PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion for anti-scamming

inkredible
11-06-2013, 04:30 PM
I heard that next update, commas will be added to the gold numbers when trading !, great idea
But i would also like to suggest something to help get rid of scammers!

i have seen diff kind of scamming, done to me and to friends..

When someone get so excited trading a good deal.. some people fail to realize that the scammer
changed the item from "armor " to "helm" etc because of the First few words similarities

I suggest maybe.. some how put some indication or image somewhere of what type of item/s are being traded. Whether
it is a helmet, armor, weapon, amulet, ring

Thank you!

Castellann
11-07-2013, 02:06 AM
It is a good idea ink. A slightly higher level of protection.

Caste

Zylx
11-07-2013, 02:12 AM
When i trade, i always double check everything in confirmation to the details. Its all about being aware.

Castellann
11-07-2013, 02:21 AM
When i trade, i always double check everything in confirmation to the details. Its all about being aware.

Not everyone does it. U can lose sight of that some day too.

Caste

Emmacheese
11-07-2013, 03:42 AM
I like this idea! Last week I was trading a myth helm and actually put in armor! (Blonde moment but it happens) luckily for me it was someone I knew and he said "em look again I want a helm not armor" touches like this in the game will make it more secure +1 Ink :subdued:

Haligali
11-07-2013, 06:10 AM
Lol Emma, dont scam yourself.

inkredible
11-07-2013, 07:42 AM
I like this idea! Last week I was trading a myth helm and actually put in armor! (Blonde moment but it happens) luckily for me it was someone I knew and he said "em look again I want a helm not armor" touches like this in the game will make it more secure +1 Ink :subdued:

Lol I guess not only stops the scammer but prevents you from makin mistake also

Rare
11-07-2013, 11:13 AM

Well congrats. That doesn't mean sts shouldn't improve their ui.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk now Free ('http://tapatalk.com/m?id=10')

Joncheese
11-07-2013, 12:56 PM
Good idea ink, and if it means I won't have to worry about Em it will be a bonus :D

Osabevie
11-07-2013, 01:10 PM
Is it just me have some formers suddenly posted loads of threads with ways to stop scammers :). Hopefully STS will start doing more than they do already cos scammers seem fearless

Oedid
11-07-2013, 04:50 PM
Perfect! An idea instead of just a complaint! Kudo's! +1

Zylx
11-07-2013, 05:01 PM
Not everyone does it. U can lose sight of that some day too.

Caste

Well the confirmation screen is there for that exact reason, it's only your fault if you dont use it. Generally, if someone is stupid enough not to take their time and double check the transaction in the confirmation screen, then they are stupid enough to get scammed. Im not saying this idea shouldnt be implemented (I personally think it should), i'm saying people should be more cautious of their trading interactions, instead of blindly rushing through it.

inkredible
11-08-2013, 08:13 AM
Well the confirmation screen is there for that exact reason, it's only your fault if you dont use it. Generally, if someone is stupid enough not to take their time and double check the transaction in the confirmation screen, then they are stupid enough to get scammed. Im not saying this idea shouldnt be implemented (I personally think it should), i'm saying people should be more cautious of their trading interactions, instead of blindly rushing through it.

yeah but some people just get overly excited and just confirm n confirm, it doesnt hurt anyone for this implementation
and ofcourse scamming doesnt occur without someone stupidity, but implementing this would not hurt anyone and it helps
everyone to know what theyre trading.. and also some noobs are not always aware of the full name of gears.. there are kids here too..
PEOPLE should be smarter, but also people make mistakes

chitgoks
11-08-2013, 10:07 AM
well, the commas do help. that will definitely remove one common complaint

inkredible
11-08-2013, 05:39 PM
well, the commas do help. that will definitely remove one common complaint

this will help - images or somethin, small icon when trading

valheeru
11-08-2013, 08:54 PM
imho the icons and item name and gold number font sizes should be increased, adding commas is a must, another thing is colour coding on addition of zeros ex 1000 to 9999 will be red, 10k to 99k yellow etc etc

valheeru
11-08-2013, 08:55 PM
that will remove the removing one zero scam

chitgoks
11-09-2013, 12:36 AM
if they dont want to increase font sizes they could underline every 3 digits in groups

inkredible
11-09-2013, 08:48 AM
if they dont want to increase font sizes they could underline every 3 digits in groups

I think fonts fine , commas enough,, but small icon images would be nice