PDA

View Full Version : Highest DPS sword - level 50

Steverd
11-11-2010, 02:02 PM
What is the best one handed sword with the highest DPS?
I have a Zuraz Plasma Sword lvl 50 that I am at 192 DPS
Is there a better one?

My STR is 247
Dex 40
INT: 24

Thanks,
Steverd

Divine-ara
11-11-2010, 02:11 PM
The sword with the most dps at Lvl 50 is either Vibra battle sword of the rift or force cutter of the rift

BrainWreck
11-11-2010, 02:12 PM
yea go with the force cutter. they are cheaper now you can prob find one under 100k

Steverd
11-11-2010, 02:18 PM
The sword with the most dps at Lvl 50 is either Vibra battle sword of the rift or force cutter of the rift

Thanks, The Vibra Battlesword of the Rift, just took my DPS to 204!
Got it for 65,000k!! Seemed like a pretty good deal!!

Thanks,
Steverd

Superzarop
11-11-2010, 04:30 PM
Dps is not everything. If you equip a gurg hammer(highest damage weapon in the game imo), u will actually get less flat dps, but considering he enemies armor, u will do about 4 times the damage of vibra.

Kossi
11-11-2010, 06:00 PM
dps is not anything lol...i have a metallic siletto that gets me to 309 DPS, but it takes me alot longer to kill an alien than with a sunblessed bow

[Lt] Shiny
11-11-2010, 06:08 PM
Thanks, The Vibra Battlesword of the Rift, just took my DPS to 204!
Got it for 65,000k!! Seemed like a pretty good deal!!

Thanks,
Steverd

LOL!!! i think u meant 65k or just 65,000 gold.

Steverd
11-11-2010, 07:40 PM
Shiny Buttom;121006']LOL!!! i think u meant 65k or just 65,000 gold.

Yep!

Steve

Steverd
11-11-2010, 07:43 PM
Dps is not everything. If you equip a gurg hammer(highest damage weapon in the game imo), u will actually get less flat dps, but considering he enemies armor, u will do about 4 times the damage of vibra.

VERY Interesting!
I may be putting too much focus on DPS.
So would you rather have a higher Damage or higher DPS?

Steve

giayuan
11-11-2010, 07:48 PM
higher damage, but with around 125-175 dps
swords are pretty much..erhhhh..suckish? in ao3
ive seen lvl 45s with plasma swords to critical hit!! 5 dmg -___- against a minor boss
but to me, hammers are too slow
i go with the force cutter cuz its proc is break armor (something like that) or vibra just cuz its cheaper

Superzarop
11-12-2010, 08:13 AM
Rofl i i would use a luminous harpoon instead of force cutter. It also lowers armor and it actually does damage on bosses. With a force cutter, unless ur group using a lot of armor breaking abilities, you wont be able to do any dps at all. How are u gonne keep the boss attacking u except for taunt?
Tanking is about protecting your teammates, if u can get the bosses and mobs to attack u, u arent tanking.

[Lt] Shiny
11-12-2010, 10:31 AM
hey all! if any of u guys want to buy a Luminous Harpoon of Destiny (L50 pink), then just pm me in-game or just send a private message. Post ur offers below!

--Thnx

Steverd
11-12-2010, 12:46 PM
Shiny Buttom;121455']hey all! if any of u guys want to buy a Luminous Harpoon of Destiny (L50 pink), then just pm me in-game or just send a private message. Post ur offers below!

Whoa, I have one in the Consignment Shop right now for $4999. Think I'll remove it and try it out.

Steve

FluffNStuff
11-12-2010, 12:51 PM
Rofl i i would use a luminous harpoon instead of force cutter. It also lowers armor and it actually does damage on bosses. With a force cutter, unless ur group using a lot of armor breaking abilities, you wont be able to do any dps at all. How are u gonne keep the boss attacking u except for taunt?
Tanking is about protecting your teammates, if u can get the bosses and mobs to attack u, u arent tanking.

I believe the Force Cutter does break armor. Add to that the break armor the birds should be casting and the nightmare the mages should be casting and you are outputting some serious damage.

KingFu
11-12-2010, 01:01 PM
Vibra has the highest dps base for a weapon, but in the end the force cutters armor debuff may make up for the 8 more dps vibra has.

Steverd
11-12-2010, 01:17 PM
Vibra has the highest dps base for a weapon, but in the end the force cutters armor debuff may make up for the 8 more dps vibra has.

I have a Force Cutter, but where does it say that is has Armor Debuff?
All it says is: Blade shimmering with searing energy.

Steve

Superzarop
11-12-2010, 06:34 PM
Well the harpoon's break armor isnt that bad compared to the cutter. Cutter is completely useless if other people doesnt break the guys armor, and it is very rare that they can coordinate them so well, so this makes mob tanking very difficult. As for bosses, cutters might really be better, but some doubts still remain.

And to.answer the question again, Zruaz Shock Lances are by far the best 1-h weapons, both in terms of damage and tanking(unless u have a scimi for the set).

Steverd
11-12-2010, 07:31 PM
OK, so here's what people have suggested:

Force Cutter of the Rift 74-85 damage 0.5 spd, 11 Str, 8% Crit, 2H/h, 7 armor
Gurgox Hammer of the Rift 190-265 damage 1.6 spd, 11 Str, 8% Crit, 2H/h, 7 armor
Luminous Harpoon of Destiny 110-150 damage 1.2 spd, 8 Str, 3% Dodge, 4% hit, 1H/s, 6 armor
Vibra battle sword of the rift 78-87 damage 0.5 spd, 11 Str, 8% Crit, 2H/h, 7 armor
Zuraz Plasma Sword 64-69 daamge 0.5 spd, 9 Str, 7% dodge, 3 armor
Zuraz Shock Lances 127-159 damage 1.0 spd, 9 Str, 7% dodge, 3 armor

So what are you using in farming in: The Victory Lap?
How do you know if a weapon has an armor break or other stuff?

Steve

Varking
11-13-2010, 11:32 PM
EDIT: All those you listed are 1 handed?

What about this sword?

Sunblessed Scimitar of the Rift
Requirements: Level 50 and 158 STR
103-110 Damage
0.7 Speed
11 Str
8% Crit
2H/S
7 Armor

Raxie
11-13-2010, 11:41 PM
you don't know the procs of a weapon; you have to figure them out for yourself. break armour proc makes enemies have a star underneath them. this means their armour is lowered due to a break armour proc weapon.
just wondering but are you trying to get the best debuff proc weapon or the best damaging weapon? the vibra has a nice debuff proc; i'm not sure about the force cutter, though. it might only break armour.
i actually think dps is a fail stat. many people think that if you have high dps you deal more damage than a lower dps weapon but higher damage. this is not true. it would be true if all the enemies had no armour. for example, if a weapon's stats were 50-70 damage and 0.1 speed it would deal absolutely no damage against most enemies in ao3. this is because the enemies' armour is actually HIGHER than the damage of the weapon. therefore, no matter what the dps is, it will deal 0 damage.
this is why i prefer damage over dps. however, i think the zuraz shock lance is the best. it is one handed, gives 7% dodge and also breaks armour. also, dex increases your damage, thus also raising your dps.
also, the scimitar fails. has no proc(s).

Varking
11-14-2010, 12:01 AM
The scimitar has a skill activated proc called "Soul Leech".

What does it do?

Varking
11-14-2010, 12:08 AM
It takes a bit of health from your targeted opponent, and shoots it back to you.

What would you say then, procs included, would be the best 1 handed weapon for a battle mage?

Superzarop
11-14-2010, 05:05 AM
Why not shock lance?

BeardedBear
11-15-2010, 02:35 PM
No clue why I spent time documenting procs when you people don't read them and continues posting the same articles one after another.

In short; use a harpoon. The break armor stacks x3, while the shock lance proc does not stack.

edit: DPS DOESNT MEAN SH!T people, it doesn't consider the target's armor.

Steverd
11-15-2010, 04:16 PM
In short; use a harpoon. The break armor stacks x3, while the shock lance proc does not stack.

Thanks for the info.
But how do you figure out that a harpoon has the 'break armor' stacks?
Is it documented someplace, or do you just have to figure this out yourself?
Watching for the stars under your enemies when you attack or something?

Thanks,
steve

Varking
11-15-2010, 04:53 PM
No clue why I spent time documenting procs when you people don't read them and continues posting the same articles one after another.

Well two things...

Here is the thread: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?9730-Weapon-proc-index.

1) This isn't within the first five pages on the General Discussion forum so it wasn't like it was an easy find. Would be easier if this was stickied but its not, so not sure why you come across as having an attitude about it.

2) The list isn't complete or anything. As Banned pointed out the Sunblessed Scimitar has a Soul Leech skill activated proc, which was what my question was about, and it isn't on your list.

Steverd
11-15-2010, 09:57 PM
Well two things...

Here is the thread: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?9730-Weapon-proc-index.

1) This isn't within the first five pages on the General Discussion forum so it wasn't like it was an easy find. Would be easier if this was stickied but its not, so not sure why you come across as having an attitude about it.

Yeah, calm down BeardedBear.
I read the forums everyday, and have never seen that post before.
Now saying that. I have bookmarked it!!! Thanks for the work!

Steve

Ony
11-16-2010, 12:00 AM
My 2 cents

I changed my bird to strength to test armor break and stacking here is what I feel the results were.

Harpoon is the top general tool as it delivers the best of all worlds dps/damage/proc... Regardless of team dynamic no strength build should be with out. And it's cheeeep!

Zuraz is perfect when there is no top end damage output in the team. (kinda the solo stick.. In teams I migrate to harpoon)

Force cutter is a like a suicide trip for my bird. The armor breaking stacks create rappid aggro (x4 proc + abilities). What really is impressive is how fast clearing and boss kills become when your teamed up with hammers and bows.. Stupid fast.
For general mobs you shred... For bosses you'll simply improve the rest of the team overal damage output and hold aggro.

IMHO don't leave home without all 3 as all 3 have a time and place.

"Rant on" as harpoons are so common and cheap it makes no sense at all for pallies and bears and any other builds not to use this tool... To many times I see khopeshes, mynas blades and other vendor trash trying to take down the overlord... Seriously 5 harpoons @ -15 ac per proc 15 times = -225ac from the team... Before abilities... He drops like a rock...

Support the poon d00dz!

BeardedBear
11-16-2010, 09:59 AM
Thanks for the info.
But how do you figure out that a harpoon has the 'break armor' stacks?
Is it documented someplace, or do you just have to figure this out yourself?
Watching for the stars under your enemies when you attack or something?

Thanks,
steve

Unfortunately the devs leave that up to us. :)

Well two things...

2) The list isn't complete or anything. As Banned pointed out the Sunblessed Scimitar has a Soul Leech skill activated proc, which was what my question was about, and it isn't on your list.

I mentioned it should be stickied to avoid these questions but don't have the power to do that. My index is only proven stats and facts. People say Soul Leech does move HPs from you target to you, which I'm sure it does, but without any numbers, I won't document it.

The reason I may have seemed aggravated is that people have been posting these kinds of threads for months now. Just do a little searching first.

My 2 cents

I changed my bird to strength to test armor break and stacking here is what I feel the results were.

Harpoon is the top general tool as it delivers the best of all worlds dps/damage/proc... Regardless of team dynamic no strength build should be with out. And it's cheeeep!

Zuraz is perfect when there is no top end damage output in the team. (kinda the solo stick.. In teams I migrate to harpoon)

Force cutter is a like a suicide trip for my bird. The armor breaking stacks create rappid aggro (x4 proc + abilities). What really is impressive is how fast clearing and boss kills become when your teamed up with hammers and bows.. Stupid fast.
For general mobs you shred... For bosses you'll simply improve the rest of the team overal damage output and hold aggro.

IMHO don't leave home without all 3 as all 3 have a time and place.

"Rant on" as harpoons are so common and cheap it makes no sense at all for pallies and bears and any other builds not to use this tool... To many times I see khopeshes, mynas blades and other vendor trash trying to take down the overlord... Seriously 5 harpoons @ -15 ac per proc 15 times = -225ac from the team... Before abilities... He drops like a rock...

Support the poon d00dz!

One str bird is capable of doing -140 armor alone, it's pretty awesome.