Argyros
11-11-2013, 11:10 AM
Contents

I. Intro
II. Rooms
III. Hallways
IV. Conclusion

I. Introduction

Hey Pl community! Yes its me Argyros, bringing you a simplistic informative guide. I will cover the basis of crowd control (aka cc) for bears. Crowd control is a tanking tactic that makes use of walls, and trees to stun and hold multiple mobs, while dealing damage. If you do not fully understand the concept of tanking, read this thread- http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?123556-A-basic-guide-to-bear-tanking-(since-it-seems-people-really-need-it)

I will be using simple images, which shall hopefully get the point across. Here is the key-

Green dot- Your character/bear.
Blue dot- A monster/mob.
Black- The walls.
Orange dot- Taunt/taunted.
Red lines- Hellscream.
Light blue lines- Beckon.
Yellow lines- Stomp.
Light green lines- Move/movement.

II. Rooms

A room/open area situation generally resembles this-

The first objective is to maintain aggro on every mob in the area. Depending on the size of the area, you should be able to maintain aggro in only two taunts. So the obvious first step would be to taunt the first couple of mobs in range-

Now that the mobs have noticed you, they should come running. You have successfully disturbed their aggro radius. Move near the center of mobs to deliver a final taunt-

Now that you have complete, "attention," of every mob, move to the nearest wall-

Next, use beckon, making sure that all the mobs are in range. Be careful not to select a mob during this process, stay, "neutral."

As you beckon, it should resemble a slingshot motion. Move foward about 3m off the wall directly after beckon, and use hellscream to stun-

Now, beckon and hellscream should be fluent motions. It is alright if the mobs did not fully reach the wall on beckon, stomp should finish the job-

At this point, your mages/birds will come, support you and finish the job. When soloing, or if your team is across the map, go in close to the mobs a deliver your slashes. If a single mob starts moving away, knock him back with vengful slash. When stun wears off, stomp>hellscream, or redo your combo. Hellscream is insanely important, I cannot stress that enough.

III. Hallways

This crowd control situation is similar to rooms, with the exception of straight walls, and possibly less mobs. A basic situation resembles this-

First, move directly to the wall nearest to the center of the mobs and taunt-

Wait until they are fully in range, and beckon-

Move 2-3m away from the wall while using hellscream, right after beckon-

Now stomp, and go in and use your slashes. Making sure to stun with hellscream, and knockback with stomp constantly-

If the mobs are really tough, try switching to the opposite wall, repeating the process above.

IV. Conclusion

Hopefully, this guide has shown you cc in a very simplified manner. In the game, you should be able to maintain aggro, collect mobs, and destroy them all in a matter of seconds. Thanks for reading!

~A

(Note: If I am missing a piece of infomation or not portaying it correctly, please post. Also, I have only posted two of the most simple cc situations, I hope to add about three more COMPLEX situations in the next couple of days.)

ThePvpTwink
11-11-2013, 11:24 AM
Nice job ;)

Argyros
11-11-2013, 11:51 AM
Nice job ;)

Thanks, it's very much a work in progress.

ElDoubleYou
11-11-2013, 11:53 AM
Bear is bes +1

NECROREAPER
11-11-2013, 12:16 PM
This is a good alternative to the all text guides from before.

Keep in kind though, this isn't the only way to crowd control on bear; I do something similar but takes less time and is just as if not more effective, and time is important when on elixirs.

Argyros
11-11-2013, 12:32 PM
This is a good alternative to the all text guides from before.

Keep in kind though, this isn't the only way to crowd control on bear; I do something similar but takes less time and is just as if not more effective, and time is important when on elixirs.

Ya, I have somethings I need to add. Pm me your alternative way, I'll add it in. Cc is very complicated and there are many different methods. >.<

Ks_Leon
11-11-2013, 12:35 PM
lol at first i see the op,i thought i learn biology and chemistry with a germ and an atom physical. lol

Chopper
11-11-2013, 02:00 PM
nice. I have a bird, mage and rhino but was curious to try a bear for crowd control. Nice basic guide!

XghostzX
11-11-2013, 05:18 PM
Nice guide :)

DocDoBig
11-11-2013, 06:12 PM
Nice job dude!

iiirootzz
11-11-2013, 06:16 PM
Impressive!! I appreciate the effort!

Multibird
11-11-2013, 06:22 PM
Well Done!

Argyros
11-11-2013, 06:59 PM
Nice guide :)

Nice job dude!

nice. I have a bird, mage and rhino but was curious to try a bear for crowd control. Nice basic guide!

Thanks guys! I look forward to updating it.

Sent from my YP-G70 using Tapatalk 2

Everyone'sFavMage
11-11-2013, 10:57 PM
Really great, this was needed.

Faliziaga
11-12-2013, 02:46 AM
I like ur pics !

Argyros
11-19-2013, 08:17 PM
Thanks for all the responses guys!

Tyranno-
11-20-2013, 07:25 AM
Nicely done!! I wish more ppl read forums; particularly bear players - to see this post. :D