PDA

View Full Version : Should Arcane weapon have 4 or 5 slots socket? it should not be equal to mythic items

Daddyblu
11-11-2013, 04:34 AM
Guys since "arcane items" is consider should be the best item in game.

Why does it have 3 slot only?

I mean all arcane items should be above mythic items right?

daggers, maul and staff.

Right not there is a slight deference in arcane and mythic items.

specially when crafting will be implemented.

Maul -90.6 Dps, 48 Str, 26 Dex,26int, 2.71% crit, proc stun aoe 50%deduce armor and +60Str
Glaive - 115.1 Dps, 45 Str, 9 Dex 18 int, 4.30% Crit, 117 Armor , Proc +35 Str

All mythic and arcane 3 slots.
Arcane Maul +15
Arcane Staff +18
Arcane Hook +12
Mythic Glaive +18
Mythic Orbital staff +18
Mythic Razorback +18
Mythic Bow + 15
Mythic passive +15
Mythic Gun +15

Example of Perfect items Crafted.

Arcane Maul -90.6 Dps, 48 Str, 26 Dex,26int, 2.71% crit, proc stun aoe 50%deduce armor and +60Str ( +15 Str Gem socket ) = Total Str = +63 Str

Advantage 1 proc AOE Attack arean range in range,
Disadvantage it will take you ages to per 1 swing.

Mythic Glaive - 115.1 Dps, 45 Str, 9 Dex 18 int, 4.30% Crit, 117 Armor , Proc +35 Str,( +18 Str Gem Slocket ) - Total Str +63

Advantage - Same Str Bonus , Faster than maul, 1 maul swing = 2 glaive swing. higher armor, And 15-20m Cheaper

If arcane will have 4 slots
Arcane Staff will be +21
ArcaneMaul will be +20
Arcane Hooks + 16

All above is perfect crafted items.

So all of you can add you your self that how the bonus damage go,

moonway03
11-11-2013, 05:44 AM
Arcane is already powerful than mythics,if it havr more sockets it would be overpowered and many people will complain.

Sent from my noobish galaxy ace phone.

matanofx
11-11-2013, 05:55 AM
-1 for this one

Whenever i think you peaked you surprise me with a new idea to hate.

b2kite
11-11-2013, 06:35 AM
Arcane is better than myth.
Put 3 gems +5str to both items.
Still arcane is better than myth.

b2kite a.k.a. Ailo, best rogue in the world!

Ebezaanec
11-11-2013, 08:18 AM
I'm guessing the only reason why you are suggesting this is because you, yourself own an Arcane Maul... Is that not true?

Explain to me how this will deal with PVP balancing? Maybe you should think about the larger consequences before posting an idea like this. Arcanes aren't even equal to mythics, they are rarer and they offer as the best weapon in whatever expansion it was introduced. If you want the Arcanes to have its full potential, then use them at the LVL caps (L26- Hooks, L31- Maul, L36-Ker'shal).

I had an odd feeling that it would be you who would post the thread, my suspicions are confirmed now...

smuggs
11-11-2013, 08:21 AM
I don't think it should be more than 3 sockets. Plus if you look at it...there's only room for 3 sockets in the ui, try fitting 4 or 5 and people on mobile won't even be able to click on them to upgrade. Not everyone plays the game on PC, it did start as mobile. No matter what arcanes will be better than mythics for 2 seasons...only reason I can see to add more sockets is to push the price up further...plus we haven't even gotten into the crafting update so its hard to even make a decision when we dont really know a whole ton about it.

Slovek
11-11-2013, 08:24 AM
even with 3 gems on mythic and arcane, the arcane will still be better. tired of your selfish desires and i'm serious.

Daddyblu
11-11-2013, 08:33 AM
I'm guessing the only reason why you are suggesting this is because you, yourself own an Arcane Maul... Is that not true?

Explain to me how this will deal with PVP balancing? Maybe you should think about the larger consequences before posting an idea like this. Arcanes aren't even equal to mythics, they are rarer and they offer as the best weapon in whatever expansion it was introduced. If you want the Arcanes to have its full potential, then use them at the LVL caps (L26- Hooks, L31- Maul, L36-Ker'shal).

I had an odd feeling that it would be you who would post the thread, my suspicions are confirmed now...

Is it only because i have maul??

WYI i got all the arcane and mythic items. Dude im not talking about maul but arcane in general.. And i got all kinds of weapon arcane and mythics.

I reason i got this idea its because

normal weapon got 1
1.: Epic got 1 slot
Legends 2 slot
2:mythic got 3 slot

so arcane show be 1 slot upper?

Sibayjing
11-11-2013, 08:34 AM
No no no, 3 slots for mythics and arcane are enough. Don't be greedy. Let a chance for non mythic/arcane players to fight in same room.
So many players with mythics and Arcane ask to casual player leave pvp room for this reason. Because their gear is not OP. Don't make this game more advantageous for mythics/arcane players

Slovek
11-11-2013, 08:36 AM
Is it only because i have maul??

WYI i got all the arcane and mythic items. Dude im not talking about maul but arcane in general.. And i got all kinds of weapon arcane and mythics.

I reason i got this idea its because

normal weapon got 1
1.: Epic got 2 slot
2:mythic got 3 slot

so arcane show be 1 slot upper?

right now i'm telling u youre thinking the wrong way. true there may be a pattern but for gods sake how would u feel if youre on the receiving end?

Daddyblu
11-11-2013, 08:36 AM
No no no, 3 slots for mythics and arcane are enough. Don't be greedy. Let a chance for non mythic/arcane players to fight in same room.
So many players with mythics and Arcane ask to casual player leave pvp room for this reason. Because their gear is not OP. Don't make this game more advantageous for mythics/arcane players

its not about being greedy its the rarity of the item

maybe we should down grade mythics to 2slot.

Arcane 3 slot.
mythic 2 slot
Legend 1 slot
epic not slot

just to give more value to arcane items

Daddyblu
11-11-2013, 08:38 AM
right now i'm telling u youre thinking the wrong way. true there may be a pattern but for gods sake how would u feel if youre on the receiving end?

im sorry but you dont make sense. can you be more specific and clear.

Slovek
11-11-2013, 08:41 AM
its not about being greedy its the rarity of the item

maybe we should down grade mythics to 2slot.

Arcane 3 slot.
mythic 2 slot
Legend 1 slot
epic not slot

just to give more value to arcane items

idk about u but looting one arcane item is already a big blessing thus increasing the value. currently theres a huge difference between arcane weapons and mythic ones.... a mythic wepon with maxed gems vs arcane maxed gems = arcane will still be more valuable..

Ebezaanec
11-11-2013, 08:43 AM
im sorry but you dont make sense. can you be more specific and clear.

How would you feel if you didn't own an Arcane and you had to fight people with OP gear? Would you be happy and elated that your gear wasn't OP?

Slovek
11-11-2013, 08:45 AM
How would you feel if you didn't own an Arcane and you had to fight people with OP gear? Would you be happy and elated that your gear wasn't OP?

im sure i was clear with that ;(

Ebezaanec
11-11-2013, 08:49 AM
im sure i was clear with that ;(

Lol.. He said you didnt make sense, so I just clarified for him..

Slovek
11-11-2013, 08:50 AM
ok ty i thought u think im impaired or sumthin. sorry sir

Daddyblu
11-11-2013, 08:57 AM

If i dont have arcane items if fine with me. then ill buy more plats to get it to farm my way. work hard to get one.

My point is Arcane and mythic should not have the same number of slot.

Because they are not the same rarity.

Daddyblu
11-11-2013, 08:59 AM
idk about u but looting one arcane item is already a big blessing thus increasing the value. currently theres a huge difference between arcane weapons and mythic ones.... a mythic wepon with maxed gems vs arcane maxed gems = arcane will still be more valuable..

are you sure?

dude i collect mythic weapon and arcane items. i swear the deference is not big.

Slovek
11-11-2013, 09:00 AM
#tiredofexplaining
#whydisguynoget?
#iseefutureimbalance
#whatdididowrongnottobeunderstood
#maybethiswillpass

ok ur opinion i respect that but the devs already spoken.

Slovek
11-11-2013, 09:00 AM
are you sure?

dude i collect mythic weapon and arcane items. i swear the deference is not big.

dude still look at mythic staffvs arcane staff. ZOMG ZAPDOS dude

smuggs
11-11-2013, 09:04 AM
Buying plat is NOT working hard for it. I don't think this is a good idea and the ONLY reason I can see for wanting it is bigger profit margin. There's no need for the most powerful items to create a larger gap by adding more sockets.

Just...no. This is the second thing you've posted that majority say no to and you fight tooth and nail to defend your idea.

Daddyblu
11-11-2013, 09:04 AM
dude still look at mythic gun vs arcane staff. ZOMG ZAPDOS dude

Omg why on the would you compare a level 31 weapon or a 36?

you compare mythic 36 mage weapon and arcane staff. that's how you compare items.

Daddyblu
11-11-2013, 09:05 AM
dude still look at mythic gun vs arcane staff. ZOMG ZAPDOS dude

you compare mythic 36 mage weapon and arcane staff 36. that's how you compare items.

Slovek
11-11-2013, 09:05 AM

you compare mythic 36 mage weapon and arcane staff. that's how you compare items.

sorry sorry i meant the staff zzzzz

Daddyblu
11-11-2013, 09:06 AM
sorry sorry i meant the staff zzzzz

do you have both items?? i think you dont.. you dont know what your talking?

Slovek
11-11-2013, 09:07 AM
i dont have but i can compare from auction screenshots. only takes a smart man to do so. pm me i share my secret bro i like u u talk like my old friend johnny who was gunned down last october. sad life :(

smuggs
11-11-2013, 09:10 AM
do you have both items?? i think you dont.. you dont know what your talking?

So you're saying anyone who doesn't own these items can't know what they're like and their stats...wow I see the person you are...

Daddyblu
11-11-2013, 09:10 AM
i dont have but i can compare from auction screenshots. only takes a smart man to do so. pm me i share my secret bro i like u u talk like my old friend johnny who was gunned down last october. sad life :(

what screen shots? there is not arcane staff on the auction LOL!

your making stories LOL! come back when your know the exact calculation.

as of now i can see you dont know anything at all. if you do go to auction and post screen shoots.

Slovek
11-11-2013, 09:13 AM
THERE WAS. idk why u think i'm only talking about the present situation

smuggs
11-11-2013, 09:17 AM
Um there are forum posts with pictures of these items and their stats...you are utterly ridiculous sprtcuz. What I'm seeing here is you've got your ideas and anyone who doesn't agree becomes a target of your derisive actions and words. We have our opinions too and you seem to have issue with that...

Trying to find the thread now but I recall Love (gundamsone) doing a comparison thread right after the release.

Slovek
11-11-2013, 09:24 AM
Um there are forum posts with pictures of these items and their stats...you are utterly ridiculous sprtcuz. What I'm seeing here is you've got your ideas and anyone who doesn't agree becomes a target of your derisive actions and words. We have our opinions too and you seem to have issue with that...

dont worry i dont think he knows how to search the forums for the stats. we all make mistakes in life bro. it so happens this guy over here needs some guidance. sometimes i feel bad for him when the community throw stones at him but sometimes not. u know its a mad world

on topic : i know my way around here and the differences between these items bruh. -.-

Ebezaanec
11-11-2013, 09:30 AM
If i dont have arcane items if fine with me. then ill buy more plats to get it to farm my way. work hard to get one.

My point is Arcane and mythic should not have the same number of slot.

Because they are not the same rarity.

You are not answering my question at all. I asked, how would you feel if you got creamed by overpowered gear?

I didn't ask for your life story to every problem.

keikali
11-11-2013, 09:42 AM
I don't get why you guys even bother replying to his selfish posts? He avoids the question by just bringing up a different comparison.

And as most people said, once I saw this thread I had a guess on who the OP was and wow I won the damn lottery.

Arcanes are already better than Mythics if used AT the cap level of that item.

So don't try and use an example like Arcane Hooks (L26) to Razorbacks (L36), kthx.

Please take your selfish ideas elsewhere.

Alhuntrazeck
11-11-2013, 09:44 AM
-1m.

3 slots for arcane items is more than enough. I have a guildie with an arcane staff, and you won't believe his tanking build's stats - 5.5k hp and 320 damage, that's more than any average warrior could aspire too, and he's a mage. Now imagine if he sockets four STR gems into it; he could get like 6k+ hp, which would make him invincible.

Arcanes are the top of their class already, there's no need to make them OP.

smuggs
11-11-2013, 10:01 AM
Kei...the only reason I bother to reply is because these past few weeks have been NOTHING but him arguing his own point and putting everyone down and personally I'm sick of it. Look at the midas thread and his reaction of making 10 polls a day because no one agreed with him. I just don't like seeing people being derided because they don't agree with someone else's idea, and then see a reaction like the one from the midas thread...I've been a forum admin and I know the headaches this stuff causes when youre constantly deleting threads and locking them.
OT: I really think we need to wait and see how this system turns out before we start seeing imporvement threads.

keikali
11-11-2013, 10:05 AM
Kei...the only reason I bother to reply is because these past few weeks have been NOTHING but him arguing his own point and putting everyone down and personally I'm sick of it. Look at the midas thread and his reaction of making 10 polls a day because no one agreed with him. I just don't like seeing people being derided because they don't agree with someone else's idea, and then see a reaction like the one from the midas thread...I've been a forum admin and I know the headaches this stuff causes when youre constantly deleting threads and locking them.
OT: I really think we need to wait and see how this system turns out before we start seeing imporvement threads.

Jeez. Don't remind me of those threads. He literally create another thread because he didn't like the responses. Making up for something lacking in another department perhaps?

Ebezaanec
11-11-2013, 10:07 AM
Jeez. Don't remind me of those threads. He literally create another thread because he didn't like the responses. Making up for something lacking in another department perhaps?

Departments.. Make it plural.. :p

Zeus
11-11-2013, 11:24 AM
Ok,

So, we talked in game last night.

Now, going about our conversation, the arcane maul is supposed to be better than the best L41 legendary weapon for warrior. However, at the same time, the L36 glaive is supposed to be better than the best L41 legendary weapon for warrior.

So, in regards to the upgrades, a L31 maul is allowed a maximum of +5 str per superior gem. A L36 glaive is allowed a maximum of +6 str per superior gem. So, this would make them completely balanced in terms of stats and both would be slated to be better than the best L41 legendary weapon for warrior.

This is all fine and dandy for an L31 to L36 mythic comparison and where your idea works. However, lets compare it to the L36 mythic staff vs. L36 arcane staff. The difference between these two staffs is already great enough to indicate that one is arcane and one is mythic, ignoring the extreme glitch that is slated to be fixed in the near future. Placing your idea would only extrapolate the difference between the two. The arcane staff already has a huge difference for a sorcerer to want to get it.

As of the date of this post, I own a maul. Like I said, we also spoke in game. When this upgrade hits, since the maul and glaive will be on par in attribute stats; the only defining difference is their proc. One must keep in mind that with all the upgrades, both the maul and glaive will be pretty much unkillable - moreso than they already are now due to the noticeable increase in health. So, the only reason for this post to be made is to prevent people from realizing this & have them go with the maul when in reality, it makes little to know difference for which one they are paying. So, the next question that will go through their head is: "Why am I going to pay 10-15m more for a Maul of Ollerus when both have very slight differences?" Unkillable is unkillable; how unkillable doesn't matter.

You're right; a Maul of Ollerus should not be equal to a mythic item in it's class. At its level, the only other item is the Vigilant Pavise which is pretty easy to determine the difference between maul vs. that weapon. However, in L36, the gap narrows as expected.

I really don't see the issue here, man.

Soundlesskill
11-11-2013, 11:28 AM
IMO, it should be;

Arcane and Mythic 1 slot.
Legendary 2 slots.
Epics 3 slots.

The balance is going bankrupt

Slovek
11-11-2013, 11:30 AM
mate dont u abandon ship once again. :/

on topic: yes there is a big diff between arcane and myth staff

Zeus
11-11-2013, 11:36 AM
IMO, it should be;

Legendary 2 slots.
Epics 3 slots.

So are twinks going to start using epics then instead of legendary gear? It's fine the way it is.

Arcane & Mythic are going to be the best gear; they weren't meant to be equals.

keikali
11-11-2013, 11:41 AM
mate dont u abandon ship once again. :/

on topic: yes there is a big diff between arcane and myth staff

Oh don't worry about that! He is just going to create another thread and reword it!

Daddyblu
11-11-2013, 11:45 AM
Ok,

So, we talked in game last night.

Now, going about our conversation, the arcane maul is supposed to be better than the best L41 legendary weapon for warrior. However, at the same time, the L36 glaive is supposed to be better than the best L41 legendary weapon for warrior.

So, in regards to the upgrades, a L31 maul is allowed a maximum of +5 str per superior gem. A L36 glaive is allowed a maximum of +6 str per superior gem. So, this would make them completely balanced in terms of stats and both would be slated to be better than the best L41 legendary weapon for warrior.

This is all fine and dandy for an L31 to L36 mythic comparison and where your idea works. However, lets compare it to the L36 mythic staff vs. L36 arcane staff. The difference between these two staffs is already great enough to indicate that one is arcane and one is mythic, ignoring the extreme glitch that is slated to be fixed in the near future. Placing your idea would only extrapolate the difference between the two. The arcane staff already has a huge difference for a sorcerer to want to get it.

As of the date of this post, I own a maul. Like I said, we also spoke in game. When this upgrade hits, since the maul and glaive will be on par in attribute stats; the only defining difference is their proc. One must keep in mind that with all the upgrades, both the maul and glaive will be pretty much unkillable - moreso than they already are now due to the noticeable increase in health. So, the only reason for this post to be made is to prevent people from realizing this & have them go with the maul when in reality, it makes little to know difference for which one they are paying. So, the next question that will go through their head is: "Why am I going to pay 10-15m more for a Maul of Ollerus when both have very slight differences?" Unkillable is unkillable; how unkillable doesn't matter.

You're right; a Maul of Ollerus should not be equal to a mythic item in it's class. At its level, the only other item is the Vigilant Pavise which is pretty easy to determine the difference between maul vs. that weapon. However, in L36, the gap narrows as expected.

I really don't see the issue here, man.

Thanks for explaining properly,

Just got home from work. They will see soon that the defference is very small.

Maul and glaive arfter crafting will have the same total str maul only advantage is proc stun area.

Glaive will be more advantage in terms on 1-1 duel. Try to add your self

Zeus
11-11-2013, 11:50 AM

Maul and glaive arfter crafting will have the same total str maul only advantage is proc stun area.

And that's exactly how it's supposed to be as both are promised to be better than the best L41 elite weapon in their class. :)

Daddyblu
11-11-2013, 11:53 AM
And that's exactly how it's supposed to be as both are promised to be better than the best L41 elite weapon in their class. :)

I dont see that will happens. Lol see you ing. Thank you for the getter explanation

Zeus
11-11-2013, 11:55 AM
I dont see that will happens. Lol see you ing. Thank you for the getter explanation

It's already happening; they are both nearly equal and give a big enough gap over the L31 elite legendary gear. If one does the math and notices the trend of jumps between campaigns for increase in stats for Elite Legendary gear, it should add up. :)

Soundlesskill
11-11-2013, 12:53 PM
So are twinks going to start using epics then instead of legendary gear? It's fine the way it is.

Arcane & Mythic are going to be the best gear; they weren't meant to be equals.

Twinks aren't supposed to be.

Zeus
11-11-2013, 12:59 PM
Twinks aren't supposed to be.

Well, they exist and they have a thriving economy which is a necessary function. There are twinks in every MMO; to deny them would be to deny MMOs.

They are a community of players, just like PvPers, just like elite farmers. How are they any different? Sure, they may play cheap at times, but that doesn't mean that they aren't a community of players that also make their impact on the game.

Heck, I'll tip my hat off to them for keeping locked crate pinks pricy. :D

The best gear is arcane & mythics, developers are simply not going to balance them out. That's detrimental towards the purpose of the game.

Kakashis
11-11-2013, 01:05 PM
Maybe they should have gem slots for pets too!

Zeus
11-11-2013, 01:11 PM
Maybe they should have gem slots for pets too!

That would be awesome-sauce!

Deadroth
11-11-2013, 01:15 PM
even with 3 gems on mythic and arcane, the arcane will still be better. tired of your selfish desires and i'm serious.

Erm.. You even didnt have time to get tired, You said 'hi' to all and You want to go out of there so fast? Bon-ton is totally wierd for You i suppose..

PS. I need to partly agree with Daddyblu, cause He got point of those 'minimal' diffrences between myths and acranes, look at the glavie and maul.. nothing to say for it. I agree, Arcane needs 4, not 3 sockets. The 28 m for maul outcomes from something am I right?

Staff, same... 35 m more for roughly 13 +INT, proc, and + 1 socket.. Huhuhu..

Arcane should be arcane.. Not 'slightly' better than myth... It has it's price, and that should be caused by something.

Zeus
11-11-2013, 01:18 PM
Erm.. You even didnt have time to get tired, You said 'hi' to all and You want to go out of there so fast?

PS. I need to partly agree with Daddyblu, cause He got point of those 'minimal' diffrences between myths and acranes, look at the glavie and maul.. nothing to say for it. I agree, Arcane needs 4, not 3 sockets. The 28 m for maul outcomes from something am I right?

It does; you're paying for the auto attack damage and proc.

Keep in mind that this is coming from someone who owns an arcane maul.

Deadroth
11-11-2013, 01:22 PM
It does; you're paying for the auto attack damage and proc.

Keep in mind that this is coming from someone who owns an arcane maul.

Keep in mind it is still millions diffrence bud, i know He owns maul, but this isn't point to tell him "This suggestion is pointless, cuz you own maul, You bastard'', no.

And in maul, that attack is veeery slow as You could see Apollo ;) And glavie is preety quick, and it does nice dmg too..

Daddyblu
11-11-2013, 01:24 PM
Erm.. You even didnt have time to get tired, You said 'hi' to all and You want to go out of there so fast? Bon-ton is totally wierd for You i suppose..

Arcane should be arcane.. Not 'slightly' better than myth... It has it's price, and that should be caused by something.

What hard people who comment and dont calculate.

Ohh i got maul and glaive and i will perfect them both.

From that i post a screen shoot then you will see what i mean.

Same goes for mythic staff and arcane staff

Zeus
11-11-2013, 01:25 PM
Keep in mind it is still millions diffrence bud, i know He owns maul, but this isn't point to tell him "This suggestion is pointless, cuz you own maul, You bastard'', no.

And in maul, that attack is veeery slow as You could see Apollo ;) And glavie is preety quick, and it does nice dmg too..

I'm saying that I own an arcane maul. The proc is a very very very powerful proc. Not only does it stun lock a player with one proc, it also does not seem to be calculated into the stun immunity timer. On top of that, you reduce armor by 50% & get much higher bonus damage due to the added 60 str with proc. So, even if the maul takes half an age to swing, attack skills don't come into play for that.

Everything about a maul hurts, including the price that you pay for it.

Zeus
11-11-2013, 01:27 PM
What hard people who comment and dont calculate.

Ohh i got maul and glaive and i will perfect them both

It's ironic because he isn't calculating the huge health increase nor is he calculating the huge damage increase one receives from an arcane staff.

Also, the arcane staff's charged spell if you lead with it, instantly reduces damage. There are tons of things that make it better than the mythic staff. Infact, if you play your cards right, you can cripple a rogue's crit almost completely.

Daddyblu
11-11-2013, 01:29 PM
It's ironic because he isn't calculating the huge health increase nor is he calculating the huge damage increase one receives from an arcane staff.

Also, the arcane staff's charged spell if you lead with it, instantly reduces damage. There are tons of things that make it better than the mythic staff. Infact, if you play your cards right, you can cripple a rogue's crit almost completely.

Lol true.

They only calculate what they see on the stats not the description.

Deadroth
11-11-2013, 01:30 PM
Right , its nice to have people try to calculate 1st before they comment.

What hard people who comment and dont calculate lol.

Thanks death another good caculation

You are welcome bud.
I thought about that sockets today while i played,
and while ago i just realized, there is thread bout it.
I had to defend this idea, cuz it have statement..

Arcane item is HUGE investment in future... And that socket, is great advance to them, taking in mind, the items will, or won't be 'boosted' by devs.. If not, arcane must have 4th socket for sure.

Deadroth
11-11-2013, 01:31 PM

Yea This one slows attack like hell.. Don't forget bout it :) There is complain thread bout it.

The 35 m diffrence between myth staff and arcane isn't worth it. thats all,

Lol true.

They only calculate what they see on the stats not the description.

Okok, if even we will add this spell, and dmg, this isn't worth these 35m + for that staff.. If it had that 4th socket, i would start to think, bout buying it if i had this 50m.. Otherwise, i would say, it is only op stick for 2 seasons.

For that 50 m , i could had full myth set (upgraded ofc ;)) Myth staff, ring, amulet, arcane pet, and next myth weap from second season of relase of Arcane staff.. What we are talking bout.. It is clear, the arcane needs a buff, which would get pepole to buy it...

Zeus
11-11-2013, 01:38 PM
Yea This one slows attack like hell.. Don't forget bout it :) There is complain thread bout it.

The 35 m diffrence between myth staff and arcane isn't worth it. thats all,

Okok, if even we will add this spell, and dmg, this isn't worth these 35m + for that staff.. If it had that 4th socket, i would start to think, bout buying it if i had this 50m.. Otherwise, i would say, it is only op stick for 2 seasons.

For that 50 m , i could had full myth set (upgraded ofc ;)) Myth staff, ring, amulet, arcane pet, and next myth weap from second season of relase of Arcane staff.. What we are talking bout.. It is clear, the arcane needs a buff, which would get pepole to buy it...

If you lead with the charged spell, it is completely fine and will actually help you survive. I've seen some sorcs use it the way I'm saying and suddenly, they transform into tanks! -.-

The other attacks are quite up to speed. Perhaps I'm misunderstanding you, but I think right now you're attempting to give a perspective without even working with these weapons...

Avshow
11-11-2013, 01:40 PM
-1 for this post, i guess most players disagree 4 slots for arcane.

And I do not see the point that you compare L31 arcane with L36 mythic, THEY ARE NOT THE SAME LEVEL.

We should always compare gears at same level first, think about arcane staff L36, it is already much much better then mythic staff L36.

If one more slot for arcane staff, this will break the balance for sure....no chance for mythic staff players either in pvp or in pve speed runs

This is a bad idea.... as least in my opinion.

And I have another question about the poster of this thread...why you always try to fight against most players???is that cool?

Deadroth
11-11-2013, 01:44 PM
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?120788-Charged-attack-on-arcane-staff-is-ridiculously-slow-amp-low-damage&p=1333193#post1333193

That was misunerstood for sure Apollo.

-1 for this post, i guess most player disagress 4 slots for arcane.

And I do not see the point that you compare L31 arcane with L36 mythic, THEY ARE NOT THE SAME LEVEL.

We should always compare gears at same level first, think about arcane staff L36, it is already much much better then mythic staff L36.

If one more slot for arcane staff, this will break the balance for sure....no chance for mythic staff players either in pvp or in pve speed runs

This is a bad idea.... as least in my opinion.

And I have another question about the poster of this thread...why you always try to fight against most players???is that cool?

So You admitting, that Arcane should be comparable only tho items in expansion, in which it was relased? Ridiculous.. I thought, when i buy arcane, i buy it for at least 2, or 3 seasons... Cuz i spend big amount of money then... veery big one..

matanofx
11-11-2013, 01:45 PM
The arcane staff is definitely not as awesome as the arcane maul was at season 4 or as awesome as the arcane hooks were at season 3, i think most will agree.

But this thread is about adding 1 more gem slot to the arcane weapons which is completely unnecessary, just a selfish guy whos frustrated that his lvl31 arcane maul isnt 34234523% better than a LVL36 mythic glaive

We all know the devs wont add a fourth gem slot to the arcane weapons so can we please stop bumping this thread and make new ones with relevant ideas

Zeus
11-11-2013, 01:47 PM
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?120788-Charged-attack-on-arcane-staff-is-ridiculously-slow-amp-low-damage&p=1333193#post1333193

So You admitting, that Arcane should be comparable only tho items in expansion, in which it was relased? Ridiculous.. I thought, when i buy arcane, i buy it for at least 2, or 3 seasons... Cuz i spend big amount of money then... veery big one..

In my post, I state that if you lead with charged staff attack, the timing shouldn't really make a difference. It reduces damage throughout the fight and will definitely reduce damage for a good while.

After that, you can continue with the smurf's main combo.

Dead, honestly, the items do last. I believe last expansion you were saying "hooks shouldn't get buff, they aren't meant to last 3 expansions when they did). The maul, however, is more than holding it's own. It's still the best weapon out there and will continue to be.

Deadroth
11-11-2013, 01:48 PM
The arcane staff is definitely not as awesome as the arcane maul was at season 4 or as awesome as the arcane hooks were at season 3, i think most will agree.

But this thread is about adding 1 more gem slot to the arcane weapons which is completely unnecessary, just a selfish guy whos frustrated that his lvl31 arcane maul isnt 34234523% better than a LVL36 mythic glaive

We all know the devs wont add a fourth gem slot to the arcane weapons so can we please stop bumping this thread and make new ones with relevant ideas

Agree with this bout staff Matan, it is overpriced, but i would still agree with that fourth gem would be really great addition to arcanes, and it would move the 'prices' to fluctuate, and encouarge clients to buy them.

Apollo i know maul is great weapon but.. the glavie is IMO fabulous too... And it is most comparable combo of myth-arcane weap in all expansions.. hooks were much better than bow.. and maul isn't better than hooks were to bow, instead, comparable to glavie ofc..
Ik, it is twisted.. XD But i meant, the diffrence between hooks and bow, isn't soo big as between maul, and glavie..

I admitted, if the maul was on hooks place, then, the glavie would be on bow place. (i wanted only to compare the diffrences)

Avshow
11-11-2013, 01:53 PM
I did not say arcane should be comparable only to items in expansion.Of course, when sts make some decision, they have to take lots thing into consideration.

What I wanted to say is: compare to the gears at level FIRST.

it is just my opinion, as a rogue player, currently I do not have any problem with arcane issue, I just share my opinion about balance ,about fairness. We do play mostly with the players at same level, if sts make too much superior to the arcane gears, this will ruin the game , ruin the balance.

Crowsfoot
11-11-2013, 01:54 PM
Are people really arguing over such a small stat increase? Its +5 max for the maul and +6 max for the arcane staff. The real power of gems is when you get 5 or more stacked on a single player.

Honestly this is like adding a gaupo to your Samuel's stats, you achieved almost nothing.

Zeus
11-11-2013, 01:55 PM
Agree with this bout staff Matan, it is overpriced, but i would still agree with that fourth gem would be really great addition to arcanes, and it would move the 'prices' to fluctuate, and encouarge clients to buy them.

Apollo i know maul is great weapon but.. the glavie is IMO fabulous too... And it is most comparable combo of myth-arcane weap in all expansions.. hooks were much better than bow.. and maul isn't better than hooks were to bow, instead, comparable to glavie ofc..
Ik, it is twisted.. XD But i meant, the diffrence between hooks and bow, isn't soo big as between maul, and glavie..

Actually... bow was arguably better than hooks in many scenarios, especially PvP. Again, this only proves my point that you're making comments without actually testing anything, man. You gotta stop doing that or your opinion starts losing legitimacy in people's eyes.

Both the L36 mythic and L31 maul are slated to be better than the best L41 legendary. Of course they're going to be comparable, with the maul still edging out slightly as the victor.

Deadroth
11-11-2013, 02:04 PM
Actually... bow was arguably better than hooks in many scenarios, especially PvP. Again, this only proves my point that you're making comments without actually testing anything, man. You gotta stop doing that or your opinion starts losing legitimacy in people's eyes.

Both the L36 mythic and L31 maul are slated to be better than the best L41 legendary. Of course they're going to be comparable, with the maul still edging out slightly as the victor.

So You say, apart even from that comparing, that Maul is much better than glavie? This is still 17m diffrence, and glavie is doing veeeery well in pvp and pve. I am not a warrior, so i don't need to know such detailed things, but this thread is about every arcane, and i still think, it needs 2 socket advance on myths. You hav warrior with maul, have You one with glavie too? no? aww.. this shows You don't have profs to fully argue too... Stop saying those texts like 'without having it', I don't need to have current item, to see how it works. Say what You wish, but i suppose, peps will agree bout that, arcane items aren't truly arcane as they should. I use forums to test, and peeps opinions, and as You could see, there was thread bout glavie, and many said, it is 'preety' good for myth item... You can prove Your points, from this is the forum, but i want to prove one point in this discussion, not that bout compares lol, but that about which is that whole discuss, the advance of arcanes on myths. It is needed, that is MINE opinion, Apollo, and You don't need to agree with it.

_______
Deadroth

PS. I said what i had to. I showed my point, You showed Yours, let Dev read, or just close this thread. whatever.

Avshow
11-11-2013, 02:08 PM
somtimes twink gears more expensive than mythic, think about pvp in l31, arcane gives too much advantage.You can use Maul at l36 and L31 pvp, works fine, especially at L31 pvp. Can you use glavie on L31 pvp? no!! That worth 17m

So You say, apart even from that comparing, that Maul is much better than glavie? This is still 17m diffrence, and glavie is doing veeeery well in pvp and pve. I am not a warrior, so i don't need to know such detailed things, but this thread is about every arcane, and i still think, it needs 2 socket advance on myths. You hav warrior with maul, have You one with glavie too? no? aww.. this shows You don't have profs to fully argue too... Stop saying those texts like 'without having it', I don't need to have current item, to see how it works. Say what You wish, but i suppose, peps will agree bout that, arcane items aren't truly arcane as they should. I use forums to test, and peeps opinions, and as You could see, there was thread bout glavie, and many said, it is 'preety' good for myth item... You can prove Your points, from this is the forum, but i want to prove one point in this discussion, not that bout compares lol, but that about which is that whole discuss, the advance of arcanes on myths. It is needed, that is MINE opinion, Apollo, and You don't need to agree with it.

_______
Deadroth

falmear
11-11-2013, 02:24 PM

Arcane staff isn't a game changer like arcane maul, this is proven by the CTF tournament. From my experience it just puts me on the same level as a rogue with mythic bow in terms of possible damage, lightning vs aimed shot. When my shield goes down, with full health I can be combo'd in 2 hits. The charge attack on the arcane staff is a joke. It does less damage and its so slow you will die before it even goes off. And to fire it as a charged attack, you have to stand still. There is no auto targetting like fireball. So you'd be lucky to hit anything with it. The only good thing on the proc is +60 INT. Damage goes from 533 to 583. And +10 Mana regen for a mage? What is the point of this? I could understand if this was a party buff. But this feature is entirely useless when I have 5180 mana. If anyone can afford to buy an arcane staff they can certainly afford to spend pots on mana. Also with Samael's healing over time this is also made further useless. Because Samael's effect is always active and its a party buff. So really besides the stats increase and +60 INT proc which amounts to about 8.5% increase in damage, everything else is useless. They could have saved themselves the effort and just not included it.

As for the original suggestion. I don't think its necessary to add additional slots to arcane weapons. They are already better then their mythic counter parts. If they wanted to they could give a slight bump per socket, like +1 per socket, without making much of a difference.

Zeus
11-11-2013, 02:28 PM

_______
Deadroth

PS. I said what i had to. I showed my point, You showed Yours, let Dev read, or just close this thread. whatever.

I PvP a lot & I do a lot of testing with the help of other players. The maul wins. Daddyblu can testify to that as well. Actually, this is what he always says in other posts as well.

Considering that you have not utilized or tested any of the weapons you are talking about yet remain adamant on arguing about them shows that you just like the argue.

Remember the previous mythic staff thread addressing the glitch? You loved to argue that it was meant to be when it clearly wasn't. A developer posted later on that this was a glitch. A lot of the arguments you make, you come across as uninformed & argue for the sake of arguing.

I don't appreciate you wasting my time or others time as well by misinforming them.

This is my last post to you on the matter, Dead.

falmear
11-11-2013, 02:48 PM
If you lead with the charged spell, it is completely fine and will actually help you survive. I've seen some sorcs use it the way I'm saying and suddenly, they transform into tanks! -.-

The other attacks are quite up to speed. Perhaps I'm misunderstanding you, but I think right now you're attempting to give a perspective without even working with these weapons...

Is this a joke? You tell someone you are attempting to give a perspective without even working with these weapons. Have you used arcane staff in PvP? I honestly don't know what you are talking about. But if you are referring to the charged staff attack. Then you have to be kidding me. I lead with a charged staff attack and allow myself to be combo'd by a rogue or stunned by another mage? Can you prove to me that a charged attack on the arcane staff even does any damage reduction on a target? Because I have never seen this in my own testing. So prove me wrong because I call BS on this.

Zeus
11-11-2013, 03:08 PM
Is this a joke? You tell someone you are attempting to give a perspective without even working with these weapons. Have you used arcane staff in PvP? I honestly don't know what you are talking about. But if you are referring to the charged staff attack. Then you have to be kidding me. I lead with a charged staff attack and allow myself to be combo'd by a rogue or stunned by another mage? Can you prove to me that a charged attack on the arcane staff even does any damage reduction on a target? Because I have never seen this in my own testing. So prove me wrong because I call BS on this.

I've seen it used in that manner by many skilled mages, Falm.

If I'm not mistaken, your Mage has a very few amount of PvP kills. So, like I said to Deadroth, giving advice in an area which isn't your expertise is like giving incomplete information. Have you tried using the charged spell versus a warrior? It negates their crit so you can space out heal way better.

It reduces crit, so in turn, it reduces damage. I believe it was in the patch notes.

Is the attack slow? For sure. Does it need to be improved? For sure. However, it is highly underestimated.

Zeus
11-11-2013, 03:17 PM
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?112748-Realm-of-Shadows-Expansion-First-Look-At-Sorcerer-Arcane-Weapon

It's mentioned in the bottom of the OP.

Also, if charging does take 5-6 seconds, you should report it as a bug because it's supposed to take 1.8 seconds.

keikali
11-11-2013, 03:25 PM
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?112748-Realm-of-Shadows-Expansion-First-Look-At-Sorcerer-Arcane-Weapon

It's mentioned in the bottom of the OP.

Also, if charging does take 5-6 seconds, you should report it as a bug because it's supposed to take 1.8 seconds.

This has already been reported to the devs. I remember Falmear stating this issue because literally this makes this charged skill useless if it takes so long.

falmear
11-11-2013, 03:28 PM
I've seen it used in that manner by many skilled mages, Falm.

If I'm not mistaken, your Mage has a very few amount of PvP kills. So, like I said to Deadroth, giving advice in an area which isn't your expertise is like giving incomplete information. Have you tried using the charged spell versus a warrior? It negates their crit so you can space out heal way better.

It reduces crit, so in turn, it reduces damage. I believe it was in the patch notes.

Is the attack slow? For sure. Does it need to be improved? For sure. However, it is highly underestimated.

So you have never used one? So why are you even talking about it? By your own statement you should not talk about anything you don't have experience using. Secondly this further shows you don't even know what you are talking about. It has a chance to reduce crit.

Charged Attack will 100% of the time cast a new Shadowflare spell. This is a shadow fireball with a chance to reduce enemy crit chance, and/or snare movement by 30%. It is an AoE spell with the area being equivalent to a charged fireball. This costs 0 mana, but does a little bit less damage than charged fireball. Charging takes 1.8 seconds.

So what are you talking about? If I spend 2 seconds to fire a charged attack that only has a chance to reduce crit. Maybe the next time you link to something you'll actually read it. Also the last time I tested this the damage on the AOE spell was no where near a charged fireball. The way you talk like it happens all the time and makes mages a tank. This is hilarious and you are always talk in such hyperbolic terms. Get your facts straight first. No way this makes mages a tank.

Zeus
11-11-2013, 03:37 PM
This has already been reported to the devs. I remember Falmear stating this issue because literally this makes this charged skill useless if it takes so long.

Yes...but if you're starting off with it before the battle begins, believe me, it helps.

@Falm
I don't have a Mage, but I do see mages utilize it effectively in 1v1s. Last time I checked, your PvP kills combined were under 1k so...how are you going to make an accurate judgement on it?

I never denied that the staff doesn't need fixing. However, vs. a warrior, it can greatly improve your chances to live A warrior doesn't have the damage to KO a Mage in the time it takes to charge other skills and get away.

I read it; I know it has a chance to reduce. Have you personally tested the debuff chance? When I've been hit by it, I have noticed the critical debuff work quite often.

You're forgetting that it takes two people to test something, not just the owner of the weapon.

This debuff does a lot against a warrior's Vengeful Blood. Instead of arguing with me, why not go ahead and test it out? Remember, I'm not saying to use it throughout the match. I am saying it to use it starting off where charge time doesn't really apply.

Zeus
11-11-2013, 03:50 PM
P.S: Part of the reason why tanks are so hard to kill on a Mage is because a mage's DoT's trigger the juggernaut ability to keep healing. They're not high enough to kill the tank, but they are high enough to cause him to keep healing in surplus with each tick.

Just some food for thought.

Uzii
11-11-2013, 03:54 PM
Why dont u test with each other instead of arguing who have better arguments :)

And to stay on topic 3 slots r enough for already mentioned reasons.

Zeus
11-11-2013, 03:56 PM

I'm open to the idea as long as he is.

falmear
11-11-2013, 04:04 PM
@Falm
I don't have a Mage, but I do see mages utilize it effectively in 1v1s. Last time I checked, your PvP kills combined were under 1k so...how are you going to make an accurate judgement on it?

I never denied that the staff doesn't need fixing. However, vs. a warrior, it can greatly improve your chances to live A warrior doesn't have the damage to KO a Mage in the time it takes to charge other skills and get away.

I read it; I know it has a chance to reduce. Have you personally tested the debuff chance? When I've been hit by it, I have noticed the critical debuff work quite often.

You're forgetting that it takes two people to test something, not just the owner of the weapon.

This debuff does a lot against a warrior's Vengeful Blood. Instead of arguing with me, why not go ahead and test it out? Remember, I'm not saying to use it throughout the match. I am saying it to use it starting off where charge time doesn't really apply.

Not that it matters I have over 3k kills. You can make whatever judgments of my PvP skills based on the number of kills and KDR, I really couldn't care. I own this weapon and you don't. And based on your own statement, you should take your own advise and not make any comments about. No matter how many PvP kills I have, I have more experience then you using this staff in PvP. And there is no way am I going to start with a charged staff attack when I can stun my opponent(s) and then inflict damage. And avoid giving my opponent a chance to stun me or force me to use heal or my shield. And if you are saying this charged attack is only useful against 1v1 warriors. Then I would like to say to all warriors I face 1v1 going forward. Please stand still and don't try to stun me or snare me so I can get close enough to hit you with my charged staff. Also, if you aren't crit debuffed, I get another free shot.

falmear
11-11-2013, 04:11 PM

This would mean removing Apollo from my in game ignore list. If I need to test it, I can find someone who isn't on my ignore list.

Zeus
11-11-2013, 04:30 PM
This would mean removing Apollo from my in game ignore list. If I need to test it, I can find someone who isn't on my ignore list.

I see most of these kills are in TDM.

CTF is a much different style than TDM, where many of the kills can be earned by ganging, unfair teamplay, etc. CTF is where much of the skillful fighting takes place.

As for the ignore list; I know I'm on it just like I know why you're so biased towards arguing against me for pretty much anything. I did think you'd be able to get over your personal grudges for the sake of testing. However, no offense, if Woofcookie can kill warriors with a mythic staff, you ARE doing something wrong & it certainly isn't the staff's issue.

Zeus
11-11-2013, 04:39 PM
Not that it matters I have over 3k kills. You can make whatever judgments of my PvP skills based on the number of kills and KDR, I really couldn't care. I own this weapon and you don't. And based on your own statement, you should take your own advise and not make any comments about. No matter how many PvP kills I have, I have more experience then you using this staff in PvP. And there is no way am I going to start with a charged staff attack when I can stun my opponent(s) and then inflict damage. And avoid giving my opponent a chance to stun me or force me to use heal or my shield. And if you are saying this charged attack is only useful against 1v1 warriors. Then I would like to say to all warriors I face 1v1 going forward. Please stand still and don't try to stun me or snare me so I can get close enough to hit you with my charged staff. Also, if you aren't crit debuffed, I get another free shot.

Lastly, I'm just going to point out that you're approaching warriors incorrectly.

Juggernaut heals under 25%. Now, from what I've seen, most decent sorcerers are able to get a warrior down to 25%. It's getting him below the 25% that's the issue. Why? Juggernaut kicks in and heals 500 health 50% of the time if the health is below 25%.

So, a sorcerer's vast amount of DoTs actually work AGAINST itself as the slight DoT damages (100-200 per tick) are outweighed by the 500 health gained each time a DoT ticks.

Try it, let me know if it works.

falmear
11-11-2013, 05:07 PM

CTF is a much different style than TDM, where many of the kills can be earned by ganging, unfair teamplay, etc. CTF is where much of the skillful fighting takes place.

So now you are implying I'm a ganger and using unfair teamplay? Almost every CTF match I join its just people flagging unopposed. Or its just people standing around chatting while people flag. So its harder to find a 5v5 match. I'd rather spend my time playing TDM then wasting my time in CTF.

As for the ignore list; I know I'm on it just like I know why you're so biased towards arguing against me for pretty much anything. I did think you'd be able to get over your personal grudges for the sake of testing. However, no offense, if Woofcookie can kill warriors with a mythic staff, you ARE doing something wrong & it certainly isn't the staff's issue.

Also no where did I complain about killing warriors. So how you came to this assumption I don't know. Please quote me to prove where I did. All I said was the arcane maul was a game changer when the arcane staff wasn't. This is proven by certain teams went with arcane maul over arcane staff in the CTF tournament because you could only have one arcane weapon. So stop making things up I didn't say.

Zeus
11-11-2013, 05:16 PM
So now you are implying I'm a ganger and using unfair teamplay? Almost every CTF match I join its just people flagging unopposed. Or its just people standing around chatting while people flag. So its harder to find a 5v5 match. I'd rather spend my time playing TDM then wasting my time in CTF.

Also no where did I complain about killing warriors. So how you came to this assumption I don't know. Please quote me to prove where I did. All I said was the arcane maul was a game changer when the arcane staff wasn't. This is proven by certain teams went with arcane maul over arcane staff in the CTF tournament because you could only have one arcane weapon. So stop making things up I didn't say.

No, I'm not saying that. I've played DM and have over 7k kills myself there. However, DM is VERY easy considering most of the pros do not even fight there. I'd say it's almost like a training ground to get better.

If you take a look at the teams, both an arcane staff team and an arcane maul team have made it to the semi finals. You can't use it as a comparison because both are each very good in their own aspects. The arcane staff team beat some pretty good maul teams on the way up top.

PS: If you're not having trouble with them, then why are you complaining? I thought that because you were complaining, you were having issues. Perhaps I'm the one that needs to bring a humorous meme out this time to lighten things up. :D

csyui
11-11-2013, 05:22 PM
I don't like the idea that better type of items have more slots than other ones. It will bring up more gap between different type of items, and make the game more gear-depended, not skill-depended.

Nowadays, players without myth items hardly compete against those with myth items, either in PvE or PvP.
I have a lv36 rogue with full legendary gears, but instead of go full dex, I have to add some points on str to make her survived from normal attack of arena boss.
I also have a lv36 mage with full myth gears (including myth staff), but my dmg and dps are 50 and 100 less than those with arcane staff. How can the same lvl of weapon has such huge difference? This is much like putting a 2k hoursepower car and 3k horsepower car into the same race, and you tell me who will win the game.

I think all type of item (epic, legend, myth, arcane) should have three and only three slot for upgrading with gem. Then no one would ever complain anything about fairness.

Instanthumor
11-11-2013, 05:39 PM
IMO, it should be;

Legendary 2 slots.
Epics 3 slots.

I'm still agreeing with this.

Ebezaanec
11-11-2013, 06:08 PM
I'm still agreeing with this.

But what about twinks? Twinks can use Hellish gear which is technically epic and would upgrade them...

Then again, I hoard the epics, so maybe it will profit me instead... :)

Slovek
11-11-2013, 09:25 PM

u really sure tdm is the game where ganging most happen? you really are over generalizing now. problem is you guys talk about based what you only see and feel. im sure we were doing organized tdm 4 hours ago and i don't see any ganging happening.

Slovek
11-11-2013, 09:28 PM

yes ofcoruse u only take into account the maul and glaive. thanks for minding the other mythic and arcane items too.

it's really funnny when people don't takw into account the procs and other stat area woot woot

Slovek
11-11-2013, 09:32 PM

you judge base on price -for all i know u be the first one to complain when an arcane staff and maul easily toasts u in pvp..

Maalice
11-11-2013, 10:28 PM
Tried to read all of this but had to stop due to my eyes bleeding...

Smh..m

Zeus
11-11-2013, 10:34 PM
u really sure tdm is the game where ganging most happen? you really are over generalizing now. problem is you guys talk about based what you only see and feel. im sure we were doing organized tdm 4 hours ago and i don't see any ganging happening.

You're under-generalizing. One incident means there's no ganging?

Slovek
11-11-2013, 10:36 PM
You're under-generalizing. One incident means there's no ganging?

i said "most"

falmear
11-12-2013, 12:31 AM
PS: If you're not having trouble with them, then why are you complaining? I thought that because you were complaining, you were having issues. Perhaps I'm the one that needs to bring a humorous meme out this time to lighten things up. :D

You're the one that is jumping to conclusions that I am complaining about warriors. All I said was this and this is a direct quote "Arcane staff isn't a game changer like arcane maul, this is proven by the CTF tournament." This is my perception from teams submitting their lists at the beginning since more then one team decided not to use arcane staff even though they had one. But I haven't followed the tournament, so I could be wrong based on who advanced. What I was complaining about is arcane staff proc and you're attitude saying "you're attempting to give a perspective without even working with these weapons". And just full disclosure, I plan on using this quote the next time you rage about something you don't own or have experience "working with".

Crowsfoot
11-12-2013, 12:36 AM
My thoughts after reading Apollo and falmear's posts: "pass the popcorn please"

May I remind you that if you have nothing nice to say it is best to say nothing at all. Quit judging each other and recognize the original focus of this thread: should arcanes have more gem slots than mythics?

Zeus
11-12-2013, 12:39 AM
You're the one that is jumping to conclusions that I am complaining about warriors. All I said was this and this is a direct quote "Arcane staff isn't a game changer like arcane maul, this is proven by the CTF tournament." This is my perception from teams submitting their lists at the beginning since more then one team decided not to use arcane staff even though they had one. But I haven't followed the tournament, so I could be wrong based on who advanced. What I was complaining about is arcane staff proc and you're attitude saying "you're attempting to give a perspective without even working with these weapons". And just full disclosure, I plan on using this quote the next time you rage about something you don't own or have experience "working with".

Read what Crow said, please.

Lastly, that was directed to Deadroth, not you. Most of the time, your posts are well thought out and constructive.

Instanthumor
11-12-2013, 12:44 AM
Read what Crow said, please.

Lastly, that was directed to Deadroth, not you. Most of the time, your posts are well thought out and constructive.

Geez Apollo, you really do have a gift of ticking people off...

My PoV, arcane weapons should NOT have more upgrade slots than mythic items.

Crowsfoot
11-12-2013, 12:46 AM
Agreed. It isn't necessary

Slovek
11-12-2013, 12:47 AM

haha

same pov too bruuuh

Zeus
11-12-2013, 12:51 AM

I personally think that we all have it in us & display it to some extent.

Instanthumor
11-12-2013, 12:53 AM

*Some extent

Crowsfoot
11-12-2013, 12:58 AM

Bro, just let this stone drop. You don't need the last say. The two posts hadn't involved you at all.

Instanthumor
11-12-2013, 01:00 AM
Bro, just let this stone drop. You don't need the last say. The two posts hadn't involved you at all.

His excuse for having the last say is that he doesn't want to be seen ignoring the other person's comment, but that goes for all of us, doesn't it?

Slovek
11-12-2013, 01:02 AM
idk but this is getting derailed already my goshy wolly

#apolloing
#keepbackontopic
#tryfirstguys
#notoplusgemsonarcane

Crowsfoot
11-12-2013, 01:02 AM
His excuse for having the last say is that he doesn't want to be seen ignoring the other person's comment, but that goes for all of us, doesn't it?

Would be great if this thread would stop having posts telling me how others think/act.

Mods, please close this thread it is way off topic

Instanthumor
11-12-2013, 01:03 AM
Would be great if this thread would stop having posts telling me how others think/act.

And what do you think you're doing right now? ;) Lolz.

Instanthumor
11-12-2013, 01:04 AM
IMO, it should be;

Legendary 2 slots.
Epics 3 slots.

Back on topic, I'm still looking forward to this being implemented.

Slovek
11-12-2013, 01:04 AM

so much win guys so much win. dis is a million dolla comment

Crowsfoot
11-12-2013, 01:11 AM
And what do you think you're doing right now? ;) Lolz.

Stating the obvious in a non offensive manner. Prove I was telling people how you or anyone else was thinking and I will apogize. I never once pretended to know more about you than you did yourself.

Saying "his excuse for having the last say ..." Is entirelly hypothetical and unfactual. State your opinions, I don't find it polite shoving words in another pserson's mouth.

I came on this thread to try and get the train crash back on the rails without making a scene. Aparrently I was beating a dead horse.

Daddyblu
11-12-2013, 01:18 AM
Guys no need to overheat.

Its just a suggestion,

If you don't like it then just no, I don't think you need to curse and call me @!*&^#*(&@!(#@.

You think you have a better Idea then post it.

In 1-2 weeks we will be crafting soon and i know all of us will be testing it.

Arcane Should always be on top.

1. The game it self called Arcane legends meaning all "Arcane" items is Legendary, Arcane means Mysterious.

In short it is Mysterious & Legendary.

Its not easy to get arcane items.

1. Cost of the item - price range when it 1st come out is more than 50m.
2. if you open crates you will need to spend big amount of money in getting one.

Dont you think arcane items Deserved its power?

A lof of players say Arcane is over power, Well it should be and it will always be that why it is called arcane legends.

Otherwise we will rename the game Mythic legends or Epic legends instead?

For the jealous people out there you cant acquire one, please try to spend some money so will feel who hard it is to get one.

Thanks!

HAX
11-12-2013, 01:52 AM
Daddy why everytime you post a thread most disagree with you :) ?

Daddyblu
11-12-2013, 01:56 AM
Daddy why everytime you post a thread most disagree with you :) ?

Because most of them are having hard time getting arcane items.

HAX
11-12-2013, 01:58 AM
Who said free users dont have arcane when I had my maul from farming and saving you still wasn't in game :) means what? Just plat user have good items

Daddyblu
11-12-2013, 02:02 AM
Who said free users dont have arcane when I had my maul from farming and saving you still wasn't in game :) means what? Just plat user have good items

Nah i did not say that. "i said most of them" dint i?

Limsi
11-12-2013, 02:16 AM
Because most of them are free users who cant afford Arcane Items.

You went a little bit overboard here with this comment. I'm telling you that the majority do not pay real cash to play but rather enjoy the casual aspect of the game. If you're all too clingy and joyous about your "paying" status, I suggest you make your own group flashing every top dollar you spend.

Learn to be sensitive.

falmear
11-12-2013, 02:37 AM
Its not easy to get arcane items.

1. Cost of the item - price range when it 1st come out is more than 50m.
2. if you open crates you will need to spend big amount of money in getting one.

Dont you think arcane items Deserved its power?

For every extra slot it means an extra +6 stat. So lets say you have full primary stat, then that would mean +18 for mythic and +24 (4 slots) for arcane. I am not just thinking of now but later. No one knows what the future holds for arcane weapons. If you say an extra +1 per slot for a superior bonded gem, then it would be like +18 vs +21. So its like an extra half slot without any UI changes. I think this is an easier sell and gives a bit extra advantage to arcane. I think I saw someone say that the stats for an upgraded Glaive vs upgraded Maul would be the same? Because Glaive is level 36 vs level 31 Maul. So the upgrade on the maul would be less per slot. I think we'll see more rage threads about that. So we may see a boost to maul in the future.

Daddyblu
11-12-2013, 03:12 AM
@falmer
Maul -90.6 Dps, 48 Str, 26 Dex,26int, 2.71% crit, proc stun aoe 50%deduce armor and +60Str
Glaive - 115.1 Dps, 45 Str, 9 Dex 18 int, 4.30% Crit, 117 Armor , Proc +35 Str

All mythic and arcane 3 slots.
Arcane Maul +15
Arcane Staff +18
Arcane Hook +12
Mythic Glaive +18
Mythic Orbital staff +18
Mythic Razorback +18
Mythic Bow + 15
Mythic passive +15
Mythic Gun +15

Example of Perfect items Crafted.

Arcane Maul -90.6 Dps, 48 Str, 26 Dex,26int, 2.71% crit, proc stun aoe 50%deduce armor and +60Str ( +15 Str Gem socket ) = Total Str = +63 Str

Advantage 1 proc AOE Attack arean range in range,
Disadvantage it will take you ages to per 1 swing.

Mythic Glaive - 115.1 Dps, 45 Str, 9 Dex 18 int, 4.30% Crit, 117 Armor , Proc +35 Str,( +18 Str Gem Slocket ) - Total Str +63 :smile:

Advantage - Same Str Bonus , Faster than maul, 1 maul swing = 2 glaive swing. higher armor, And 15-20m Cheaper

If arcane will have 4 slots
Arcane Staff will be +21
ArcaneMaul will be +20
Arcane Hooks + 16

All above is perfect crafted items.

So all of you can add you your self that how the bonus damage go,

smuggs
11-12-2013, 07:29 AM
Because most of them are free users who cant afford Arcane Items.

This is why people find it hard to even converse with you! Not everyone is made of money and this is a FREE TO PLAY game so it shouldn't cater to everyone whose got cash to blow. A lot of people work overtime just to make ends meet and arent as well off as apparently you are. Some of us have children to take care of and this is our outlet for some casual fun. Attack people based on their incomes again...

Daddyblu
11-12-2013, 07:42 AM
You went a little bit overboard here with this comment. I'm telling you that the majority do not pay real cash to play but rather enjoy the casual aspect of the game. If you're all too clingy and joyous about your "paying" status, I suggest you make your own group flashing every top dollar you spend.

Learn to be sensitive.

Yah i did, because from what i can see most of the haters and who disagree are people who dont have arcane items.

well im not saying this because i have one. Its because the rarity of the item the cost you need to one.

its is explain above why.

smuggs
11-12-2013, 07:51 AM
And that's a good reason to insult people based on income sprtcuz? No way. Thats completely insensitive, rude, and callous. People don't disagree because they cant afford them nor because you can. They disagree because arcanes are only supposed to be best for 2 seasons as was stated by devs and because as they're already the most powerful they don't need to expand said gap even further. Sorry but you bringing income into this conversation says a lot about the person you are and your values....and its NOTHING to be desired.

Daddyblu
11-12-2013, 07:56 AM
And that's a good reason to insult people based on income sprtcuz? No way. Thats completely insensitive, rude, and callous. People don't disagree because they cant afford them nor because you can. They disagree because arcanes are only supposed to be best for 2 seasons as was stated by devs and because as they're already the most powerful they don't need to expand said gap even further. Sorry but you bringing income into this conversation says a lot about the person you are and your values....and its NOTHING to be desired.

your reading aren't you? its about the rarity of the item.

do you think a 10m mythic should have same item slot with a 30-50m arcane weapon? read apollo's Post so you will understand. i think apollo and Death explained it properly.

smuggs
11-12-2013, 08:08 AM
Maybe you need to read apollos reply, because he stated that he sees NO reason for an extra slot. And when were talking the difference of a level 31 maul and a level 36 mythic, yes I do believe they should be the same or very similar because were talking a 5 level difference here. Its not like my level 36 arcane staff is pushing out the same damage as a 36 mythic, were talking quite a gap here between levels where they're supposed to be phased out eventually anyway.

Yes I've been reading and I've replied quite a few times...what really put me over the edge is you talking about incomes....you may have edited that one post but you've got it in the one you did before that too. I work 60 hours a week to support my family...and my priorities lie with my wife and 2 children...I spend money on plat when I can, and I don't expect to get the arcanes and mythics for it, and I can bet that it also isn't the reason people are arguing with you. Weve stated its a bad idea and have given reasonings behind it. When that was said and done you attacked based on income and that is extremely poor judgement on your call. There are morals and ethics and attacking people based on their ability to pay for something extra is ludicrous and violates basic human ethics and morals.

Crowsfoot
11-12-2013, 08:15 AM
The staff is a dps weapon. As such its role in pvp is less powerful than the maul which is a damage weapon. Eventually we will have an arcane sword (or even more discouraging, an arcane ward) and rouges will have their bow and mages their gun. Then we will see the warriors complaining as you are now, and then, as it is now, no changes to our weapon will occur.

Rouges have been complaining about hooks for months. I doubt they will get a bone now.

Daddyblu
11-12-2013, 08:20 AM
The staff is a dps weapon. As such its role in pvp is less powerful than the maul which is a damage weapon. Eventually we will have an arcane sword (or even more discouraging, an arcane ward) and rouges will have their bow and mages their gun. Then we will see the warriors complaining as you are now, and then, as it is now, no changes to our weapon will occur.

Rouges have been complaining about hooks for months. I doubt they will get a bone now.

True its on the timeline that i made.. but STS need to be fair, As warrior we had our time when maul is release. In the next expansion its the time of the rouges and lastly Mages.

Maybe ill make a rouge.

Slovek
11-12-2013, 08:28 AM
Because most of them are having hard time getting arcane items.

u edit sir omg sir

Xstealthxx
11-12-2013, 08:39 AM
I think will be op, nd arcne items are more powerful than mythic items now.. So i dont see the need for extra slots for arcane stuffs..

Justg
11-12-2013, 09:09 AM
We're happy with our current design for crafting slots. Samhayne's gonna get it in the game and we'll see how it goes from there.

Gonna shut this one down now.

*clickety-clack*