View Full Version : Ughh..

Wickedbearrrr
11-12-2013, 07:40 PM
Hey guys....i just want to point something out that ive seen alot of lately. Okay...so lately ive been merching n stuff...but what ive seen from alot of people selling stuff, they always say that they have gotten this offer but that offer always seems to be really high and unusual for someone to offer...so i ask them.."Who offered this?" And its always the same response...oh i forgot...why do you want to know?...or they just say someones name that is offline....Anyways ..just wanted to point this out.....Thanks..

Somemager
11-12-2013, 07:43 PM
They try to trick you in paying more than you can bargain for i just look for better offers.

Suentous PO
11-12-2013, 07:45 PM
That's one of my alts "ohiforgot", I pay really well, soz.

Wickedbearrrr
11-12-2013, 07:46 PM
They try to trick you in paying more than you can bargain for i just look for better offers.
Well that was quick...but tru tru..

Wickedbearrrr
11-12-2013, 07:47 PM
That's one of my alts "ohiforgot", I pay really well, soz.

Lol...

Reunegade
11-12-2013, 08:02 PM
It's a way of merchanting. If you don't like the offer, then don't offer higher.

Trenton
11-12-2013, 08:09 PM
Merching is dirty business

People lie so much, and they use Drakermage to make lots of gold from people who don't really know prices

Wickedbearrrr
11-12-2013, 08:17 PM
Merching is dirty business

People lie so much, and they use Drakermage to make lots of gold from people who don't really know prices
How does drakermage even get rich if he/she always puts overpriced?

Trenton
11-12-2013, 08:43 PM
How does drakermage even get rich if he/she always puts overpriced? Take a green drag set for example

He buys two green sets, say for 2.5 a piece = 5m. He puts one set in cs for 5m, and a person whom isn't too great about cs prices goes "Omg i wantz a green drag set lemme see hao much it iz in cs. Omg iz 5m, I'll pay 4.5 for it." Boom, 2m profit. He has like infinite money so buying multiples of sets and the cs listing prices are no problem to him, and he just keeps making more and more. This also isn't his only way and it probably doesn't work 100% of the time, and he may do other things but that's pretty much it in a nutshell.

iiirootzz
11-12-2013, 08:46 PM
How does drakermage even get rich if he/she always puts overpriced? Take a green drag set for example

He buys two green sets, say for 2.5 a piece = 5m. He puts one set in cs for 5m, and a person whom isn't too great about cs prices goes "Omg i wantz a green drag set lemme see hao much it iz in cs. Omg iz 5m, I'll pay 4.5 for it." Boom, 2m profit. He has like infinite money so buying multiples of sets and the cs listing prices are no problem to him, and he just keeps making more and more. This also isn't his only way and it probably doesn't work 100% of the time, and he may do other things but that's pretty much it in a nutshell.

Exactly.

Once you get to a comfortable gold count, this is literally the easiest way to make insane amounts of gold.

Wickedbearrrr
11-12-2013, 09:01 PM
Exactly.

Once you get to a comfortable gold count, this is literally the easiest way to make insane amounts of gold.

Ohhhhhh..But ive seen him/her in cs higher than others that put lower...wouldnt people go for lower price??

Wickedbearrrr
11-12-2013, 09:02 PM
I still little bit confused:/

iiirootzz
11-12-2013, 09:15 PM
I still little bit confused:/

It all is very subjective is all.

IGN Storm
11-12-2013, 09:53 PM
Ohhhhhh..But ive seen him/her in cs higher than others that put lower...wouldnt people go for lower price??

People would 90% of the time. But occasionally Draker would have the only item listed and BOOM, huge profit. If someone underlists him significantly, he can just buy it and dominate the market. If one person has all the Green Sets in the game, you'll have to either farm it or pay whatever price he asks for. Plus, sometimes people are careless enough to buy, say, a Lilith Bracer for 400k. Im guilty

billybob1
11-12-2013, 09:58 PM
Exactly.

Huh? Do u know how much it costs to list high price items? U lose gold by doin this...it costs to list..unless u either drop or get lucky n buy insanely cheap this does not work...but wut do I know...im just a poor noob tryin to make it in the pl lyfestyle

billybob1
11-12-2013, 10:00 PM
And wicked..just say no ty when they say they have highr offer...75% of the time they will lower..its when u start to go back n forth with offers is when u lose the merching edge

Kingzila
11-13-2013, 02:04 AM
Hey guys....i just want to point something out that ive seen alot of lately. Okay...so lately ive been merching n stuff...but what ive seen from alot of people selling stuff, they always say that they have gotten this offer but that offer always seems to be really high and unusual for someone to offer...so i ask them.."Who offered this?" And its always the same response...oh i forgot...why do you want to know?...or they just say someones name that is offline....Anyways ..just wanted to point this out.....Thanks..

Ive seen this before just stupid people trying to ramp up the price.

simple fix check cs if its not in cs hit up a big merch about the item and price. And if that doesint work you always have the forums to check with about the item if you feel unsure I dought that's the case though seeing your not crying about missing gold or being ripped off.

Wickedbearrrr
11-13-2013, 07:52 AM
And wicked..just say no ty when they say they have highr offer...75% of the time they will lower..its when u start to go back n forth with offers is when u lose the merching edge

Yeah ik....But i just wanted to warn others that might be uneasy with a price

Cheenivie
11-13-2013, 08:07 AM
Huh? Do u know how much it costs to list high price items? U lose gold by doin this...it costs to list..unless u either drop or get lucky n buy insanely cheap this does not work...but wut do I know...im just a poor noob tryin to make it in the pl lyfestyle

Trash pls

blatta
11-13-2013, 08:25 AM

If your mission is to make 200 mil out of 100, then this isn't really an issue. The key of this strategy is to ALWAYS have a lot of the highest priced items in cs. So you need like 50-100 mil as an investment and really mucho of patience with cs. With patience i mean, sometimes waiting a month or a year before stuff sells for the price you want.

Wickedbearrrr
11-13-2013, 05:20 PM
If your mission is to make 200 mil out of 100, then this isn't really an issue. The key of this strategy is to ALWAYS have a lot of the highest priced items in cs. So you need like 50-100 mil as an investment and really mucho of patience with cs. With patience i mean, sometimes waiting a month or a year before stuff sells for the price you want.

This is what you do?

Fusionstrike
11-13-2013, 05:25 PM
He's basically just trading on the lack of information and low supply of high-demand items. People will often look in CS and use that as the "right price". What they don't see is the history of what the the item has actually sold for over time, which would provide the real "right price". He can only do this because there's no public record of sale prices (say, the last 50 transactions) and not enough supply for sale to "hold" the right price in the market. When there's only one or two items ever listed, it's easy for someone with enough money to take them out of the market to drive the price up. It's a risk if he can't ever sell it for more than he paid, but as long as he's willing to wait he has a chance to make it back. The only thing that can kill him is for some major change to drive prices down, which in PL pretty much only happens with an increase in supply, e.g. drop rate increase.

This is why real-life markets both have huge supply and published sale prices. These two things keep direct price manipulation like this from being feasible. If PL published the history of sales that players could look up, the only thing left would be to try to buy up the supply to drive prices up. But that becomes a much bigger risk when everyone knows the "real" price the item sells for. The price has to legitimately go up to make any money then.

billybob1
11-13-2013, 08:09 PM
This is what you do?

Keep in mind of how much he says to have or have access too...lotta people dont have th gold on hand just on items..blatta is on a merch lvl that very few can match..so it will work for him bcuz of the amount of gold he has on hand...he is one of the best unknown merchants in pl

Wickedbearrrr
11-13-2013, 08:37 PM
Keep in mind of how much he says to have or have access too...lotta people dont have th gold on hand just on items..blatta is on a merch lvl that very few can match..so it will work for him bcuz of the amount of gold he has on hand...he is one of the best unknown merchants in pl

Tru tru

IGN Storm
11-13-2013, 10:16 PM

He's the other guy who overprices items.

billybob1
11-13-2013, 11:16 PM
He's the other guy who overprices items.

Who determines pricing? I dont get how people can say wut is op..

WhoIsThis
11-13-2013, 11:19 PM
He's basically just trading on the lack of information and low supply of high-demand items. People will often look in CS and use that as the "right price". What they don't see is the history of what the the item has actually sold for over time, which would provide the real "right price". He can only do this because there's no public record of sale prices (say, the last 50 transactions) and not enough supply for sale to "hold" the right price in the market. When there's only one or two items ever listed, it's easy for someone with enough money to take them out of the market to drive the price up. It's a risk if he can't ever sell it for more than he paid, but as long as he's willing to wait he has a chance to make it back. The only thing that can kill him is for some major change to drive prices down, which in PL pretty much only happens with an increase in supply, e.g. drop rate increase.

This is why real-life markets both have huge supply and published sale prices. These two things keep direct price manipulation like this from being feasible. If PL published the history of sales that players could look up, the only thing left would be to try to buy up the supply to drive prices up. But that becomes a much bigger risk when everyone knows the "real" price the item sells for. The price has to legitimately go up to make any money then.

Putting something like a price history would be a huge benefit for the PL economy though. It would very quickly diminish the profit margins of merchanting. That's a huge gain in and ofitself, because merchanting fundamentally is bad for the game. It is a transfer of wealth from the poorly informed to the well informed.

blatta
11-14-2013, 06:45 AM
Putting something like a price history would be a huge benefit for the PL economy though. It would very quickly diminish the profit margins of merchanting. That's a huge gain in and ofitself, because merchanting fundamentally is bad for the game. It is a transfer of wealth from the poorly informed to the well informed.

Itīs far more a transfer of wealth from the impatient to the patient. See all the people offering "fast cash" in BC ;)

Cheenivie
11-14-2013, 07:28 AM
I think I farmed with him a couple times cried, tried again, cried again. Never knew someone can get so many blade steels in a run...(Him being blatta)

Wickedbearrrr
11-14-2013, 07:58 AM
I think I farmed with him a couple times cried, tried again, cried again. Never knew someone can get so many blade steels in a run...(Him being blatta)
Lol

blatta
11-14-2013, 10:44 AM
This is what you do?

Not exactly, iīm only trying to explain how a long term cs business model can make prices feeling op. Itīs a bit like buying beer at night at the gas station - it really feels op - but you lucky you got one anyway. ... On the other hand, some prices are only crazy and more of a joke. But thatīs really easy to figure out.

blatta
11-14-2013, 10:52 AM

Yah, i remember, the whole floor was wet from your sadness and frustration, but i hat my luck panties on and drops where raining on me. Good times, gone times. Don't work anymore ;)

Wickedbearrrr
11-15-2013, 07:08 AM
Not exactly, iīm only trying to explain how a long term cs business model can make prices feeling op. Itīs a bit like buying beer at night at the gas station - it really feels op - but you lucky you got one anyway. ... On the other hand, some prices are only crazy and more of a joke. But thatīs really easy to figure out.

Ah okay thanks.

Cheenivie
11-15-2013, 08:20 AM
Yah, i remember, the whole floor was wet from your sadness and frustration, but i hat my luck panties on and drops where raining on me. Good times, gone times. Don't work anymore ;)

Hahah hit me up IG if you need someone to farm with I'm low on gold nowadays

IGN Storm
11-16-2013, 02:35 PM
Who determines pricing? I dont get how people can say wut is op..

Anything that exceeds what people normally buy/sell for is OP.

Cheenivie
11-16-2013, 03:24 PM

But if everyone selling the item sells it for an "op" price the price goes up

blatta
11-16-2013, 08:02 PM
Hahah hit me up IG if you need someone to farm with I'm low on gold nowadays

see u there :)

blatta
11-16-2013, 08:17 PM

From a 10.000 meter distance thatīs absolutely true. But what people pay for an item differs much between markets (CS, Forum, "Street", PVP) alone. Also prices changes much in time. At Fang-cap i remember buying much from US-Players in the evening (europe here) and selling to asian people in the morning. My own definition of OP is, when i have a somehow fixed buy/sell price and find myself some day with 20/40/50 pieces of that item, then i have overpriced it.

IGN Storm
11-16-2013, 08:55 PM
But if everyone selling the item sells it for an "op" price the price goes up

If a Demo Xbow Set sells for 6.2mil ish 100 times and was sold for an OP price, say 10mil, then the normal price is around 6.24 (Averaged) which makes a price of 10 mil OP.

But if everyone sells for an OP price, then its not really OP since that's what people normally buy/sell for.

From a 10.000 meter distance thatīs absolutely true. But what people pay for an item differs much between markets (CS, Forum, "Street", PVP) alone. Also prices changes much in time. At Fang-cap i remember buying much from US-Players in the evening (europe here) and selling to asian people in the morning. My own definition of OP is, when i have a somehow fixed buy/sell price and find myself some day with 20/40/50 pieces of that item, then i have overpriced it.

The prices for the "different markets" aren't different by very much. Prices do change over time but an item is still overly priced if it's listed 20% higher than the average price.