team selection option" and then simply clicks the desired team.

Bottom Line

I think PVP is great but with a few adjustments here and there, PVP can become a major factor in AL. I for one play most of the time PVP and think that STS could greatly increase the user experience by implementing the above mentioned suggestions. This in addition to my other PVP suggestion about being able to Duel and bet.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?119937-What-if-PVP-could-make-you-Money

Thanks and any feedback on this idea would be cool too. I think within this community of PVPers we can assist in making AL pvp experience off the charts.

Cheers

Instanthumor
11-06-2013, 01:53 PM
I don't really know if the lobby suggestion is absolutely necessary, but I am loving that kick option.

DagnyTaggart
11-06-2013, 02:34 PM
I mostly agree with you woof. But as long as there are flag APs people will flag. I hate flagging but I only have about 470 flags.... need a lot more to make LB.

Also theres already a lot of one sided games, the switch option might make this problem worse. I understand friends / guildies want to play with each other but this often leaves the playing field anything but level as you end up with geared and experienced players all on one side.

-Dag

WoofCookie
11-06-2013, 03:28 PM
I mostly agree with you woof. But as long as there are flag APs people will flag. I hate flagging but I only have about 470 flags.... need a lot more to make LB.

Also theres already a lot of one sided games, the switch option might make this problem worse. I understand friends / guildies want to play with each other but this often leaves the playing field anything but level as you end up with geared and experienced players all on one side.

-Dag

True...I did't think of that.

Then let's leave it at Kick option. Should be a simple change...

dumb_troll
11-06-2013, 04:57 PM
I think the best idea would be if there would be implemented a totally pure pvp battle. :)

Sent from my GT-S6500D using Tapatalk 2

Valsacar
11-06-2013, 05:20 PM
Yes, I hate it when there is that one good person on my team and they get all the kills.

DagnyTaggart
11-06-2013, 06:40 PM
Yes, I hate it when there is that one good person on my team and they get all the kills.

Another problem entirely. Spreading kills across everyone in the battle that contributed to kill including heals on dps is how wow solved it. Personally its very tempting to hide behind warriors and mages and just shoot my bow and run away. Easiest way for a rogue to farm kills.... But totally weak.

Still I do agree w the kick idea. That's another one wow did and it worked.

Instanthumor
11-06-2013, 06:43 PM

You don't have to be good to get kills... It's mostly about the timing, 'KS' for instance.

Nesox
11-06-2013, 07:43 PM
1. I have been wishing for an easy team switch button as often the second and third players will join the same team simultaniously causing a 3v1 senario, but to even it up you have to leave and hope you can join the same game again.

2. I also think that mobs/gangs are rampant and forcing team choice so that no team has more than addtional person would help. IE. when you join a match that is 3v2 you can't join the mob. I see the annoyance for friend/guild teams but I see far more gang situations then planned teams. Random assignment, rather then choice, could work here as well.

3. Chat during the death and lobby screens would be nice as spawn/chat kills prevent being able to talk in game.

4. "Next active map" button somewhere so that you can look for a different pvp game without having to jump to town, to map, to town, to map.....

5. PvP kick suggestion sounds good in theory but in practice it is going to get me kicked as soon as I kill my first narcassictic pampered flagger. This will only further serve to make the statistic of flagging totally meaningless and form two form of CTF: "DM CTF" and "Watch Us All Pad Our Stats Without The Hastle Of Skill CTF."

Frohnatur
11-06-2013, 10:33 PM
Problem: Flaggers
Solution: Kill them. Always. Pretty soon they will start to fight too. This might look like a disadvantage in the first place, but it would eliminate those flagger games.

Problem: Team switch
Solution: Eliminate Team select option

Problem: But I want to play with my guildies!!!
Solution: Make PvP joinable for Partys like in elite. Although I wouldnt favour that option myself. There are a lot problems involved with that. So personally I wouldnt vote for that option.

Soundlesskill
11-07-2013, 04:06 PM
Hi Folks;

Problem

You know how when you play PVP you sometimes get that annoying flagger that just won't help you fight. Feels like you're playing 6v4 on those instances. How about someone who is obviously playing for the other team and won't leave the game.

I'd like to point out LB players needs to flag. It's like a boring must.

While this may be very annoying a slight amendment would do the trick.

Solution

Get a Kick option in PVP similar to FPS systems. Essentially it's a "Team Vote" that gets initiated. When 3/5 of the team members vote against you...you're booted from the game. This will allow teams to open spots for players who will fight for their cause. It will also help kick people who don't want to leave when you're in Guild Clashes.

This can be abused. 3 players spotblocks your gane and kicks you out. NO fun. You get kicked because you got no skills? NO fun. You get kicked for being a trash talker? NO fun. You get kicked for being 1 person everyone hates? NO fun.

Auto kick after 1 min of afk-ing

TEAM SWITCH OPTION

Sometimes your guild is on the opposite side and a spot is open. How about not "leaving the game" entirely but returning to the "lobby" section of CTF where you get to choose. Maybe a Switch option could be implemented in this instance.

"Tank come this side"

Tank clicks "lobby" and gets taken back to the "Pre-team selection option" and then simply clicks the desired team.

Good thought, bad solution.

Players wikl start switching to the teams that is winning. They'll join opposite site because they're scared for their KDR. Also this is a huge UP to spotblocking.

Bottom Line

I think PVP is great but with a few adjustments here and there, PVP can become a major factor in AL. I for one play most of the time PVP and think that STS could greatly increase the user experience by implementing the above mentioned suggestions. This in addition to my other PVP suggestion about being able to Duel and bet.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?119937-What-if-PVP-could-make-you-Money

Thanks and any feedback on this idea would be cool too. I think within this community of PVPers we can assist in making AL pvp experience off the charts.

Cheers

PvP shouldn't make you money, however it's be great if they started showing % of pet happiness. So each time you scored a flag 5% of your pet's happiness would regen. Every kill gives 1% back.

WoofCookie
11-07-2013, 09:20 PM
Great Points everybody. I hope that some of this information can get through to the Developers. I love AL and think with minor tweaks it can increase user engagement a thousand fold. I love this community!

Excuses
11-07-2013, 09:25 PM
I think kicking option and guild party on same team option might help to prevent spot blocker.. (Hate this.)

But
3 players spot blocks your gane and kicks you out. NO fun. Agreed
You get kicked because you got no skills? NO fun. Agreed
You get kicked for being a trash talker? NO fun. I think they deserve it. lol
You get kicked for being 1 person everyone hates? NO fun. Agreed

There will be always problem.
But nice thought.

Instanthumor
11-07-2013, 10:08 PM
I think kicking option and guild party on same team option might help to prevent spot blocker.. (Hate this.)

But
3 players spot blocks your gane and kicks you out. NO fun. Agreed
You get kicked because you got no skills? NO fun. Agreed
You get kicked for being a trash talker? NO fun. I think they deserve it. lol
You get kicked for being 1 person everyone hates? NO fun. Agreed

There will be always problem.
But nice thought.

If your teammates hate you, or if you hate your teammates, then why would you pick that team anyways?

Soundlesskill
11-08-2013, 01:22 AM
If your teammates hate you, or if you hate your teammates, then why would you pick that team anyways?

So every time throws "noob" they should get kicked? Sure if the go crazy..

It doesn't have to be me who choses the team. They can too.

Instanthumor
11-08-2013, 01:27 AM
So every time throws "noob" they should get kicked? Sure if the go crazy..

It doesn't have to be me who choses the team. They can too.

What is UP with you and contradicting all my posts? @_@ Lolz.

Grisilda
11-08-2013, 05:44 AM
the switch thingy is more of an inconvenience. basically you go in, out, in, out etc till you find a new map. Would be nice to somehow get rid of this but it's not an actual problem that needs to be dealt with drastically.

Now for the kick option: although i see how it could be useful i also need to point out something. There are people who create twinks and add them to twink guilds. But there are others who have twinks and play in pve guilds. So what would happen with this kick scenario: solo player joins to a game that others are from 1 guild. because others want to include one more from their guild they vote and achieve to kick the lone player off. And this is not going to happen only for twinks as u can imagine. Im just pointing the twink community because of the only pvp purpose. Just don't think it would be fair to be kicked out of most maps because people can do so. And bare in mind that in my scenario the lone player didn't aim to block or anything. Just wants to play. Just a thing to consider.

WoofCookie
11-09-2013, 11:47 AM
I doubt that people would kick every "solo" join. A lot of times my guild is busy and I solo join to make a party. If I play with my guild in a PVE map I make party and we get exclusive rights to play together without worrying about anyone joining. I don't think "Kick" would affect PVE much. In PVP it's we don't have the ability to "reserve" maps which means we need to have a weapon against "Blockers, AFKers, and Double Agents) I'd rather see someone get kicked quickly than have the entire team quit. Some players are just selfish and we need something to combat that.

the switch thingy is more of an inconvenience. basically you go in, out, in, out etc till you find a new map. Would be nice to somehow get rid of this but it's not an actual problem that needs to be dealt with drastically.

Now for the kick option: although i see how it could be useful i also need to point out something. There are people who create twinks and add them to twink guilds. But there are others who have twinks and play in pve guilds. So what would happen with this kick scenario: solo player joins to a game that others are from 1 guild. because others want to include one more from their guild they vote and achieve to kick the lone player off. And this is not going to happen only for twinks as u can imagine. Im just pointing the twink community because of the only pvp purpose. Just don't think it would be fair to be kicked out of most maps because people can do so. And bare in mind that in my scenario the lone player didn't aim to block or anything. Just wants to play. Just a thing to consider.

Grisilda
11-13-2013, 05:38 AM
I agree with the term "weapon". I'm just pointing out that a weapon can be used for all the wrong reasons. In pvp, if a map quickly turns out to be a guild war (quite often case) the solo player WILL be kicked off 99% of the time. (with 1% being he is actually as good as guildies or no guild member has time to join) I really am confident such cases will occur and that is what i don't consider to be fair. But still that's just a personal assumption. One would say its necessary evil. I'm not taking sides here just trying to grasp the whole picture and practices that may happen. :)

Beastkeeper
11-13-2013, 05:57 AM
Why need to kick the flagger?
There is a Deathmatch no flagger just kill all

sent by BEASTKEEPER using Tapatalk

woeh
11-13-2013, 12:28 PM
Seeing this thread should show how much we want guild wars

Kick option is cool, or a lobby we can make with a password,

If the more ungeared players get kick because of geared players want players as geared as them. I say good now those ungeared can find lobby more suitable for them

Beastkeeper
11-14-2013, 12:59 AM
Solution for flagger just kill not kick,if you kick the flagger means you are not pro in pvp
This is a game only no personalize no flagger in pvp no thrill.

PvP means player vs player we have own strategies in pvp free all,what you want?
Sometimes there are noob,ganger,flagger,trashtalker,guild wars, and prideful.

If your problem is flagger,noob and ganger,why you still at pvp?
Just stop now pvp,if your anger always..

sent by BEASTKEEPER using Tapatalk