PDA

View Full Version : elite wraith heart bugged

killwithfire
11-06-2013, 01:55 PM
this is a thread to get this bug fixed already.
upon finishing the second skeleton attack, you are unable to target the wraith heart.

for all those hoping this will get fixed. please post.

wvhills
11-06-2013, 01:57 PM
they already know about this but don't know how to fix it.

baddiva
11-07-2013, 10:04 AM
what the... is it really cannot be fixed?

Sent from my LG-P970 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

matanofx
11-07-2013, 10:14 AM
Well they did fix the casting spells bug where if u just full charge they wont cast, im sure they can fix anything =]

Pedgon
11-07-2013, 10:27 AM
they already know about this but don't know how to fix it.

WHAT?? serious? -.- only archenemies' achievement i need..well..guess i wont get it -.-

wvhills
11-07-2013, 10:35 AM
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?116330-Elite-Wraith-Heart-Bugged-Again

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?114266-Bug-Report-Wraith-Heart

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?115021-wraith-elite-still-bugged

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?117402-Wraith-heart-elite-is-bugged

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?117388-Ashral-Heart-Bugged

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?116661-Wraith-Heart-still-bugged

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?116462-Elite-Astral-Heart-Bugged-Again

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?114541-Bug-report-Ashral-heart

Thrindal
11-07-2013, 01:24 PM
I've posted many times about my frustrations with this bug. First of all it CAN be fixed no software bug is insurmountable. Second I believe STS just has not put much if any effort into fixing this. If they wanted to fix it and devote all resources to it I bet they could fix it in a day, maybe 2.

For whatever reason STS feels they have more important 'fish to fry'. My feeling is that having a major bug that affects game play and user enjoyment should get priority. STS must feel otherwise.

Look at the passive attribute bug, that's been there from day one but no fix. At least that one doesn't affect game play. It just doesn't factor some passive attributes when viewing a character. STS says they are calculated during game play and I have no reason to doubt that at this point.

Come on STS let's get this bug fixed and put to bed.

GoodSyntax
11-07-2013, 02:37 PM
These are my last remaining Archenemy AP's and every time I've tried, they bug out

Carapace
11-07-2013, 03:51 PM
We are aware there is an issue, but currently we don't know the exact cause. The question is not in that we can't or don't know how to fix it, it's in the time involved to fully investigate the issue compared with all the other things that need to get done. Trust me when I say I hate that this is still an issue, but we are a small team and priorities shuffle as needed underneath our feet to do what must be done.

I might get some time to take a peak in the near future, but I can't guarantee anything. Such is the nature of development. :)

Thrindal
11-07-2013, 04:44 PM
We are aware there is an issue, but currently we don't know the exact cause. The question is not in that we can't or don't know how to fix it, it's in the time involved to fully investigate the issue compared with all the other things that need to get done. Trust me when I say I hate that this is still an issue, but we are a small team and priorities shuffle as needed underneath our feet to do what must be done.

I might get some time to take a peak in the near future, but I can't guarantee anything. Such is the nature of development. :)

While I appreciate the response I have to wonder why this seems to garner such little attention. I am a software developer, although not a game developer, and in my experience bugs take all priority and product development is slowed or even put on hold entirely when a bug is found. While we can still play the game this bug is frustrating a lot of players and frustration is not something any software developer wants in there customers as eventually it will lead to a loss of customers.

I realize you need to find new ways to entice folks to use platinum. You need to pay those employees after all but bugs must be addressed. I get a Popsicle headache when I think the Passive calculation oversight (I don't even call it a bug) has never been addressed. Leaving that and other high visibility bugs like Wraith Heart to fester is a very bad habit to get into in software development as eventually it catches up to you and the software becomes unusable. When data is unreliable, Passive calculation, or certain functionality just doesn't work, wraith heart, folks lose trust in the system. When we lose trust we stop telling others about your game and eventually lose interest ourselves. Eventually your game and possibly your company enters a death spin they can't recover from.

I don't know how STS is doing financially, I hope it is doing well. If it is doing well please hire some Quality Assurance or QA folks. There only job is to ensure the quality of the software and advocate for it. If you are not doing as well then I would suggest devoting 1 out of every 3 weeks to bug fixes (major and minor), software, and system stability.

Bugs and "oversights" should never linger for 2 months not to mention a full year. Set aside time to focus on these issues. I fear that if you do not you will slowly lose traction and in the end customers. That never ends well for anyone.

I hope you take my constructive criticisms to heart...

Zeus
11-07-2013, 04:51 PM

Ok, Carapace, then the simple thing would be to remove the achievement point. There are certain players that were able to get it & the others are not able to. For some, it is the determining factor of wether they will be on leaders or not. So, just remove the ap and the points associated with it?

Please?

Thrindal
11-07-2013, 05:08 PM
Ok, Carapace, then the simple thing would be to remove the achievement point. There are certain players that were able to get it & the others are not able to. For some, it is the determining factor of wether they will be on leaders or not. So, just remove the ap and the points associated with it?

Please?

Apollo,

While I understand what your saying you are giving STS an out. The bug will still be there. I think we both enjoy this game a lot, as such we should encourage them to produce the best product possible. Don't let them produce a lower quality product and just hide bugs by making the function less important. High quality software companies address and fix bugs, they don't hide or ignore them and we as customers shouldn't let them off the hook.

Folks need to continue to advocate for a high quality product. That means we need to keep getting on them about Wraith Heart and not let them off the hook because they have other things to do. The same goes for the passive calculations. They simply beat us into submission on that one and we stopped advocating for it to be fixed. We as customers need to continue pressing them to fix these issues and not giving in or giving them an out.

Arcane Legends has the potential for a very bright future. Things happen in software development that is accepted, what shouldn't be accepted is letting those issues go unaddressed.

wvhills
11-07-2013, 09:06 PM
I agree with thrindal. However, (and I'm not trying to flame, I'm simply giving my point of view) it seems like sts game plan is to develop a new game, it then gets a lot of publicity, lots of people play it, they make money off it, then make a new game and their interest (or the amount of attention they give it) dismisses greatly as the new game gains in popularity.

I'm with u tho man, I wish they would correct the bugs that are in existing games but their priorities are always in developing either new titles or ad ons that will generate plat sells. Idk, maybe they have to be like this. Like has been stated already, the bug with heart has been around for two months and the passive bugs have been here for a year. If these things were even on the radar they would have already been fixed. In the mean time we've seen battle dragon and battle command released.

Once again, I'm not trying to troll, I'm just explaining why we see bugs go on for so long. We as players see the titles as long term prospects while sts focuses on short term.

falmear
11-07-2013, 09:14 PM

Wow I am kind of shocked with this response. Its lucky for you car companies don't take this kind of attitude. Gee sorry the brakes on your car don't work. We're too busy designing next years model.

KingMartin
11-08-2013, 07:25 AM
Elite Ashral Heart is significantly less frequently bugged. So, if you can't copy the code from there, perhaps you could replace the Wraith Heart with a new boss and reset the AP?

Perhaps designing a new boss is easier than trying to debug an existing one?

borix
11-08-2013, 08:02 AM
Wow I am kind of shocked with this response. Its lucky for you car companies don't take this kind of attitude. Gee sorry the brakes on your car don't work. We're too busy designing next years model.

This comparison is completely wrong. Off course a car company would put all effort in fixing a problem with breaks. But trust me they will care less if one of the reading lights (or whatever it is called) of one of the passengers sometimes blinks a little bit. Specially if they cannot easily find the cause for it without checking every wire inside the car.

It is not that the whole of AL becomes unplayable for 95% of the players because of this bug. Its annoying for some yes but it is not the 'brake of a car'.

Joncheese
11-08-2013, 08:12 AM

Whilst i have a lot of respect for you guys (STS) and enjoy your game more than any other i have played, i too find this response amazing. What truly baffles me is that you have spent time and effort to create an expansion, yet 1/5th of the maps is unplayable. Surely that has got to drive you all mad? I know it would me.

At work we call it 'Half Job Harry.' Starting something and never finishing it. You should (imo) never move on to the next thing without addressing previous problems, and i tell those i work with this daily. All it leads to are further problems.

No doubt it must be annoying for you guys, but let me assure you that is more annoying from our point of view.

Hope you fix it :)

Haligali
11-08-2013, 08:15 AM

I can upload video later if it helps.

Thrindal
11-08-2013, 10:48 AM
Elite Ashral Heart is significantly less frequently bugged. So, if you can't copy the code from there, perhaps you could replace the Wraith Heart with a new boss and reset the AP?

This is what baffles me even more about this issue. They have a second boss with essentially the same functionality that works yet they can't figure out the problem.

Again lets not let them off the hook by being satisfied if they change the achievement. That fixes nothing and encourages back door solutions that don't really address the problem.

And thanks to all for keeping this conversation civil and constructive. I think it is much more effective that way.

octavos
11-08-2013, 10:50 AM
yup

Interesting, so when can we reserve our names for the next installment of the legends series.

Saribeau
11-08-2013, 11:54 AM
Apollo,

While I understand what your saying you are giving STS an out. The bug will still be there. I think we both enjoy this game a lot, as such we should encourage them to produce the best product possible. Don't let them produce a lower quality product and just hide bugs by making the function less important. High quality software companies address and fix bugs, they don't hide or ignore them and we as customers shouldn't let them off the hook.

Folks need to continue to advocate for a high quality product. That means we need to keep getting on them about Wraith Heart and not let them off the hook because they have other things to do. The same goes for the passive calculations. They simply beat us into submission on that one and we stopped advocating for it to be fixed. We as customers need to continue pressing them to fix these issues and not giving in or giving them an out.

Arcane Legends has the potential for a very bright future. Things happen in software development that is accepted, what shouldn't be accepted is letting those issues go unaddressed.

like cara said.....they have a small team. is that correct? thats what i read. so they are trying to put out a new update. have you considered that that is a priority for them right now? i think that this update will be pretty cool. i agree with apollo in that until they fix it AND IM SURE THEY WILL, they need to make it 0 ap and then when they fix it they need to put the points back. basically im saying PATIENCE.

Zeus
11-08-2013, 12:04 PM
Honestly, I'm surprised people are not complaining about the platinum spent on a glitched boss...

It's a critical issue. Thrindal is right. Please fix it or remove the boss from the game.

Also, if the staff that procs 75% damage reduction for 8 seconds could be fixed as well, that'd be appreciated. It's kinda humorous what an arcane staff hits when that staff procs.

Mizsty
11-08-2013, 12:12 PM

Wow. This is an absolutely unacceptable response. I have enjoyed playing AL quite a bit and have made sure to support the development with plat purchases but this bug has irked me quite a bit and this response will make me think harder the next time I decide to support STS.

Saribeau
11-08-2013, 12:14 PM
i see both points of view but i still say patience

Emmacheese
11-08-2013, 12:15 PM
Gosh I don't know why you are all complaining they have had more important bugs to fix! like the numbers on the Halloween banner! :p

Osabevie
11-08-2013, 12:27 PM
Gosh I don't know why you are all complaining they have had more important bugs to fix! like the numbers on the Halloween banner! :p

In my opinion that's not a bug it looked so much better with it :) but back to topic this bug needs to be fixed its the only ap for enemies I dont have but I dont even want to try. Why? cos its bugged. Like others said just remove the ap points till its fixed.

Deadroth
11-08-2013, 12:28 PM
In my opinion that's not a bug it looked so much better with it :) but back to topic this bug needs to be fixed its the only ap for enemies I dont have but I dont even want to try. Why? cos its bugged. Like others said just remove the ap points till its fixed.

They made h-b better looking without those numbers. Agree with Emmy :)

Saribeau
11-08-2013, 12:40 PM

my thoughts exactly. NEW UPDATE COMING

Emmacheese
11-08-2013, 12:41 PM

I was being sarcastic ....

Milan Lame Man
11-08-2013, 12:42 PM
(In response to Carapace)

Wow. This is an absolutely unacceptable response.
Really, if they fixed each and every bug ASAP, Nordr would still be in development. Would you be happy then?

ruizerwin
11-08-2013, 12:46 PM
same here...

Also keep trying after every update and same.. look like sts doesnt want to fix..

Saribeau
11-08-2013, 12:57 PM
*sigh* i give up...

Carapace
11-08-2013, 01:00 PM
We believe we have fixed the Elite Wraith Heart issue, this will be going out with the update next week. Thank you for your patience guys.

Ihavenokills
11-08-2013, 01:05 PM
lol the power of the people. ^

Zeus
11-08-2013, 01:08 PM
We believe we have fixed the Elite Wraith Heart issue, this will be going out with the update next week. Thank you for your patience guys.

Thank you!

Also, has the 70-90% damage reduction for mythic staff also been fixed? It basically grants immortality for 8 seconds which is extremely ridiculous.

Samhayne
11-08-2013, 01:11 PM
Thank you!

Also, has the 70-90% damage reduction for mythic staff also been fixed? It basically grants immortality for 8 seconds which is extremely ridiculous.

Yes, that has been fixed internally and is queued up for our next update.

Zeus
11-08-2013, 01:18 PM
Yes, that has been fixed internally and is queued up for our next update.

Thank you!

These bug fixes are definitely a start. It was starting to get quite ridiculous.

Thrindal
11-08-2013, 02:09 PM
lol the power of the people. ^

Very true but I'd like to add that it was ' the civil and constructive power of the people '. Nobody went all flame on this and we added perspective. I think that helped.

Thanks sts for giving this some priority. It was at the top of my list, I have other issues I'd like addressed but I will hold off for now. I want to complete Elite Wraith Heart first, yeah....