PDA

View Full Version : Helping players transfer items between their accounts?

PatsoeGamer
11-07-2013, 01:29 PM
Today a newly added guild member PM'd me in game after 10 minutes asking if I would help them by accepting an item they would give me - so that they could switch to another account and I would give them the item back to them on their other account.

They had caught me when i just happened to be logging off - but then I was thinking about it most of the day. And figured I'd post it up on here.

Is this kind of action against TOS?

Phoenixking
11-07-2013, 01:35 PM
If it's against TOS to have multiple accounts then yeah, giving people your items to give it to another account isn't. It's like lending kinda, you run the risk of losing the item of you give it to them. You won't get in trouble though

Suentous PO
11-07-2013, 02:04 PM
It's legal, I do it all the time for people. It is however risky and you are taking a chance on another person.
Having multiple acc is ok also.

programmed
11-07-2013, 02:26 PM
Yes, like they said, its allowed. I do it all the time for friends. :)

Teldax
11-07-2013, 03:48 PM
You can also use your stash to self transfer items. Just stash it, get you other char, and unstash it. I've done this countless times.

Sent from my HUAWEI H881C using Tapatalk

LEVEL ONE
11-07-2013, 03:55 PM
You can also use your stash to self transfer items. Just stash it, get you other char, and unstash it. I've done this countless times.

Right?! I can't believe how stupid those other people are...*

*sarcasm

Firstly, "account" is not the same thing as "character". He's talking about transferring items from account to account and it that case, the stash is not much of a help.

Zeus
11-07-2013, 09:02 PM
I try not to do it unless it is someone I really trust because as far as I know, I might be helping them run away with someone else's stuff. (unless it's a small amount).

Cheenivie
11-07-2013, 09:57 PM
I try not to do it unless it is someone I really trust because as far as I know, I might be helping them run away with someone else's stuff. (unless it's a small amount).

What do you consider a small amount? ESB?

Zeus
11-07-2013, 10:15 PM
What do you consider a small amount? ESB?

Basically not their entire bank. It depends on the player.

MightyMicah
11-07-2013, 11:40 PM
Right?! I can't believe how stupid those other people are...*

*sarcasm

Firstly, "account" is not the same thing as "character". He's talking about transferring items from account to account and it that case, the stash is not much of a help.

Let's just diss the new guy with 10 posts who did his best to help out -.-

bglir
11-07-2013, 11:49 PM
Is it against tos to have multiple acc?

LEVEL ONE
11-07-2013, 11:58 PM
Let's just diss the new guy with 10 posts who did his best to help out -.-

Diss? I love that guy with 10 posts, otherwise I wouldn't bother explaining to him that chararcter is not same as account.

LEVEL ONE
11-07-2013, 11:58 PM
Is it against tos to have multiple acc?

Nope. That rule applies only to the forums, not the game.

NECROREAPER
11-08-2013, 12:07 AM
Swimming star and I did that before, I helped him move stuff between his accounts. What him and I did was take pictures of what was sent and received both ways during the trade operation, plus it helped me keep track of what to give back to him. Needless to say, everything went well and he got everything he gave to me.

Multibird
11-08-2013, 12:28 PM
You can pm me multibird in game to help transfer anything. I'm very trustworthy :D

Atila the nun
11-08-2013, 02:55 PM
I remember doing this in other mmo games, it's pretty easy to do if you're willing to spend some money to ensure you can safely transfer. Should work on pl also as long as is not against tos! ;)
On the character with the item, you post it in cs for more than the high price, the hours is enough. Then you switch accounts and purchase your item back. If you need the cash on the second character, just put some trash item in cs for the same amount of money and purchase it with the first account.
Sure you lose a little in cs fees, and you can't do this with discontinued or gold cap items but it is safe.

Reveals
11-08-2013, 08:42 PM
It against the ToS. U would get your self scammed

Suentous PO
11-08-2013, 09:14 PM
It against the ToS. U would get your self scammed

While it may be possible to get scammed, it is not against tos to transfer items.
What do you see that might make you believe that?