PDA

View Full Version : Ganging

Enkidas
11-08-2013, 12:23 AM
In light of recent events I think it is necessary to identify what constitutes ganging.
1. If a GROUP deliberately seeks you it is ganging.
2. If multiple people enter your spawn in greater numbers than you, that is ganging.
3. If you are outnumbered overall and the opposing team seeks you out that is ganging.
4. If it is a versus fight and some random joins in, whoever initiated the versus of the team with two people is ganging if they do not leave the fray.

What isn't ganging:
1. If you decide to be like rambo and charge five people.
2. If you run from an even clash and all opposing members persue.
3. If you run into a spawn to avoid attackers after clash that is NOT ganging or spawning.
4. Just because I find it extremely annoying when people say this ill reiterate. Being rambo and suiciding is NOT ganging.
5. If the clash starts even it does not become ganging as people die off in the clash.

If you see anything I missed feel free to share!

Terracio
11-08-2013, 12:32 AM

drgrimmy
11-08-2013, 10:20 AM
I love it when you are hanging out in the corner of tdm with your team, not moving and not attacking, when some rogue comes along solo trying to get a quick kill and then rages about ganging when they end up dying. Just hilarious!

Deadroth
11-08-2013, 11:35 AM
I love it when you are hanging out in the corner of tdm with your team, not moving and not attacking, when some rogue comes along solo trying to get a quick kill and then rages about ganging when they end up dying. Just hilarious!

Agreed! This isn't hilarious.. This is mega hilarious XD

Nesox
11-09-2013, 12:20 AM
Need to add when a battle starts 4v4 and everyone dies, it is not ganging just cause it is suddenly 4v1 for the last man standing.

Enkidas
11-10-2013, 10:34 AM
Thanks will do

gumball3000
11-10-2013, 10:42 AM
ganking

Sceazikua
11-10-2013, 11:09 AM
it is gang, not gank. It means you overwhelm on another player.
I think you should add "(a) random player(s) that run past a 1v1 fight, join in (which makes it 2v1 or more) and kill the player from the other team" . This happens to me a lot in lvl 23 twink pvp, its very annoying when someone comes and kills me while im fighting 1v1.

gumball3000
11-10-2013, 11:24 AM
it is gang, not gank. It means you overwhelm on another player.
I think you should add "(a) random player(s) that run past a 1v1 fight, join in (which makes it 2v1 or more) and kill the player from the other team" . This happens to me a lot in lvl 23 twink pvp, its very annoying when someone comes and kills me while im fighting 1v1.

Check it for yourself if you don't believe me: http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/gank

(transitive, Internet, online gaming, slang) To kill, ambush, or defeat with little effort; used in online games.

Spyce
11-10-2013, 01:18 PM
Basically 2v1, 3v1, 4v1, or a 5v1.

Alfai
11-11-2013, 03:40 AM
Energezic wrote a very accurate description of ganging behavior.check it out its quite old.

Unfortunately not all of us can comprehend the nature of ganging.smtms stupidity can be labelled as ganging either.

My generic interpretation would be a match where you are outnumbered.but again this is very generic.

What ive noticed in pvp atm the mechanism has evolved into a hack and slash.very casual,simple and can be fun.so its just about kills.and ganging provides opportunity to meet this desire.

Sky_is_epicgearz
11-12-2013, 03:52 PM
Basically 2v1, 3v1, 4v1, or a 5v1.
Totally summed it up ;)

Alfai
11-12-2013, 11:21 PM
Unfortunately there is 1 plyer who always claimed being ganged even when hes alone.delusional i guess when his mind is too much into the game.and being rude as well by making statements and labelling others and name calling.

Best solution is to continously kill such player who have no respect among towards othees and like to stir drama in a healthy match.
Reasoning is useless when people become delusional.

In pvp nowadays when you are being killed you will blame every single thing you can think of.when you win you grin like a jackass.what seem wrong to you before suddenly becomes right.its the game unfortunately.

falmear
11-15-2013, 06:06 PM

Alfai
11-15-2013, 07:08 PM

I almost choke on my toast this morning dammit falm!

herculeans
11-15-2013, 11:07 PM
Lolz nice pic

drgrimmy
11-16-2013, 04:52 AM
I know we are not supposed to name names on the forum, but I think lag participates in ganging quite often. I see people complaining about him all the time.