PDA

View Full Version : Guide to understanding EXP

Anommaly
11-09-2013, 07:32 AM
Ano's Guide to Understanding EXP

Why and wherefore is the purpose?

Hello everyone, this is my first guide that I'll be submitting to this forum. The purpose of this guide is to explain how the exp value of mobs and how to identify the value to better farm for EXP and generally level quicker.

What is EXP and why should I care?

Your EXP, or experience points, are what you get for completing quests and defeating mobs. These points are what adds up in your EXP bar on the left of your HUD under your current level. Once the bar fills, you level up to the next level and gain 5 attribute points (to go towards Dex, Int or Str) and 1 skill point (to go towards your desired skills). With every level you make, you can put on some cool new gear or unlock that skill you've been wanting to unlock for awhile. The exact number of EXP that you have can be viewed on your avatar or inventory pages. But as you may come to find out, leveling up can be hard. At first it's easy, but then the EXP needed to gain the next level starts to get to a staggering amount.

EXP from mobs

http://i.imgur.com/sLE4gFO.png?1
Skull mob from mount fang
Close up on the mob health bar

As you can see in the picture above, the mob, or skull creature, that is selected has a health bar. Next to the health bar is a circle; "So what Ano? What's so special about the color?" you may ask? Well, the color of the circle determines the EXP received by killing the mob. Below is a mob EXP color chart I made.

As you can see by the chart above, the more cooler, or cold the color is, the less EXP you get. Whereas, the hotter the color is, the more EXP you get.

What determines the color?

Generally, all mobs give 1xp, but under certain conditions, that value changes. For example:

Grey - Grey mobs mean you cannot gain EXP from them because you are too high of a level to collect EXP from them
Blue - Blue mobs mean you are above the level range and so will only get half the EXP.
Green - You are closing the campaigns level range, so you are awarded the normal EXP level.
Yellow - You are under, or at the start of the campaigns level range, so you are awarded a little bit more EXP.
Red - The mobs you are fighting are considered to be 'Dangerous and deadly', meaning you are underleveld and these mobs can destroy your face. So, you get the most EXP in this example.

Above, you can see a picture of a campaigns title card (as I call it) You'll notice that under the campaign name there is a recommended level range. You must first understand that typically, these go by 5 level increments with some exceptions. You can receive EXP from any campaign ±3 levels of the recommended level. So in this example; you can receive EXP from Balefort Castle from levels 13-23. Below, in theory, will be a rough EXP breakdown for this campaign.

In theory:
-From level 13-14 you should get red EXP (2x)
-From level 14-15/16 you should get yellow EXP (1.5x)
-From level 16-19 you should get green EXP (1x)
-From level 19- 23 you should get blue EXP (0.5x)
-From Level 23+ you should get no EXP (0x)

The above example, however, does not hold true for every campaign. For example, you can get red EXP from mount fang levels 58-62

Ok Ano, that's cool, but can it be modified more?

From what I know, it can be. However, that can be a double edged sword. See, if a higher level joined a party of lower leveled people in the same campaign and level range, the lower leveled peoples EXP will increase while a higher levels will decrease. It sounds odd I know. I myself, have not been able to prove this however, but say the lower leveled characters are only getting yellow EXP, and the higher, Green EXP. With the higher there, the lower leveled characters may get red EXP and the higher leveled character gets blue EXP

This is why the just passed Halloween map (the one where anyone could join) was such a predominant place to level. It did not take much for all the mobs to become red.

So then, how do elixirs come into the mix?

Elixirs can be a huge profit depending on the color of the mob you are fighting, but also, you could be wasting your elixir too. Without knowing the difference in mob color, you can spend all day collecting on blue EXP when you could have made red EXP with an elixir for huge EXP/kill.

What about quests?

As far as I know, all quests give 1 EXP each

What if I don't want EXP?

In your options menu, go to Menu/Options/SocialOptions/Disable XP gain (kind of an off place to put it right? under the social options)

http://i.imgur.com/5l1m3vA.png?1
http://i.imgur.com/LGBT3Lk.png?1

Did I make an error? Please tell me :)
I hope that you find this guide helpful, it is a very rough guide for sure, but I still hope this will aid you in your quest for greatness

queeniefly
11-09-2013, 07:48 AM
+1 great job! :eagerness:

Anommaly
11-09-2013, 07:53 AM

Thank you :D

LEVEL ONE
11-09-2013, 08:00 AM
Most useless guide ever! At least for me haha

Seriously though, great guide, simple but straight up and it also has pictures :)

I was always wondering what's the absolute highest xp gain you can earn when killing 1 mob (with the best xp elixirs). Anyone knows?

It would also be useful to add to this guide how to disable xp gain.

Anommaly
11-09-2013, 08:05 AM
Most useless guide ever! At least for me haha

Seriously though, great guide, simple but straight up and it also has pictures :)

I was always wondering what's the absolute highest xpgain you can earn when killing 1 mob (with the best xp elixirs). Anyone knows?

I thought it was much higher, I was wrong though, thanks Suentous

It's around 15 or 16
Lil' off there, check...

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?110402-Guide-to-XP-Elixir-Stacking&highlight=Technoemail

Xyzther
11-09-2013, 08:12 AM
I believe instead of green for 1 xp the color is white can anyone back me up?

Argyros
11-09-2013, 08:20 AM
It's great! One mistake, you cannot play balefort castle at l12. You would have to buy an all access xp elixir. I think you meant 13-23 anyhow. ^^

@LEVELONE how is this guide useless to you?

Anommaly
11-09-2013, 08:29 AM
It's great! One mistake, you cannot play balefort castle at l12. You would have to buy an all access xp elixir. I think you meant 13-23 anyhow. ^^

@LEVELONE how is this guide useless to you? thank you, I'll edit it now

LEVEL ONE
11-09-2013, 08:31 AM
@LEVELONE how is this guide useless to you?

Well all my characters have 0 xp, so...

Anommaly
11-09-2013, 08:43 AM
Well all my characters have 0 xp, so...

Because they're all level one, like in your siggy no?

DocDoBig
11-09-2013, 08:47 AM
That's pretty nice, good job!

Anommaly
11-09-2013, 08:59 AM
That's pretty nice, good job!

Thank you :)

LEVEL ONE
11-09-2013, 09:14 AM
Because they're all level one, like in your siggy no?

Exactly.

Skeletonlord
11-09-2013, 09:35 AM
Good job with this, well done! Pictures and illustrations as well, awesome stuff dude!

Anommaly
11-09-2013, 09:40 AM
Good job with this, well done! Pictures and illustrations as well, awesome stuff dude!

Thankyou :)

Suentous PO
11-09-2013, 10:42 AM
I think I can answer this, if it is double xp weekend, you get a x4 elixer, x3 daily combo, and x2 EXP 7days elixir on a red mob, I think (I am not 100%) the max EXP/kill that can be had is 56EXP/kill (math below)

[4(4x Elixir)+3(3x Elixir)=7x2(red mob)=14x2(7day Elixir)=28x2(x2 EXP weekend)=56]

It's around 15 or 16
Lil' off there, check...

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?110402-Guide-to-XP-Elixir-Stacking&highlight=Technoemail

Anommaly
11-09-2013, 10:46 AM
It's about 14
Lil' off there, check...

Thanks for the informative, I wasn't positive that I was right. I'm a grown enough women to admit I was wrong :bee:

Suentous PO
11-09-2013, 10:47 AM
I was a lil off too, I edited my post (:

Pvpandctf
11-09-2013, 10:57 AM
Great job.

Anommaly
11-09-2013, 12:14 PM
Great job.

Thank you :)

Somemager
11-09-2013, 12:22 PM
Nice job was always confusing white with 1xp and green is 0 i believe because at 76 if you join a forest haven game your threat level level is green .

Anommaly
11-09-2013, 12:53 PM
I'm almost certain that grey/white is no EXP

Anommaly
11-09-2013, 12:58 PM
Wait... why was this moved to the Guild section? I'll ask a mod.

Anommaly
11-11-2013, 05:07 PM
No word from the mod I PM'd :/

ThePvpTwink
11-12-2013, 01:22 AM
I believe green was 0xp, blue .66 or .75xp(not sure), and white 1xp

White is your equal level and you gain xp against that threat level.

I'm also unsure of yellow and red. Thought yellow was 1.25 and red 1.5 but can't firmly support this

Include the full party xp factor too ;)

But overall good guide!:)

Edit: pretty sure green does not give xp

Anommaly
11-12-2013, 10:23 AM

I'm also unsure of yellow and red. Thought yellow was 1.25 and red 1.5 but can't firmly support this

To solve the 'green is 0xp arguement'

http://i.imgur.com/UTQAWv4.png

There's an image of me in forest haven, I clearly get no XP here, and the mobs are grey/white

Heroelite
11-12-2013, 05:13 PM

I'm pretty sure this is correct. And by the way the xp shown in your bar is just the xp rounded to the nearest whole number, just like how every other stat is shown.
Green is not 1xp, white is. Grey and green are both 0 xp.

Edit: How did everyone else not notice this error besides 2 people?

Anommaly
11-12-2013, 05:33 PM
I have more information that I'll add to this guide later, but, right now, I'm going to bed

ThePvpTwink
11-12-2013, 08:07 PM
To solve the 'green is 0xp arguement'

http://i.imgur.com/UTQAWv4.png

There's an image of me in forest haven, I clearly get no XP here, and the mobs are grey/white
The enemy threat levels aRe only gray.

I'm pretty sure this is correct. And by the way the xp shown in your bar is just the xp rounded to the nearest whole number, just like how every other stat is shown.

Edit: How did everyone else not notice this error besides 2 people?
yes, green and gray are 0 and white is 1xp :)

Chickenrunnn
11-14-2013, 01:58 PM
Ahhhh!! I knew there was something changing with mobs health bar color!!

I always knew there was something different, but I had never linked it to Xp gain :D

Brave Sir Robin
11-15-2013, 01:56 PM
Very useful post and well written!

I have some pictures to prove your point that when a higher level char enters a level, lower level chars can get more xp.
This is viewed from a 56s perspective. When another 56er is in the room, circle is yellow. When the 56er is replaced with a 66er, circle is red.

http://i1063.photobucket.com/albums/t518/Sfaliaras/XP_1_zpsfe45731c.png http://i1063.photobucket.com/albums/t518/Sfaliaras/XP_2_zps5ad52bcd.png

Another factor which influences the colour of the circle is density of enemies in the map. That is, with the same team, the colour of the circle can change within the same map as the number of enemies decreases! We had a very useful discussion in the past, you can see it here:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?70275-Level-63-IS-appropriate-for-Lost-Villas!&p=796576&viewfull=1#post796576

Heroelite
11-16-2013, 05:40 PM
Your xp values for threat levels are also incorrect, and there are two shades of blue (light and dark).

Brave Sir Robin
11-19-2013, 06:27 AM

yes, green and gray are 0 and white is 1xp :)

Yes, this is correct. White means 1xp/kill. Here is a photo of a level 30 in Lost Expedition; the circle is white.

http://i1063.photobucket.com/albums/t518/Sfaliaras/XP_3_zpsae7b399c.png

Heroelite
11-19-2013, 06:38 PM
I think knowledge on the game is required before making a guide to "understanding" exp.

TheGodQueen
11-20-2013, 12:11 PM
Good job, however my lvl 63 mage was able to get xp in funhouse runs.

Suentous PO
11-20-2013, 04:48 PM
Wassup Brave Sir, it's been a long time!
Glad to see you kickin around still!
Hope all is well =^D

Brave Sir Robin
11-21-2013, 11:50 AM
I think knowledge on the game is required before making a guide to "understanding" exp.
Well, Ano put some effort to it and we had a nice discussion. Although it's not perfect (yet), I am sure she will update it when she finds some time :smile:

Thrall Wire
11-21-2013, 11:58 PM
did any1 check what culor enemy iz when u use all aces elix?

Brave Sir Robin
11-22-2013, 01:45 PM
did any1 check what culor enemy iz when u use all aces elix?
With 'access all game instances', enemy circle is red in dungeons which are inaccessible for the toon without this elixir.

Michael Liu
12-08-2013, 01:10 AM
IDK but lately when I was plvling a LVL 33, no elixer in AO1, he was only getting 1 xp per

Tetriac
10-09-2016, 02:20 PM
Fantastic guide, thanks for the hard work.

Diyojen123
07-20-2017, 01:07 PM

ty bro you are awesome :^^