PDA

View Full Version : Three Suggestions to Make Christmas Unforgettable

MightyMicah
11-07-2013, 04:51 PM
As Halloween has come to a close, I'd like to reflect on a few things as well as make some suggestions for the upcoming Christmas event. I have specifically entitled this thread "Three Suggestions to Make Christmas Unforgettable" because I believe that if my suggestions are followed through, there will be substantially less complaining this year, and much more rejoicing. I believe these suggestions will make those of us who participate in the Christmas event this year look back at it afterwards with fond memory.

Before I present my suggestions however, I'd like to make some reflections about the recent Halloween event. I have heard a vast number of opinions from a large amount of people who I've talked with. While all of the opinions differed and some felt more strongly than others, I believe it is fairly safe to boil down everyone's opinions down to two conclusions.

The first conclusion is that the plat packs should have been released! I realize many people get upset by the luck based ideas in the plat packs. However, these people need to realize that what they do with their plat/money is their business. Lots of people love the packs. Just because a select few don't, doesn't mean STG should remove them altogether. The biggest reason they should have released them is because people like to have something to take with them from a special event. In fact, that's the only reason I (and money others) participated in Halloween at all. We were hoping for some cool, unique vanity. We ended up with a different colored demon helm and the same candy bags from the previous years. That brings me to my next conclusion.

The second conclusion is that not everything should be reused! STG, I believe I speak for most everyone when I say that we don't care if every single thing is brand new. We just want to see some creativity. One thing I was very excited to see this year was the release of the new bone armors. Granted, they aren't my favorite, but hey, I like it! New stats, which means new variability in builds, as well some added diversity in the looks of characters goes a long way. And all you did was reuse some bone armor and change the stats. What I'm trying to say is that you don't have to break your back going all out. You just gotta be a little creative and give us something that's worth getting. (Or, shoot, just get on the forums and see all the creative suggestions others in the player base have offered)

I'd like to briefly add a third conclusion that I came to, myself. That is that it is really very nice to have an event that does not demand our platinum. I got a bunch of free stuff and fun. I almost felt like I should have had to give you guys something.

Ok, so what does this have to do with the upcoming Christmas event and my suggestions? Well, assuming we don't want to repeat the mistakes made at Halloween, I believe my suggestions will help out both conclusions a ton (And even the third conclusion I added.)

To start off, give us plat packs! If people dislike the luck, then remove the luck, not the packs. Make the packs with the unique vanities cost more plat. Do something like that, but don't remove the vanities altogether! They don't have to be brand new and crazy amazing, but at least release them. I'm sure there are a lot of people who have been waiting around for the plat packs all year and to not get them would honestly blow. There goes the Christmas spirit right? Hope shattered...

Ok this next idea is my favorite. At Halloween we saw new armor, but lost the weapons. I believe that was a mistake. Keep the weapons this year for Christmas, but give us lootable, holiday vanity armor instead! Hold up. Remember what I said about it not having to be crazy or amazing? It really doesn't. I have three different vanity armor suggestions which are ALL reused, but I believe would be fantastic as a lootable vanity. Bear in mind that we already have vanity versions of the level 50 and 55 sets. Why not add various other vanities?

Red and green for Christmas, right? Behold "Darkwood vanity armor":
http://i1133.photobucket.com/albums/m587/MightyMicah/d87f4af1beafee0ac3751f99e3060d33.jpg

And how about "Rudolph's Sweater"?:
http://i1133.photobucket.com/albums/m587/MightyMicah/19750aee48e712595ee3aa1881030964.jpg

Finally, what ever happened to festive festival leather? STG, do you remember what you did with the candy bags? They used to be an actual shield, but you converted them to vanity. Do the same here. Boom! Brand new freakin' awesome Christmas vanity!:
http://i1133.photobucket.com/albums/m587/MightyMicah/f3d0e803b15308d723afaf704786a5c8.jpg

Remember, people want to take something with them from special holiday events. These three vanities as well as a chance to loot more Christmas weapons would definitely do it for me. I don't know about you guys...

What is my third suggestion? I want to address this one a little bit less light-heatedly. STG, if you are not going to listen to either of my other two suggestions, I beg you, please listen to this one. I don't say this out of selfishness, either. I say this out of care for you guys as well as our community. Please, please, please, do not make this year's event be pay per run. That literally destroys the whole spirit of Christmas. I know you need money, I really do. But I'm not asking for us not to pay. (Refer to my plat pack idea as well) I certainly wouldn't mind a one-time payment of something like 10 plat. However, making it pay per run is just horrible. It's like every time I want to have fun, I'm reminded it's going to cost me. If I do pay for a few runs, I feel cheated. It almost leaves a sour feeling in my stomach, to be honest. So again, I say this out of care, don't upset everyone by trying to make money. Make it easily accessible for everyone with and without money for platinum.

In conclusion, I believe that these three ideas will make this Christmas amazing. The big thing people like is limitless holiday fun mixed with a few take aways to be used throughout the year. Certainly people will complain as they always do, but the majority of us will be very pleased. I can almost guarantee that.

Thanks for taking to time to check out this thread! Let me know what you think of my ideas! Do you disagree? Agree? Have more suggestions? Post in the comments...

Peace out
-MM

DocDoBig
11-07-2013, 04:58 PM
You got the creativity stuff MM, gj!

Xyzther
11-07-2013, 05:08 PM
How to make Christmas unforgettable: Make new cap plskthx

Schnitzel
11-07-2013, 05:12 PM
As Halloween has come to a close, I'd like to reflect on a few things as well as make some suggestions for the upcoming Christmas event. I have specifically entitled this thread "Three Suggestions to Make Christmas Unforgettable" because I believe that if my suggestions are followed through, there will be substantially less complaining this year, and much more rejoicing. I believe these suggestions will make those of us who participate in the Christmas event this year look back at it afterwards with fond memory.

Before I present my suggestions however, I'd like to make some reflections about the recent Halloween event. I have heard a vast number of opinions from a large amount of people who I've talked with. While all of the opinions differed and some felt more strongly than others, I believe it is fairly safe to boil down everyone's opinions down to two conclusions.

The first conclusion is that the plat packs should have been released! I realize many people get upset by the luck based ideas in the plat packs. However, these people need to realize that what they do with their plat/money is their business. Lots of people love the packs. Just because a select few don't, doesn't mean STG should remove them altogether. The biggest reason they should have released them is because people like to have something to take with them from a special event. In fact, that's the only reason I (and money others) participated in Halloween at all. We were hoping for some cool, unique vanity. We ended up with a different colored demon helm and the same candy bags from the previous years. That brings me to my next conclusion.

The second conclusion is that not everything should be reused! STG, I believe I speak for most everyone when I say that we don't care if every single thing is brand new. We just want to see some creativity. One thing I was very excited to see this year was the release of the new bone armors. Granted, they aren't my favorite, but hey, I like it! New stats, which means new variability in builds, as well some added diversity in the looks of characters goes a long way. And all you did was reuse some bone armor and change the stats. What I'm trying to say is that you don't have to break your back going all out. You just gotta be a little creative and give us something that's worth getting. (Or, shoot, just get on the forums and see all the creative suggestions others in the player base have offered)

I'd like to briefly add a third conclusion that I came to, myself. That is that it is really very nice to have an event that does not demand our platinum. I got a bunch of free stuff and fun. I almost felt like I should have had to give you guys something.

Ok, so what does this have to do with the upcoming Christmas event and my suggestions? Well, assuming we don't want to repeat the mistakes made at Halloween, I believe my suggestions will help out both conclusions a ton (And even the third conclusion I added.)

To start off, give us plat packs! If people dislike the luck, then remove the luck, not the packs. Make the packs with the unique vanities cost more plat. Do something like that, but don't remove the vanities altogether! They don't have to be brand new and crazy amazing, but at least release them. I'm sure there are a lot of people who have been waiting around for the plat packs all year and to not get them would honestly blow. There goes the Christmas spirit right? Hope shattered...

Ok this next idea is my favorite. At Halloween we saw new armor, but lost the weapons. I believe that was a mistake. Keep the weapons this year for Christmas, but give us lootable, holiday vanity armor instead! Hold up. Remember what I said about it not having to be crazy or amazing? It really doesn't. I have three different vanity armor suggestions which are ALL reused, but I believe would be fantastic as a lootable vanity. Bear in mind that we already have vanity versions of the level 50 and 55 sets. Why not add various other vanities?

Red and green for Christmas, right? Behold "Darkwood vanity armor":
http://i1133.photobucket.com/albums/m587/MightyMicah/d87f4af1beafee0ac3751f99e3060d33.jpg

And how about "Rudolph's Sweater"?:
http://i1133.photobucket.com/albums/m587/MightyMicah/19750aee48e712595ee3aa1881030964.jpg

Finally, what ever happened to festive festival leather? STG, do you remember what you did with the candy bags? They used to be an actual shield, but you converted them to vanity. Do the same here. Boom! Brand new freakin' awesome Christmas vanity!:
http://i1133.photobucket.com/albums/m587/MightyMicah/f3d0e803b15308d723afaf704786a5c8.jpg

Remember, people want to take something with them from special holiday events. These three vanities as well as a chance to loot more Christmas weapons would definitely do it for me. I don't know about you guys...

What is my third suggestion? I want to address this one a little bit less light-heatedly. STG, if you are not going to listen to either of my other two suggestions, I beg you, please listen to this one. I don't say this out of selfishness, either. I say this out of care for you guys as well as our community. Please, please, please, do not make this year's event be pay per run. That literally destroys the whole spirit of Christmas. I know you need money, I really do. But I'm not asking for us not to pay. (Refer to my plat pack idea as well) I certainly wouldn't mind a one-time payment of something like 10 plat. However, making it pay per run is just horrible. It's like every time I want to have fun, I'm reminded it's going to cost me. If I do pay for a few runs, I feel cheated. It almost leaves a sour feeling in my stomach, to be honest. So again, I say this out of care, don't upset everyone by trying to make money. Make it easily accessible for everyone with and without money for platinum.

In conclusion, I believe that these three ideas will make this Christmas amazing. The big thing people like is limitless holiday fun mixed with a few take aways to be used throughout the year. Certainly people will complain as they always do, but the majority of us will be very pleased. I can almost guarantee that.

Thanks for taking to time to check out this thread! Let me know what you think of my ideas! Do you disagree? Agree? Have more suggestions? Post in the comments...

Peace out
-MM

Fixed that bold part.
I think you can see why..

Those are some good ideas, Mightymicah

miistic
11-07-2013, 05:16 PM

yusyusyusyus

LEVEL ONE
11-07-2013, 05:16 PM
Fixed that bold part.

I'm so thankful that you had to quote the whole OP for that one sentence...

What happened to our expectations? Are they so low now, that we beg the devs to re-name (not even recolor) some items and make them vanities, seriously?

Schnitzel
11-07-2013, 07:25 PM
Fixed that bold part.

I'm so thankful that you had to quote the whole OP for that one sentence...

What happened to our expectations? Are they so low now, that we beg the devs to re-name (not even recolor) some items and make them vanities, seriously?

Better than nothing

Suentous PO
11-07-2013, 07:26 PM
Another one..

Make the new xmass map one that we can host!!!!!!!
It's so frustrating to have rushers join maps and screw people without a speed elixir of a drop!
That would also end the situation where a high lev joins a lower levs map and suddenly the little guy has to leach.

Argyros
11-07-2013, 07:38 PM
Another one..

Make the new xmass map one that we can host!!!!!!!
It's so frustrating to have rushers join maps and screw people without a speed elixir of a drop!
That would also end the situation where a high lev joins a lower levs map and suddenly the little guy has to leach.

I agree with this, and everything Micah said. Many players would love pl even more if at least one of these things are implemented.

Hook
11-07-2013, 07:44 PM
Great ideas micah.

Very creative. Matches the Christmas spirit.
Those as dungeon drops would be awesome.
What I would add to my own taste is also have the first ever tradeable pets. The christmas dragon pack should be lootable dragons.

I think there should also be a balloon pack (red..green..white) for sale, that day on daily deal.

As for quest rewards, The snowflake wings and christmas tree hat are always nice. So i dnt have to whine about those.
:)

All that plus plat packs, would make it great.

And @Level One, its not like they are going to exceed further expectations so yes, we might as well get lower to theirs and help them be a bit more creative, with ideas, etc, even if we are limited to renaming/color changing/ stat changing.

Sheugokin
11-07-2013, 08:00 PM
Great ideas micah.

What I would add to my own taste is also have the first ever tradeable pets. The christmas dragon pack should be lootable dragons.

I think there should also be a balloon pack (red..green..white) for sale, that day on daily deal.

As for quest rewards, The snowflake wings and christmas tree hat are always nice. So i dnt have to whine about those.

And @Level One, its not like they are going to exceed further expectations so yes, we might as well get lower to theirs and help them be a bit more creative, with ideas, etc, even if we are limited to renaming/color changing/ stat changing.

Love those ideas. I always wanted a X-Mas dragon. This year will be the first year that I will be taking the Christmas event seriously. Hopes STG does not let me down like my first serious Halloween. :)

Caiahar
11-07-2013, 08:26 PM
Great ideas micah.

Love those ideas. I always wanted a X-Mas dragon. This year will be the first year that I will be taking the Christmas event seriously. Hopes STG does not let me down like my first serious Halloween. :)
Same, last year at halloween I didn't really think of it much, I didnt buy packs, I just farmed a bit. At winter fest I didnt buy packs either (I regret it..I want snowman hat..) only farmed..
I was looking forward to halloween packs..but zilch...I hope winter fest is better.

Pvpandctf
11-07-2013, 08:33 PM
Good one.

MightyMicah
11-07-2013, 08:45 PM

How ungrateful. The point of my post was to make a small request to a busy company who's main focus right now is not PL. Maybe we have simply become spoiled due to all of the great things we have received in the past? I don't know any other mmo that's received as much attention as this one. Not in the mobile industry anyways.

Caiahar
11-07-2013, 08:54 PM

How ungrateful. The point of my post was to make a small request to a busy company who's main focus right now is not PL. Maybe we have simply become spoiled due to all of the great things we have received in the past? I don't know any other mmo that's received as much attention as this one. Not in the mobile industry anyways.
DL? SL? They're pretty dead too.
And I also love the ideas you made. But I have little hope that devs will actually do it. My only hope is that they like Christmas spirit a lot and do many things at winterfest .-.

MightyMicah
11-07-2013, 08:58 PM
And I also love the ideas you made. But I have little hope that devs will actually do it. My only hope is that they like Christmas spirit a lot and do many things at winterfest .-.

Don't ever lose hope! I'm sure the devs could do this small request. It's little more than releasing an already existing campaign, and changing a few outfits to vanity. :)

Caiahar
11-07-2013, 09:19 PM

Don't ever lose hope! I'm sure the devs could do this small request. It's little more than releasing an already existing campaign, and changing a few outfits to vanity. :)
I was hoping for a cool halloween plat helm that I could use on my rhino. I wanted a pirate hat or pumpkin heeeeeaaadddd D:
I so wanted to buy my first halloween pack. I hope I can do it at winterfest.
I dont want something lame, like recolered Artisan gear, but something good. I would be even happy if they re released plat pack items from last year, since I never bought an event plat pack before.

Argyros
11-07-2013, 09:28 PM

Sl and Dl are far from dead, they may not get tons of updates, but there is still a large population of players there. I'm slowly capping chars in sl and dl, and it's not hard for me to find a full team. Dl pvp is rly active aswell.

Oldcoot
11-07-2013, 09:56 PM
I haven't lost hope, but I'm not getting my hopes up either.
What ever happens let's try to be thankful for what we have

LEVEL ONE
11-07-2013, 11:52 PM
Know any other mmo that's received as much attention as this one. Not in the mobile industry anyways.

That's a joke, right? You do realize that for the last 12 months (almost) everything PL got were overpriced vanities. PL will die one day and it looks like the devs are just trying to make its death quicker and get the most money out of it while they still can.

Burningdex
11-08-2013, 06:08 AM
Hey micah luv the ideas but i think it was like last year i think it was flip or G said tht pl is reaching its max number of items which obviously means they will be re used :)

@Level1 this game was one of the best mmo on mibiles it was patched weekly and the content was genuinely. Amazing but i think tht all changed after roughly the release of AL pl was just shut down completely and any new contwnt is appreaciated from many of us so if u cant be grateful kindly leave this thread or take it out in pms

Also dont. Say im a new "noob" i have been playing a lot longer than my forum join date :)

Roberto077
11-08-2013, 06:35 AM
That's a joke, right? You do realize that for the last 12 months (almost) everything PL got were overpriced vanities. PL will die one day and it looks like the devs are just trying to make its death quicker and get the most money out of it while they still can.

Recent attention is not the same as all time attention.

MightyMicah
11-08-2013, 06:41 AM

It's not a joke, you didn't address my statement at all, and you can't back up yours. It's interesting how the plat prices for the costumes were even cheaper this year at Halloween than last year...It's also interesting how the free plat deals give huge amounts of free plat.

LEVEL ONE
11-08-2013, 10:10 AM
It's not a joke, you didn't address my statement at all, and you can't back up yours. It's interesting how the plat prices for the costumes were even cheaper this year at Halloween than last year...It's also interesting how the free plat deals give huge amounts of free plat.

Address your statement? Your statement was: "don't know any other mmo that's received as much attention as this one. Not in the mobile industry anyways." I doubt you played any other (mobile) MMORPG for a longer period of time, because if you would, then you would not make such statements, I can't give you dates and facts right now, on when the last big content was released in other games, but I will, if you want me to do that. (FYI, you didn't back up your statement either...?)

Another one of your genious statements was that we became spoiled... Should I even comment on this? It's the developers job to get us spoiled, thats their way of getting money from us. The fact is that we were spoiled, and if devs still wanted to keep this game alive, they would be doing their best to keep us spoiled. However, they're not even trying anymore.

How is the price of costumes even an indication of how much devs still care about the game? Please explain that to me. It is just a different approach at monetization, focusing more on selling as many cheap units to a large group of people, rather than selling pricey units to just a handful of people. Anyway... About plat purchases... Did you not notice the frequent 40% off platinum offers? Do you think that they do that because they love the PLayers and because they care about the game? (rhetorical question, of course). Instead of creating more content and getting us to spend more platinum on that, they picked another way. No content at all (meaning also no work for them) and give us cheap platinum. That's pretty smart of them. The cheap platinum offers are a clear indication that devs have abandoned PL, maybe for good. People in other MMORPGs rage and quit when the newly released content is bad, and we are supposed to admire the devs when they rename an item...? I'm not even gonna mention how tolerant we are. The devs say that there is no new content coming and we just what, give them more time?

The community is way too awesome, but unfortunately way too attached to PL. Devs are maybe using this out (this maybe is getting stronger with each month...).

About my previous post and expectations. The basic rule of negotiation is demanding more. I admit that I'd be pleased if they used those suggestions, however we should not be begging devs for such kind of content.

You people must accept the fact that people are not purchasing a lot of platinum anymore and the developers will be forced to shut the game down, once plat purchases won't cover for the server cost anymore. And this day is getting closer and closer...

water
11-08-2013, 10:27 AM
We can only hope.

Argyros
11-08-2013, 10:46 AM
We can only hope.

True dat.

Multibird
11-08-2013, 12:25 PM
Sts why make more games? When you can't help/support others?

MightyMicah
11-08-2013, 01:38 PM
Sts why make more games? When you can't help/support others?

You just answered your own question, unfortunately.

MightyMicah
11-08-2013, 01:53 PM
Level One: I believe you are slightly misinformed. I also believe you misunderstood the viewpoint I was coming from. Allow me to further clarify.

Pocket Legends has gotten more attention than other mobile mmorpg's. I've played Order & Chaos, I've played Celtic Heroes, I've played Dungeon hunter 2, 3, and 4, I've played Avabel, I've played Seven Swords, and various others. (Too many to count.) In my experience PL has received more attention than any of those games. It is true that in the last year PL has received less attention, but that, as I already mentioned in my other post, is because AL is current priority as it rightly should be. When you look at the big picture, however, PL has received the most attention. (Granted, it's been around longer than a few of the said mmorpg's)

My next point was that STG is not just trying to milk as much platinum as possible before scrapping the game. They have mentioned several times that they really care about all their games and that they wish they could show these games the attention they deserve. However, they are business, and a small one at that. They've got to give their attention to what will earn them money. My point about Halloween was to show that they obviously aren't trying to milk platinum or they wouldn't have reduced prices and increased the amount of free plat. You mentioned that they have had multiple platinum sales. In my experience over the last three years, they have consistently had platinum sales. The last year has not experienced any increase in those.

Another thing you mentioned is that it's the dev's job to spoil us. That's quite frankly pathetic and ungrateful. It's the devs job to create an amazing fun game which they have done. It's your job to play or quit based on whether you like it or not. To wine about not getting amazing content every few months is absurd. Since you seem to be under the impression that other mmo's get more attention, why don't you go play those instead?

Lastly, PL, DL, SL, and AL all run on the same server. Ever wondered why when one game crashes, they all do? Or why you can't log into both games at once?

LEVEL ONE
11-08-2013, 02:57 PM
Level One: I believe you are slightly misinformed. I also believe you misunderstood the viewpoint I was coming from. Allow me to further clarify.

Pocket Legends has gotten more attention than other mobile mmorpg's. I've played Order & Chaos, I've played Celtic Heroes, I've played Dungeon hunter 2, 3, and 4, I've played Avabel, I've played Seven Swords, and various others. (Too many to count.) In my experience PL has received more attention than any of those games. It is true that in the last year PL has received less attention, but that, as I already mentioned in my other post, is because AL is current priority as it rightly should be. When you look at the big picture, however, PL has received the most attention. (Granted, it's been around longer than a few of the said mmorpg's)

Um, again how can you back up this statement? Its not about how much attention a game got in the past, when determining whether or not a game is nearly "dead". Anyway, O&C has a lot of content updates and more important, they are constant. Celtic heroes is getting the most massive overhaul a game has ever gotten in history of mobile MMOs, Avabel is being patched on a daily basis and gets lots of love from the devs in terms of content, too. Cant say about 7 swords, havent played it in a long time. Dungeon hunter? Thats not even an MMO...

My next point was that STG is not just trying to milk as much platinum as possible before scrapping the game. They have mentioned several times that they really care about all their games and that they wish they could show these games the attention they deserve. However, they are business, and a small one at that. They've got to give their attention to what will earn them money. My point about Halloween was to show that they obviously aren't trying to milk platinum or they wouldn't have reduced prices and increased the amount of free plat. You mentioned that they have had multiple platinum sales. In my experience over the last three years, they have consistently had platinum sales. The last year has not experienced any increase in those.

Hey, Im not blaming them for being smart at making profit. I blame the players themselves that they (we) arent getting new content. They have said several times, that they love us indeed, but actions speak more than words. And I just cant get over the fact at how they promised us that PL wont be affected by other STS games, and that they would hire more staff for that purpose... I keep wondering how many people are working on PL...

Another thing you mentioned is that it's the dev's job to spoil us. That's quite frankly pathetic and ungrateful. It's the devs job to create an amazing fun game which they have done. It's your job to play or quit based on whether you like it or not.

Thats just wordplay...

To wine about not getting amazing content every few months is absurd. Since you seem to be under the impression that other mmo's get more attention, why don't you go play those instead?

Nobody is asking for new content every few months... But how about twice/once per year? I dont play PL anymore (used to since may 2010, with longer or shorter absences). I just come to chat with my friends from time to time.

Lastly, PL, DL, SL, and AL all run on the same server. Ever wondered why when one game crashes, they all do? Or why you can't log into both games at once?
Did not know that (I always use different accounts), thanks for the info though.

Caiahar
11-08-2013, 06:27 PM
I think I should see LVL1s and MMs argument as a friendly one... :P

ANYWAYS......I don't think I got spoiled from PL :P
But I do know many AL players are a bit spoiled from all the attention. Don't believe?
Go check the announcement thread for 36/31 (can't remember which)cap for AL. People were literally spamming comments that the cap was supposed to be released in an hour, and it's not. Sheesh, it made me sick. I mean, these guys can't wait, if something is delayed 1 hour or even half hour, they go crazy (not saying all AL players) , whereas us, have been waiting for a loooooonnng time for it.. I think most of us got a bit crazy when the wait for cap went to 6 months, but the AL players get crazy if they wait an hour T_T

I DONT WANNA GET IN THE ARGUMENT.

All for one, and one for all.

WhoIsThis
11-08-2013, 06:41 PM

Let's hope so.

The biggest issue I have right now is that they seem to be stretched thin - lots of games, limited resources. It's inevitable that some games don't get the priority that they need to continue.

Which reminds me, that I need to make a thread for ideas and recommendations on new content. (Going to add that to the mini-threads to be made list.

Thrall Wire
11-08-2013, 09:30 PM
i doubt sts will listen, better off play more AL
n the sts people prob believ that u hav to pay to enjoy christmas

XghostzX
11-08-2013, 11:13 PM
Nice, Micah. This is a great way to keep that PL christmas spirit up, I know the community appreciates it.

Hopefully this will be taken into account!

IGN Storm
11-08-2013, 11:51 PM
I don't have time but your thread looks long and has pics so I'll thank it

LADYHADASSA
11-09-2013, 12:03 AM
Good idea MM! Making sure vanity's are able to be used by all levels, again the use of the same maps each year I understand pl is in a different platform but new Christmas vanity heads would be amazing frosty has been a hit for a couple of years. Vanitys are a way to look unique without question. To be able to give a gift to aplayer would be amazing as well I would spend plat to give Christmas cheer.

Good suggestions mighty :) the Mr and Mrs Smith love the ideas

MightyMicah
11-09-2013, 12:36 AM
Level One: You're not reading what I'm writing and you keep misunderstanding my point. Hear me out please, and save your boxing gloves for another time. I had a few simple points.

1. Pocket Legends has received tons of development. In my opinion, more than almost all other mobile mmo's.
2. Pocket Legends is not the main priority. STG is very small and needs money so of course they're going to invest in what reaps good profit
3. Pocket Legends is not being milked for cash. Nor does it have a crazy lack of attention. Scan back over 2013's announcements. Case and point.
4. We are indeed ungrateful. The fact that you're arguing so hard against me is proof enough.

If you're not satisfied with STG, take your discontentment elsewhere. Complaining never solved anything. That's why I made this thread. I don't see your Christmas suggestion thread anywhere.

MightyMicah
11-09-2013, 12:37 AM
Thanks for the appreciation guys! I'm glad to see my ideas are well received :)

LEVEL ONE
11-09-2013, 02:24 AM
Level One: You're not reading what I'm writing and you keep misunderstanding my point. Hear me out please, and save your boxing gloves for another time. I had a few simple points.

1. Pocket Legends has received tons of development. In my opinion, more than almost all other mobile mmo's.
2. Pocket Legends is not the main priority. STG is very small and needs money so of course they're going to invest in what reaps good profit
3. Pocket Legends is not being milked for cash. Nor does it have a crazy lack of attention. Scan back over 2013's announcements. Case and point.
4. We are indeed ungrateful. The fact that you're arguing so hard against me is proof enough.

If you're not satisfied with STG, take your discontentment elsewhere. Complaining never solved anything. That's why I made this thread. I don't see your Christmas suggestion thread anywhere.

1. Please stop claiming this, without any proof whatsoever and go scroll trough some news/updates in some other games. If you're uncapable of doing this, I'll do it for you, just say it.
2. That's a fact. I can't disagree with a fact. All I'm saying is that they promised us, that PL won't be affected by other games, at least not, as it is now.
3. Case and point? I stated several reasons why and in what way we are being milked for cash. Saying "case and point" doesn't make it a "case and point".
4. I'm not arguing. We are just exchanging information and opinions, at least that's what I think.

This is not some kind of a contest... Why would I have to make my own Christmas suggestion thread in order to make my arguments believable? Again, I appreciate the effort you put into this thread and I'd appreciate it if devs would make your version of Christmas, however... We should not be begging them to do their job.

On the contrary, I think complaining is the only way of getting new content and we are not complaining enough.

MightyMicah
11-09-2013, 02:44 AM
1. Please stop claiming this, without any proof whatsoever and go scroll trough some news/updates in some other games. If you're uncapable of doing this, I'll do it for you, just say it.
2. That's a fact. I can't disagree with a fact. All I'm saying is that they promised us, that PL won't be affected by other games, at least not, as it is now.
3. Case and point? I stated several reasons why and in what way we are being milked for cash. Saying "case and point" doesn't make it a "case and point".
4. I'm not arguing. We are just exchanging information and opinions, at least that's what I think.

This is not some kind of a contest... Why would I have to make my own Christmas suggestion thread in order to make my arguments believable? Again, I appreciate the effort you put into this thread and I'd appreciate it if devs would make your version of Christmas, however... We should not be begging them to do their job.

On the contrary, I think complaining is the only way of getting new content and we are not complaining enough.

http://i1133.photobucket.com/albums/m587/MightyMicah/B76C60EF-766F-4D54-BFA2-1BC849A66CBE-17639-0000127CCA2414A9.jpg

billybob1
11-09-2013, 02:44 AM
If they dont have time to design or come up with nu design ideas for pl...y dont they make design contests n use those ideas? Seems like a pretty simple idea

WhoIsThis
11-09-2013, 03:23 AM
@Level One

I don't see how the amount of press coverage that PL has gotten has anything to do with this thread relative to Order and Chaos. The purpose of the thread is to discuss what changes should be made for Christmas.

That said, you do have a point that PL is currently in "cash cow" phase. A major re-balance is needed and if the game is to attract the old player base and new ones, it will need new content. If you have ideas though I recommend that you make a thread on them.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

LEVEL ONE
11-09-2013, 03:41 AM
@Level One

I don't see how the amount of press coverage that PL has gotten has anything to do with this thread relative to Order and Chaos. The purpose of the thread is to discuss what changes should be made for Christmas.

Press coverage? I didn't mean press coverage when saying the word "news". I meant the news about content and such, sorry for not being clearer on this.

We went quite off-topic, sorry for that.

I did have an idea about a new cap (story, item design etc.), I even had some illustrations done, but I figured that it was a waste of time, since devs don't even bother checking the idea/suggestions forum.

Ssneakykills
11-09-2013, 04:09 AM
If stg don't reply to this or show signs they have well... What will they listen to? Pl deserves a bit of loving and great work btw

Let's HOPE this Christmas event will be than ever!

Caiahar
11-09-2013, 09:23 AM
WHY CANT WE ALL JUST STOP ARGUING?!?
This thread was meant for suggestions for the upcoming Winter Fest, so we don't have to see what happened at Halloween again, not an argument about PL "reputation" or "cash cow" or "milking before death" MEH.

Seriously, just stay on topic..

bglir
11-09-2013, 09:45 AM
Really hope that this upcoming Winter Fest won't turn into 2nd Halloween for this year, the community are scare enough after the recent Halloween.

MightyMicah
11-09-2013, 01:36 PM
Really hope that this upcoming Winter Fest won't turn into 2nd Halloween for this year, the community are scare enough after the recent Halloween.

What specifically are you referring to?

WhoIsThis
11-09-2013, 05:32 PM
WHY CANT WE ALL JUST STOP ARGUING?!?
This thread was meant for suggestions for the upcoming Winter Fest, so we don't have to see what happened at Halloween again, not an argument about PL "reputation" or "cash cow" or "milking before death" MEH.

Seriously, just stay on topic..

Unfortunately, the fact that PL has not received much in the way of new content is at the heart of the topic.

It's the reason why this conversation was started in the first place.

PL Juan
11-09-2013, 08:16 PM
Great Ideas Micah!

WhoIsThis
11-10-2013, 09:31 PM
Micah, I think at this point, we should change our strategy and ask for more modest threads. I for example have created a quick and simple thread for my suggestions.

MightyMicah
11-11-2013, 08:58 AM
Micah, I think at this point, we should change our strategy and ask for more modest threads. I for example have created a quick and simple thread for my suggestions.

Ok so by modest do you mean less critical? Or shorter? Or perhaps both?

Kingzila
11-12-2013, 12:43 AM

That would only make people happy for a few months then the same problem would happen again.

ThePvpTwink
11-12-2013, 01:08 AM
Wasnt the 2010 Xmas a 20 plat unlimited access thing? Not too sure on that, but I think it's way better than pay 2 plat per run.

I'm hoping this Xmas event will be good as well, since the snowman level and toyman level have already been reused in the past.

Kingzila
11-12-2013, 01:26 AM

Thread owners post^
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pl didn't get packs not because people didn't want to pay plat for them but because STG is busy with al. ( do I think this is right to just put pl on the back burner due to al?) no it's bs don't get me wrong and I wish they did make them but making the plat packs I can see would poked the bear which is the cap nuts who only play pl to cap. Which leads me to say its not just sts anymore it's the community that should start getting the blame.

Why is pl not getting caps? Because no matter how many times sts caps pl people are crying about it 4 months later for a new one. not to even mention all the prepping it takes to make a new caps including new areas new boss's/new enemy's and new content. Why is pl on the back burner with plat packs or new content? Because al & STG's new games need attention so pl being that its capped to 76 can now sit and wait for them to get al and there other games to points that they want to sit them at.

(Do I hate this to?) oh hell yes I do but it's just facts people' you can't work on five games at once. It's not only insane it's to demanding on the artist and creators who make content on pl/al/DL & SL. On top of this all why would they update anything els to begin with? They just did a pvp nerf and people are still not happy with pvp or items for pvp even after the fixes they did people now want it to go back to the way it was. How rude is that? No wonder stg dropped pl on it's butt to wait when they get that after hard work.

I'm done though because no matter how many times I say this kind of stuff people will just whine for a new cap or why they didn't get anything in a new thread.

Goodnight pl forums

MightyMicah
11-12-2013, 08:25 AM
Kingzilia: I definitely feel your frustration, but I believe your post is misguided and a little off topic. Last year (before AL even released) the devs delayed releasing the packs because they didn't like the complaints they had recieves the year before about the luck involved. However, because enough people requested them, they decided to release them after all. This year, significantly less people voiced their opinions (which is probably a good thing) and the devs didn't even bring it up. Could this be due in part to AL? I wouldn't rule it out.

Also, there is a difference between complaints, and constructive criticism. I believe even the devs themselves have stated that they like constructive criticism, but not complaints. When stuff gets changed for the worse, of course people will begin complaining. Even when stuff gets changed for the better, people will complain. However, complainers never get their way unless there are massive numbers of them and money is on the line. Generally, it is the constructive criticizers who are listened to. (If anyone is)

Argyros
11-12-2013, 12:37 PM
Kingzilia: I definitely feel your frustration, but I believe your post is misguided and a little off topic. Last year (before AL even released) the devs delayed releasing the packs because they didn't like the complaints they had recieves the year before about the luck involved. However, because enough people requested them, they decided to release them after all. This year, significantly less people voiced their opinions (which is probably a good thing) and the devs didn't even bring it up. Could this be due in part to AL? I wouldn't rule it out.

Also, there is a difference between complaints, and constructive criticism. I believe even the devs themselves have stated that they like constructive criticism, but not complaints. When stuff gets changed for the worse, of course people will begin complaining. Even when stuff gets changed for the better, people will complain. However, complainers never get their way unless there are massive numbers of them and money is on the line. Generally, it is the constructive criticizers who are listened to. (If anyone is)

You both have good points.

It is the communities fault for plat packs, and many other things sts redid. Remember the Volcanut? That was my favorite freakin helm, I tryed my hardest to get it in the short amount of time given. I never got it.

The community has some influence over the devs decisions. The community can also help devs out? People whine for a level cap, but they never offer any suggestions/information on what that cap should be. There are a few suggestions, but they are not reasonable. Atlantis? Heck, sts doesnt have to fo dat.

Constructive Critism is important. Devs need it. Whining/complaining, never ends well.

Sent from my YP-G70 using Tapatalk 2

LEVEL ONE
11-12-2013, 12:51 PM
You both have good points.

It is the communities fault for plat packs, and many other things sts redid. Remember the Volcanut? That was my favorite freakin helm, I tryed my hardest to get it in the short amount of time given. I never got it.

The community has some influence over the devs decisions. The community can also help devs out? People whine for a level cap, but they never offer any suggestions/information on what that cap should be. There are a few suggestions, but they are not reasonable. Atlantis? Heck, sts doesnt have to fo dat.

Constructive Critism is important. Devs need it. Whining/complaining, never ends well.

Constructive criticism? Definitely.

Doing the developers job? Definitely - if I get paid.

Argyros
11-12-2013, 01:03 PM
Constructive criticism? Definitely.

Doing the developers job? Definitely - if I get paid.

Typing lines of Programming text? Pay me sure.

Typing thoughtful and suggestive feedback, and inspirational docs? That should be a freebie.

Kingzila
11-12-2013, 01:25 PM

How was I off topic (or wrong) if you JUST STATED in your last paragraph that I was right lol? And yes there is a diffrence between whiners and people stating a point. On top of this I just played BC & BD and both are pay to play so this plat and sitting is not to surprising anymore to me if stg is doing that now.

Kingzila
11-12-2013, 01:31 PM
What I think should happen is a new thread of (art - to be content) should be made so players and users can submit and or suggest content for the game like we use to when we had art contests for a new item or weapon art.

Fusionstrike
11-12-2013, 01:48 PM

While I don't think there's anything wrong with offering suggestions, your statement implies that the main barrier to PL getting new content is the lack of constructive suggestions provided by the community. Firstly, I think the community has provided quite a lot of meaningful feedback and suggestions and has demonstrated a clear interest in seeing PL continue to be developed. But more importantly, it's clearly not the lack of ideas but the lack of resources that has held PL back this last year. Multiple PL reps have just flat said it straight out that they have decided not to allocate manpower to work on PL. I don't see how encouraging players to post suggestions will have any effect on the basic truth that there's simply nobody assigned to work on new PL content.

About whining/complaining, it's true in some sense that it's not productive. However, if everyone just silently accepted the current state even when dissatisfied, then the PL staff would get no indication that there's even any more interest from the community. Eventually they'd notice the play hours diminish as people simply gave up and left, but that's a lagging indicator from which it's hard to recover if some focus returns to the game. Once too many people leave, it's extremely hard to rebuild a player base. People coming right out and saying they're disappointed at least gives STS a chance to revise their strategy if they so choose. That doesn't mean that people should just wantonly slag the staff, but pointed discussions are appropriate and warranted from a company's customer base.

I think one of the undercurrents driving the complaints is the rapidity with which PL went down. There is a general expectation that MMOs last for a pretty long time just because most of them historically have. That is, those that have had success with a decent player base are usually around for 5+ years at a minimum. PL ran off the cliff development-wise at the end of 2012 (the last major content update) which is just under 3 years. The fact that the dev staff was just suddenly gone without warning from such a still-young MMO really caught the community by surprise, magnifying the discontent due to the implicit assumption that, well, PL was too young to die. To contemplate that it could be over so quickly really shocked the community.

Chopper
11-12-2013, 01:52 PM
While I don't think there's anything wrong with offering suggestions, your statement implies that the main barrier to PL getting new content is the lack of constructive suggestions provided by the community. Firstly, I think the community has provided quite a lot of meaningful feedback and suggestions and has demonstrated a clear interest in seeing PL continue to be developed. But more importantly, it's clearly not the lack of ideas but the lack of resources that has held PL back this last year. Multiple PL reps have just flat said it straight out that they have decided not to allocate manpower to work on PL. I don't see how encouraging players to post suggestions will have any effect on the basic truth that there's simply nobody assigned to work on new PL content.

About whining/complaining, it's true in some sense that it's not productive. However, if everyone just silently accepted the current state even when dissatisfied, then the PL staff would get no indication that there's even any more interest from the community. Eventually they'd notice the play hours diminish as people simply gave up and left, but that's a lagging indicator from which it's hard to recover if some focus returns to the game. Once too many people leave, it's extremely hard to rebuild a player base. People coming right out and saying they're disappointed at least gives STS a chance to revise their strategy if they so choose. That doesn't mean that people should just wantonly slag the staff, but pointed discussions are appropriate and warranted from a company's customer base.

I think one of the undercurrents driving the complaints is the rapidity with which PL went down. There is a general expectation that MMOs last for a pretty long time just because most of them historically have. That is, those that have had success with a decent player base are usually around for 5+ years at a minimum. PL ran off the cliff development-wise at the end of 2012 (the last major content update) which is just under 3 years. The fact that the dev staff was just suddenly gone without warning from such a still-young MMO really caught the community by surprise, magnifying the discontent due to the implicit assumption that, well, PL was too young to die. To contemplate that it could be over so quickly really shocked the community.

This is well put. Its surprising and shocking that the devs have pretty much abandoned the game in such an abrupt fashion.

MightyMicah
11-12-2013, 02:00 PM
This is well put. Its surprising and shocking that the devs have pretty much abandoned the game in such an abrupt fashion.

Hmm not really if you think about it. They transitioned from payed campaigns to a straight up free mmo. Then they began looking to make money elsewhere which ultimately became elixirs and expensive vanity. Elixirs began to diminish the player base because there was no incentive to get good; no challenge left, aside from pvp. Once they added end game cap rewards (CoP was the first) people began to feel cheated and couldn't compete at end game even in pvp. All of this madness caused tons and tons of oldies to quit the game as well as discouraging new players to replace them by staying. One thing lead to another and it seemed like PL just got one bad update after another. You can't abuse a game like PL got abused and expect it to shine.

So the devs need money and what do they do? They start putting forth effort on a brand new start. Maybe this time they'll start out better and finish better since they've learned from their last mistakes. Right? Wrong. Star Legends didn't catch on, nor did Dark Legends. With the release of AL, however, STS got their chance to finally do things right. And they did. But that leaves PL in the dust. There is no incentive to fix it because it's not making them a lot of money and because it's so messed up. Even if they knew how to fix it perfectly, it would require a massive change that would cause so many people to be upset, it wouldn't even be worth the time, effort, and money that it would take to fix it.

Argyros
11-12-2013, 09:33 PM

First off, I was never trying to imply that there is a lack of constructive suggestions. Simply that if your here to complain for a level cap, stop doing nothing. I know many people have, and many who haven't. Now this is what I believe- You cannot build a house by simply telling the materials to arise and form together. You must build the house yourself. In this case, building the house is doing whatever possible to improve the player base, the condition of the community, and the balance of the game. THESE are the areas where we should be giving constructive suggestions.

You may be right about the "current number of devs" situations. Im not in Texas at their office so I couldnt tell you.

Your getting there. Constructive critism is the opposite of complaining. We must be orderly, and think it through before ever considering a change in game. Wasting a developers time is never good.

You may also be correct about the player base. The only facts I can give is that there are 81k forumer accs, and 1mil+ Pl downloads in Android alone. In game is still very active... There are still good people out there.

I hope you understand me.

WhoIsThis
11-12-2013, 10:34 PM
Ok so by modest do you mean less critical? Or shorter? Or perhaps both?

Probably both at this point. I hated to admit it myself, but the shorter it is, the more probable that it will get done.

At the risk of sounding a bit elitist, I think that among anybody in the PL forum here, I feel that I have earned (and I particularly stress the word earned) the most right to say that I agree with this statement. We are not suffering from a lack of good ideas. We are suffering from a lack of developer resources allocated to this game.

Back in 2011, that's exactly what I tried to prevent:
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?44958-The-future-of-PL-long-term-recommendations-my-most-important-post-for-this-year

At the risk of looking at the past with rose-tinted glasses, the community of 2011, for all it's flaws was a lot better than it is today. That and I would argue PL was a better game. Balance wise, the game would be a better place today if they had never released a level over 66 nor the Angel sets.

Conclusions

Today, STS is making quite a bit on platinum. However, many players have voiced their dissatisfaction. This is good in the short run, but bad in the long run.

We could see a larger group of disillusioned players leave at some point. The new caps have offered little creativity and an increase in difficulty that many perceive are nothing more than a ploy to get more plat. Players do not feel that they are getting their money's worth, while the older players look at the "good old days" more so than ever before. I think that a ton of goodwill has been destroyed since Nuri has come out.

Failing to act will lead to the long term decline in reputation and perhaps revenue of PL. It has happened before to other MMOs.

Furthermore, if a success is made, then we could see other benefits. Players will be much more willing for example to recommend PL to their friends and STS will continue to enjoy a good reputation among gamers. Today in the PC world, many big companies like EA and Activision are disliked for "milking" customers through DLC, restrictive DRM, and other questionable business practices. STS so far has enjoyed a relatively good, but now declining reputation.

I will end this on an optimistic note. I think that STS has built a solid foundation so far, and I hope that these suggestions are considered and many implemented for a enjoyable game in the future.

I look back and I consider my quote here to be very prescient. My suggestions were not followed. Here we are today.

You know it's funny. People have always talked about making a "WoW-killer". I don't believe that STS ever tried said that their game would be a WoW-killer, but a lot of developers fail to understand what WoW did right. They cultivated a good long term community. That's something that many developers don't understand. They also don't understand how quality of content, perceived fairness of revenue generation, fundamental game decisions, and making a balanced game a fundamentally critical for the long term viability of the game. Equally as important, they did not aggressively monetize the game.

As a former WoW player myself, when WoW players say they quit, they don't say they "quit". They say they retire, the way you retire a career. That's because many of the players of WoW have put as much as 10 years of time and emotional investment into the game. That's longer than most people hold jobs these days. Hence, they retire. That's the result of all of the investment that they've put in the game. That's the result of WoW's accomplishments, whatever it's other flaws. They made content worth playing for 10 years.

WoW is only dying now because well, Blizzard has become increasingly customer-hostile, and because it looks like the PC market itself is in decline.

WhoIsThis
11-12-2013, 10:48 PM
First off, I was never trying to imply that there is a lack of constructive suggestions. Simply that if your here to complain for a level cap, stop doing nothing. I know many people have, and many who haven't. Now this is what I believe- You cannot build a house by simply telling the materials to arise and form together. You must build the house yourself. In this case, building the house is doing whatever possible to improve the player base, the condition of the community, and the balance of the game. THESE are the areas where we should be giving constructive suggestions.

Yes, but constructive suggestions mean nothing if they are not acted upon.

You may be right about the "current number of devs" situations. Im not in Texas at their office so I couldnt tell you.

There's no "may be" about it. I for one am certain he's right. A development studio does not sit around and do nothing. This is an issue of allocation of resources.

You may also be correct about the player base. The only facts I can give is that there are 81k forumer accs, and 1mil+ Pl downloads in Android alone. In game is still very active... There are still good people out there.

It's not about how many downloads there were in the past. It's about many players are playing the game right now. And more critically, how much money this game is making. Even more critically, it's about the growth potential in the future. There may be good people, but what Fusion is saying is, there would be even more "good people" if there was a relatively consistent amount of new content every few months or so. And many of the good people of the past would still be here, with more content available.

Argyros
11-13-2013, 07:50 AM
Yes, but constructive suggestions mean nothing if they are not acted upon.

There's no "may be" about it. I for one am certain he's right. A development studio does not sit around and do nothing. This is an issue of allocation of resources.

It's not about how many downloads there were in the past. It's about many players are playing the game right now. And more critically, how much money this game is making. Even more critically, it's about the growth potential in the future. There may be good people, but what Fusion is saying is, there would be even more "good people" if there was a relatively consistent amount of new content every few months or so. And many of the good people of the past would still be here, with more content available.

Exactly. I know that half the time I dont fully get my point across... But this really does sum it up.

Fusionstrike
11-13-2013, 05:10 PM
...a lot of developers fail to understand what WoW did right. They cultivated a good long term community.

You made a lot of good points. I pulled out the one that I think is the most important and at the heart of everything. It's important to recognize that building an MMO is, above all else, creating a community. That is, fostering an environment where players feel invested in what they do and find a satisfaction in building something. Not everyone builds the same thing, but all build something: achievements, friendships, teams to revel in shared successes, collections of hard-won items, unusual strategies and tactics, etc. And all of this takes place with an audience of other players. Nobody would bother if it were just a single player game because there'd be no one to share it with. (Or rather, those who play such games, e.g Final Fantasy, do so for different reasons.)

In the end, it doesn't really matter as much that the graphics are the latest or the game is "new". What keeps players engaged is a healthy community, which is fed by regular attention and support by the dev team. As long as that is there, the game is alive and therefore the community is too. When that stops, the community inevitably fades away because the motivation for players to "build something" is gone.

I don't think STS gets this at all with their strategy of releasing a slew of games that are just a variation on the same theme. They pursue this strategy as if they're making Madden games, where the players demand a new release every year, rather than an MMO, where the most valuable attribute is continuity. It baffles me that they seem not to understand the most fundamental underpinning of their own business. They got there first in mobile MMO, and did a fantastic job making a game that created a large fanbase. Unfortunately for all of us, they didn't understand that rolling out game after game is not the right long-term strategy. MMO players generally don't want to keep moving on to new games, starting over each time like a hamster on a wheel. The amount of competition in the mobile MMO space will only continue to grow, relegating STS to just another also-ran to other companies that better provide what the players really want. They had the lead and the chance to become the power in mobile MMOs, but they blew it. I really enjoyed what they did with PL. It makes me sad that it will not survive, as STS is clearly not going to change its strategy at this point.

Oldcoot
11-13-2013, 05:19 PM
Well said fus

WhoIsThis
11-13-2013, 10:47 PM
This is what I was planning on addressing in my next long thread. I'll save my reply for there.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk