PDA

View Full Version : Report issue.

Excuses
11-06-2013, 08:44 PM
This is my story.

I almost got scammed by a random player a few days ago.
I asked an mage item for 800k. He said he would buy it, so we went into trade room.
We both put the item and 800k, so I confirmed, at the moment, he sent PM, asking 'Is that for mage?'.
So I typed 'Yes', then came back(When I type PM, keyboard covers screen, so I couldn't see anything while I was typing) to confirm.
After first confirm, I checked his gold again but he had only 80k. Obviously he changed the price while I was typing, and he was a pro-scammer because all process was so smooth.
So I asked him the price is different, then he left the trade room, and left the town.

Here is my point.
After he left, all I could do was typing '/report his name'
But in the way, all i can do was just a report, no explain about what he did or anything even he was so pro.

So please make another better way to report scammers in the game. I know we can't stamp scammers out of the game, and players are primarily responsible for trade, however, we need better system for report, especially for scams.

Thank you.

Zylx
11-07-2013, 02:22 AM
Report all scams to STS thru their support email, instead of posting on forums. The best way to avoid being a victim is to double check everything in confirmation. Luckily u did so, cuz 800k and 80k is a big gap.

Soundlesskill
11-07-2013, 06:50 AM
I did, all they said was it's my own fault.

But I don't think STS realizes you can open 2 trade windows and only accept 1..

Happened to me too Mstj

Excuses
11-07-2013, 10:28 AM
Zylx, sorry but that's not my point.

Of course u can send email.
But like nasty said all sts say is always 'it's your fault.'
In stead of this, I am asking to have better system to report and punishment (?) for scammers.
It seems like they don't do anything even if they know what happened.

Oedid
11-07-2013, 04:44 PM
While I appreciate the concerns left behind. There isn't much that we can do outside of heeding STS's warnings. In truth, failing to be vigilant in a trade is inevitably our fault when we know there are countless dishonest people.

This flipside to any method of "punishment" is people who abuse reporting. Imagine someone doesn't like you for some reason (ANY reason) If people want to cause undue grief people could just make things up and people could get banned for all the wrong reasons.

There's a fine line to tread. As Judge jury and executioner.they can only monitor activity to a point. Unfortunately, I have no idea how this could be resolved. Admins and Dev's need to be careful with reports, and as a result are loose with this. It may not be perfect. I'm sure MANY fall through the cracks. But instead of just saying that we need a new system, let's maybe be a bit more constructive and help devise a better system through various ideas, methods and practices.

I was thinking that maybe they tally a log of complaints, listing the type of complaint and the source. Helping to better identify what went wrong, and look for patterns. (Assuming they don't already have this method implemented)

maybe I'm talking out of my own arse. I know STS acknowleges a problem. That's why they preach to all players to be very careful with strangers and trades. Follow the rules. Be careful.

Mstj, you did the absolute best thing any Dev or Admin could ask for. You are the perfect example of what they preach. I also commend you for being careful. All too many get caught up in the heat of an awesome trade, and can often overlook small details which can amount to a big hole in your coffers.

Cheers.

Excuses
11-07-2013, 09:15 PM
While I appreciate the concerns left behind. There isn't much that we can do outside of heeding STS's warnings. In truth, failing to be vigilant in a trade is inevitably our fault when we know there are countless dishonest people.

This flipside to any method of "punishment" is people who abuse reporting. Imagine someone doesn't like you for some reason (ANY reason) If people want to cause undue grief people could just make things up and people could get banned for all the wrong reasons.

There's a fine line to tread. As Judge jury and executioner.they can only monitor activity to a point. Unfortunately, I have no idea how this could be resolved. Admins and Dev's need to be careful with reports, and as a result are loose with this. It may not be perfect. I'm sure MANY fall through the cracks. But instead of just saying that we need a new system, let's maybe be a bit more constructive and help devise a better system through various ideas, methods and practices.

I was thinking that maybe they tally a log of complaints, listing the type of complaint and the source. Helping to better identify what went wrong, and look for patterns. (Assuming they don't already have this method implemented)

maybe I'm talking out of my own arse. I know STS acknowleges a problem. That's why they preach to all players to be very careful with strangers and trades. Follow the rules. Be careful.

Mstj, you did the absolute best thing any Dev or Admin could ask for. You are the perfect example of what they preach. I also commend you for being careful. All too many get caught up in the heat of an awesome trade, and can often overlook small details which can amount to a big hole in your coffers.

Cheers.

I Understand that it is hard to figure if it is real or not.
But what I asked was a better system to report WHEN they already left the town and actual reaction from it. (I know you can send emails, but some new people would not know and the scammer will find another victim.)

I mean, I have a friend that has a screen shot of conversation with scammer, and sent it to Support.
But he is still playing. Changed his name(confirmed exact same kdr of both pvp and a few different pve kill), and still playing somewhere. Nothing happened.

Only thing I heard someone got ban was always when people move their items from their own (different) accounts. Not really scammers.

This is weird.

I am sure STS has tried something... but sure what exactly tho.