PDA

View Full Version : Elite Golden Puzzlebox daily

Crowsfoot
11-09-2013, 04:45 PM
Last season we had the "Juggernaut's of Nordor" daily quest, where you got an elite golden war chest after you killed 20 elite nordor bosses. Can we please get this for elite golden puzzleboxes? I don't even care if it is 30+ elite shuyal bosses per chest.

I usually open elite golden chests but haven't this season due to their low drop rate (I've had less than 20 this season and run elite several times a day (usually 10+ runs a day) and high price. I really appreciated the "Juggernaut's of Nordor" daily and would hate to see that idea die out after just one season.

keikali
11-09-2013, 04:56 PM
+1. I too would like this idea. A majority of players run the new Shuyal maps for endgame and they accumulate so a reward of at least 1 EGP is great.

Joncheese
11-09-2013, 05:00 PM
Last season we had the "Juggernaut's of Nordor" daily quest, where you got an elite golden war chest after you killed 20 elite nordor bosses. Can we please get this for elite golden puzzleboxes? I don't even care if it is 30+ elite shuyal bosses per chest.

I usually open elite golden chests but haven't this season due to their low drop rate (I've had less than 20 this season and run elite several times a day (usually 10+ runs a day) and high price. I really appreciated the "Juggernaut's of Nordor" daily and would hate to see that idea die out after just one season.

Yep totally agree. Just a little a couple of little touches could make the game more appealing.

:)

Eversor
11-09-2013, 05:44 PM

Yes please.

Pandamoni
11-09-2013, 06:04 PM
Out of thanks but I agree. It would be nice to see this implemented.

Maalice
11-09-2013, 06:52 PM
Agree

Derezzzed
11-09-2013, 07:11 PM

Yes please! +1

queeniefly
11-09-2013, 07:25 PM
I like this idea and I would love to have dailies for Elite Golden Pirate chest too...:monkey:

Emmacheese
11-10-2013, 04:54 AM
Love this idea! Gives us a lil more incentive to run elite shuyal :-)

Raymond05
11-10-2013, 04:59 AM
+1. I like it too. Please implement this. :D

Juicymango
11-10-2013, 08:46 AM
Love it :)

KingMartin
11-10-2013, 09:02 AM
While I give +1 to the idea, EGP is one of the few items that still somehow keeps its price or there is a hope that the prices will even go up.

But because many people want to open, how about introducing EGP II (untradable) for killling, say, 20 shuyal bosses?

Crowsfoot
11-10-2013, 08:26 PM
While I give +1 to the idea, EGP is one of the few items that still somehow keeps its price or there is a hope that the prices will even go up.

But because many people want to open, how about introducing EGP II (untradable) for killling, say, 20 shuyal bosses?
I loved farming my untraceable chests from jarl in season 2. However, this is unnecessary IMO. EGPBs do keep a value of 80k, but last season EGWs were 50k and players received more of them due to the daily. I see no economic issue of more chests being farmed.

Zeus
11-10-2013, 08:48 PM
I think this is a great way to earn guaranteed money so people can save up towards the gear that they need! :)

For those that stick with this quest, they can easily make 1m in 10 days.

Crowsfoot
11-10-2013, 10:41 PM
I think this is a great way to earn guaranteed money so people can save up towards the gear that they need! :)

For those that stick with this quest, they can easily make 1m in 10 days.
EGPBs currently sell at 80k and would probably drop to 40-50k like last season.

Zeus
11-10-2013, 10:43 PM
EGPBs currently sell at 80k and would probably drop to 40-50k like last season.

I'm counting in the factor that they're going to get something at least from farming daily. :)

DagnyTaggart
11-10-2013, 10:51 PM
I'm on this train as well.

wvhills
11-10-2013, 10:59 PM
I don't like this idea. The price for elite gold war chests plummeted after introducing the quest last season. If u want elite gold puzzle boxes arena is the place to be. Also, Before that whole quest series last season u could sell regular silver and gold war chests for 15-20k. After the quest intro they were 3-4k. Regular golds right now are going for 20-25k.

I sell elite gold puzzle boxes tho so I want the prices to stay high. If u open them I can see why u would want a quest for them. Last season we had keep where a pug could form and run it in 8 min. We don't have an area like that this season so the prices may stay up.

Crowsfoot
11-10-2013, 11:07 PM
I don't like this idea. The price for elite gold war chests plummeted after introducing the quest last season. If u want elite gold puzzle boxes arena is the place to be. Also, Before that whole quest series last season u could sell regular silver and gold war chests for 15-20k. After the quest intro they were 3-4k. Regular golds right now are going for 20-25k.

I sell elite gold puzzle boxes tho so I want the prices to stay high. If u open them I can see why u would want a quest for them. Last season we had keep where a pug could form and run it in 8 min. We don't have an area like that this season so the prices may stay up.
Prices are already that low on regular silvers and coppers. Also the drop in regular gold's value was do to the ubbermans and alpha wolf dailies. I only suggests a juggernauts of nordor equivalency.

Note:​ everyone will have more chests, therefore the drop in price will be out weighed by the increase in merchandise per person.

wvhills
11-11-2013, 08:21 AM
Prices are already that low on regular silvers and coppers. Also the drop in regular gold's value was do to the ubbermans and alpha wolf dailies. I only suggests a juggernauts of nordor equivalency.

Note:​ everyone will have more chests, therefore the drop in price will be out weighed by the increase in merchandise per person.

what merchandise in elite gold puzzleboxes is really worth anything tho? It was my understanding that when people buy them they are essentially buying a chance to loot an arcane. The odds of getting arcanes is so low that i don't think the vast majority of puzzlebox farmers will make that much.

Ebezaanec
11-11-2013, 08:27 AM

Also the price of Elite Gold Warchests dropped very fast during the Bael II update where hundreds of them flooded the auction.. Some were even listed at 17k~20k, at that time..

Crowsfoot
11-11-2013, 01:46 PM
what merchandise in elite gold puzzleboxes is really worth anything tho? It was my understanding that when people buy them they are essentially buying a chance to loot an arcane. The odds of getting arcanes is so low that i don't think the vast majority of puzzlebox farmers will make that much.
Merchandise referred to EGPBs. If you sell more chests then you can accept a lower price to maintain the same profits.

At your "chance at arcane" point, its a kershal septer. A 50-60mil item.

Crowsfoot
11-11-2013, 01:49 PM
Also the price of Elite Gold Warchests dropped very fast during the Bael II update where hundreds of them flooded the auction.. Some were even listed at 17k~20k, at that time..
And I am not encouraging another event like that. Merely a daily.

Note: ​I even suggested changing the required number of elite bosses slain from 20 to 30+. I think 30 or 40 is a fair number.

keikali
11-11-2013, 02:49 PM
The price of EGP won't drop because of this if the number is high like 40 Shuyal Boss kills. I mean how many people ACTUALLY finish 40 runs in a day? Some probably do, but a majority would probably complete it over a week which would be fine and the prices would still be stable enough.

Zeus
11-11-2013, 04:47 PM
The price of EGP won't drop because of this if the number is high like 40 Shuyal Boss kills. I mean how many people ACTUALLY finish 40 runs in a day? Some probably do, but a majority would probably complete it over a week which would be fine and the prices would still be stable enough.

We know that you would so you can have that mythic staff. :D

Crowsfoot
11-11-2013, 11:04 PM

I did 12 today. I usually do about 10-30 a day. The purpose of this daily isn't to be completed in a day IMO. It is to give farmers some hope that they will eventually make back their gold and turn a profit.

Players with lesser gear (like me last season) were able to vastly increase their gear with enough time last season with the introduction of this daily (I gained my first mythic AND the gold for my first arcane through the juggernauts of nordor daily).

Taut daily is the sole reason I became a heavy elite runner and I always tell people who can't run shuyal to take advantage of it. I earnestly believe the implication of an EGPB daily would benefit everyone. Pros and beginners alike will build wealth (with enough effort).

Puntus
11-12-2013, 06:37 AM
im agreed , since this season drop elite golden puzzle its harder than others seasons drop each elite golden chest .
So +1 for this idea, also it will be fine an event like elite mines in nordr

Bullox
11-12-2013, 06:43 AM
+1 from me too :)

KingMartin
11-12-2013, 06:48 AM
also it will be fine an event like elite mines in nordr

Not so sure about this, last season the mines ruined legendary market. Today the runs take like 10-12 mins for a moderate party and I am not so sure what would be so great or challenging about killing Overgrowth or Inan within 3 minutes in some kind of a
"mine".

What I would welcome though would be Blue Dudes' Elite Tombs with a chance for Archon rings (even if being more scarce drop than currently) :D

Puntus
11-12-2013, 06:53 AM
Not so sure about this, last season the mines ruined legendary market. Today the runs take like 10-12 mins for a moderate party and I am not so sure what would be so great or challenging about killing Overgrowth or Inan within 3 minutes in some kind of a
"mine".

What I would welcome though would be Blue Dudes' Elite Tombs with a chance for Archon rings (even if being more scarce drop than currently) :D

I bought my mythic armor 10m in that moment of elite mines , with farming there

KingMartin
11-12-2013, 07:12 AM
I bought my mythic armor 10m in that moment of elite mines , with farming there
Yes, I believe you, but as a consequence the prices of legendary items collapsed. I am not saying no to this idea - it would be fun to fight the bosses alone and test the best strategy. I am only saying that perhaps some other farming arena would be better (e.g. those Blue Dudes with Big Blue Dude as boss). But that is not the original purpose of this thread and I don't want to hijack it :)

Sorcerie
11-12-2013, 03:35 PM
I would like to also throw in my support for this idea.

Primarily because I spent two afternoons running elite shuyal forest breach and wasted over a hundred lives with a lep pendant on at boss and the best I got after two days of runs was a copper puzzlebox. Say what you want about luck and what not, but that is just plain ballz.

Esp when you consider the sheer difficulty of elite shuyal with a full team. It's so bad that you literally have to skip 80% of forest breach and book it to the hermits -- only to take a moments breath before you have to jump back out and fight off everything that chased you just to be able to re spawn near the boss. And then finally, after all that dust has settled, you get to run in and get raped by Ferrix because of his massive shadow pools that have a slow and homing effect.

And he's supposedly the easiest of the elite shuyal, mind you.

And to be completely honest, I was eight different kinds of pissed that I went through all the trouble to run that map repeatedly for next to nothing after two days of work. It's just cray.

I therefore support anything that would ensure that I at least have access to one even if it means doing 30+ runs of regular shuyal boss maps, because as it stands I will not be making anymore efforts to run elite shuyal, it's just not worth it.

Bluevaporz
11-12-2013, 03:54 PM
I therefore support anything that would ensure that I at least have access to one even if it means doing 30+ runs of regular shuyal boss maps, because as it stands I will not be making anymore efforts to run elite shuyal, it's just not worth it.

I'm pretty sure this entire thread is about a reward for running elite shuyal bosses, not regular if that's what you meant.

+1 to the idea though. I don't see the harm in introducing this, especially with a number in the 20-30 range.

Sorcerie
11-12-2013, 03:59 PM
I'm pretty sure this entire thread is about a reward for running elite shuyal bosses, not regular if that's what you meant.

+1 to the idea though. I don't see the harm in introducing this, especially with a number in the 20-30 range.I don't care how its handled, tbh, just as long as i don't feel like I'm wasting my time running elite shuyal.

I don't think it's unfair to ask for at least one EGP as a prize for a daily quest even if it means running elite till I'm blue in the face (pun not intended), lol.

Crowsfoot
11-12-2013, 05:38 PM
I don't care how its handled, tbh, just as long as i don't feel like I'm wasting my time running elite shuyal.

I don't think it's unfair to ask for at least one EGP as a prize for a daily quest even if it means running elite till I'm blue in the face (pun not intended), lol.
1) I was suggesting 30+ elite shuyal maps per EGPBs reward from the daily.

2) exactly, some gold for all of people's hard work. I hate it when I do a ton of runs (20+) and I don't loot above a silver. With this daily players would have some sense of a goal to work towards.
*"ok just a few more runs and it will all be worth it." Should be the goal mindset.

Samhayne
11-12-2013, 05:46 PM
Good feedback guys. I'll suggest it to the team and we'll see what floats. Thanks!

Crowsfoot
11-12-2013, 08:07 PM
Good feedback guys. I'll suggest it to the team and we'll see what floats. Thanks!

*prays EGPBs can float*

JaytB
11-12-2013, 09:51 PM
I somehow missed this but great suggestion! They should have dailies like this for every new cap right from the start.

It would also be cool if they would give us elite quests that grant us essences to craft. As far as I understood (correct me if I'm wrong, I haven't been able to be on the forums much lately), essences only drop in normal levels. Making achievable daily elite quests for essences could help popularize elite runs a lot. The way it stands now I only see elite being ran less and less, because everyone will want those essences.

In order to prevent that people would just farm the easiest elite boss, these dailies could be implemented only for the latest elite maps.

Elite Shuyal runs are already pretty dead. Especially if you try and join a pug, you can stand around there for half an hour without anyone joining, in any map. Making daily quests for puzzle boxes would definitely help, making dailies for essences could help popularize elite runs even further.

Crowsfoot
11-12-2013, 10:35 PM
Essences drop in every map, elite or regular, but obviously you can gain them faster in regular maps (km3 will be a hot spot).

Essence based quests are interesting, but STS won't want elite to be so apealing that spending plat on essences doesn't make sense.

Kakashis
11-12-2013, 10:38 PM
Yeah, the game just isn't fun in elite unless you hand picked your team. Pugs mostly fail. I think that elite mode should be done away with if it's going to be this dead.

TheMightyFeusalet
11-13-2013, 11:19 AM
No, dont do that, the prizes need to stay so i can earn much money.
:p

Sorcerie
11-13-2013, 11:40 AM
No, dont do that, the prizes need to stay so i can earn much money.
:pEasy for you to say. >.>;;

Warriors are damn near immortal with top gear against Ferrix. I played with one full mythic and he barely fell below 20% health while standing right on top of him in 3 shadow pools in the 20 min plus it took to take him down . Meanwhile I'm getting two-shotted left and right while running the boss arena like a lunatic just to stay alive, and heaven forbid I should use heal near Ferrix without getting his full wrath and attention.

I've also noticed that because Sorcs do so much damage bosses are extra quick to turn on their greatest aggressors, so it harder to attack when you're running for your life just to heal or spam pots every couple of hits.

Crowsfoot
11-13-2013, 12:09 PM
I'm damn near immortal anywhere ;) use Juggernaut with 2004 armor.

That's why a good tank will maintain aggro so the precious mages and rouge who are the only reason the map doesn't take 5 hours.

Iaintain aggro with taunt in all my skills (except jugg since it seems that it doesn't work). Heal and wm are real taunt hogs and ss will keep you in mele range. Staying close to targets decreases your chance of losing aggro.