PDA

View Full Version : More PvE APs

Benet
11-12-2013, 06:09 PM
I think sts need to bring in more PvE kill aps because no more have been introduced since season 1. Nearly all end game players are way past the last 10k kill ap. It would also give players that can't get asset aps,50m/100m gold, or arcane/myth ap a chance to get more points with a manageable achievement.
IMO i think there should be a 25k kill ap, a 50k kill ap, a 100k kill ap and a 250k kill ap.

Crowsfoot
11-12-2013, 08:01 PM
I have been a supporter of this for awhile. However, I wouldn't make an AP beyond 100k pve kills atm.

SpiritedAway
11-12-2013, 08:05 PM
+1.

Alhuntrazeck
11-12-2013, 08:35 PM
What we need is challenging APs like the Arena ones, not the number of kills...like s1's precise preambulator where you don't step in a pool of poison during the entire fight with Stahl, but harder.

smuggs
11-12-2013, 09:05 PM
I agree alhunt...getting x amount of kills is easy and rather monotonous. Adding a bit of complexity like precise perambulator would make for some interesting APs. Bloodhammer without getting hit by the bombs, defeating inan' hesh in x amount of minutes, not getting more than 1000 dmg reflected by alpha wolf for the entirety of the match (just threw in a random number...never really payed attention to how much health I lose fighting bosses really)

Crowsfoot
11-12-2013, 09:06 PM
What we need is challenging APs like the Arena ones, not the number of kills...like s1's precise preambulator where you don't step in a pool of poison during the entire fight with Stahl, but harder.
We need new titles that few people have, and you can't get from a friend (like Midas touch). A 15k ap achievement or a 100k+ pve kills achievement would give room to do this.

drgrimmy
11-12-2013, 09:24 PM
I think sts need to bring in more PvE kill aps because no more have been introduced since season 1. Nearly all end game players are way past the last 10k kill ap. It would also give players that can't get asset aps,50m/100m gold, or arcane/myth ap a chance to get more points with a manageable achievement.
IMO i think there should be a 25k kill ap, a 50k kill ap, a 100k kill ap and a 250k kill ap.

I have been a supporter of this for awhile. However, I wouldn't make an AP beyond 100k pve kills atm.

Yes, yes, yes! But 100k will make almost no change to the leaderboards. 500k and 1m pve achievements would really be needed if we are going to make these true achievements. 1m pve kills would be the pve equivalent of 10k flags in pvp.

drgrimmy
11-12-2013, 09:28 PM
It would also be nice to have achievements for pve players who farm lots of elites. Say loot 100 golden elite puzzleboxes, loot a lvl36 quills or pylon of brutality, kill a particular elite boss 100x, etc.

Eversor
11-12-2013, 09:35 PM
It would also be nice to have achievements for pve players who farm lots of elites. Say loot 100 golden elite puzzleboxes, loot a lvl36 quills or pylon of brutality, kill a particular elite boss 100x, etc.
I like the original idea in this thread, but I like this even more!

Crowsfoot
11-12-2013, 10:31 PM

That benefits plat users heavilly. Keep it to slaying elite bosses please.

Say, you kill 1k-5k elite shuyal bosses and get the "Titan Slayer" AP.

Crowsfoot
11-12-2013, 10:32 PM
Yes, yes, yes! But 100k will make almost no change to the leaderboards. 500k and 1m pve achievements would really be needed if we are going to make these true achievements. 1m pve kills would be the pve equivalent of 10k flags in pvp.

I get where you are coming from, but I think 10k flags is the worst achievement in game so I have that bias.

Ps: if you have to get that many flags, at least offer a title, perhaps "flag ship"?

Frohnatur
11-13-2013, 12:12 AM
I totally agree to all of this.

I'm so tired of this pvp thing. I still try to get 10k kills and I'm close, but all games nowadays are flagging parties. Barf. This is more than grinding. It has turned into a social club, where you get kills or flags only by reputation, not by skill. sigh.

Soundlesskill
11-13-2013, 01:25 AM
Yesss!

Daddyblu
11-13-2013, 01:27 AM

Agree with this. PVE come on thats way too easy LOL and if we have PVE up a lot of people killed more than 500k already.

500k ap is like 10k flag ap = boring

We need new dungeons new bosses.

Maybe two Elite boss at the same time AP LOL!

Soundlesskill
11-13-2013, 01:33 AM
There should kinda be 1m PvE kills ap..

Some actually has it and it shoul be rewarded o.o

KingMartin
11-13-2013, 02:36 AM
+10 to this idea. 'Nuff said, there were entire books having been written on this already :)

More variability on how to achieve LB would be great.

EDIT, and yes I agree with Crow - no AP for PvE beyond, say, 200k kills. I know players that spent insane amount of time playing and they have like 400k kills. So, those millions are kinda ridiculous. I tried to write a simple code once (sendKey code in VB) that autofights in Boulder. Easy, but not my style.

johnsr
11-13-2013, 09:36 AM
Makes perfect sense Benet. I do agree with a few others as well that we should go beyond and have a few more PVE AP's made available as well. Something more complex and like Allhunt said maybe even most arena kills or Elite PVE kills to be considered in a separate category.

johnsr
11-13-2013, 06:01 PM
You just put my dream scenario! Two Elite bosses at the same time.

Mind = blown

Daddyblu
11-14-2013, 06:09 AM
You just put my dream scenario! Two Elite bosses at the same time.

Mind = blown

more challenge yah? thats what i think also.. LOL an arena with two elite boss as last battle! So cool!

GoodSyntax
11-14-2013, 09:23 AM
As much as I HATE luck based APs, how about adding the probability of a Bael/Krunch spawn in elite maps WITH the boss, so effectively, you are fighting two at the same time.

Let's be honest about things - getting to the boss is the most difficult part of elite runs, the boss themselves are relatively easy. A challenge would be to randomly have another boss "teleport" in so things can actually be difficult for a change.

It would even be fun where on certain bosses, there is a timer that counts down, and when the timer is up, another random boss teleports in, kind of how it is done in Normal Gold Mine. How fun would it be to have Bael, Ruger, Bloodhammer and Frostir all pummeling you and your party! Now THAT is a challenge!

Sky_is_epicgearz
11-14-2013, 09:37 AM
It would even be fun where on certain bosses, there is a timer that counts down, and when the timer is up, another random boss teleports in, kind of how it is done in Normal Gold Mine. How fun would it be to have Bael, Ruger, Bloodhammer and Frostir all pummeling you and your party! Now THAT is a challenge!

i dont think having bosses from different maps "teleporting" into another map is agood idea and having "Bael, Ruger, Bloodhammer and Frostir all pummeling you and your party!" is not a challenge, more like mission impossible... i partly agree with having bael/krunch spawns in elite however AFTER a boss kill not at the same time, it would only complicate things...also i dont want to spend so long killing 4 different bosses at the same time.... it would more reasonable to add this to the arena ;)

just my opinion

GoodSyntax
11-14-2013, 11:57 AM
Perhaps 4 simultaneous bosses is a bit overkill, but honestly, I don't think that any of the elite bosses are that difficult. It's far more challenging to just get to the boss than it is to kill it. Adding the dimension of a second boss would actually make boss kills challenging.

For instance, there was a glitch in Elite Undim Fields where there were two bosses spawning. Ask Scar and Sorceress whether that was a challenge or not. A case like that is a real achievement, rather than the pedestrian go to WT4 and kill farm for APs.

I agree with others that there has to be some challenging, preferably non-luck based, Achievements - achievements which not everyone can get, and which most will never even bother to try.

I mean, wouldn't you agree that the 3 necromancers that spawn are more dangerous to you and your party than Elite Overgrowth himself? Shoot, even the Ninjas that spawn in Elite Rooks Nest are harder to kill than Bael, which is why no one ever bothers to deal with them.

bmorris
11-27-2013, 10:59 PM
I Know And Love That This Game Is Social In Nature But Would Not Mind Having Some Form Of Solo Aps Like Elite Rooks Solo Within A Certain Time Frame.

chitgoks
11-28-2013, 04:40 AM
lets have an army clone of jarls... the more the merrier ;)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

xXz21
11-28-2013, 01:34 PM
for what?? AP here for what? u don't need it for nothing..

give u items?? NO..

Give u money? 5k maybe and 20k LOL

Give u pvp set? NO.

well ap on arcane legends is for nothing.

Aion AP = PVP Items/Good Pots

Temarichan
11-28-2013, 04:58 PM
I agree alhunt...getting x amount of kills is easy and rather monotonous. Adding a bit of complexity like precise perambulator would make for some interesting APs. Bloodhammer without getting hit by the bombs, defeating inan' hesh in x amount of minutes, not getting more than 1000 dmg reflected by alpha wolf for the entirety of the match (just threw in a random number...never really payed attention to how much health I lose fighting bosses really)

I don't find it easy to get kills. Perhaps. Mage with AoE might find it easy, but to get to 100k kills is quite challenging to many people. Some of us can't just sit there and go on a killing spree.

Temarichan
11-28-2013, 05:00 PM
for what?? AP here for what? u don't need it for nothing..

give u items?? NO..

Give u money? 5k maybe and 20k LOL

Give u pvp set? NO.

well ap on arcane legends is for nothing.

Aion AP = PVP Items/Good Pots

Not when your an officer encouraging people to get paragon so their guild can reach a good rank in AL. They're there for a reason. You might not care, but our guild does.

xXz21
11-28-2013, 06:45 PM
Not when your an officer encouraging people to get paragon so their guild can reach a good rank in AL. They're there for a reason. You might not care, but our guild does.

I understand ur point temarichan but my point is for what u need more ap? put more ap available don't make any diference all guilds complete it and u stay at the same position..

if AP can be a usable ''points'' this is diferent.

on Aion the Legions (guild) are base for the ammount of ap theys have (AP = Abyss point) (abyss = PVPVE zone (Pve and PvP) and sure pvp kills too..

tell me for what u need 16k ap? just for complete it bcus u don't get nothing with ap. for what u need tittles on AL? for nothing us for ''look'' another games ''tittles'' give u a % of attack or something like a 2%attack speed 4% movement speed etc..

really this is why i never make all my ap on AL bcus don't give me nothing. (for guilds is only for rank)

and i know DS care it and i care the DS rank (u know who i am i think)

Temarichan
11-28-2013, 08:12 PM
Wait. Who are you :3