PDA

View Full Version : Won't play on HTC Legend

Iszoli
11-11-2010, 02:06 PM
I've installed this game(that looks totally awesome), through an APK I found online. After uninstalling alot of games in order for this big game to be there. When it had finally installed and I wanted to play I launched it and got this message: The program Legends (proces sts.pl) has stopped unexcepted, try again. And underneath I can only click one thing: Force shutdown. And this keeps happening. I can't find the game in the market either, so I installed it through an APK.
Please help if you're able to :)

Kett
11-11-2010, 03:40 PM
I know of someone who has it on their legend with an up to date system

Iszoli
11-11-2010, 04:12 PM
I know of someone who has it on their legend with an up to date system

Would you please ask him where he got the apk file? I can't find it in the market, maybe he downloaded it from the market and that's why it's working. Any info would be nice. Thanks! :)

Futumsh
11-11-2010, 04:27 PM
We'll be updating the version on the market later today, with the requirements relaxed a little, so you may also be able to find it on the market later tonight or tomorrow (if the requirements are what's causing it to not show up for you).

setec
11-11-2010, 04:29 PM
We'll be updating the version on the market later today, with the requirements relaxed a little, so you may also be able to find it on the market later tonight or tomorrow (if the requirements are what's causing it to not show up for you).

Will you be providing a new .APK file since a lot of android tablets do not have the official market?

Futumsh
11-11-2010, 04:36 PM
No, we are currently only distributing through the Android Market.

setec
11-11-2010, 04:41 PM
No, we are currently only distributing through the Android Market.

I understand that but doesn't that limit who can get this game? A lot of Android tablets come with their own custom store and not the official market. There are phones outside the US that restrict this as well. And yes, there can be ways to root & hack a copy onto your device but a lot of people don't know how to do that. We have to rely on others to get the .APK so that we can side load it.

I know you guys have your reasons so I am not trying to argue or anything.

shadywack
11-11-2010, 05:40 PM
From what I gather, free content in Android Market isn't region limited unless the developer specifically makes it. A guy can specify his residence in Antarctica and get this game through the market if his device has Android Market. As for sideload availability, given that this is a free app...why not?

I agree there. I believe it's best for the developer to promote Android Market whenever possible though. They get automated bug reports back from users through Android Market, not to mention the update functions available through that. It would be nice if Google flat out required all manufacturers to make Android Market available too.

Futumsh
11-11-2010, 05:47 PM
The new version (52023) is up, you may now be able to see it in the market.

setec
11-11-2010, 05:49 PM
From what I gather, free content in Android Market isn't region limited unless the developer specifically makes it. A guy can specify his residence in Antarctica and get this game through the market if his device has Android Market. As for sideload availability, given that this is a free app...why not?

I agree there. I believe it's best for the developer to promote Android Market whenever possible though. They get automated bug reports back from users through Android Market, not to mention the update functions available through that. It would be nice if Google flat out required all manufacturers to make Android Market available too.

And I see from a lot of forums that a lot of non-US devices do not have the market installed and the manufacturer does not provide it at all.

Yeah, if google wants the android market to compete with the Apple Store, then why not allow the Market to be installed on all Android devices? I know some phone carriers want to do their own thing which only causes more problems.

Gosc
11-12-2010, 09:20 AM
Hi i Live in sweden and cant see to find PL on either Android market och appbrain. Any region limitation on it or is it just me?

frostwyrm333
11-13-2010, 02:10 PM
Hi people, i have the exactly same error: (sts.pl) has stopped unexpectedly Please try again. [Force close]
phone : Orange Boston (upgraded to 2.1)
I downloaded it today from market, no idea how to get version number.

Futumsh
11-13-2010, 06:02 PM
You may want to try deleting it and downloading again - seems not all of the components are installed sometimes.

ngwz
11-13-2010, 08:17 PM
Uhm I'm using a HTC Legend myself and the game runs great on it (: hope you get your issues resolved soon.

yuriman
11-14-2010, 09:31 AM
I searched for pocket legends on my HTC legend and i cant find it, but i can on my Samsung Galaxy Tab. I live in Sweden.

yrref
11-14-2010, 12:08 PM
I can't find it in the market on my HTC Legend in holland, and it won't install through an APK.. Please fix.