PDA

View Full Version : Proc of the Arcane Staff

Haligali
11-11-2013, 01:44 PM
+60 int and +10 mana regen, thats it? Shadowflare is a joke, this weapon really need some check. For a sorcerer, mana regen is the least important, can you please replace with some useful thing, like stun proc or armor reduce? (or both) I bought last week one, i was very happy at first, but now disappointed his effectiveness in pvp. :(
Currently, the lvl31 mythic gun and the lvl36 mythic staff got more useful proc.

falmear
11-11-2013, 04:41 PM
The proc of +10 mana regen is pretty sad. Samael is better for mana regen. If you can afford to own an arcane staff, you can afford to own Samael. +60 INT is nice its about 8.5% damage increase. There is supposedly a push back chance on a non-charged attack. I have to admit I have never seen it happen myself. But I talked to someone else who confirmed it.

As for the charged attack, this is completely useless. I don't use it myself, and never seen it used by anyone with arcane staff. I have also talked to others who have the arcane staff and they don't use a charged attack. Based on my testing its also no where close to the damage of a charged fireball as stated in the announcement thread and produces less damage then a normal attack. Waiting the duration to charge this weapon isn't worth it in my opinion. There is no way you can stand there mid combat and use it. At best you could use it at the beginning of combat. But based on the damage and "chance" to reduce crit and/or 30% snare. Its not worth it in my opinion. To hit something with the shadowflare you have to get very close. I am not gonna get stunned, combo'd, etc by getting that close.

I posted a bug in the technical issues forum, but no response was given about this.

Ravager
11-11-2013, 06:37 PM
The proc of +10 mana regen is pretty sad. Samael is better for mana regen. If you can afford to own an arcane staff, you can afford to own Samael. +60 INT is nice its about 8.5% damage increase. There is supposedly a push back chance on a non-charged attack. I have to admit I have never seen it happen myself. But I talked to someone else who confirmed it.

As for the charged attack, this is completely useless. I don't use it myself, and never seen it used by anyone with arcane staff. I have also talked to others who have the arcane staff and they don't use a charged attack. Based on my testing its also no where close to the damage of a charged fireball as stated in the announcement thread and produces less damage then a normal attack. Waiting the duration to charge this weapon isn't worth it in my opinion. There is no way you can stand there mid combat and use it. At best you could use it at the beginning of combat. But based on the damage and "chance" to reduce crit and/or 30% snare. Its not worth it in my opinion. To hit something with the shadowflare you have to get very close. I am not gonna get stunned, combo'd, etc by getting that close.

I posted a bug in the technical issues forum, but no response was given about this.

The pushback is a small nudge.

JaytB
11-11-2013, 09:23 PM
I do have to agree that the proc on charging is pretty useless in PvE too. First, it charges way too slow to be even considered using during elite runs. You could use the proc as opening shot but that basically just grabs agro while dealing minimal damage, meaning that by the time you have fired fireball to stun mobs you'd be dead. So yeah, a stun definitely would be useful even if it was only a couple of seconds.

The 60int proc isn't bad but the 10 mana regen buff isn't even noticeable.

Last there is the slow fire rate of the staff, again making it impractical for elite runs.

The staff is really great in the damage and particle effects department, but could be made a whole lot more useful and fun to play with as mentioned in the points above.

Haligali
11-12-2013, 04:17 AM
Samael is better for mana regen. If you can afford to own an arcane staff, you can afford to own Samael.

Actually, i spent all my money on staff, so no. I say mana reg is useless for sorc. In pve, there are cheap mana pots. In pvp, if im in team battle, i use heal with contains mana for rogues, if i 1-1, then even with str build my mana is 4k, the battle wont last long enough to run out. The most useful thing in samael pvp is his passive panic ability, which is kinda op.

Valsacar
11-12-2013, 09:19 AM
As a staff owner I have to agree, the proc on both mythic weapons is far better. I'd rather have the proc of the nord staff than what we have currently.

The charged attack is useless as well, the stun of the fireball is far better (not to mention the higher damage). I only used it when I was running mobs for the halloween event, then it was nice (shadow followed by fireball basically took out most groups of normal mobs).

Haligali
11-12-2013, 09:49 AM
To take you a little more conversation, what kind of proc do you suggest to replace the useless mana regen?

I miss the team buff and area stun of the runic gun, or it would be nice to see the 90% damage reduction of the mythic staffs. An area stun+50% armor reduction like the warrior arcane weapon would be cool also. A panic proc would be very welcome.

(edit: my favourite is an aimed shot proc, haha)

falmear
11-12-2013, 07:08 PM
Replace the useless mana regen with a mana drain when it procs on your opponent. And add a stun to the Shadowflare. Charging to do less damage is beyond my comprehension. I'd like someone to explain this one to me. And its only 50% damage of a charged fireball.

drgrimmy
11-12-2013, 09:57 PM
Replace the useless mana regen with a mana drain when it procs on your opponent. And add a stun to the Shadowflare. Charging to do less damage is beyond my comprehension. I'd like someone to explain this one to me. And its only 50% damage of a charged fireball.

I don't have it but I love the mana drain idea! This would be really useful in pvp, but i guess pretty useless in pve. Maybe on a similar line a silence proc which prevents enemies in pvp from using a skill or an enemy in pve from using a red zone attack.

The aimed shot idea is pretty cool too. If rogues can have a shield proc with a mythic weapon, why can't we have and aimed shot proc with our arcane weapon. :)

falmear
11-13-2013, 12:45 AM
Thank you to Samuraisoul for being my test dummy. So the crit reduction is 10% for about 4 seconds. And the 30% snare is like 2-3 seconds. The snare is extremely short and hardly noticable in terms of limiting movement. Because the duration is so short and the seems almost non-existent, so I file this under another useless feature. I recorded 35 tests. Of the 35 test, 26 test resulted in no crit debuff or snare. You can either do crit reduction or snare or both. So it seems like you have about a 75% chance to get nothing on a charged attack with the staff. The results which produced something broke down like this:

1 snare movement by 30% only
5 10% crit debuff only
3 both

So 9 out of 35 times produce something with the majority of those times producing a crit reduction. Snare is so short and not really even noticable so I guess I am glad to see it didn't happen very often alone.

So claims that this could be used against a warrior and turns a mage into a tank is a total joke. Now I tested against one person, this may apply to the entire AOE when it does happen. But given that:

1) Charged attack is less damage then normal attack
2) Charged attack is not even close to a charged fireball damage
3) Snare movement by 30% is useless given that it hardly reduces any movement and duration is so short
4) Low chance of even getting crit reduction on target(s)
5) Takes extremely long time to charge staff

I wouldn't even use a charged attack at the beginning of combat or even mid combat. Not even in PvE would I even consider using it. The chance of something happening is so low that its a waste of time to charge the staff.

will0
11-13-2013, 07:42 PM
Dev have not response to this thread and the "Charged attack on arcane staff is ridiculously slow & low damage" thread since it was posted hope they will look into it.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?120788-Charged-attack-on-arcane-staff-is-ridiculously-slow-amp-low-damage

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?112748-Realm-of-Shadows-Expansion-First-Look-At-Sorcerer-Arcane-Weapon/page6

will0
11-19-2013, 09:18 PM
SAM / STS: Is there plan to review the Arcane staff? The mana regen of the staff is useless as per few of these staff users including myself and charging skill spell as well... Charge time is taking longer than 1.8 sec..

Since this was posted weeks back nobody from STS seems to acknowledge this feedback and issue.

Thanks.