PDA

View Full Version : Mythic Weapon Pricing Explained

Zeus
11-10-2013, 10:58 AM
Hello, AL Community,

I'm sure many players have realized the sudden demand for mythic items. So, I'm sure many players are wondering why have the prices inflated so rapidly?

There's actually many reasons why:
• Crafting/Upgrade System
• Consolidation of gold through Grimm eggs, meaning more potential buyers
• Not as many crates opened on Helloween event
• Hoarding of mythic items.

However, despite what people may think, personally I feel that these weapons are priced rather well.

Why? Let's evaluate!

Razerbacks of Force/Nightmarish Blades of Force:
• These weapons are currently the best weapon in the game for a rogue being that there is no up to date rogue arcane weapon. So, of course the pricing is going to be higher on them.

Fortified Glaive/Shrieking Bonesaw:
• Arguably, this weapon is considered as good as the arcane maul which is 30M in price. So, is half of the price for almost equal performance really out of line? Personally, I think not. Those that downgraded from maul to glaive don't think so either!

Orbital Staff/Scythe:
• The glitch in the current staff makes it even better than the arcane staff currently. As a result, it's wanted by A LOT of squishy smurfs.
• Being that the arcane staff is 50M, is a 1/3rd pricing (10-14m) really all that much to ask for the 2nd best weapon in the game?

Just some food for thought... I think people have just grown used to an overpopulated mythic market and think that is the norm, when in actuality, it really is not!

Any thoughts or feedback is welcomed,

Apollo

Linkincena
11-10-2013, 11:05 AM
? :P

Zeus
11-10-2013, 11:06 AM
? :P

Mobile glitched and posted it before I was finished typing. :)

Try reading it now? :)

keikali
11-10-2013, 11:09 AM
Shut up and find me a Mythic Staff so I can buy it and no i'm not paying those jacked up prices.

I agree only on 10-12M currently.

Zeus
11-10-2013, 11:13 AM
Shut up and find me a Mythic Staff so I can buy it and no i'm not paying those jacked up prices.

I agree only on 10-12M currently.

Meh, for arguably the best staff in the game, I think the prices are more than fair.

Remember the days when the maul was 60M?

Linkincena
11-10-2013, 11:14 AM
Best Gun still remains best )

Zeus
11-10-2013, 11:17 AM
Best Gun still remains best )

Exactly! And it's the 3rd best weapon in the game for sorcerer! So, being that the first best is 50-55m, 2nd best is 10-14M, is it really out of line to ask 4-5M for the 3rd best?

Humans are creatures of habit, we don't like change! However, an overpopulated mythic market is never a good thing! They're supposed to be hard to find & get ahold of. I think that many people have forgotten how hard it used to be to find a mythic armor, let alone a full set.

keikali
11-10-2013, 11:29 AM
Parf, you also have to consider one thing that plays into consideration: Item Level. Especially with the new Crafting & Updating of Gems, a level 36 item will yield a better gem stat than level 31. etc.

gumball3000
11-10-2013, 11:37 AM
This is market manipulator talk, all you're saying is that it is ok to put up with your prices.

keikali
11-10-2013, 11:43 AM
This is market manipulator talk, all you're saying is that it is ok to put up with your prices.

The only reason why they were ever so low is because the market was highly saturated with them from all the mythic weapon events. And since everyone always wants to make a quick buck, they will not hesitate to undercut another seller and sell it for much lower which then drives the price down each time.

However, the current prices are actually reasonable even with the high demand with limited supply.

falmear
11-10-2013, 11:47 AM
Mythics are over priced. If you don't want to pay these prices then don't. Just wait for another mythic weekend or double mythic weekend. Every time more mythics are released the price will fall. Petition STS for a double mythic weekend. Then you'll see sellers running for the exit doors.

drgrimmy
11-10-2013, 11:54 AM
The mythic gun was 8-9m in price for the longest time until the second mythic weapon weekend flooded the market. So yes not totally outrageous, and they are only going to sell for what people will pay for them. The prices will undoubtedly drop significantly when there is another crazy mythic weapon weekend. Nevertheless, I think there is a component of hoarding and market manipulation that is driving the prices. If there wasn't a general suspicion of this, then you would not have felt the need to make this thread...

iluvataris
11-10-2013, 12:06 PM
Meh ill wait, made the mistake in selling too soon.
Wont make a second one : )

Zeus
11-10-2013, 12:47 PM
The mythic gun was 8-9m in price for the longest time until the second mythic weapon weekend flooded the market. So yes not totally outrageous, and they are only going to sell for what people will pay for them. The prices will undoubtedly drop significantly when there is another crazy mythic weapon weekend. Nevertheless, I think there is a component of hoarding and market manipulation that is driving the prices. If there wasn't a general suspicion of this, then you would not have felt the need to make this thread...

I did identify that issue.

Also, do know that I am not hoarding any of them as hoarding is a risky option for any investor. It can go either way and if it goes downhill, it's a good way to lose money very quickly.

The main issue, IMO is that so many bought Grimm eggs that it consolidated money into plat buyers hands very quickly. 10 Grimm eggs only would cost 2,500 plat & bring in 8 mil. That's a pretty big consolidation if one compares to what people spend on locked crates.

So, as money changed hands, the former prices were not high enough when compared to the supply.

DocDoBig
11-10-2013, 12:56 PM
What about Mythic Eggs? :p

Edit: Nvm

drgrimmy
11-10-2013, 01:07 PM
I did identify that issue.

Also, do know that I am not hoarding any of them as hoarding is a risky option for any investor. It can go either way and if it goes downhill, it's a good way to lose money very quickly.

The main issue, IMO is that so many bought Grimm eggs that it consolidated money into plat buyers hands very quickly. 10 Grimm eggs only would cost 2,500 plat & bring in 8 mil. That's a pretty big consolidation if one compares to what people spend on locked crates.

So, as money changed hands, the former prices were not high enough when compared to the supply.

Sorry Apollo, if it appeared as though I was making a personal attack. I am not specifically accusing you of hoarding and/or manipulating market prices, but we both know that it does happen. I personally don't care about about the current price of mythic weapons. They are what they are, and lots of people will pay a premium to have a good weapon before it becomes common. Nevertheless, you have to admit that there is a suspicion about the current price of the mythic weapons if you felt the need to make this thread....

Kakashis
11-10-2013, 01:09 PM
Yeah I agree with Apollo. I've already said that 2500 plat would allow any new player to become a full mythic armor with some change with grimm eggs. Essentially opening crates is far worse in getting items than just covert plat to egg/vanities and then to gold. Supply of the goods thus drops and the demand of crates is slim.

I've seen many new players with mythic sets running around lately and also with crates/elite golden puzzles at an all time low to confirms this is happening. Even the original mythic weapons going up in price is further evidence.. All that matters to me in the game is having fun now. I've come to learn that the weapons, armor and amulets are more of a pvp thing which I don't do. Personally, the only thing I'll spend millions on in the future are eggs.

Zeus
11-10-2013, 01:10 PM
Sorry Apollo, if it appeared as though I was making a personal attack. I am not specifically accusing you of hoarding and/or manipulating market prices, but we both know that it does happen. I personally don't care about about the current price of mythic weapons. They are what they are, and lots of people will pay a premium to have a good weapon before it becomes common. Nevertheless, you have to admit that there is a suspicion about the current price of the mythic weapons if you felt the need to make this thread....

Definitely agreed!

That's why I'm not hoarding. :)

Rather, I'd just prefer to profit from the accelerated inflation that the hoarding & other factors are causing. :)

Uzii
11-10-2013, 01:17 PM
The item is worthy only so much what a buyer is willing to pay. There will be some players that will buy at this price, some will not.
If u dont find anyone who matches ur requirements dont sell and wait for crafting....

I agree on reasoning why the prices r so high right now but I dont see a reason to make a thread that is trying to persuade players to buy bc its "right" price. Its their decision...

Sorry if i offended u but that is what i see reading ur post.

Zeus
11-10-2013, 01:40 PM
The item is worthy only so much what a buyer is willing to pay. There will be some players that will buy at this price, some will not.
If u dont find anyone who matches ur requirements dont sell and wait for crafting....

I agree on reasoning why the prices r so high right now but I dont see a reason to make a thread that is trying to persuade players to buy bc its "right" price. Its their decision...

Sorry if i offended u but that is what i see reading ur post.

That would make sense except for one thing: nobody sells their mythic weapons! Believe me, I have about 50+ players trying to get mythic weapons for me.

Nobody sells unless you're giving them higher than 18.5m (applies to Bonesaw/Daggers).

I've personally given multiple a 19m offer for nightmarish blades only to be declined. If anything, I'm trying to buy them to profit on the increasing inflation as each day, the prices on them are only higher than the day before.

Need an example? Mythic daggers were 10m at the beginning of the event (normal ones). Now? Give someone a 15m offer and they're still more than likely to say no.

WoofCookie
11-10-2013, 01:43 PM
It's pretty much hitting the nail on the head on that one.

KingMartin
11-10-2013, 03:52 PM
Mythics are over priced. If you don't want to pay these prices then don't. Just wait for another mythic weekend or double mythic weekend. Every time more mythics are released the price will fall. Petition STS for a double mythic weekend. Then you'll see sellers running for the exit doors.

Yes, and double odds on arcane eggs on top of that. While I admire good merchants, this smells rather like market manipulation by couple of people. No problem with that, one just has to be patient, this season will last for a long time still :)

Interesting, some time ago on one weekend zillion people were PMing about buying Samael's eggs - I wonder where did all the eggs go? :)

aarrgggggg
11-10-2013, 04:45 PM
Honestly i am tired of seeing these threads about how mythics are priced accordingly. Everyone who does not have one yet thinks the prices are to high, everyone who already has one(the minority) thinks they are priced accordingly. Simple as that. Basically if u do not buy plat and i mean hundreds of us dollars worth you will never have a chance at these items with the current prices the way they are. Just another example of how the rich get richer and the poor get poorer. Where is Robin Hood when u need him.

DagnyTaggart
11-10-2013, 04:52 PM
Scarcity is the most basic economic principle.

Personally I've decided to hold off on a few major purchases I was ready to make because I believe those particular items will go down in price a month from now and I'm patient. The basic mythics are currently a lot cheaper than they were (talking armor and helm) when I bought them. The upgrades from there are where the increased prices seem to show up.

Patience IMO will win here.

Zeus
11-10-2013, 05:03 PM
Honestly i am tired of seeing these threads about how mythics are priced accordingly. Everyone who does not have one yet thinks the prices are to high, everyone who already has one(the minority) thinks they are priced accordingly. Simple as that. Basically if u do not buy plat and i mean hundreds of us dollars worth you will never have a chance at these items with the current prices the way they are. Just another example of how the rich get richer and the poor get poorer. Where is Robin Hood when u need him.

I don't buy hundreds of dollars in platinum.

There's no need to undermine anyone's effort towards working towards these items just because you haven't figured out a way to earn money efficiently or effectively.

falmear
11-10-2013, 05:04 PM
Honestly i am tired of seeing these threads about how mythics are priced accordingly. Everyone who does not have one yet thinks the prices are to high, everyone who already has one(the minority) thinks they are priced accordingly. Simple as that.

I have arcane staff, arcane pet and full mythics for everything else. And I think they are priced too high. People just need to wait it out until the price drops once there is another mythic weekend, double or not. People need to exercise some common sense. If you have to have it now, you will pay its as simple as that. If you want to buy wait until there is more competition among sellers the prices will come down. They maybe still expensive but you won't be over paying. Now there are very few on the market so people are asking for a premium. I wouldn't surprised to see another mythic weekend after Thanksgiving. One revenue stream for STS is opening crates, so unless they introduce new mythics they can only bring back the weapons to entice more people to open crates. Its easier for them to recycle stuff then it is to create something new.

Valsacar
11-10-2013, 05:10 PM
I have arcane staff, arcane pet and full mythics for everything else. And I think they are priced too high. People just need to wait it out until the price drops once there is another mythic weekend, double or not. People need to exercise some common sense. If you have to have it now, you will pay its as simple as that. If you want to buy wait until there is more competition among sellers the prices will come down. They maybe still expensive but you won't be over paying. Now there are very few on the market so people are asking for a premium. I wouldn't surprised to see another mythic weekend after Thanksgiving. One revenue stream for STS is opening crates, so unless they introduce new mythics they can only bring back the weapons to entice more people to open crates. Its easier for them to recycle stuff then it is to create something new.

I don't see a new mythic weekend coming up soon, the crafting system will be their next big sale increase. Special weekends like this lose their effectiveness if they keep happening too close to each other.

falmear
11-10-2013, 05:25 PM
I don't see a new mythic weekend coming up soon, the crafting system will be their next big sale increase. Special weekends like this lose their effectiveness if they keep happening too close to each other.

Once most of the current mythics are upgraded, how does STS earn money from plat then? Think about it. They need to keep enough mythics in the system for people to spend plat to upgrade. And earn money from plat by opening crates. The way people spend plat in this game I am pretty sure a lot of mythics will be upgraded very quickly. STS doesn't care about the economy all they care about is what they earn from plat.

Worship
11-10-2013, 05:27 PM
Yeah if you are a rouge, you gotta pay the best to be the best..

aarrgggggg
11-10-2013, 05:49 PM
I don't buy hundreds of dollars in platinum.

There's no need to undermine anyone's effort towards working towards these items just because you haven't figured out a way to earn money efficiently or effectively.
In all reality i have never bought platinum once and i am full myth. In the 4 months i have been playing I have done quite well for myself financially so actually my merching skills are quite effective. I am not undermining anyone's effort towards there in game goals quite the contrary I am actually just stating that at those prices its pretty much out of reach for most players. You are entitled to your opinion apollo as i am to mine, however your failure to listen to other peoples opinions combined with the fact that u post in traders market buying ALL mythics makes it appear that your own personal agenda is driving your posts. Pherhaps i am wrong........... and keep in mind apollo this is not meant as a personal attack. I see nothing wrong with being a good merchant as i stated above. I agree with the posts stating why prices are the way they are but i do not agree thats where they should be hence DOUBLE ODDS WEEKEND please devs

Avshow
11-10-2013, 06:20 PM
I do not see the point of the thread, we all know what is going on for the price.....for myself, I will just wait

Zeus
11-10-2013, 06:49 PM
In all reality i have never bought platinum once and i am full myth. In the 4 months i have been playing I have done quite well for myself financially so actually my merching skills are quite effective. I am not undermining anyone's effort towards there in game goals quite the contrary I am actually just stating that at those prices its pretty much out of reach for most players. You are entitled to your opinion apollo as i am to mine, however your failure to listen to other peoples opinions combined with the fact that u post in traders market buying ALL mythics makes it appear that your own personal agenda is driving your posts. Pherhaps i am wrong........... and keep in mind apollo this is not meant as a personal attack. I see nothing wrong with being a good merchant as i stated above. I agree with the posts stating why prices are the way they are but i do not agree thats where they should be hence DOUBLE ODDS WEEKEND please devs

Personally, even though last time I made 30m from the double mythic weekend; I don't think it should be implemented. We all saw how low the mythic prices were after that for a LONG time.

A mythic weapon for 1M? C'mon, that has to be a joke. How does one of the best weapons in the game only cost 1m? High prices is what helps diversify the market. Remember how many people started using mythics after that? They weren't exactly "mythic".

Now, I'm pretty sure that the devs have stated that the mythc market is SUPPOSED to be rare. I don't see why people can't understand that. If the mythics are not rare, then it undermines the use of elite legendary market & kills the prices.

Honestly, you cannot say I made this thread for my own ends meet. Why? I only have a single pair of daggers that I use for myself in the tourney. Was I flipping them? Yes, during the Helloween event. Now? It's much too risky. If you don't believe this, you can ask my tourney partner, Ipredator. He often borrows any extra daggers I may have and lately, I have not supplied him because I already sold off my stock.

If anything, I'd like the mythic prices to fall so I can make some money. Why? When people panic, there's a lot of money to be made.

If there's too many mythic weapons in the game, it kills the elite legendary market. I think the prices are just fine as it is. Has anyone seen architect blades? I would argue that they're one of the best tanking weapons due to the proc. So, if STG did a double mythic weekend; it would kill the use and value of these mythics making it even harder for those who want mythics to work up to them.

The elite legendary market is what makes people money so that they can afford mythics if people are free players. I think that in the greed to get the mythic items, people forget this.

Keep in mind that a lot of people are hoarding the weapons for the upgrades. I know a person who has over 15 new mythic weapons alone.

Fairytalez
11-10-2013, 06:52 PM
Lol the merchers are trying to control the cs prices or street prices of myth weapons again lol
U could smell it as soon as u read the thread lol...

Bless
11-10-2013, 07:06 PM
The rich get richer and the poor get poorer. Where is Robin Hood when u need him. If every poor person became rich then the balance in the whole game will pretty much be crippled.

It applies to real life and the game.

afrobug
11-10-2013, 07:08 PM
Words can do wonders...
Specially for business

Ebezaanec
11-10-2013, 07:09 PM
Mythics are rare and expensive. To afford one is a luxury. That is one of the reasons why I play the game. Why play when there is nothing to work for?

Yes, the mythics are very expensive for a free-player, but they are a luxury.

You do not need mythics to survive in AL. Like all luxuries, they facilitate the gameplay and act as a desirable reward for dedication and most of the time, hard work.

It would be nice if I had one mythic weapon, but my Pink weapon will suffice just as well. :)

Zeus
11-10-2013, 07:09 PM
Lol the merchers are trying to control the cs prices or street prices of myth weapons again lol
U could smell it as soon as u read the thread lol...

As I said, I don't have any. So, how would this thread benefit me other than drive prices up even more?

There are very valid reasons why there shouldn't be a double mythic weekend.

Also, I think that people are forgetting after double weekends, crates are hardly opened because the mythic market is flooded. STG would only be shooting themselves in the foot.

I think the verdict is that the poor are going to want prices down & hoarders are going to want prices up as high as possible.

I'm not saying prices won't lower after time. I welcome that. However, I don't welcome a huge drop that kills off other markets just because mythics have flooded the market.

Zeus
11-10-2013, 07:11 PM
Words can do wonders...
Specially for business

Read my latest post. If you also checked the traders market; I haven't bought or sold any mythics since the event.

What I am saying is what I think is best for the market. Unless, of course, you think farmers shouldn't be allowed to earn an income because the elite legendary market has no use when mythics are already so cheap?

Fairytalez
11-10-2013, 07:14 PM
Best advice I could give to anyone wanting to purchase myth weps atmm is...
To wait. =)
Also there's bound to be another double myth weekend :)

Zeus
11-10-2013, 07:19 PM
Best advice I could give to anyone wanting to purchase myth weps atmm is...
To wait. =)

This thread isn't about that. Infact, I'm waiting myself because I'm not willing to keep raising my offers to snag mythics off of people just so I can flip them.

If you think this thread is about that, then your biased judgement is getting in the way.

papu
11-10-2013, 07:56 PM
This is a race to get who have 1.000.000.000 gold first :D

smuggs
11-10-2013, 07:57 PM
I'm gonna have to chime in here and say that I DONT think the prices of mythics are absurd at all. I haven't even hit 500k or even close (just nailed 200k) and I'm fine with them being so far out of my reach currently. It gives me something to work at and look forward to, and the legendaries have been doing me just fine. Sure I don't care about my kdr and don't pvp so that plays into my not caring about price I'm sure, but I think 20 - 50 mill is still rather attainable for the average farmer who doesn't even have a ton of time. I work 50 - 60 hours a week and in the hour I get to play a day I still feel like its not an issue at all with the prices being as high as they are.

BudakGemuk
11-10-2013, 08:35 PM
Best weapon for what amount of time? if game expands, price would drop back imo. if only weapons are upgradable, the millions should be more than currently. But for now its like a waste of gold.

Fairytalez
11-10-2013, 08:52 PM
I don't understand why u deleted ur post :)
But anyways good luck with whatever scheme ur trying to pull off :)

Zeus
11-10-2013, 09:02 PM

I didn't delete any post...?

Fairytalez
11-10-2013, 09:06 PM
Lol that's why some of ur post are missing and we wer on 4th page but okay :)
Anyways.

Delphina
11-10-2013, 09:06 PM

I deleted the above posts.

Bluevaporz
11-10-2013, 09:10 PM
I think people should look back and see how mythic weapons settled in price after the first event they were released. For the most part they were in the 8-11m range.

Now after a second longer event, prices have gone far above that even for the "non-helloween" versions. The reasons you state for why the price increase happened sound about right, but that doesn't mean the current prices of the weapons themselves are priced well.

Personally, I would make the opposite conclusion

All your "evaluation" reasons would have applied after the first event finished but you did not see prices at the levels they are now. That alone should be explanation enough.

I think your post brings up an interesting point though Apollo. STS needs to look at this and decide how they will proceed in the future especially with Christmas on the horizon.

1) Is their platinum revenue going to be driven by locked crates (I'm making an assumption but I'll wager most arcane weapons/eggs/mythic items are from crates and not elite gold chests)
2) Or will it be driven by new platinum purchasable eggs and vanities (no gambling; what happened this helloween event)

Because if their model is shifting towards 2, the scarcity of mythic/arcane items will only continue to be more prevalent and likewise the increase of potential buyers. It's another conversation on how rare mythic items should be, but it will be interesting to see what STS decides.

Zeus
11-10-2013, 09:21 PM
I think people should look back and see how mythic weapons settled in price after the first event they were released. For the most part they were in the 8-11m range.

Now after a second longer event, prices have gone far above that even for the "non-helloween" versions. The reasons you state for why the price increase happened sound about right, but that doesn't mean the current prices of the weapons themselves are priced well.

Personally, I would make the opposite conclusion

All your "evaluation" reasons would have applied after the first event finished but you did not see prices at the levels they are now. That alone should be explanation enough.

I think your post brings up an interesting point though Apollo. STS needs to look at this and decide how they will proceed in the future especially with Christmas on the horizon.

1) Is their platinum revenue going to be driven by locked crates (I'm making an assumption but I'll wager most arcane weapons/eggs/mythic items are from crates and not elite gold chests)
2) Or will it be driven by new platinum purchasable eggs and vanities (no gambling; what happened this helloween event)

Because if their model is shifting towards 2, the scarcity of mythic/arcane items will only continue to be more prevalent and likewise the increase of potential buyers. It's another conversation on how rare mythic items should be, but it will be interesting to see what STS decides.

Hey man,

First off, I gotta say... thanks for a constructive post! This thread has needed one for quite a while.

I do agree that some of my evaluation reasons would have applied after the first event. However, what the first event didn't have that this Helloween event did have is the Grimm eggs. People bought Grimm eggs in batches of 10 or more. Now, that is a WHOPPING 8m+ for some. Now, I'm pretty sure I never saw any new mythic weapons as low as 11M. However, the staffs were hovering at 10m for some time.

If you checked the AH and the CS, it is easy to see that players bought these eggs by the dozens & for some, even hundreds! This is a huge amount of money being consolidated. I personally know a guy who has bought most of his gear through the event alone! So, I'm pretty sure that people were thinking "I'll just buy grimm eggs to afford the weapons!". Well, that was fine and all for the first few players who did this. However, when an increasing amount of players started doing it; the supply ran out leading to a very accelerated growth rate (on top of the merchants already hoarding some mythic items).

As for the 2nd part of your post, I'm inclined to agree. Many players are betting on a double mythic weekend. I am, however, not. Why? After the double mythic weekend, it almost killed locked crates being opened after that. I'm sure, as a business, STG would prefer a steady amount of crates being opened daily versus a large amount being opened in 2 days. You can't overwork the cow or all you're going to get is spoiled milk!

I think, that a healthy switch between both 1 & 2 is a profitable option. When one option starts losing efficiency, switch to the other option. When that option starts losing efficiency, switch back! It keeps both options having plenty of time to regenerate. :)

Delphina
11-10-2013, 09:39 PM
I am opening back up this thread. Below is a link the forum rules. Please follow the forum rules when replying to a thread.
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/misc.php?do=vsarules

aarrgggggg
11-10-2013, 09:53 PM
I am opening back up this thread. Below is a link the forum rules. Please follow the forum rules when replying to a thread.
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/misc.php?do=vsaruleshmmmmm thanks delphina :)

Terracio
11-10-2013, 10:29 PM
1) the prices for new mythic weapons are fair. And even helms and armors considering you can upgrade them. The problem is there are many "closet" merchers. These are the people who would try to convince you your items are worth less to make ludicrous offers to get the profit themselves.

Everybody knows the big merchers, its the closet ones who are greedy and ripe to try to take advantage of people

2) with that said, the notion of someone getting ahead on this game without spending at least SOME plat or by dubious means is laughable. Farming in this game is as much of a gamble as opening crates.

I ran full elite nordr the other day for APs on a toon, Nothing good not even an Elite silver warchest, due to extreme masochism decided to run several other elite maps, not one decent drop. I've seen people complain when they drop Pylon of "xxxx" from Fenix and it isn't brutality complain. Hell at least its SOMETHING.

Somebody getting 30+M without any plat... Yeah cute story.
And assuming you did it via "hard work" well I suggest you take your abilities to the real world then for some real cash because you're truly gifted.

Zeus
11-10-2013, 10:39 PM
1) the prices for new mythic weapons are fair. And even helms and armors considering you can upgrade them. The problem is there are many "closet" merchers. These are the people who would try to convince you your items are worth less to make ludicrous offers to get the profit themselves.

Everybody knows the big merchers, its the closet ones who are greedy and ripe to try to take advantage of people

2) with that said, the notion of someone getting ahead on this game without spending at least SOME plat or by dubious means is laughable. Farming in this game is as much of a gamble as opening crates.

I ran full elite nordr the other day for APs on a toon, Nothing good not even an Elite silver warchest, due to extreme masochism decided to run several other elite maps, not one decent drop. I've seen people complain when they drop Pylon of "xxxx" from Fenix and it isn't brutality complain. Hell at least its SOMETHING.

Somebody getting 30+M without any plat... Yeah cute story.
And assuming you did it via "hard work" well I suggest you take your abilities to the real world then for some real cash because you're truly gifted.

Hey man,

My family does stocks irl, as do I. So, merchanting & forecasting rising in prices is my forte. However, I'm not one to deny that I have not spent platinum in this game. At the time, when I was starting up, I spent a lot of platinum. However, pretty much every single cent I spent went towards a full mythic set for my rogue which I did not sell even when prices plummeted from 30m to 10m. Was it economically stupid? Sure, however, that set got me a bunch of kills in PvP and sure made farming a heck of a lot easier.

Since then, for the most part, I do not spend platinum on making money. Well, apart from the free platinum offers that update every now and then. Why? Well, without spending platinum, the game is a challenge. In other STG games, I have spent over 40k platinum, so I didn't want to go down the same path again in this game. Working towards getting the items that you have is a very gratifying feeling. :)

I think, after some re-evaluation, there will be another mythic weekend. However, it will not be a double mythic weekend. Most likely, it'll be a normal mythic weekend re-introducing the mythic weapons into the market.

However, we're just players. All we can really do is speculate, try to predict STG's decisions, and hope that we are right. :)

Terracio
11-10-2013, 10:47 PM
Double mythic weekend while good on paper destroys prices and whats worse, makes ppl think prices can't ever go back up which is ridiculous.

When I do try to merch unwittingly I can come off as jerk because I see someone lowball me (unable to cope or accept rising prices) and I end up saying "well buy from somebody else, trying to make some gold here"

Frohnatur
11-10-2013, 11:07 PM
Wouldnt hoarding mythic lead to a terrible over-supply and panic sales if a mythic weapon weekend appears? Especially when that happens after the crafting system is intriduced?

so i think hoarding is high risk. Everybody was hoarding crates before this this helloween-event, but contrary to other events, the prices stayed mor or less level, peaked just a day after the release at 16 k and went down again. I can see no other reason than over-supply.

parnasofication
11-11-2013, 03:23 AM
Let's not overcomplicate things and make it seem right by using too many words. Double-odds helps everyone ( Except those hoarding mythics. ) Plat-spenders get their moneys worth, non-paying players sell crates for 25-30K each. No need to be selfish.

Fauksuras
11-11-2013, 04:40 AM
It's not about being selfish it's just that merchers (you know the ones that don't like having to wait for big events to make some money) can end up losing big because of the price crash.

Honestly it would be easier if community was mature (or smart, not sure which) enough to understand how supply and demand works.

Soundlesskill
11-11-2013, 04:50 AM
I'd like to request the fixing of the 90% DMG reduction gets some more attention. I feel it's very unfair and should be one of the main priorities.

Zeus
11-11-2013, 05:34 AM
Let's not overcomplicate things and make it seem right by using too many words. Double-odds helps everyone ( Except those hoarding mythics. ) Plat-spenders get their moneys worth, non-paying players sell crates for 25-30K each. No need to be selfish.

Stig, the last time this happened, the market crashed. Double mythics overpopulates the mythic market and also destroys the market for elite legendary gear.

parnasofication
11-11-2013, 06:06 AM
Stig, the last time this happened, the market crashed. Double mythics overpopulates the mythic market and also destroys the market for elite legendary gear.

Last time this happened was for the 36 mythics right? As far as I can remember, they had an intro price of 12m and later on settled at 15m. (Mythic Glaive) Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to bash or point fingers. Hoarders are just terms I use to shorten "smart merchants".

I opened 300+ crates for halloween(a mistake I will never repeat again), and NO mythic weapon. Double mythic means what then? 1%? 2%? .01 to .02%. It's all just luck anyway. I just call it as I see it, and hope for a good time farming crates once again if they get to 25k+.

Sent from under my bed.

Thrindal
11-11-2013, 09:05 AM
I think this thread misses the point a little. Anything is priced right if someone else pays the price? How much would I sell something for? The most someone else is willing to pay.

I can't afford mythic weapons at the moment but I don't think anyone should drop prices to be nice. If people don't buy prices will drop, if they do buy prices will rise. Simple supply and demand.

Hoarding can also be considered smart merching...

KingMartin
11-11-2013, 10:00 AM
Hoarding can also be considered smart merching...

Unless somebody does not want to pay artificially manipulated prices and tries his luck opening crates. While I would buy Samael for 13M instantly, I will never pay 18M or more. If I think how much plat is equivalent to 18M, I will really rather pop the dreaded crates and I am sure I will be better off than coughing out 18 million of gold (try to farm it if you don't know how much work it is - this is not meant for Thrindal personally)

I am still waiting for arcane weekend patiently, no rush :)

Frohnatur
11-11-2013, 11:22 AM
Last time this happened was for the 36 mythics right? As far as I can remember, they had an intro price of 12m and later on settled at 15m. (Mythic Glaive) Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to bash or point fingers. Hoarders are just terms I use to shorten "smart merchants".

I opened 300+ crates for halloween(a mistake I will never repeat again), and NO mythic weapon. Double mythic means what then? 1%? 2%? .01 to .02%. It's all just luck anyway. I just call it as I see it, and hope for a good time farming crates once again if they get to 25k+.

Sent from under my bed.

double mythic means double the amount of new items. Wich means more than the usual flow of the market and therefore an unnatural hitch in the goings of things. That what peeps are talking about here.

as to your luck: double chances doesnt mean threre's no bad luck anymore. I opened 399 crates without hitting paydirt. In the 400th crate i found scythe. Believe it or not. U bet i wont open crates anymore. I think i maxxed out my luck. Thats how the odds are. Double or not.

Zeus
11-11-2013, 11:34 AM

Sent from under my bed.

Sorry man, I think you're confused. There was no double mythics for L36 expansion as far as I know.

However, there was for the L31 expansion. In this time, L31 mythic weapons dropped from 8m to a dissapointing 1m. Heck, the pavise was selling for under 1m at one point.

Now, since it was double mythic weekend, other things were looted as well. The HUGE increase of mythics in the market completely crashed the elite legendary market because gear was just so cheap! The elite legendary market is a very necessary part of our economy. It gives the free players a way to work their way towards the arcane and mythics if they choose not to participate in merching and or opening locked crates.

Trust me, during the L31 double odds weekend, nearly everybody was looting mythic or arcane. I opened perhaps 200 crates (maybe a bit less) and looted 10+ mythics. Heck, I can't even remember anymore! All I remember is that I had more mythics in my inventory than pinks. :p

I know it wasn't freak luck however, as the market showed the huge amount of mythics coming into the market. It was honestly just overwhelming & 2 months later into the L36 cap is when the L31 mythics are finally starting to regain SOME of their original value.

parnasofication
11-11-2013, 11:41 AM
Sorry man, I think you're confused. There was no double mythics for L36 expansion as far as I know.

However, there was for the L31 expansion. In this time, L31 mythic weapons dropped from 8m to a dissapointing 1m. Heck, the pavise was selling for under 1m at one point.

Now, since it was double mythic weekend, other things were looted as well. The HUGE increase of mythics in the market completely crashed the elite legendary market because gear was just so cheap! The elite legendary market is a very necessary part of our economy. It gives the free players a way to work their way towards the arcane and mythics if they choose not to participate in merching and or opening locked crates.

Trust me, during the L31 double odds weekend, nearly everybody was looting mythic or arcane. I opened perhaps 200 crates (maybe a bit less) and looted 10+ mythics. Heck, I can't even remember anymore! All I remember is that I had more mythics in my inventory than pinks. :p

I know it wasn't freak luck however, as the market showed the huge amount of mythics coming into the market. It was honestly just overwhelming & 2 months later into the L36 cap is when the L31 mythics are finally starting to regain SOME of their original value.

Ahh I think I get it now. :) My bad, and thanks for clearing it up.

Sent from under my bed.

drgrimmy
11-11-2013, 11:44 AM

Elite legendary market was already dead last season before the double mythic weekend. Elite legendary market is already dead this season, and was even before the new mythic weapons came out. Crafting is going to kill the legendary market more than another double mythic weekend as mythic items will soon have the potential to have 6 more stat points than the same level legendary item from a potential third superior bond.

Zeus
11-11-2013, 11:48 AM
Elite legendary market was already dead last season before the double mythic weekend. Elite legendary market is already dead this season, and was even before the new mythic weapons came out. Crafting is going to kill the legendary market more than another double mythic weekend as mythic items will soon have the potential to have 6 more stat points than the same level legendary item from a potential third superior bond.

As long as the prices are higher than a elite golden puzzlebox, I don't think it's quite crashed. :p

ElDoubleYou
11-11-2013, 11:49 AM
Raise prices!

Zeus
11-11-2013, 11:51 AM
Raise prices!

Selling Nightmarish Daggers of Force - 21m non-negotiable!

ElDoubleYou
11-11-2013, 11:58 AM
Raise prices!

Selling Nightmarish Daggers of Force - 21m non-negotiable!

I'll buy 24m! Don't try an undersell me!

Zeus
11-11-2013, 12:01 PM
I'll buy 24m! Don't try an undersell me!

Well, can you do 25m then? I'll try to oversell you then. :) Before, I was offering you a bargain. :p

ElDoubleYou
11-11-2013, 12:04 PM
Don't try an scam me I want it for 30m

drgrimmy
11-11-2013, 12:59 PM
As long as the prices are higher than a elite golden puzzlebox, I don't think it's quite crashed. :p

Lolz, i think i am just a dinosaur in this game, whishing it was still something that it no longer is. You didn't really play too much before mythic items came out. Before mythic items came out you could make a good amount of gold from farming elite legendary gear, with several items worth well over 1m gold for a good amount of a season. Now it is much harder with not many elite legendary items going for a premium, except for perhaps the archon rings. Making 100k on a rare elite drop is no good way to make money. Imagine how long it would take you to make the same 30m you made over the double mythic weapon weekend farming elite legendary gear. It is no secret that farming is not a good way to make a serious amount of gold anymore, with all the big players either being merchs or big plat spenders. So yes I would argue that the elite legendary market has been dead ever since the introduction of mythic gear and flooding of the market with both mythic items and cheap crate legendary gear. It's fine, I have almost come to terms with this ;)

Zeus
11-11-2013, 01:05 PM
Lolz, i think i am just a dinosaur in this game, whishing it was still something that it no longer is. You didn't really play too much before mythic items came out. Before mythic items came out you could make a good amount of gold from farming elite legendary gear, with several items worth well over 1m gold for a good amount of a season. Now it is much harder with not many elite legendary items going for a premium, except for perhaps the archon rings. Making 100k on a rare elite drop is no good way to make money. Imagine how long it would take you to make the same 30m you made over the double mythic weapon weekend farming elite legendary gear. It is no secret that farming is not a good way to make a serious amount of gold anymore, with all the big players either being merchs or big plat spenders. So yes I would argue that the elite legendary market has been dead ever since the introduction of mythic gear and flooding of the market with both mythic items and cheap crate legendary gear. It's fine, I have almost come to terms with this ;)

Haha, but there are items worth 300k+ excluding archon rings.

Uzii
11-11-2013, 01:36 PM
Haha, but there are items worth 300k+ excluding archon rings.

But fighting in elite legendary gear is a bit struggle compared to mythics one from my personal experience. Yes mythics should give his owner uperhand, but it would have meaning only if there were only few pieces of them. Not possible with the amount of crates that was and is opened. So everything is desinged around mythics, dungeons, arena, pvp, leaving out players with different gear.

So everyone is after mythics and ofc want "cheap" prices.

And i had a hard time selling elite legendaries, even when they were the best for their class.

falmear
11-11-2013, 03:20 PM
These are the top level 36 legendary items in CS. I don't know if people are hording these as well since not many of them in CS. And if I farmed any I'd hold back selling them until after upgrading.

Pylon of Brutality - 500k
Quills of Brutality - 700k (used to be significantly less)
Architect Blade of Assault - 500k
Entombed Hammer of Warfare (lvl 35) - 400k

Your chances of getting one of these is pretty slim even with platinum, if it wasn't you'd see a lot more in CS and prices would be even lower. I'd also rather save my gold and buy mythic gun or bow. That's the problem with having one more tier above legendary. Why waste your gold on legendary. If it was me, I'd get by with the best legendary gun which is pretty cheap. Save my gold and use it to buy a mythic gun. But now that prices are where they are. Just continue to save and buy a mythic staff/bow/glaive once the prices come down.

ruizerwin
11-20-2013, 09:11 AM
i wait until mythic weekend come back.. prices are soo high...

dudetus
11-20-2013, 12:38 PM
Sry to rain on ur parade but can't AL players srsly figure this much by themselves?

And I'm asking srsly.

phillyr
11-20-2013, 01:39 PM
LOL u opened a big can of worms here :-P

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Zeus
11-20-2013, 01:44 PM
Sry to rain on ur parade but can't AL players srsly figure this much by themselves?

And I'm asking srsly.

Well, they're now 20m+ for the weapons so...

Zuzeq
11-20-2013, 02:01 PM
Some good points, but I think the "message" would have been better received from someone who isnt a Merch. I personally think that 15+ Mil for anything less than a Red item is redic.

Eski
01-04-2014, 08:32 AM
Just say : Love
The best example for hoarding ,and controling the market..
those ppl had luck with loot and merch,and keep buying all the good stuff..
so they will be more welthy ,and keep doin this again and again

phillyr
01-04-2014, 10:16 AM
The l36 items are becoming more and more scarce, supply and demand states the price shall rise when the demand exceeds the supply. And I personally like merchs, u always know who to go to when u save the gold. I don't like how people hate on others for entrepreneurship. If u don't like merchs...don't shop at the grocery store or by clothes from a retailer. They do the same thing. Even Walmart has over 100% markup on some if their items. I have an HVAC business, we double the price of any part we sell. Not just mine but all HVAC companies do. Just my two cents on merch hating...now back to the subject at hand :-P

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Hercules
01-04-2014, 12:26 PM
I think that when there is twice as likely to get something good in lockeds and there are plenty! the lower prices will Mythics 1-3 m being arcane 20-30 m, but guys have to understand that when there is no possibility in double lockeds, and no shortage of insurance rates will be higher. All I can recommend is farmear: P