View Full Version : GEMS. How much would it be in GOLD? (just an estimate)

Vertuldo
11-12-2013, 02:46 AM
So.. with all the she bang goin' on around regarding the upcoming update- Upgrade and Crafting; I was wondering... How much will the prices of GEMS in gold? just an estimate?

Here are my thoughts:

Gems will be sold for plats in the store. If gems will sell for a range of 25-50 plats per piece, and if essences will be as the same drop rate with legendary weapons plus the merging time of 8hrs? (was that 8hrs?)...

How much gold will yield per piece of gem?

500k and up??

consider the first day of the update?

will it sky rocket to a million?

share your thoughts... the price range may give the plat spenders an idea of how much these gems should be priced on the consignment.

and oooh please! no flaming or folly thoughts or whatever not related to the topic.

Lui Delos Santos
11-12-2013, 03:12 AM
50-100k per gem but 500k each?no way!!

Vertuldo
11-12-2013, 03:23 AM
50-100k per gem but 500k each?no way!!

Like I said mate.. it will really depend on how much STS will sell it on the store. Plus consider the fact that on the first day of the update, most of us players will really be excited to upgrade our weapons. It will be the plat spenders that will dictate the price of the gems on the first week after the update. we will never know. :)

Saribeau
11-12-2013, 07:40 AM
i dont plan on buying any. im gonna farm continuously until i get some. btw when i posted this question no one answered so at least your getting a little response

Crowsfoot
11-12-2013, 07:46 AM
Here are the factors:

1) plat cost in store

2) drop rate of essences

Untill you can answer me those you cannot get an estimate.

Saribeau
11-12-2013, 07:49 AM
Here are the factors:

1) plat cost in store

2) drop rate of essences

exactly i just hope i dont need lep or luck elix to get essenses

Crowsfoot
11-12-2013, 07:55 AM
exactly i just hope i dont need lep or luck elix to get essenses

They are an epic item.

Valsacar
11-12-2013, 09:10 AM
Here are the factors:

1) plat cost in store

2) drop rate of essences

Not exactly correct, unless the plan changes they will be determined by the following factors:

1) Plat cost in store

2) See #1

Nothing else will affect the price but how much it costs, in plat, to purchase 10 essence. They will NEVER be more expensive than 10 x (plat price of an essence) X 500gp.

keikali
11-12-2013, 09:13 AM
It definitely will be decided by the cost of it in the store.

Prahasit Prahi
11-12-2013, 09:44 AM
We can purchase gems or essences?? Via platinum??

najcomp
11-12-2013, 11:29 AM
From what i heard essences cannot be purchase and its only farmable to create gems.

Crowsfoot
11-12-2013, 11:48 AM
Not exactly correct, unless the plan changes they will be determined by the following factors:

1) Plat cost in store

2) See #1

Nothing else will affect the price but how much it costs, in plat, to purchase 10 essence. They will NEVER be more expensive than 10 x (plat price of an essence) X 500gp.

False. If you can get 3+ essences a km3 run the price will be low (since people will be getting 20+ gems a day). It won't matter if gems are 100 plat each I the store at that point.

Plat doesn't hold the entire market on gems, where plat will become influential is items having 3/3 superior bonds (since it takes 8-16 hours to try for a superior bond w/o plat).

I will reiterate that essences drop rate will be a factor.

Prahasit Prahi
11-12-2013, 11:52 AM
False. If you can get 3+ essences a km3 run the price will be low (since people will be getting 20+ gems a day). It won't matter if gems are 100 plat each I the store at that point.

Plat doesn't hold the entire market on gems, where plat will become influential is items having 3/3 superior bonds (since it takes 8-16 hours to try for a superior bond w/o plat).

Condensation of essences into one gem takes 8hrs..if u need in a min u should pay 16 platinum so we can't make 20+ gems a day...:)

Hoardseeker
11-12-2013, 11:52 AM

Condensation of essences into one gem takes 8hrs..if u need in a min u should pay 16 platinum so we can't make 20+ gems a day...:)
20+gems in a day ? Then each gem costs like deary egg yep!

Crowsfoot
11-12-2013, 11:54 AM

You get 5 slots per character. You get your 5 gems worth and switch characters.

I have 7 characters, so I will be doing that during the first week ;)

7x5= 35 I got this.

Prahasit Prahi
11-12-2013, 11:59 AM
You get 5 slots per character. You get your 5 gems worth and switch characters.

I have 7 characters, so I will be doing that during the first week ;)

7x5= 35 I got this.

Ur awesome...better they make the drop rate like the missing pieces lol hahaha...everyone cries then

Carapace
11-12-2013, 12:01 PM
Not sure where you are getting your information, but there is not (to my knowledge) a plan to sell straight Gems in the store for platinum at the present time. You can however, purchase Essences to help you craft Gems.

Essences are character bound, Gems are not.

Edit: Essences are also farmable in game, plat is not the ONLY way to get them.

Prahasit Prahi
11-12-2013, 12:04 PM
Essences are plat bought??
Dang i thought gems..lol

Solid
11-12-2013, 12:05 PM
any idea on the price of essences?

Carapace
11-12-2013, 12:07 PM
any idea on the price of essences?

I do ;)

Prahasit Prahi
11-12-2013, 12:08 PM
Not yt....the only thing I know was the time conversion platinum....it takes 8hrs...to convert n if u need at that moment. It costs 16 plat

Crowsfoot
11-12-2013, 12:09 PM
I do ;)

Ahahaha xD

Prahasit Prahi
11-12-2013, 12:11 PM
Finally wid this crafting..the game doesnt ballence anymore...from player to player. As diff player uses diff kind n variety of items..

Crowsfoot
11-12-2013, 12:11 PM
Ur awesome...better they make the drop rate like the missing pieces lol hahaha...everyone cries then
Did whole quest in an hour. Ask joncheese in his words "are you [...] kidding me!"

Plus these are epic items so farming should be fairly easy IMO.

Juicymango
11-12-2013, 12:20 PM
Not sure where you are getting your information, but there is not (to my knowledge) a plan to sell straight Gems in the store for platinum at the present time. You can however, purchase Essences to help you craft Gems.

Essences are character bound, Gems are not.

Edit: Essences are also farmable in game, plat is not the ONLY way to get them.
I think that means you can buy AND Farm essences BUT CANNOT buy gems for plats..

Do i understand this right?

wvhills
11-12-2013, 01:14 PM
the way i understand it I don't think it's going to be that costly. The essences are epic drops so should be fairly easy to farm. it's just going to take some time to get them.

falmear
11-12-2013, 01:20 PM
My guess is 15 plat per essence. 150 plat for 10 essences which would make a gem. Based on Halloween, I would expect 3:1 or 4:1 gold to plat ratio. So I think we would look at 450-600k per gem initially. Of course once more get farmed, the price will drop.

Saribeau
11-12-2013, 01:29 PM
My guess is 15 plat per essence. 150 plat for 10 essences which would make a gem. Based on Halloween, I would expect 3:1 or 4:1 gold to plat ratio. So I think we would look at 450-600k per gem initially. Of course once more get farmed, the price will drop.

i cant say i agree, but no matter. better start farming

Carapace
11-12-2013, 03:01 PM
I think that means you can buy AND Farm essences BUT CANNOT buy gems for plats..

Do i understand this right?

This is correct

wvhills
11-12-2013, 03:12 PM
This is correct

sounds like a good system to me, provided the essence's are a fairly common drop. Those with more time than money can farm what they need and those with more money than time can just purchase.

Given this info i'd say the cost of essences will be fairly low. I'd say 1-5 plats. I'm sure there would be people who would spend 15 plat on an essence but i'm not sure how many. That's 150 plat to create one gem. You can put 3 gems in mythic gear and there are 5 gear slots. That's tons of plats if u were to purchase them.

I guess it comes down to if sts would rather have people buying the gems out right or have people spend time farming them. Of course, they may price them high and have the drop rate low so people would spend a bunch in the store or have to purchase a loot reroll in order to get them. That's probably how it will work imo.

but, idk if a reroll would work since they are epic drops. You may end up rerolling out of an essence into a crate.

baddiva
11-12-2013, 05:32 PM
I think if its just the same as upgrading myth helm, it would be like 150k per gem.

but then how avrg player would even consider to upgrade their pinks?
it's ridiculous... since the gems are more expensive (or in other word, harder to get) than the item.

but if it is a lot easier to buy essences in plats, then the price equilibrium, once again, based on how much it cost the essences in plats with something like this:

---------------------
PG = PE x 15k gold
---------------------

PG: gem price in gold
PE: essence price in plat

e.g. essences are sold @10 plat then the gem price would be 150k gold

wow... the prices are the same...

but the most important thing is, how much each normal bond and superior bond will be priced at?

i also guess for each normal bond will be priced @ 250k
but a superior one, could be 2,5 million each..

damm i'm cursed

Sent from my LG-P970 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

Vertuldo
11-12-2013, 06:46 PM
If sts wants to have more people buying essences, they have to make the drop rate the same as maybe the legendary items drop rate. Think about it. If the gems will be too common, the price will be too low that too many players can afford them in gold and plat spenders like me will just have to farm them then spend 16 plats to combine them.

Vertuldo
11-12-2013, 06:52 PM
I think if its just the same as upgrading myth helm, it would be like 150k per gem.

but then how avrg player would even consider to upgrade their pinks?
it's ridiculous... since the gems are more expensive (or in other word, harder to get) than the item.

but if it is a lot easier to buy essences in plats, then the price equilibrium, once again, based on how much it cost the essences in plats with something like this:

---------------------
PG = PE x 15k gold
---------------------

PG: gem price in gold
PE: essence price in plat

e.g. essences are sold @10 plat then the gem price would be 150k gold

wow... the prices are the same...

but the most important thing is, how much each normal bond and superior bond will be priced at?

i also guess for each normal bond will be priced @ 250k
but a superior one, could be 2,5 million each..

damm i'm cursed

You only mentioned the price of the essences, say.... 10 plats per essence x 10 essences + 16 plats to combine them (if you don't want to wait for 8 hrs) = 116 plats per gem. price in gold may be as high as 400k up.

baddiva
11-12-2013, 07:04 PM
You only mentioned the price of the essences, say.... 10 plats per essence x 10 essences + 16 plats to combine them (if you don't want to wait for 8 hrs) = 116 plats per gem. price in gold may be as high as 400k up.

if i'm going to sell gems, there's no way i would pay plats to craft them ;)

Crowsfoot
11-12-2013, 08:11 PM
You can farm essences though. And who is going to pay 400k for +3 base stat?

Everyone seems to forget that superior bonds will be much rarer than superior bonds. I predict players needing 30+ gems each.

Vertuldo
11-12-2013, 09:17 PM
You can farm essences though. And who is going to pay 400k for +3 base stat?

Everyone seems to forget that superior bonds will be much rarer than superior bonds. I predict players needing 30+ gems each.

I assume you would want to edit that reply? you mean to say normal bonds will be much rarer than superior bonds. is that it?

baddiva
11-12-2013, 09:37 PM
I assume you would want to edit that reply? you mean to say normal bonds will be much rarer than superior bonds. is that it?

you might also want to edit your post lol... typonazimode

Valsacar
11-13-2013, 04:37 AM

They stated they will drop like epic items. How often have you gotten an epic item from a barrel or normal (non-boss) mob? They will be farmable, but probably drop only slightly more often than crates do from jarl.

If that was the end of it, they would be worth a good amount. But since essences can be bought for plat, they will be worth less than the plat cost. If it's 10plat per essence, so 100plat per gem, you're looking at 50k gold as the MAX price. If they drop too often, sure they will be worthless and then no one would be buying them for plat... so you know THAT isn't going to happen.

I will reiterate that the plat price of essences will be THE factor.

I still believe STS would make more money off this if they did NOT sell essences for plat. Then, given the stated rarity, they would probably sell for more than the plat price they are planning (unless it's some ridiculous number). The real money maker is the plat to save time, and the random superior bonding.

STS - If you read this, discuss the idea of trying this first WITHOUT selling for plat and see how sales go. If it doesn't work, you can always go back to your original plan of selling them for plat.

Fidalex
11-13-2013, 08:09 AM
If i am not wrong normal or superior gems will be only an outcome of putting a "base" gem into an item, so superior gems aren't tradable, only "base" can be traded.

Gluedog
11-13-2013, 08:48 AM
i dont plan on buying any. im gonna farm continuously until i get some. btw when i posted this question no one answered so at least your getting a little response

agreed.

Morholt
11-13-2013, 11:35 AM
In about two weeks, they'll be worth 500 gold. They will be fairly common, especially once people have had some time to log in.
Meanwhile, they may get to a decent price very early on due to the hype. Don't buy into hype...sell it for all you can.

Essences will be dropping plentifully. Platinum pricing means nothing. Few people are going to waste their platinum for something easily farmable during their normal runs. The platinum will be spent on speeding up the time of socketing mythic & arcane items. The success rate of a superior bond was hinted at early on in the threads..."a roll of the dice." I think they meant a single die, though--1/6. But then again, I've rolled some 20-sided dice in the past. ;) If they really meant dice, it's likely 2x 6-sided dice...1/36 chance.Honestly, that's not too bad.

Anyway, don't waste too much effort. The gems will be completely worthless once some snazzy new runes are created. :P

Trader's tip:
In the meantime, I won't be selling my gems; however, if someone wants to buy them off me...I'll shut up and take your money. ^.^

Z
11-13-2013, 12:47 PM
In about two weeks, they'll be worth 500 gold. They will be fairly common, especially once people have had some time to log in.
Meanwhile, they may get to a decent price very early on due to the hype. Don't buy into hype...sell it for all you can.

Essences will be dropping plentifully. Platinum pricing means nothing. Few people are going to waste their platinum for something easily farmable during their normal runs. The platinum will be spent on speeding up the time of socketing mythic & arcane items. The success rate of a superior bond was hinted at early on in the threads..."a roll of the dice." I think they meant a single die, though--1/6. But then again, I've rolled some 20-sided dice in the past. ;) If they really meant dice, it's likely 2x 6-sided dice...1/36 chance.Honestly, that's not too bad.

Anyway, don't waste too much effort. The gems will be completely worthless once some snazzy new runes are created. :P

Trader's tip:
In the meantime, I won't be selling my gems; however, if someone wants to buy them off me...I'll shut up and take your money. ^.^
When they say "roll of the dice" they're not hinting towards odds they are just saying its not gonna be common. Like, its gonna take a few tries to get that superior bond.

Vertuldo
11-13-2013, 09:45 PM
When they say "roll of the dice" they're not hinting towards odds they are just saying its not gonna be common. Like, its gonna take a few tries to get that superior bond.

yah! I believe that is entirely correct. :)

Crowsfoot
11-13-2013, 10:05 PM
If i am not wrong normal or superior gems will be only an outcome of putting a "base" gem into an item, so superior gems aren't tradable, only "base" can be traded.

All gems are the same. Regular bonds ate more common than superior bonds where superior bonds increase your stats more than regular bonds. Bonding is the processes of infusing a gem to an item.

Sexun Buzz
11-13-2013, 11:30 PM
normal bond gives +3 stat.. superior bond gives +6.. don't forget the +4 and +5 .... that makes +6 so much rare.. :)

Lui Delos Santos
11-15-2013, 01:15 AM
here is my quick reply..please sts dont make the gems purchaseable in stoe why?to avoid rich players
just sitting and waiting to any players to buy their o.p gems in auction.plat user have enogh sdvantsge by
making the essence condence in just one snap.this
is a role playing game so everyone should work for any item.am i right?